TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beg to differ. My daughter and I went through this not that long ago

The 24 hour rule is a favorite quote for TV and Movies.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children made it a priority to educate the public and police about this misnomer.
. Memebers of NCMEC went to each state and pushed their agenda that the first 24 hours of MP is critical . Eventually, all State AG made this madatory trainug for LEO and the process became mandatory for all state and local PD.
the immediate acceptance of all reports of MP. Including adults. From any person at any time

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children made it a priority to educate the public and police about this misnomer.
. Memebers of NCMEC went to each state and pushed their agenda that the first 24 hours of MP is critical . Eventually, all State AG made this madatory trainug for LEO and the process became mandatory for all state and local PD.
the immediate acceptance of all reports of MP. Including adults. From any person at any time

I'm telling you THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO WAIT 24 HOURS TO REPORT HER MISSING . That they couldn't do anything until the 24 hrs were up. I live in North Texas and that is what happened
when I called and the officer came to take the report!

The police have stated that the girls likely left the mall with someone that they trusted (although I don't necessarily agree). That someone could be a friend or acquaintance of TT, for instance someone who became obsessed with Rachel, ran into her at the mall, and saw an opportunity. The purpose of this site is to come up with and vet theories of the crime. It will be much easier to do that if we can get a more complete picture of TT and Rachel's lifestyle and circle of acquaintances, and that includes learning about TT's life prior to 1974.
-
I grant you, a smooth-talking stranger could have earned the girls' trust quickly, but if the FWPD investigators are correct, then the perp is likely someone with whom Rachel was on a first-name basis.
-
Personally, I'd like to know whether any other man (from school, from church, from TT's or CA's group of friends, etc.) had expressed interest in Rachel--e.g., tried to flirt with her, pinched her on he butt, made comments about her body--after she and TT got together.
There are some good questions being posted on this thread recently......I have often wondered lately if Renee Wilson might have been the person who knew their taker/takers ?

None..... Richard Wilson is said to have a suspect that is supposedly also LE's main suspect, but I cannot turn up the name of this suspect.. It is out there somewhere.

OK. Can you say if is a male or female ?

Like anything else maybe they're supposed to but not all departments are ran the same lol. Bubba's Dept down in BFE is Bubba's. You're right this ain't tv. Real world is not always like it ought to be. You are either young or used to the big city. No offense intended.

Like anything else maybe they're supposed to but not all departments are ran the same lol. Bubba's Dept down in BFE is Bubba's. You're right this ain't tv. Real world is not always like it ought to be. You are either young or used to the big city. No offense intended.

BUBBA’S Department !!! LOL

THE THRILL Of THE HUNT

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

Anyone else agree ?

Has anyone considered the letter is not actually connected to the girls abducter ?
But something more simple, like a security guard, mall employee, or police patrol man, that just did not want to work the case or answer questions over the holidays. Wrote the letter, mailed it just to keep them from having to be involved with the case at that time.

In my opinion to try to find the girls it would have to start with all families involved, answering questions truthfully, no matter if your embarrassed about something or hiding something that didn’t involve the girls what ever your business was just tell the truth.. Immediate family members would need every movement accounted for that day. Then move to aunts, uncles, cousins, after all family has been checked, move to best friends, close friends, associates, friends of friends, friends of family members etc.
Thourghly investigate the DJ, friends of the DJ, friends of friends of the DJ. If he is real, and not made up. Once this is done you could rule in or out family or friend abduction.

Things I'd like to find out:
WHEN did TT buy a share in CA's shop?
WHERE did he get the money? (Was he of age to get his inheritance? I think not but have no source. Also same with his child's portion. Not much left)
WHO else worked at the shop? WHO were associates near shop on W Division who might have helped a perp?
WHEN did shop go under? Was CA in tax trouble?
WHAT were the T's finances like, especially after the big shop buyout?
WHY might there be friction between the generous newlywed and ailing CA with a failing business?
HOW sick was CA? HOW did chemo affect him? HOW was he handling a terminal diagnosis?

Did Rachel run from a stressed family situation into a situation she couldn't handle?

In looking at their lives from what I can learn I'd investigate these things, to better understand the dynamics of the situation.

I hinted at a few others previously, drugs being one. If this played into whatever happened LE has kept it close, but would undercover operations that got an informant into a pickle be revealed? Maybe silence is telling?

Problems and dissension could be caused regarding children in divorces. No evidence of such except for the vagueness of facts surrounding the whereabouts of the small one.

Mods strike this down if it's too many questions. I am, however, needing to sort this out in my head, and I'm wondering if it can be discussed and facts ferreted out.
All good questions.One more was part of the money deal the ok to marry Rachel?

How about the confusion on the zip code as surely law enforcement knew many letters in that day were postmarked with only a 3 digit zip why has that guessing game of what city was it mailed from been allowed to go on even today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther