TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe according to the LE account, the door to the apartment was only opened once after MW left, so it seems that she and her assailant entered the unit about 8:36 and she was found dead by the apartment owner, CC, at approximately 10:00 pm.

The report also states that CS states he did not enter the apartment upon returning, but check to see MW got the door open.

So, to me, that would place the assailant at the apartment before or as MW returned, and not attacking her at the door in view of CS.

Or CS's story is off.
So the door alerted her friend whenever it was opened, or did it alert only when it was …unlocked…I think thats where Im confused. In other words, is it the lock that alerts or just the opening, shutting of the door?

Because if its the lock, once she opened that door, if it was left unlocked… there is no way of knowing if CS went in, left, and then KA went in an unlocked door later.

Im not familiar with this app for the lock, so maybe Im looking at this backwards.

Who knows, this may be a nothing burger, but a search of the property records in Austin appears to show that KA may have interest in other properties in the Austin area (or tried to acquire interest in them). (This link can be used to search the property records Welcome - Travis County Clerk Web Access ). I wonder if LE has looked at those properties. Curious thing is both of the properties show the lending is FHA lending. With numerous articles indicating a belief that KS remains int he Austin area, I am wondering if these properties have been visited by LE.

Upon reading, you can't just buy a silencer in a shop as you would a handgun and ammo.

There is a substantial application process that as I read takes some time.

Even in gun-happy Texas

If it was done legally, it would be on ATF records and LE would know. Illegally? I don't know.

I have friends and family that own multiple firearms, of different types (not in Texas), and NONE of them feel the need for a silencer.

I have a custom gun/machine shop just up the road here in SC that is basically in a guy’s backyard and they can fabricate any gun related part. I’m sure TX has similar places and who says they are all honest? I’ve also heard of people using all sorts of things to muffle gunshots, like pillows and such. I’d be surprised if she gathered a real silencer on the illegal market in a couple of weeks. But this stuff isn’t hard to get in the south.

So the door alerted her friend whenever it was opened, or did it alert only when it was …unlocked…I think thats where Im confused. In other words, is it the lock that alerts or just the opening, shutting of the door?

Because if its the lock, once she opened that door, if it was left unlocked… there is no way of knowing if CS went in, left, and then KA went in an unlocked door later.

Im not familiar with this app for the lock, so maybe Im looking at this backwards

The description of the lock is on page 2 of the affidavit. I can't seem to cut & paste the section about the lock.

It's described as an electronic lock that alerts the owner ( CC) when the door is unlocked or locked.

As I think about it now, MW doesn't appear to have locked the door after she opened it upon returning, so it's possible the door was closed, but unlocked so there wasn't a second "locking" electronic notification ( MOO). CC stated that the door was unlocked when she found MW dead.

The question is then how did KA know if the door was locked or unlocked and how did she gain entrance?

On first read, it sounds as if she could have knocked and MW answered the unlocked door. Or KA just tried the unlocked door and found it was open.

MW was found in the bathroom, covered in blood. If she had just returned from a swim and a meal, it's very likely MW entered and went straight to the bathroom to relieve herself and KA quickly came in, unnoticed, behind her and shot her there. We also don't know how many injuries MW sustained and if she was shot in from the back or from the front or whether she was found face down or face up. No reports of screams. It also seems as though the owner (DH) of the apartment was also at the place sometime between 8:30 and 9:30 because the garage door was partially up and that's when he heard someone going down the stairs and hear the sounds of a bicycle. No information as to what KA might have been doing in the apartment for possibly up to an hour, according to the timeline of DH's account.

Affidavit:

Last edited:
I have a custom gun/machine shop just up the road here in SC that is basically in a guy’s backyard and they can fabricate any gun related part. I’m sure TX has similar places and who says they are all honest? I’ve also heard of people using all sorts of things to muffle gunshots, like pillows and such. I’d be surprised if she gathered a real silencer on the illegal market in a couple of weeks. But this stuff isn’t hard to get in the south.

And an illegal silencer would really put this into the stalking / premeditation arena, not just a sudden impulsive event.

I have a feeling KA has been heavily stalking MW since she first found out and was "prepared" to assume the worst, that MW and CS were resuming their clandestine relationship behind her back. As we have read, CS says she was into his phone, blocking MW's number and reading texts and it seems that they were not all about bicycling.

I would be very interesting to know who between MW and CS was the pursuer. I think it was more likely CS. MOO.

Sadly, once a relationship gets to the manipulation of the partner's phone, it's over and whatever trust there was there is broken.

KA had the means to quit the relationship and resume her life without CS, without stewing over a purportedly-unfaithful partner.

Terrible terrible choice she made.

I had assumed that it was KA who would have purchased a silencer, unbeknown to CS.
Even with KA, the equation would probably not change much:

Illegal silencers are a federal offense with lots of negative risks from a vendor's point of view. My guess is that even finding a potential vendor would be hard with being "on the inside".

Then, there would still be the matter of trust and/or sufficient cash to make the risk worth the reward for the vendor. The only postive factor that KA could add to the equation would be: "Attractive female". That can be a game changer with some males. But unless one knows a vendor, not even that factor could be full applied.

Last edited:

Illegal silencers are a federal offense with lots of negative risks from a vendor's point of view. My guess is that even finding a potential vendor would be hard with being "on the inside".

Then, there would still be the matter of trust and/or sufficient cash to make the risk worth the reward for the vendor. The only postive factor that KA could add to the equation would be: "Attractive female".

That can be a game changer with some males. But unless one knows a vendor, not even that factor could be full applied.

The comment about the silencer comes from LE based on a neighbor not hearing any shots.

There are comments about perhaps a towel or pillow was used to muffle the sound.

No mention from LE about finding any such items.

We'll just have to wait to find out more information. Hopefully as KA is arrested.

Then, there would still be the matter of trust and/or sufficient cash to make the risk worth the reward for the vendor. The only postive factor that KA could add to the equation would be: "Attractive female".

That can be a game changer with some males. But unless one knows a vendor, not even that factor could be full applied.
Per the silencer discussion, I would like to know if either CS or KA legally bought a silencer if that is a registered sale in a federal database? Hence, LE would already know this.

It may have been mentioned in earlier post but just in case. If either did not buy one legally, and did not get one on the "inside", would it be a possibility either could borrow one from an associate/friend with a silencer being a "common" attachment part to a 9MM Sig? Or are silencers an intricate attachment made for certain models of 9MM Sigs and difficult to just borrow and attach?

Finding a friend with a "silencer" for your gun?

Hard to find a good reason to explain the need for it. Especially when you have access to a shop out in the fields where there's no one around to do any target shooting.

Finding a friend with a "silencer" for your gun?

Hard to find a good reason to explain the need for it. Especially when you have access to a shop out in the fields where there's no one around to do any target shooting.
You made a good point in recent post that LE did not mention silencer to this point, once I read that I had already proposed this possibility. All good, I keep leaning on Texas having the most registered firearms by quantity (not per capita) in the US, and throw in a little "good ole boy networking" and my mind wandered. I have little knowledge of silencers so that's the reason I posted.

And an illegal silencer would really put this into the stalking / premeditation arena, not just a sudden impulsive event.

I have a feeling KA has been heavily stalking MW since she first found out and was "prepared" to assume the worst, that MW and CS were resuming their clandestine relationship behind her back. As we have read, CS says she was into his phone, blocking MW's number and reading texts and it seems that they were not all about bicycling.

I would be very interesting to know who between MW and CS was the pursuer. I think it was more likely CS. MOO.

Sadly, once a relationship gets to the manipulation of the partner's phone, it's over and whatever trust there was there is broken.

KA had the means to quit the relationship and resume her life without CS, without stewing over a purportedly-unfaithful partner.

Terrible terrible choice she made.
And add to the possible stalking of MW, the affidavit says that MW had told a friend that KA started following her on Instagram within the past two months. MW also had a substack where she wrote about her upcoming racing event plans, plus online cycling websites that interviewed her etc. Not to mention the possibility of stalking via Strava account of her bike routes. (This article says KA was active on Strava the day of the murder Texas woman in love triangle accused of killing pro cyclist Anna Moriah Wilson, police say

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
And add to the possible stalking of MW, the affidavit says that MW had told a friend that KA started following her on Instagram within the past two months. MW also had a substack where she wrote about her upcoming racing event plans, plus online cycling websites that interviewed her etc. Not to mention the possibility of stalking via Strava account of her bike routes. (This article says KA was active on Strava the day of the murder Texas woman in love triangle accused of killing pro cyclist Anna Moriah Wilson, police say

<modsnip>
Was just about to share this too.
Even with KA's speculated financial support, that's still a boatload of sponsors.

The description of the lock is on page 2 of the affidavit. I can't seem to cut & paste the section about the lock.

It's described as an electronic lock that alerts the owner ( CC) when the door is unlocked or locked.

As I think about it now, MW doesn't appear to have locked the door after she opened it upon returning, so it's possible the door was closed, but unlocked so there wasn't a second "locking" electronic notification ( MOO). CC stated that the door was unlocked when she found MW dead.

The question is then how did KA know if the door was locked or unlocked and how did she gain entrance?

On first read, it sounds as if she could have knocked and MW answered the unlocked door. Or KA just tried the unlocked door and found it was open.

MW was found in the bathroom, covered in blood. If she had just returned from a swim and a meal, it's very likely MW entered and went straight to the bathroom to relieve herself and KA quickly came in, unnoticed, behind her and shot her there. We also don't know how many injuries MW sustained and if she was shot in from the back or from the front or whether she was found face down or face up. No reports of screams. It also seems as though the owner (DH) of the apartment was also at the place sometime between 8:30 and 9:30 because the garage door was partially up and that's when he heard someone going down the stairs and hear the sounds of a bicycle. No information as to what KA might have been doing in the apartment for possibly up to an hour, according to the timeline of DH's account.

Affidavit:
As to how the killer gained access to the apartment I wonder if LE will be able to build a theory based on if there are any signs of struggle or a fight in the exterior or interior of the unit or in the bathroom or other rooms. Or any signs of a cleanup effort after or staging maybe to look like a robbery (like maybe moving the bike and leaving it in nearby foliage?)

CC told LE that she had to remind MW to bring in her bike, fearing it could be stolen from the upstairs porch. The cover, IIRC, was found outside, near the bottom of the steps. I wonder if MW ever bothered to bring the bike in?

I mention this because it makes me question if MW was as security conscious at her young age, as her friend might have been? 0nce in the house, things seemed to happen very quickly. She may not have immediately locked the door behind her.

I also wonder if CC made the trip back to talk to her about this date, because she had concerns about her friend continuing to be ANY part of this toxic triangle?

i have known women on both sides of a mess like this. Its amazing and appalling how they can be strung along and placated by being told…lies they WANT to hear.

‘Im trying to break it off. She’s crazy. Our lives are so entangled but I havent loved her for years. It wont be long now. It’s you I love.”

blah…blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member