TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t we have a prior statement saying they didn’t enter the car because it was locked? Yet this only indicates one door was locked. How sad that they didn’t enter and find the phone and determine maybe someone needed help IMMEDIATELY!

2. Would they have driven OVER the clothes en route to the call? From my understanding yes....
Yes!

Given the details in the sheriffs report, this is my theory of what happened:

Somewhere near the intersection where the last digital evidence was recorded, Jason turned off Waze to begin messaging or photo messaging via Snapchat. I think this began while he was stopped at an intersection – not quite texting and driving, but close. Snapchat is a commonly used platform for text and photo messaging. My theory is that these snaps were not regarding a meet up or anything to do with his trip, but rather just normal messaging with friends.

Soon after, I believe his phone accidentally slipped out of his hand and lodged between the driver seat and the center console at the place where the last digital ping occurred. Given Waze was turned off, this could explain why Jason missed his turn and continued on to salt flat road. It also could explain why there was no additional phone usage reported even though Jason’s phone had power and service.

After dropping his phone, and well still distracted thinking about the messaging he was doing on Snapchat (perhaps with a girl he was interested in?), Jason continues for 5 miles in the wrong direction to the place where his car was found on Salt Flat Road. Something causes him to swerve or over correct - possibly an animal, a slippery part of the road.

In the accident, Jason hits his head. He grabs his backpack, and climbs out of the car. He does not take his phone, because he knows it is wedged between the seats This is when he scratches himself on the car or a tree or on the barbed wire and gets the small amount of blood on his waist band. Confused and disoriented, he drops his backpack close to his car. As he continues walking in search of help, his head injury causes paradoxical undressing.

Sadly, I believe that Jason likely died of his injuries and/or the elements nearby and has simply been missed in the previous searches. I still think that the nearby bodies of water are the best location to search, even perhaps the one pond that was partially drained. I think that this is a sad and unfortunate accidental death.

I think the weed was for personal use while home over the holidays and unrelated to his disappearance. I also do not think that there were others involved.

I think this is truly a terrible case of bad luck. I feel for Jason‘s family, and I hope they are able to locate him soon and to be able to have some closure in there are grieving process.

all of the above is my own theory, amateur opinion, and speculation.

My son was made to take off his shoes. The perps could have easily made my son take off his clothes.
I believe Sheriff report.
I don't believe there were any perps.
He could, of course have had a subarachnoid haemorrhage spontaneously which brought about the crash but was not as a result of the crash. aneurysms just burst in their own time, no necessary outside force required.
But he wouldn't have gotten far afterwards.
But as it looks like he did possibly get further and if his weed was tainted, it's an exploration that has to happen. For catharsis.

JMO this is what makes the most sense at this moment, probably intended to connect with Highway at the end of Salt Flat Rd, if I remember correctly LulingResident said there was a route on Waze that that led back I-10
Just to clarify, I said that Waze tried to re-route me multiple times before I got to the accident site. It was only after I passed Pumper Road that Waze just gave up and said keep going straight to 1322 to 86 to 183.

Didn’t we have a prior statement saying they didn’t enter the car because it was locked? Yet this only indicates one door was locked. How sad that they didn’t enter and find the phone and determine maybe someone needed help IMMEDIATELY!

2. Would they have driven OVER the clothes en route to the call? From my understanding yes....
Depends. If they were coming on 1322 from Lockhart (Sheriff), they could have come from the other direction. Alternatively, unfortunately a bunch of idiots drive out those gravel roads and throw trash out of their windows, so if they came from Luling, they might have just thought it was trash on the road. Right now on Soda Springs Road, there is an old couch and a baby stroller sitting just off the road. DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!
Edited to say I don't think someone threw a couch, or even a baby stroller, out the window...more likely back of a pickup.

Last edited:
Yeah but do people import it? And what is the mode of transport?
Nobody in their right mind would knowingly smoke PCP prior to a long drive.
I have a feeling he probably did not smoke on that ride, it was his father's vehicle and that stuff smells to high heaven for days afterwards in a vehicle.
So maybe this was extra incentive to leave the main road and go on a country road. This way he could open the door and lean against his car while he smoked and not worry about the cops seeing him as he drove. Just a theory.

If his shoes (slippies or sandles) were found in the road with the rest of his clothes, how far could he have gotten either on a gravel road or through the fields, barefooted? Seems like that would have really slowed him down.

Forgive me for just logging in to find the thorough details and information that has been released by the sheriff's department revolving around the last known activity believed to be Jason.

Some folks don't think it is in the LEO's best interest to share so much of their evidence with John Q. Public. But MOO there are some instances where it's like " what have you got to lose at this point " and LE share super details with anyone interested in where the case is going.

Please will someone who has seen or heard the backstory involving JL's "deceased beta fish in a tumbler"? Odd to hear about this IMHO lol.

Also I have to admit how freaking proud of it made me feel to read the official investigators set the record straight involving the news stations click bait techniques, low down dirty reporters! Who described the narcotics filled backpack! Boo Fox News.

What is the reason that LE believe that the blunts were possibly laced with halucinatants (spelling?) ? I'm not sure if anyone else has had the opportunity to smoke or use edibles that have been government regulated grown in dispensaries for medical purposes. Let me tell you something important if you haven't. It is not intended to be used as a recreational drug. It is potent and alters your state of awareness and slows your entire body and mind comfortably. But IF you have not smoked any before it will creep on you quickly!

But what is going on that makes authorities suggest that or believe it? I'm sure there will be testing done on the weed and if there is anything laced with the devil's lettuce the crime lab for the TXDPS will find whatever it was.
I found this interesting article on the news to me facts about weed dealers lacing it for selfish, greedy motives with no regard for the consumer. Hope you take a look at this and let me know what you think about the odds!
What Is Marijuana Most Commonly Cut With & Why? | Delphi

Please will someone who has seen or heard the backstory involving JL's "deceased beta fish in a tumbler"? Odd to hear about this IMHO lol.
^^rsbm
It seems that JL kept a beta fish and was transporting the fish with him to his parents for Christmas break. IMO, he didn't have a roommate or couldn't find anybody staying behind in San Marcos to feed his fish in his absence. I believe the fish was deceased because he dropped the tumbler on the roadway along with his backpack and his clothing when he left his wrecked vehicle on foot.

For anyone who lives in the area and are familiar with Salt Flat Road, what is the average speed one of the oil trucks would drive on that gravel road? I can't imagine anyone stopping to pick up a guy who is nude and hitchhiking along the road in the middle of the night. I could see them immediately calling LE to have them go check it out. Would the oil trucks along that road drive slow enough that he could jump out of the weeds, grab onto metal framework on the back and get a foot hold to ride along down the road and jump off closer toward a populated area? He very well may have succumbed to suspected injuries, albeit much further down the road.

For anyone who lives in the area and are familiar with Salt Flat Road, what is the average speed one of the oil trucks would drive on that gravel road? I can't imagine anyone stopping to pick up a guy who is nude and hitchhiking along the road in the middle of the night. I could see them immediately calling LE to have them go check it out. Would the oil trucks along that road drive slow enough that he could jump out of the weeds, grab onto metal framework on the back and get a foot hold to ride along down the road and jump off closer toward a populated area? He very well may have succumbed to suspected injuries, albeit much further down the road.
I personally don’t think he was in any condition to jump on the back of a moving oil truck, sadly. I think he’s closer by the accident, but just out of the range they searched. I feel like they need to get all the landowners along that whole route to agree to another massive search but with volunteers this time. Waivers must be signed of course. I understand the liability concerns, but this is a situation where I think it’s VERY likely he’s in that area. I just can’t stand how his parents must feel hundreds of miles away knowing where he probably is but not being able to find him. A big volunteer search could cover a lot more ground in a shorter time. MOO

It was Fox news. Nuff said. :rolleyes:
The news report used One (1) word "FILLED".. poor choice of words for sure but nothing else in the report was sensationalized and the news report even gave the source. Mediocre reporting doesn't mean anything more than what it is regardless of who said it. I think it was typed quickly - 90% of the people that read it knew exactly what they meant.

I personally don’t think he was in any condition to jump on the back of a moving oil truck, sadly. I think he’s closer by the accident, but just out of the range they searched. I feel like they need to get all the landowners along that whole route to agree to another massive search but with volunteers this time. Waivers must be signed of course. I understand the liability concerns, but this is a situation where I think it’s VERY likely he’s in that area. I just can’t stand how his parents must feel hundreds of miles away knowing where he probably is but not being able to find him. A big volunteer search could cover a lot more ground in a shorter time. MOO
I completely agree

DPS is very very hesitant to enter into an impounded car that is abandoned. All of this is on body camera and although it defies common sense for every day people, their procedures are the results of thousands and thousands of impoundments. In the 2 minutes it took me to type this, DPS has probably encountered 5 cars across the state in the exact same condition. In the olden days, an officer would ALWAYS do a quick search but nowadays body cam records everything as does dash cam.

The news report used One (1) word "FILLED".. poor choice of words for sure but nothing else in the report was sensationalized and the news report even gave the source. Mediocre reporting doesn't mean anything more than what it is regardless of who said it. I think it was typed quickly - 90% of the people that read it knew exactly what they meant.

I saw on this same site where they said 'sexpert' when they meant 'expert' (different case). After seeing several things like this, all from the same news site, it lead me to believe that it was done on purpose, not accidental. Also, in the comment section a LOT of locals were saying things like this 'consider the source' and 'their credibility dropped to zero for me', etc. They also felt these sorts of things were done to draw people in and weren't truthful.

So... consider the source. Whenever I see a Fox 11 article posted here I don't even bother to read it knowing it'll more than likely contain falsehoods to draw clicks.

Data shows at 11:24 p.m., Jason entered the city of Luling, off of Highway 80, and stopped using the Waze App and began using Snapchat.

Investigators said his digital footprint essentially stopped near Highway 183 and Austin Street. At 12:31 a.m., Landry’s vehicle was found after it was damaged.

That 67-minute window is now what authorities are focused on.
New developments arise in case of missing Texas State University student

Jason Landry search: More details released in ongoing search for Texas State student

Caldwell Co. Sheriff's Office says Jason Landry still missing, asks for tips

E Austin St & N Magnolia Ave
Luling, TX 78648
Google Maps

The Sheriff's Office believes the clothing found in the roadway was what Jason was wearing prior to the accident. They said there is no indication that the clothing was removed under duress or threat.

Jason’s vehicle has been processed for DNA and any blood evidence with the assistance of the Texas Rangers. There was no evidence of blood inside the vehicle.

Investigators have reviewed hundreds of hours of video from cameras in and around Luling, none of which have produced anything of use. They are asking anyone with private surveillance cameras on their property in the Luling area to review the footage as soon as possible.

If you have any information, you can call the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office at (512) 398-6777.
Investigators baffled by disappearance of Texas State student, missing since December

"A volunteer firefighter who found the vehicle did not enter it, nor did a trooper who also responded to the scene. It was towed to an impound yard, where Landry's father came to view it the following morning. He found Landry's cellphone between the driver's seat and the center console. At this time, it is unknown if it fell there during the crash or prior."

[...]

"The clothing that was discovered is believed to be what Landry was wearing prior to the collision. Investigators said there is no indication that it was removed under duress or threat. They also noted that, at the time of his disappearance, the temperature could have been anywhere from 36 to 43 degrees."

Phone data reveals final known moments before disappearance of Texas State student Jason Landry | kvue.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000