TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion of course. I do think he's outside the search area. I think he smoked some weed before he left for his trip home. Laced of course. In the half hour of his drive things started to kick in. He's starting to panic a little. My theory is he keeps driving around for an hour ... Maybe parks somewhere for a bit to get his bearings. Wonders around in his car for a hour. He is now on the road of where the crash happens. At this point...whatever his weed was laced with he is freaking out. The crash its self puts him in an altered state of mind...which he already is, but made it worse. After the accident he leaves. His adrenaline is crazy , and this is how he gets farther away that expected, even while hes naked. Then he succumbs to the cold. Only my thoughts and opinions

Just my opinion of course. I do think he's outside the search area. I think he smoked some weed before he left for his trip home. Laced of course. In the half hour of his drive things started to kick in. He's starting to panic a little. My theory is he keeps driving around for an hour ... Maybe parks somewhere for a bit to get his bearings. Wonders around in his car for a hour. He is now on the road of where the crash happens. At this point...whatever his weed was laced with he is freaking out. The crash its self puts him in an altered state of mind...which he already is, but made it worse. After the accident he leaves. His adrenaline is crazy , and this is how he gets farther away that expected, even while hes naked. Then he succumbs to the cold. Only my thoughts and opinions
All the timing works with this theory. Whether he drove around for an hour or accidentally ended up on on SF Rd. and crashed right away—it works either way. And to me with this theory, everything is explained. Except exactly where he is of course.

In terms of comparison to other cases, I wonder if there is any potential that Jason was intending to leave and not inform his family on purpose.

Maybe he was going to meet with someone on SFR and then the accident occurred, but he continued his plan to depart with whoever he was meeting....

Maybe a Catherine Grove scenario?

This seems unlikely but perhaps possible....
I’ve thought of this also, that this was staged, but why bring all the stuff and then leave it? And why strip off all clothes? It seems unnecessary. And leaving the weed is almost the weirdest thing in this scenario. Maybe he would leave the phone and laptop and toiletries to make it appear he truly wrecked and was injured and disappeared (but I still think it would be more likely he’d keep the devices and change the SIM card or whatever) and maybe leave the fish for them to find and someone would take it, but why take the weed and leave it behind? That just wouldn’t make sense. I wish he left voluntarily, but I just don’t think that’s what happened.

That the murderer thought he had to kill two aliens who were chasing him might indicate he had some mental health issues.

I don't know how dangerous that area is, but just the fact that it was so isolated, dark and cold may have contributed to Jason's disappearance. He may have wandered a long way before LE arrived at the scene.

Imo
I believe the court acknowledged the suspect's history of mental health issues when they established his bail for double, capital murder at only $500,000.

Nonetheless, I agree with OP that any known criminal activity in the area where JL disappeared could be relevant and should be considered.

Last edited:
It's almost impossible to hit a person with a car and not leave evidence (blood, parts of their car, skid marks, etc.). I think it's highly unlikely.
If they used a bullbar may not be too many traces and when a very large pick up truck drives straight over the scene within hours there would have been less evidence.

All the timing works with this theory. Whether he drove around for an hour or accidentally ended up on on SF Rd. and crashed right away—it works either way. And to me with this theory, everything is explained. Except exactly where he is of course.

Occam's razor keeps taking me back to:

JL heading home for Christmas break, arriving in Luling as planned, but instead of taking his turn to the HI-10 interchange, leading him directly to the Houston area, JL did not take the turn. Instead, he remained in Luling.

Did Jason take the Snapchat, and drive a short distance through the intersection, possibly to the cemetery on SFR where he could finish the Chat, and have a smoke in seclusion (i.e., weed illegal in TX)?

I think it more likely that JL was at the height of any effects of laced weed when he crashed, abandoned his vehicle, and stripped naked heading down the road. (Meaning, JL probably didn't partake in any bad stuff before leaving home).

I've always believed that JL has an unexpected reaction to a substance known or unknown to him. If JL was in an altered state leaving the cemetery, it could also explain why he mistakenly drove the wrong direction -- instead of heading back towards the intersection and H-10 interchange, JL drove further east on SFR where he eventually crashed.

MOO

That the murderer thought he had to kill two aliens who were chasing him might indicate he had some mental health issues.

I don't know how dangerous that area is, but just the fact that it was so isolated, dark and cold may have contributed to Jason's disappearance. He may have wandered a long way before LE arrived at the scene.

Imo

Thats also something someone on strung out on meth would say....

I have been leaning this way also.
It would make sense as to "how the accident happened"
It would make sense to the "67" minutes.
It would make sense to him removing his clothes.
It would make sense to why they did not find him where they searched already.

This is a such a difficult situation for his family.

Locating Jason would end the pain of not knowing.

If he suddenly came home, they would be joyous.

If he is found deceased, the uncertainty would end, but would bring in the new pain of final loss.

Not knowing allows for some hope that he may have left voluntarily and wanted a new start to his life.

A tragic dilemma.
A place no parent wants to be.

jmo

I believe the court acknowledged the suspect's history of mental health issues when they established his bail for double, capital murder at only $500,000.

Nonetheless, I agree with OP that any known criminal activity in the area where JL disappeared could be relevant and should be considered.
Yes, of course, foul play should not be ruled out. I would hope that LE are investigating all angles. They might not learn more until they find Jason.

I have been leaning this way also.
It would make sense as to "how the accident happened"
It would make sense to the "67" minutes.
It would make sense to him removing his clothes.
It would make sense to why they did not find him where they searched already.

I've been also leaning pretty hard this way. And I think this because if it indeed was a head injury I really do think he would have succumbed to his injury and more than likely hypothermia within the search parameters.
Now, if he smoked weed laced, say maybe laced with PCP, he could have ran and ran and blazed through property and woods and probably alot of obstacles we would never ever even consider doing sober.
I just pray, if this is the case and he is deceased, that he had some sort of peace and comfort before doing so. This story is too much to fully grasp and it is gut wrenching. Again, prayers for JL and his family and friends

Did any of the first persons on the scene think to put their hand on the engine block to see if it was hot or warm or cold to the touch? If it was so cold that he succumbed to hypothermia as speculated then the temperature of the engine block would certainly narrow the timeline.

I seem to recall KL mentioning that the firefighter checked the temperature of the car/hood that way. I think it was during the NG interview <moo> ...

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

Last edited:
I suspect with his backpack since JL's dad acknowledged that he kept the phone charged, watching it constantly until CCSO collected it for evidence. MOO
I don’t think his dad would need Jason’s charger to do that. But I don’t see a charger in the car here. Photo from the auction link shared up thread.

upload_2021-2-10_20-16-48.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member