TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil Last Seen On Playground At Apartment Complex - San Antonio, Dec 2021 #3

On Lina’s 5th birthday, an age-progression sketch was released by Eagle’s Flight Advocacy and Outreach. It gave her family hope but hasn’t helped authorities find Lina.

“It’s frustrating to see that this family is going through this and experiencing this frustration as they are right now,” said Pamela Allen, CEO of Eagle’s Flight Advocacy and Outreach.
Age progression sketch of Lina Khil unveiled on her 5th birthday

Texas three-year-old Lina Sardar Khil was last seen two years ago today. Her disappearance remains a mystery. @KENS5 Full story: https://bit.ly/3NBGCI6

Lina Sardar Khil was last seen on the afternoon of Dec 20, 2021, at a playground at an apartment complex in San Antonio, TX, wearing a black jacket, a red dress, and black shoes. Help the #FBI find her: https://fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/lina-sardar-khil

DEC 20, 2023
[...]

Now two years later, her missing persons case remains unsolved and later Wednesday morning, there will be an observance in her honor.

[...]

Lack of progress in the case has created frustration for the family. However, the girl’s father has not given up hope on finding Lina alive.

The Afghan community and Eagles flight will observe the second year of her disappearance Wednesday.

It will take place at 11 a.m. at the American Muslim Community Center.

[...]

"Bring her home."Today marks 2 years since Lina Sardar Khil went missing from an apartment complex off Fredericksburg road. Pamela Allen, of Eagles Flight Advocacy and Outreach, continues fighting for answers. @KENS5

Lawang Mangal is family friend and translator for Lina Sardar Khil's family. He expressed frustration about the absence of answers from SAPD and the FBI regarding the investigation into Lina's disappearance. @KENS5

This is one of those situations that truly baffles me. While I know children can literally be snatched in an instant, it seems like beautiful Lina just vanished from the face of the earth. Nothing seen, and almost no time for it to have occurred, but it’s one case where I’ve never thought anything other than stranger abduction.
I was thinking about that and how seldom I ever think that when a child first goes missing. My cynical, hardened heart always thinks family/boyfriends/girlfriends, or wandered off in most cases. But with sweet Lina she’s just gone and I feel 100% someone grabbed her.

All MOO and speculation

This is one of those situations that truly baffles me. While I know children can literally be snatched in an instant, it seems like beautiful Lina just vanished from the face of the earth. Nothing seen, and almost no time for it to have occurred, but it’s one case where I’ve never thought anything other than stranger abduction.
I was thinking about that and how seldom I ever think that when a child first goes missing. My cynical, hardened heart always thinks family/boyfriends/girlfriends, or wandered off in most cases. But with sweet Lina she’s just gone and I feel 100% someone grabbed her.

All MOO and speculation
But who and why?

But who and why?
I wish I knew. It seems so crazily risky for it to be an abduction of opportunity, but I certainly feel it is a stranger abduction. Maybe someone had seen her playing outside previously and just waited for the opportunity, but a stranger lurking around an apartment complex just hoping for a chance seems so ridiculous, too. Wrong place/wrong time? Right place/right time? I pray there will be answers someday. MOO

It's hard to believe it's been 2 years already. Two years of pain for her family, who need answers.

IMO someone evil happened to be close, in or near the parking lot, and quickly took her, the same for Dulce Alavez. And the vital clue for identifying the perp is missing, so far.

I wish I knew. It seems so crazily risky for it to be an abduction of opportunity, but I certainly feel it is a stranger abduction. Maybe someone had seen her playing outside previously and just waited for the opportunity, but a stranger lurking around an apartment complex just hoping for a chance seems so ridiculous, too. Wrong place/wrong time? Right place/right time? I pray there will be answers someday. MOO
I have a theory, based upon the few facts we have been given.

It was maintained that Lina's mother was watching her play with her little group of friends. Mom had to run back quickly to the apartment, but when she returned she stood near where the kids were last seen and watched them running around the apartment complex play areas.

The kids ran thru the doggie park area and then ran thru a corridor where mom lost sight of them, then saw them come through the other side, and then as they were coming back towards her, they were not visible for a short time---AS THEY PASSED THROUGH THE PARKING AREA---- and mom watched the line of kids coming back towards her but she didn't see Lina with them anymore.

I think Lina was possibly walking behind the others, and an opportunity predator, in the parking area, saw his chance---and grabbed Lina as she walked past---it just takes 30 seconds to grab a 3 yr old, get them into the car and drive away, unnoticed. :confused:

DEC 20, 2023
[...]

“There’s a father whose heart longs to be filled with the laughter of his daughter,” Allen said. “This is not a Christian or a Muslim event, this a little girl who’s missing and we have to learn to support one another no matter what our differences are.”

But as another year passes, the pain surrounding Lina’s disappearance only swells as expressed by Lina’s father Riaz, with the translation assistance of family friend Lawang Mangal. Lina’s family is also frustrated about what they call an absence in communication with law enforcement.

“She (Lina’s mother) cannot tolerate any further sadness, she’s uncontrollable right now,” Mangal said. “They are not able to find a small baby. The question was, why are you people not giving me the answer of what is happening.”

In April, Riaz took a polygraph to clear his name so investigators could focus their attention on other potential suspects. Mangal said Riaz passed the lie-detector-test. Riaz said his wife intends to move back to Afghanistan for an undetermined amount of time to see her ailing mother.

[...]

SAPD emailed a statement: “After nearly two years investigating the disappearance of Lina Khil, the San Antonio Police Department remains committed to following-up on and investigating every lead that we receive. That lead detective continue to use all tools available, including working with our partners at the FBI to investigate all leads.”

Those with information that could help police find Lina Sardar Khil are urged to call SAPD at 210-207-7660.

I have a theory, based upon the few facts we have been given.

It was maintained that Lina's mother was watching her play with her little group of friends. Mom had to run back quickly to the apartment, but when she returned she stood near where the kids were last seen and watched them running around the apartment complex play areas.

The kids ran thru the doggie park area and then ran thru a corridor where mom lost sight of them, then saw them come through the other side, and then as they were coming back towards her, they were not visible for a short time---AS THEY PASSED THROUGH THE PARKING AREA---- and mom watched the line of kids coming back towards her but she didn't see Lina with them anymore.

I think Lina was possibly walking behind the others, and an opportunity predator, in the parking area, saw his chance---and grabbed Lina as she walked past---it just takes 30 seconds to grab a 3 yr old, get them into the car and drive away, unnoticed. :confused:
This is how and where I imagine it occurred as well. The part that confounds me the most is if it did happen this way, how did none of the other children see or hear anything? Of course we don’t know how far behind Lina might have been to the other children, etc.

@katydid23 do you think the alleged abductor had been waiting/planning thus, or do you think it was purely a horrible moment of opportunity? MOO

This is how and where I imagine it occurred as well. The part that confounds me the most is if it did happen this way, how did none of the other children see or hear anything?

That part is frustrating. You'd hope they would have seen something. But we don't know how many and how old they were. If they were very young they'd probably be clueless about something like that happening around them.

There might not have been anything to hear--it can happen so fast that a toddler doesn't even have time to react or scream. 3 yr olds are used to adults scooping them up.
Of course we don’t know how far behind Lina might have been to the other children, etc.

True. And it's not like she had a sibling or close friend walking with her in a protective mode.

Kids that age are kind of looking out for themselves until they are older and become protectors for friends and siblings.
@katydid23 do you think the alleged abductor had been waiting/planning thus, or do you think it was purely a horrible moment of opportunity? MOO
IDK. I don't know that complex well enough to know if kids routinely wandered around unsupervised.

I think it is very possible it was just a horrible moment of opportunity. If a predator was in his car, or by his car, and saw
a small group of young kids, without an adult, walking towards him, he may have spontaneously jumped into action. :mad:

That part is frustrating. You'd hope they would have seen something. But we don't know how many and how old they were. If they were very young they'd probably be clueless about something like that happening around them.

There might not have been anything to hear--it can happen so fast that a toddler doesn't even have time to react or scream. 3 yr olds are used to adults scooping them up.

True. And it's not like she had a sibling or close friend walking with her in a protective mode.

Kids that age are kind of looking out for themselves until they are older and become protectors for friends and siblings.

IDK. I don't know that complex well enough to know if kids routinely wandered around unsupervised.

I think it is very possible it was just a horrible moment of opportunity. If a predator was in his car, or by his car, and saw
a small group of young kids, without an adult, walking towards him, he may have spontaneously jumped into action. :mad:
It’s always “felt” to me that it was just that split second of tragic bad luck where some evil manages to be exactly where it needs to be to snatch the innocent. I pray there are answers and justice. MOO

If I remember correctly, the apartment was home to a community of many like immigrant families with working males and stay at home moms with young children where it was a daily routine where the women would gather in the picnic area mid afternoon to visit/socialize while the kids played together.

There was always adult supervision and where a pregnant mother would be comfortable to go back home to pee (or grab a water bottle).

Also, Lina did not on her own cross the car park to the play area that day but was there with the same group of kids from the apartment.

What was different about Lina on this December afternoon was Lina had already been bathed and dressed in holiday dress & jewelry in advance of attending a planned dinner party hosted by a relative. They were only waiting for the dad to get off work and collect mom and Lina for the party.

Lina was a beautiful child and may have especially stood out to a stranger/predator on this date because of her dress and adornments.

More recently, I wondered if Lina innocently stuck close to the sidelines here, protecting her appearance, and not in the thick of the crowd when they started back to the apartment grounds.

I think the perp may have been aware of the routine by the community or could have been a one off stranger in the car park. JMO

If I remember correctly, the apartment was home to a community of many like immigrant families with working males and stay at home moms with young children where it was a daily routine where the women would gather in the picnic area mid afternoon to visit/socialize while the kids played together.

There was always adult supervision and where a pregnant mother would be comfortable to go back home to pee (or grab a water bottle).

Also, Lina did not on her own cross the car park to the play area that day but was there with the same group of kids from the apartment.

What was different about Lina on this December afternoon was Lina had already been bathed and dressed in holiday dress & jewelry in advance of attending a planned dinner party hosted by a relative. They were only waiting for the dad to get off work and collect mom and Lina for the party.

Lina was a beautiful child and may have especially stood out to a stranger/predator on this date because of her dress and adornments.

More recently, I wondered if Lina innocently stuck close to the sidelines here, protecting her appearance, and not in the thick of the crowd when they started back to the apartment grounds.

I think the perp may have been aware of the routine by the community or could have been a one off stranger in the car park. JMO
I wasn't meaning to imply she wasn't being supervised by an adult. As you say, all of the moms were watching the kids. But sometimes kids are unpredictable, and it appears as though there were no adults with that small group at the moment they passed through the parking area.

I wasn't meaning to imply she wasn't being supervised by an adult. As you say, all of the moms were watching the kids. But sometimes kids are unpredictable, and it appears as though there were no adults with that small group at the moment they passed through the parking area.

@katydid23 -- I did not read anything in your post I thought implied Lina or the children were unsupervised. I just recall the horrific things said about the suffering mother when Lina first reported missing and didn't want my post taken out of context that the kids were probably unsupervised when they went outside the gate because they lacked supervision. I believe Lina was gone before she could be noticed missing. Unsupervised play group best describes the mostly white, non-immigrant complex in West Seattle where my seamstress resides! MOO

Lina's parents have been asking for a meeting with Chief William McManus for months. On this anniversary they are asking for a new investigator on their daughter's case. They also want the FBI to meet with them and give them an update on their child.

"I remember Lina every day. She comes to my mind, in my heart. She's my heart. I will never forget her. She will be always in my heart," said Riaz.

The father and mother recently were shown sketches of two men an eyewitness claimed to have seen with Lina. One was African and the other was Afghan. Riaz says he doesn't know the African man and that the Afghan man had nothing to do with his daughter's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back