TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perps often move cars in order to misdirect the investigation. Suppose the car was at the perp's house; moving it would be far less risky than leaving it where it was.
-
I've been following another case where the perp abducted the victim, an acquaintance who had rejected his advances, by pretending that his car was broken down and asking for a ride home. It's believed that he murdered her inside his house, but he moved her vehicle to her apartment complex in order to mislead LE.
-
Many people have followed the Jennifer Kesse case; they have the perp on video parking her car in a random location.
-
There have been many similar cases; perps move cars all the time.
-
Maybe these girls were approached by someone whom one of them knew slightly, like the tooth collector, and he asked them for a ride home. He would have waited until he was inside the vehicle to take control, so no one would have witnessed anything that seemed amiss.
-
If this was a stranger abduction, and—suspending my previous thoughts on the letter for a moment—if that stranger wrote the letter, then that would be a perp who got off on messing with LE and the families. (DeBardeleben does strike me as the type who might do that.) Such a perp might have approached LE or family members at the mall that night, asking what was going in or offering to help with the search.

Sorry, late night posting.

I meant why move it to the mall. There are a jillion other places that would’ve, IMO, been easier to ditch a car. Moving it to a mall on December 23 seems like it would be far down the list of good places to ditch a car. You add then the letter, it seems like a lot of work if it was a crime of impulse. Putting myself in the shoes of some one in south Fort Worth who needed to get a car away from where a crime occurred, SS would be far down on the list of “good” options.

I meant why move it to the mall. There are a jillion other places that would’ve, IMO, been easier to ditch a car. Moving it to a mall on December 23 seems like it would be far down the list of good places to ditch a car. You add then the letter, it seems like a lot of work if it was a crime of impulse. Putting myself in the shoes of some one in south Fort Worth who needed to get a car away from where a crime occurred, SS would be far down on the list of “good” options.

But SS was where they were supposed to go, so what better place?

I still am trying to determine if they made a stop before the mall and a 4th person followed them to the mall
or
did they split up at the undisclosed location and the 4th person drove one of them to the mall and met Rachel there ?

Did the girls make an undisclosed stop to borrow money in order to go shopping? Maybe an argument ensued ?
Maybe one of the girls agreed to help out this 4th person and was driven to the mall location in the 4th persons vehicle to meet up with Rachel?

Things I'd like to find out:
WHEN did TT buy a share in CA's shop?
WHERE did he get the money? (Was he of age to get his inheritance? I think not but have no source. Also same with his child's portion. Not much left)
WHO else worked at the shop? WHO were associates near shop on W Division who might have helped a perp?
WHEN did shop go under? Was CA in tax trouble?
WHAT were the T's finances like, especially after the big shop buyout?
WHY might there be friction between the generous newlywed and ailing CA with a failing business?
HOW sick was CA? HOW did chemo affect him? HOW was he handling a terminal diagnosis?

Did Rachel run from a stressed family situation into a situation she couldn't handle?

In looking at their lives from what I can learn I'd investigate these things, to better understand the dynamics of the situation.

I hinted at a few others previously, drugs being one. If this played into whatever happened LE has kept it close, but would undercover operations that got an informant into a pickle be revealed? Maybe silence is telling?

Problems and dissension could be caused regarding children in divorces. No evidence of such except for the vagueness of facts surrounding the whereabouts of the small one.

Mods strike this down if it's too many questions. I am, however, needing to sort this out in my head, and I'm wondering if it can be discussed and facts ferreted out.

I like your suggestion that the girls made an undisclosed stop, witnesses something illegal or got into an argument/fight and this was the beginning of the abduction

At that time the Olds was still a vauable car. Also it could buy time as it and the letter both did an still are with the constant talk about them .

I still am trying to determine if they made a stop before the mall and a 4th person followed them to the mall
or
did they split up at the undisclosed location and the 4th person drove one of them to the mall and met Rachel there ?

Did the girls make an undisclosed stop to borrow money in order to go shopping? Maybe an argument ensued ?
Maybe one of the girls agreed to help out this 4th person and was driven to the mall location in the 4th persons vehicle to meet up with Rachel?

I hope it will be. It's hard to have hope in it though. We've gotten farther this year than any other. But the circus does have to stop. At the same time, if you do that it feels like giving up.

It is not a circus.
People are asking reasonable questions.
In order to investigate this or any other crime of this magnitude, background info is collected on all involved persons.

The members if WS are doing just that. Creating profiles. They are not accusing anyone.

It is not a circus.
People are asking reasonable questions.
In order to investigate this or any other crime of this magnitude, background info is collected on all involved persons.

The members if WS are doing just that. Creating profiles. They are not accusing anyone.
I wasn't referring to the questions asked as the circus.

Again it doesn't pertain to the girls missing.... Nor is it any of your business.
Please explain why you need to know anything that happened with him before 1974 when he met his wife?
The police have stated that the girls likely left the mall with someone that they trusted (although I don't necessarily agree). That someone could be a friend or acquaintance of TT, for instance someone who became obsessed with Rachel, ran into her at the mall, and saw an opportunity. The purpose of this site is to come up with and vet theories of the crime. It will be much easier to do that if we can get a more complete picture of TT and Rachel's lifestyle and circle of acquaintances, and that includes learning about TT's life prior to 1974.
-
I grant you, a smooth-talking stranger could have earned the girls' trust quickly, but if the FWPD investigators are correct, then the perp is likely someone with whom Rachel was on a first-name basis.
-
Personally, I'd like to know whether any other man (from school, from church, from TT's or CA's group of friends, etc.) had expressed interest in Rachel--e.g., tried to flirt with her, pinched her on he butt, made comments about her body--after she and TT got together.

or

I like the stop to borrow money thought. Was the shop producing a good income for TT? Would she borrow money from someone to get TT a gift, maybe shoes she admired? Did this request start a fight? Could she write checks on the shop's account for a surprise for TT and make whoever did the books mad? Who did she see at the mall or is that reference rumor?

This case will never be solved. Too many people out to make sure that never happens.
Seems so, at times. Very guarded information. Cops mum. Makes my mind get caught up in thinking how to explain certain behavioral discrepancies I've possibly observed but might be imagining. Still don't know enough background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member