GUILTY TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed in drive-by shooting, Houston, Dec 2018 *ARREST*

I do think it's reasonable that the red truck may have been swerving to get the hell out of there at the same time as the shots. Which would have certainly also looked suspicious to the victims and witnesses. So if they heard shots at the same time of the red trucks erratic movements it would only add to them thinking he was the shooter. When in reality he may not have known where the shots were coming from either!

I just keep thinking of other ways that the red truck not being the shooter suddenly makes MORE sense to me. I couldn't figure out how anyone would see the vehicle while they were being shot at or why the vehicle would still be there after the shooting. You are correct though. I have no interest in further trying to explain why I think it's totally understandable that the description and story was the way it was.

So far everyone I am following has remained invested regardless of who the killer is. I don't care who the killer was I just want them caught and punished. That's my only priority. I'm glad that there was not a name associated with the initial incorrect suspect. However I don't hold it against anyone for believing he was the suspect. It is totally understandable in the situation they were all in.
Do you have a link to a news source saying two truck drivers saw the red pickup?

I do think it's reasonable that the red truck may have been swerving to get the hell out of there at the same time as the shots. Which would have certainly also looked suspicious to the victims and witnesses. So if they heard shots at the same time of the red trucks erratic movements it would only add to them thinking he was the shooter. When in reality he may not have known where the shots were coming from either!

I just keep thinking of other ways that the red truck not being the shooter suddenly makes MORE sense to me. I couldn't figure out how anyone would see the vehicle while they were being shot at or why the vehicle would still be there after the shooting. You are correct though. I have no interest in further trying to explain why I think it's totally understandable that the description and story was the way it was.

So far everyone I am following has remained invested regardless of who the killer is. I don't care who the killer was I just want them caught and punished. That's my only priority. I'm glad that there was not a name associated with the initial incorrect suspect. However I don't hold it against anyone for believing he was the suspect. It is totally understandable in the situation they were all in.
Agree. My only thing is that the mother had to have known that the multiple shots were not coming from a red truck.

Now under gunfire. We all can be confused. But people are just mad because not none of them mentioned a suv that was also in the frey. Jmo

Also. Who can have that description of a white driver in a red pickup while not noticing the actual black drivers in another vehicle around the actual murder?

Agree. My only thing is that the mother had to have known that the multiple shots were not coming from a red truck.

Now under gunfire. We all can be confused. But people are just mad because not none of them mentioned a suv that was also in the frey. Jmo

Also. Who can have that description of a white driver in a red pickup while not noticing the actual black drivers in another vehicle around the actual murder?

Someone who saw the red truck shortly after the shooting.
Someone who followed the red truck thinking they were the shooter.
Doesn't have to be someone who was in the victims car at all.

I’m trying to get a factual understanding of the family’s description of the incident:

The red truck pulled up to the passenger side and daughter made eye contact.

The red truck then dropped back behind them and came up beside the driver’s side of the family’s car at which time the shooting began.

The red truck then got in front of their car and shooting continued.

*I don’t know where the red truck went after he was in front of them.
( I was trying to figure out how he was shooting and driving while in front of them - and wonder how fast the car was moving)
Not important now since he wasn’t the shooter.

So the actual shooter would have been behind them, shooting into the rear windshield since the red truck was on the driver’s side when the shooting began.

I’m trying to get a factual understanding of the family’s description of the incident:

The red truck pulled up to the passenger side and daughter made eye contact.

The red truck then dropped back behind them and came up beside the driver’s side of the family’s car at which time the shooting began.

The red truck then got in front of their car and shooting continued.

*I don’t know where the red truck went after he was in front of them.
( I was trying to figure out how he was shooting and driving while in front of them - and wonder how fast the car was moving)
Not important now since he wasn’t the shooter.

So the actual shooter would have been behind them, shooting into the rear windshield since the red truck was on the driver’s side when the shooting began.
I don't believe the red truck was involved at all. Eric Black has stated that he thought the car matched a car they had a previous interaction with. They purposely shot at that car thinking it was someone they knew. They only learned of Jazmine's death via the news.

Jazmine Barnes shooting: A missed turn signal leads to the arrest of a suspect - CNN

If you completely take out the story of the red pickup it all adds together now with this arrest.

Very well said and very eloquently said. And yes, you are talking about all of us. This, "all of us", however, should be balanced with:

For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required," Luke 12:48

When applied to this situation, I believe that this scripture quote means that professional journalists, have an extra obligation in regards to ethics. I think it is good to contrast between the ethics of CNN with the ethics of the Web Sleuths staff:

CNN ethics "ethics": Broadcast unsupported speculation about a racist motive in a very inflammatory case. Mute information that their original broadcasts were in accurate in regards to the race of the murderer and motives in a follow on story. Imply that the fault of any discrepancy is with the police.

Web Sleuth ethics (Jayme Closs double homicide / kidnapping): No- on this forum, you cannot post un-supported speculation about racist motives. In particular, you cannot speculate that the attack was committed by Islamic fundamentalists targeting whites and/or Christians females. You also can not make un-suppported speculations that the attack was performed hispanics / MS-13.

My guess is that CNN has been given much more than Websleuths staff. But, who displays higher ethics?

I would absolutely love to see more media accountability across the board. Speculation and fanning the flames, it's absolutely shameful. It's what I meant when I referred to the press overrunning a community with their sensationalism. If it bleeds, it leads. It's shameful.

Walter Cronkite was well before my time but how sad that objective, responsible journalism is fading into the past, with some exceptions.

the discussion you are replying to is about CNN purposefully hiding information about this case - is it your contention that they are hiding this suspects name purposefully? to what end?

or do you just mean to say that they arent perfect? because i certainly wouldnt argue that point. but it is a fact that they have a good record among major media outlets for issuing corrections when they get things wrong.
I respect your opinion. I see CNN differently.

Race now deemed not a factor after arrest in the killing of a 7-year-old Houston girl

On Sunday, the sheriff said the original suspect turned out to be an innocent driver fleeing the gunfire.

The sheriff — who never called the shooting race-related — said the traumatized family’s description of the suspect had been “sincere.”

One of the first suggestions that race was not the motive came last week, when King and Merritt received tips about the African American suspects and forwarded them to investigators.

But he said investigators concluded that the red truck had merely passed by Jazmine’s family car just before the shooting.

We know now the red truck was not involved in the shooting. But it was there.

I’m trying to visualize the placement of the shooters vehicle since the red truck was blocking the driver’s side when the shooting began.

More details on the shooting. I don’t know what to think.

Suspect in Jazmine Barnes' murder targeted wrong vehicle, according to info read in court

Suspect in Jazmine Barnes' murder shot at wrong vehicle, according to info read in court

(Via KHOU 11)

Additionally from the above link:

“Black allegedly told investigators his passenger, identified in court as Larry W, was the one who shot at Barnes and her family.

During a press conference Sunday afternoon, Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said he is fairly certain two individuals were involved in Barnes' murder but a second person has not been charged just yet. He said that they are still trying to verify information on this person.

During court, it was learned that Black and Larry W. mistakenly targeted the wrong vehicle. They did not realize they had the wrong vehicle until they saw it on the news later in the day.“

the article that pointed out the difference in race is still up on CNN's website. there is no media conspiracy here...

Jazmine Barnes shooting: Police arrest a suspect in a possible case of mistaken identity. - CNN

they are reporting what they are told, it isnt an opinion piece;

"Before the arrest, police had released a sketch of the suspect compiled from descriptions from Jazmine's mother and three sisters. Authorities said the sketch depicted a white man in his 40s.
But Black, the man facing a charge of capital murder, is 20 years old and black.
S. Lee Merritt, an attorney advising the Barnes family, said the arrest "was welcome news to the family."
"At the same time, it was a major shock to the family," Merritt told CNN on Sunday morning. "Up until this point, at least four independent witnesses and a composite sketch had identified the primary suspect as a 40-something-year-old white male."
While it may be difficult to understand the discrepancy, "it is imaginable that witnesses confused a fleeing bystander for the actual shooter," Merritt tweeted."

Key sentence imo:

“While it may be difficult to understand the discrepancy, "it is imaginable that witnesses confused a fleeing bystander for the actual shooter," Merritt tweeted."“

I'm sure this will all be in MSM shortly but just so nothing gets twisted, here it is straight from the source. As was said in the presser, the tip went to Shaun who took it to LE.

How the red truck became the suspect vehicle:

Shaun King

How the suspects were identified:

Shaun King
I find it remarkable that those people can see details in a truck in the dark while speeding away. I don't believe the activist.

We know now the red truck was not involved in the shooting. But it was there.

I’m trying to visualize the placement of the shooters vehicle since the red truck was blocking the driver’s side when the shooting began.
I wonder how close the shooters would need to be to the car of the victim.
The victims were stationary at a red light.
Could they (shooters) have been on a side street or coming out of a business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back