TX TX - Lisa Stone, 51, Dallas, 4 June 2010

The girlfriend comes across as a sociopath. I think she did it. I think she was after Lisa's money, the 300K inheritance, and when that was gone she was done with her.

Kudos to her friends for searching for the truth.

Yep, she was very defensive. Did she explain why she threw Lisa's personal belongings in that dumpster?

And if Lisa is not missing, then where is she, Sherri?

Wow, what a liar Sherri is. I'm glad that LE is publicly calling her their only POI. IMO, given her criminal past, Sherri took and hid away Lisa's money over the years.

I felt 48 Hours did a good job of presenting the information.
And I think Sherri only showed to everyone her true colors.
Her choice of defense is to deny everything, deny it happened, deny she threw away Lisa's clothing, deny throwing Lisa's personal papers in the 7-11 dumpster,
She chose not to answer at all the question of was she seeing someone else while with Lisa.

From what I understood, the $300,00 inheritance was gone. Lisa felt she was broke.
But, Sherri was said to have written checks for herself out of that money.
And the thing I did not know was that
Sherri forged a check on Lisa's father's bank account.

It seemed to me that Lisa feels that a open eyed stare into the interviewer's eyes is the best indication of honesty.
(ot: it reminded me of my son years ago when he lied, he did the look of peering straight into my eyes. i always knew when he lied)

Thank goodness for Lisa's true friends, friends from high school.
They raised the money for the billboard, they asked questions, they went to the police also.
Lisa, where ever she is, must be proud of to be a part of that friendship circle.

I haven't read the forum discussion but will go back and read in a moment. I just wanted to say I watched 48 Hours last night and just read the CBS article and the comments - I always find the comments as fascinating as the article.

Like liltexans I'm local but was not aware about Lisa. I am now though! THANKYOU!

I found the below snip the most interesting. IMO, Sherri is really saying, I've watched enough crime shows that I'm confident I did a good job cleaning up the blood spatter. IMO, JMO, MOO.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011...60577_page4.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

"There are ways to find out if anything is being covered up, OK," Sherri tells Maher.
"I've watched enough crime scene shows to understand what goes on when you're
looking for evidence...I guarantee you if they had found blood spatter in that home
my butt would be in jail right now."

I found the below snip the most interesting. IMO, Sherri is really saying, I've watched enough crime shows that I'm confident I did a good job cleaning up the blood spatter. IMO, JMO, MOO.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011...60577_page4.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

"There are ways to find out if anything is being covered up, OK," Sherri tells Maher.
"I've watched enough crime scene shows to understand what goes on when you're
looking for evidence...I guarantee you if they had found blood spatter in that home
my butt would be in jail right now."

SuziQ:

You are so right!

I have read about Lisa's disappearance almost from the beginning of the case.
Sherri is quite a piece of work, isn't she. An answer for everything.

What I found most odd, Sherri's account of why she was covered in mud and seen running by the creek in Lisa's back yard. She said she had been hounded by Lisa's friends asking about where Lisa was. She (Sherri) was on her way home (to Lisa's house that is) and saw the blinds opened by someone inside the house, she was terrified so she ran to the creek. I would think, if she saw someone inside Lisa's house, didn't she wonder, perhaps it might be Lisa, home at last??

It didn't register to her that is may be Lisa home inside "her" own property ~ that's because she KNEW it couldn't be Lisa because Lisa was dead.

I wonder if Sherri ever heard the expression, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

Watching it last night, I couldn't believe all of the lies that Sherry was spinning. It was clear who was lying even though she kept saying that everyone else was lying and this event and that event didn't happen. She was blinking constantly and her face and posture were more defensive than almost anyone I have ever seen!!

Watching it last night, I couldn't believe all of the lies that Sherry was spinning. It was clear who was lying even though she kept saying that everyone else was lying and this event and that event didn't happen. She was blinking constantly and her face and posture were more defensive than almost anyone I have ever seen!!

She gave me the chills. She really did. The way she dared the news reporter to
ask her any more questions. The way she denied the obvious. " I NEVER threw any of her belongings away." Then how did the friends get her Birth Certificate and personal effects? And a couple of times she said " Until you have proof..."
Made my skin crawl.

It is so disheartening that she can still be free and living in that home. It really takes a lot to arrest somebody. I am afraid she hid the body and the evidence really really well. RIP

My husband and I talked about the show after it aired. He thought the surviving partner did a good job of fielding questions. I thought, "Too good. And that's exactly what makes her sound guilty." I'm not usually one to judge how survivors grieve or how they "should" behave; but I can't imagine spending 15 years with someone and then just shrugging when they go missing.

She gave me the chills. She really did. The way she dared the news reporter to
ask her any more questions. The way she denied the obvious. " I NEVER threw any of her belongings away." Then how did the friends get her Birth Certificate and personal effects? And a couple of times she said " Until you have proof..."
Made my skin crawl.

It is so disheartening that she can still be free and living in that home. It really takes a lot to arrest somebody. I am afraid she hid the body and the evidence really really well. RIP

I'm not really up on this case so maybe you mean a different home. But I thought it was clear when they did the tour that the partner no longer lives in the missing woman's home. No?

I have read about Lisa's disappearance almost from the beginning of the case.
Sherri is quite a piece of work, isn't she. An answer for everything.

What I found most odd, Sherri's account of why she was covered in mud and seen running by the creek in Lisa's back yard. She said she had been hounded by Lisa's friends asking about where Lisa was. She (Sherri) was on her way home (to Lisa's house that is) and saw the blinds opened by someone inside the house, she was terrified so she ran to the creek. I would think, if she saw someone inside Lisa's house, didn't she wonder, perhaps it might be Lisa, home at last??

It didn't register to her that is may be Lisa home inside "her" own property ~ that's because she KNEW it couldn't be Lisa because Lisa was dead.

I wonder if Sherri ever heard the expression, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

Great point! Now why didn't I think of that?

What's interesting is the bathroom they described as "very clean" compared with the rest of the house was still pretty gross looking.

But I digress...the gf seems dirty in this. She also stopped just short of admitting she was having an affair on Lisa.

I agree that the mud/creek story sounds like complete BS and if she was rightfully living in that home AND she was on the up and up, she'd call the police upon finding someone peeking at her through the blinds, right?

Why could she not give a date that she last saw Lisa??????? 15 years together and you don't get a hoot now? Really?

I hate how she started victim blaming and saying that Lisa had a cocaine problem. Stating she left of her own will (even though she can't give a date!!) - yet she left her purse.

Talk about stone cold. Not a single human emotion in her.

I'm sorry to say I am not familiar with Lisa's case even though it's practically local for me (well, just up Hwy 35 anyway). Going to read through this whole thread and I will definitely watch the 48 Hours show on Saturday. Thanks for posting the link, Walker!

I'm the same! I'm just down I-35 and hadn't heard of this case until I saw the 48 Hours this past weekend.

Wow, it's been almost a year...please let her be found soon! And what WONDERFUL friends she has to be relentlessly working her case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back