Found Deceased TX - Marisela Botello, 23, visiting Dallas from Seattle, 5 Oct 2020 *arrest*

Join this group if you have Facebook…

Recent name change due to support for JUSTICE & Marano’s charges being downgraded!!!

I have not found any MSM articles mentioning the downgrade in charges for Marano & the FB page has a 1/24/23 hearing for all of them.
That is not what the court site says - plus there are no other motions after 1/18/23 of any downgrade.

Are you finding any articles about this?

I have not found any MSM articles mentioning the downgrade in charges for Marano & the FB page has a 1/24/23 hearing for all of them.
That is not what the court site says - plus there are no other motions after 1/18/23 of any downgrade.

Are you finding any articles about this?
Let me look…

I shall combine them together after this post.

Monday, January 23rd:
*Trial set to begin (@ 8am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX) - *Lisa Jo Ahmed Dykes (57/now 59) (aka Lisa Beltran & Lisa Ahmed) arrest warrant out (3/25/21) & arrested (in Orange County, FL on 3/27/21), charged (3/27/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. Released (5/4/21) on bond & must wear ankle monitor. On 12/27/21 Bond held insufficient & bond not allowed. Warrant out for arrest; cut off ankle bracelet & has fled. Extradited back in Texas on 5/24/22. Bond set at $4M.
Trial set to begin on 1/23/23.
Case & Court info from 3/24/21 to 1/6/23 reference post #577 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-29

1/18/23 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 1/20/23. 1/17/23: Motion to Dismiss for Failure to Provide Speedy Trial filed. 1/18/23: Motion in Limine to prohibit prosecutor and/or Court from advising venire the State has equal right to a "Fair Trial" filed. Defendant's request for Notice of Extraneous Offenses filed. Defendant’s Motion for extraneous offenses.
1/20/23 Update: Next trial set to begin on 1/23/23.

ALSO:

*Trial set to begin (@ 8am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX) – *Nina Tamara Marano (49/now 51) (aka Nina Tamara Oliver & Nina Beltran) arrested (in Miami, FL on 3/25/21), charged (3/25/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. (Was in Miami-Dade County jail-Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center & transferred to Dallas County jail on 4/9/21). Bonded out (4/29/21) & must wear ankle monitor. On 12/27/21 bond held insufficient & bond not allowed. Warrant out for arrest; cut off ankle bracelet & has fled. Extradited back to Texas on 5/24/22. Bond set at $4M.
Trial set to begin on 1/23/23.
Case & Court info from 3/24/21 to 1/6/23 reference post #577 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-29

1/18/23 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 1/20/23. 1/17/23: Marano's Motion to Dismiss for Failure to Provide Speedy Trial. 1/18/23: Motion in Limine to prohibit prosecutor and/or Court from advising venire the State has equal right to a "Fair Trial".
1/20/23 Update: Next trial set to begin on 1/23/23.
*Charles Antony Beltrán (31/now 33) – Trial announcement hearing on 3/22/23. Trial set to begin on 3/27/23.

Jury selection is set to begin Monday for Nina Marano’s trial.

Wonder what happened with Lisa Dykes? you may ask?

State's motion to sever cases:

and a Motion for Continuance-granted for Dykes:

I do not see any new motions filed since the last one on 1/18/23. So going with trial starting today! Also looked up Dykes - nothing there either. :)
So, I answered you but it got deleted bc it can’t be pics without details….
I listened today for hours!! No charges were lowered for Nina AND I think the state presented solid documented evidence. The judge dismissed the jury panel and reset the case for Jan 30th the state entered 399 pieces of evidence & I think the state is still waiting on mitochondrial info on the hair they recovered in the Audi Trunk!!! I saw Nina crossing her arms (defiance) many times!
Charges were NOT reduced after today I don’t think charges will be reduced either. Ya never know but my 2 cents after watching the livestream for 7 hours!!!

So, I answered you but it got deleted bc it can’t be pics without details….
I listened today for hours!! No charges were lowered for Nina AND I think the state presented solid documented evidence. The judge dismissed the jury panel and reset the case for Jan 30th the state entered 399 pieces of evidence & I think the state is still waiting on mitochondrial info on the hair they recovered in the Audi Trunk!!! I saw Nina crossing her arms (defiance) many times!
Charges were NOT reduced after today I don’t think charges will be reduced either. Ya never know but my 2 cents after watching the livestream for 7 hours!!!

I take it no jury was selected yet? And thanks for the next date as the court site still just has yesterday's date.

I did find this for Marano -
Motion to list State's witnesses:

Nothing new on Dykes though.

JAN 24, 2023
[...]

Nina Marano is one of three people charged in this case and her trial was supposed to begin Monday.

But the trial was delayed after it was discovered Dallas Police detectives had not turned over all the evidence in the case.

Prosecutors said they received a thumb drive over the weekend from the lead detective with more than 300 pictures, audio recordings and body camera video they had never seen.

[...]

Prosecutors said in court they repeatedly asked Dallas Police for the evidence – including body camera footage of searches and interviews with witnesses. Prosecutors say they are still missing a video from the search of a home, and were told the lead detective would bring the video to them Monday morning, but they say they never received it.

Botello’s family says they don’t like the delay but are willing to wait if it means a stronger case.

“It doesn’t matter how long we have to wait or how many times we have to come here, what we want is justice,” said EV, Botello’s mother.

[...]

Meanwhile, Givens has reset the trial for March.

CB's instagram linked in the media discussion thread had posts from Sept 2022 - I don't currently have the time to fill myself in on whether or not he was in prison at that point, could someone tell me? I could've sworn he was, so I am really confused

JAN 24, 2023
[...]

Nina Marano is one of three people charged in this case and her trial was supposed to begin Monday.

But the trial was delayed after it was discovered Dallas Police detectives had not turned over all the evidence in the case.

Prosecutors said they received a thumb drive over the weekend from the lead detective with more than 300 pictures, audio recordings and body camera video they had never seen.

[...]

Prosecutors said in court they repeatedly asked Dallas Police for the evidence – including body camera footage of searches and interviews with witnesses. Prosecutors say they are still missing a video from the search of a home, and were told the lead detective would bring the video to them Monday morning, but they say they never received it.

Botello’s family says they don’t like the delay but are willing to wait if it means a stronger case.

“It doesn’t matter how long we have to wait or how many times we have to come here, what we want is justice,” said EV, Botello’s mother.

[...]

Meanwhile, Givens has reset the trial for March.

I can not access the article that was linked. I see they reset the trial to March. Is that Marano AND Dykes? And does it give a date in March?
I do have Beltran's trial starting on 3/27/23.
TIA! :)

Docket updates:

Dykes:

B060
SET FOR DATE 013023 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE HEAR PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS DISCOVERY_____________
STATES RECOMMENDATION __________________ KIOSK ___ REC NO 01 _

link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=02

Marano:

B060

link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=02

Beltran:

B060

B060
SET FOR DATE 032223 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE HEAR PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS TRIALANNO_____________

B060
SET FOR DATE 032723 SET FOR TIME 0800 SET TYPE TRIL PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS ______________________

link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=04

CB's instagram linked in the media discussion thread had posts from Sept 2022 - I don't currently have the time to fill myself in on whether or not he was in prison at that point, could someone tell me? I could've sworn he was, so I am really confused
None of the three have been tried yet, so not in prison, but all are in jail awaiting trial. See arrest dates below. I'm also linking the media thread which is a quick way to get caught up. In this case, just a two-page read. :)

On March 24, 2021, Marano was arrested in Miami, Florida.

On March 26, 2021, Dykes was arrested in Orlando, Florida

On April 2, 2021, a third suspect, Charles Beltran was arrested in West Jordan, Florida.

I can not access the article that was linked. I see they reset the trial to March. Is that Marano AND Dykes? And does it give a date in March?
I do have Beltran's trial starting on 3/27/23.
TIA! :)
They're referring to Marano's trial and don't give a specific date in March. Dyke's trial may also be in March but it doesn't really say. MOO

This is the NEW story About Lisa Dykes & some serious Info to update you!!

TUNE IN TONIGHT @7pm
Follow IckedMel on YouTube for more info… also go on and listen to All his Videos Regarding the Marisela Story from almost Day 1!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back