TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil Last Seen On Playground At Apartment Complex - San Antonio, Dec 2021 #3

With the possibility that Lena was kidnapped to "complete a set" in regards to children, I am hoping that increased Ramadan mosque attendance may lead to somebody hearing about a family that dropped out of sight mosque / social calendar wise after an unusual "adoption" etc.

To me, Lena's case seems vaguely similar to these unsolved kidnappings: Every Theory About The Harlem Kidnapping Cases From 'Unsolved Mysteries'

Though all children are cute, the missing children were seen as being especially cute / attractive. They also both had the uncommon "pop eyed" physical feature that can be seen as desirable. Lena could also be seen as especially attractive, even when compared to other little girls.

With the NYC children, the police pursued every motive, including a "shopping list for an adoption" type motive. As with Lena, nothing panned out.
"Complete a set"? What?

"Complete a set"? What?
Individual kidnaps a child as they view their current family as being incomplete. Say, mother always wanted a girl but is no longer fertile.

Another possible motive along those lines would be: Childless individual kidnaps a child to create a family.

In the case of the NYC dual kidnappings, the police gave a good amount of credence to the possibility that the kidnappings represented a "shopping list".

They even extensively interviewed a circle of at risk youth types known to hang out at the park (one was seen playing briefly with one of the victims) to see if they had been approached by somebody seeking to obtain certain pre-identified children, or children in general with certain specified physical characteristics.

But.... extensive interviews, re-interviews with cross referencing, and interviews with teachers, ministers, and youth sports coaches did not uncover anything sinister regarding the group- other than that they were known to be "at risk" type youths.

Last edited:
Oh, i got to look into the statistics of that
Here is an extreme example: Texas woman who killed pregnant friend and cut unborn baby from womb, sentenced to death

Extreme examples are thankfully rare. I dont know how common less extreme examples in regards to the totality of child kidnappings. The police in NYC, however, thought the possibility was pretty plausible in regards to the children missing from MLK Towers.

In regards to Lena, some factors that could strengthen such a possible motive (kidnapping to make a family, or to complete a family) include:

- Lena is stand out cute, even when compared to other children.

- Many Afghans are "trans ethnic" in regards to physical appearance. They can pass for European, Lebanese, Persian, Hispanic, other Middle Eastern etc. Thus, Lena could be appealing to a kidnapper from many different background seeking to make or complete a family.

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post and response removed>

Also there is video of Lina from that day. This was clearly an abduction to me. She's there one minute and gone the next. It was someone sneaky. If it was "child knapping", I think there would be more evidence of her interacting with people. But, she's kinda by herself. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the painting format doesn't look....like anyone in particular. It seems super generic, in my opinion.
I have been following true crime cases since 1985, and I don't know of a single case where an age progression actually helped to recover a child. The few children who are found alive are usually more recognizable from photographs than from age progressions.

Age progressions are a complete waste of resources, IMO.

1678026670402.png
Lina's mother said she remembers letting the child go out and play with other children on December 20, 2021 before she disappeared (Image provided by Pamela Allen)
Feb 7 2023

''Someone may have abducted her'

When asked Allen about her speculation as to what may have happened to Lina, she said, "I suspect, and this is just a theory, that someone may have abducted her. That she may have been sold to a family. That someone profited from her abduction. Her father, Riaz, like many other men in his country assisted our forces. I do believe that family was being watched. There was a woman who reported seeing two men with Lina on the day she disappeared. Law enforcement did not follow up with her, according to her responses. It's very strange how this little girl just vanished."

View attachment 407138
Lina's mother said she remembers letting the child go out and play with other children on December 20, 2021 before she disappeared (Image provided by Pamela Allen)
Feb 7 2023

''Someone may have abducted her'

When asked Allen about her speculation as to what may have happened to Lina, she said, "I suspect, and this is just a theory, that someone may have abducted her. That she may have been sold to a family. That someone profited from her abduction. Her father, Riaz, like many other men in his country assisted our forces. I do believe that family was being watched. There was a woman who reported seeing two men with Lina on the day she disappeared. Law enforcement did not follow up with her, according to her responses. It's very strange how this little girl just vanished."
The idea that this wasn't followed up on is more than a little disheartening.

I have been following true crime cases since 1985, and I don't know of a single case where an age progression actually helped to recover a child. The few children who are found alive are usually more recognizable from photographs than from age progressions.

Age progressions are a complete waste of resources, IMO.
I don't know, how could it hurt? Even if it does not look like the person at least it is getting the word out and shows the original pic.
If my child or loved one were missing I would want any or all help in finding them.

I don't know, how could it hurt? Even if it does not look like the person at least it is getting the word out and shows the original pic.
If my child or loved one were missing I would want any or all help in finding them.
It hurts in that it doesn't help and it utilizes resources, and those resources could be used for things that actually do help.

It might actually hurt more directly if the age progression bears little resemblance to a child who is still alive.

Photographs can be used to get the word out.

The bottom line is, in 38 years of following these cases, I've never once seen an age progression help.

It hurts in that it doesn't help and it utilizes resources, and those resources could be used for things that actually do help.

It might actually hurt more directly if the age progression bears little resemblance to a child who is still alive.

Photographs can be used to get the word out.

The bottom line is, in 38 years of following these cases, I've never once seen an age progression help.
If it were my child I would do everything including reading tea leaves to get the word out. I would not care about resources nor accurate age progression.
The point is to get the news out. IMO.
I would do ANYTHING!!!!!

If it were my child I would do everything including reading tea leaves to get the word out. I would not care about resources nor accurate age progression.
The point is to get the news out. IMO.
I would do ANYTHING!!!!!
Yes, a parent would do anything but not law enforcement. When law enforcement spends time and money that is very limited, they have to choose wisely where those resources go. I don't know what the stats are on the impact of age progressions on recoveries but the question on whether they have any impact on finding missing people is a valid question. As a parent you would care about resources when you realize there aren't any available to help find your child because they were wasted elsewhere.

Yes, a parent would do anything but not law enforcement. When law enforcement spends time and money that is very limited, they have to choose wisely where those resources go. I don't know what the stats are on the impact of age progressions on recoveries but the question on whether they have any impact on finding missing people is a valid question. As a parent you would care about resources when you realize there aren't any available to help find your child because they were wasted elsewhere.
I would do anything and want LE to do anything to find my child.

I get your point but I think it's a moot one since there was no time or money spent by LE on the rendering. MOO

When Eagle's Flight SA, a San Antonio non-profit that has been helping in the search for Lina Sardar Khil, asked Fox San Antonio for help finding someone to do an age progression of the girl who was 3 when she disappeared we called Gibson.

Gibson says she will also volunteer her services to sketch any persons of interest eyewitnesses may have seen for any law enforcement agency

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back