TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I also wonder if CC made the trip back to talk to her about this date, because she had concerns about her friend continuing to be ANY part of this toxic triangle?

i have known women on both sides of a mess like this. Its amazing and appalling how they can be strung along and placated by being told…lies they WANT to hear.

‘Im trying to break it off. She’s crazy. Our lives are so entangled but I havent loved her for years. It wont be long now. It’s you I love.”

blah…blah
IMO that’s why CC returned - any true friend would be concerned about a friend in that situation. CS told police he was lying so who knows what he told MW. So sad that she got murdered for just going for a swim and talking to a man who was lying to her!

CC told LE that she had to remind MW to bring in her bike, fearing it could be stolen from the upstairs porch. The cover, IIRC, was found outside, near the bottom of the steps. I wonder if MW ever bothered to bring the bike in?

I mention this because it makes me question if MW was as security conscious at her young age, as her friend might have been? 0nce in the house, things seemed to happen very quickly. She may not have immediately locked the door behind her.

I also wonder if CC made the trip back to talk to her about this date, because she had concerns about her friend continuing to be ANY part of this toxic triangle?

i have known women on both sides of a mess like this. Its amazing and appalling how they can be strung along and placated by being told…lies they WANT to hear.

‘Im trying to break it off. She’s crazy. Our lives are so entangled but I havent loved her for years. It wont be long now. It’s you I love.”

blah…
I looked at the affidavit again and it was a bag, not a bike that MW’s friend advised her to take in:
“…As she left, she observed Wilson’s large bicycle travel bag sitting next to the front door, on the elevated porch. [friend] advised she went back inside and told Wilson to take the bag inside ofthe house before she leaves so no one steals it. [friend] advised
after eating with her friends, she returned to the residence and observed the large bicycle travel bag at the bottom of the stairs, partially blocking the carport. “

I looked at the affidavit again and it was a bag, not a bike that MW’s friend advised her to take in:
“…As she left, she observed Wilson’s large bicycle travel bag sitting next to the front door, on the elevated porch. [friend] advised she went back inside and told Wilson to take the bag inside ofthe house before she leaves so no one steals it. [friend] advised
after eating with her friends, she returned to the residence and observed the large bicycle travel bag at the bottom of the stairs, partially blocking the carport. “

That comment about the bag is confusing to me. Presumably the bike was in the BAG when MW arrived. Did she take the bike out of the BAG and leave the bike in the residence, or inside the garage, or outside the front door?

If the BAG and the bike were not together, why would it have been moved.

If the perp escaped on MW's bicycle, why was the BAG at the bottom of the stairs when CC returned home?

Could the BAG have fingerprint evidence?

Last edited:
Per the silencer discussion, I would like to know if either CS or KA legally bought a silencer if that is a registered sale in a federal database? Hence, LE would already know this.

It may have been mentioned in earlier post but just in case. If either did not buy one legally, and did not get one on the "inside", would it be a possibility either could borrow one from an associate/friend with a silencer being a "common" attachment part to a 9MM Sig? Or are silencers an intricate attachment made for certain models of 9MM Sigs and difficult to just borrow and attach?

In regards to there being a federal database of legal silencers / suppressors, I am almost certain there is.

One of my friends (life long fire arms enthusiast) has a suppressor. One day when I visited him, he excitedly showed me paper work- His wife's positive pregnancy test? No- a permit to purchase a suppressor had finally been approved by the ATF.

He then explained that a certain number would be "his number"- for both the permit and the suppressor? I can't
remember the details as I listened due to politeness rather than an interest in suppressors (Why would anyone want one? But... I know better than to ask him that as it would lead to 60 minutes of one way, rapid fire 2A bombardment).

Anyways.... I left with the impression that the whole process from application to purchase to possession was very controlled and tracked. He also told me about legal / practical interchangeability (or lack thereof). But.... I was far more interested in suppressing the fire in grill to properly smoke the ribs.

Last edited:
That comment about the bag is confusing to me. Presumably the bike was in the BAG when MW arrived. Did she take the bike out of the BAG and leave the bike in the residence, or inside the garage, or outside the front door?

If the BAG and the bike were not together, why would it have been moved.

If the perp escaped on MW's bicycle, why was the BAG at the bottom of the stairs when CC returned home?

Could the BAG have fingerprint evidence?
Not sure whether the bike was in the bag initially, but I'm thinking that perhaps whoever killed MW used her bicycle to pedal away to their vehicle. Neighbors would know MW was a bicyclist and wouldn't think anything of seeing someone biking out of the property. IMO

Here are a few:

Jennair Gerardot
Elena Romanova
Rena Salmon
Jessica Edens
Aileen Guinea
Shannon O’Roark Griffin
Michelle Boat
Li-Yun “Lisa” Peng
Julie Rex
Suwaiba Shuaibu
Chelsea Watrous Cook
Mumsy Zitha

Sarah Williams
Shanna Golyar
Tracey Bryan

Taz Hayes
Ashley Spencer

Rachel Draft
Demetria Johnson
Candace Montgomery
Lisa Brown
Rebecca Harris
Emma Taylor
Nicole Houchin

Tyonne Palmer
Michelle Gaiser
Also Stephanie Lazarus and the killer of Michelle LE in California.

Great work on that list. I had no idea there were so many!!

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

For me, the text that MW sent to CS shows her maturity and that she was trying to get an answer from him about the relationship, where it stood and where it was going, if anywhere. We don't know what CS was telling her, even about his living arrangements. Maybe he told her that he was hoping to move out this year, who knows. I agree that MW was a strong and independent young woman, and also perhaps very trusting and sincere, believing that others would reciprocate and shared her values. She may not have had a lot of experience with dating and in relationships. She was only 25 years old.
Where can I find the text message? Thanks for your help!!!

Several things are making me go hmmm, but perhaps LE have more information than they have put into the affadavit?
1. There is CCTV of KA's car pulling up outside the apartment where MW was staying, but no CCTV of KA herself arriving or leaving the property?
2. I am curious as to why CA had a face to face with MW to discuss CS. Why not discuss it on the phone call?
3. The bike - If KA was parked outside the residence, why waste time taking the bike? She didn't need to ride it away if her car was parked outside the residence.
4. If she was that angry, she would have been more likely to damage the bike than take it away.
5. I am curious if CA received a 'locked' message when MW arrived home from her outing with CS.
6. I am also curious as to where in the residence MW as shot - why the bathroom?

Has it been established if CA knew KA?
Did CS have any other girlfriends (at the same time as KA), either now or in the past?
What confuses me is if CA only got two alerts, from when Moriah left and then came back, how did KA get in and bypass the security system? When did she get in and how?

Love can drive people to do crazy things. The guy in the middle of all this did not care about either of these women.
He continues on his merry way while two lives are ruined, without question as a result of his behavior.
I am not trying to absolve somebody of murder nor justify it in any way but I do have sympathy for both females.
I don’t have sympathy for KA. Not if she murdered a supposed “rival”. That’s evil. I don’t believe she snapped because that infers no time to reflect. This was planned and I find it disgusting. The response to a cheating boyfriend should be to leave him. I just don’t understand that kind of jealousy.

What confuses me is if CA only got two alerts, from when Moriah left and then came back, how did KA get in and bypass the security system? When did she get in and how?
I imagine security systems differ, but I wonder if she knocked on the door and MW let her in, if that would trigger an alert to CA? Maybe Kaitlin said "We need to talk" and she let her in willingly.

Things aren't adding up. One of the witnesses is changing their story or at least what they're saying now isn't the same as what's in the affidavit. The owner/resident now claims they "sensed" a bicycle, which is way different than saying you observed a bicycle go southbound as he appears to be an earwitness not an eyewitness:
Harris also said that he heard someone leave their apartment building around the time of the killing on a bicycle.

He said: 'I heard somebody leave but I didn’t see anyone with my own eyes.'

He continued: 'I had the sense that a bike was leaving. It was not a motorcycle. Maybe it was Armstrong leaving on the bike and she wanted to make it look like a theft.'

If you're an earwitness but not an eyewitness you might have heard a motorcycle without its engine on where it essentially would have been a bicycle...not that it was a motorcycle without the motor running as I question all of this now, like the sound of motorless wheels on dirt might not have even happened at all. What for instance may have happened with the bicycle was there was an attempted theft totally unrelated to the murder. Some opportunistic thief totally unrelated may have thought they had an easy score, found the bag was too bulky and awkward so took the unassembled bike out of the bag once they got downstairs, tried carrying it but then realized they'd stick out like a sore thumb so ditched it. To me that makes far more sense than KA or whoever running down stairs in a panic with a loaded bike bag when the garage door opens, stopping at the bottom of the stairs by the occupied garage that they're fleeing from to put the bag down to remove the bike and then promptly ditching the bike.

Perhaps the alerts are from when the door is locked/unlocked? If the door was left unlocked and KA followed Mo in, then it may not have registered when she came in and out.

Perhaps the alerts are from when the door is locked/unlocked? If the door was left unlocked and KA followed Mo in, then it may not have registered when she came in and out.
If she truly was attacked within a couple of minutes after unlocking the door, it is possible that she never even got it closed. It was a warm evening, and she may not have closed it immediately upon entering. KA may have been lying in wait, and basically pushed her way in shortly after MW entered. JMO

Last edited:
This has probably already been asked, but I’m new to this case. KA appears to be a natural redhead in the photos. Do authorities think she has changed her hair color to brown?
Have not heard authorities say anything on that. Seems like very few pictures of her have been made public. There were some possibly of her in a recent online article about the Wheelhouse trailer renovation business where her hair looked more brown or auburn to me and it was pulled back in a braid. But her pictures were deleted off the article website after the murder and the version I saw was a cached version.

When KA scrubbed her social media that might have bought her more time in eluding capture as pictures of her seem rare, and others seemed to have obliged her efforts to some extent by scrubbing her images from their respective social media and websites.

If she truly was attacked within a couple of minutes after unlocking the door, it is possible that she never even got it closed. It was a warm evening, and she may not have closed it immediately upon entering. KA may have been lying in wait, and basically pushed her way in shortly after MW entered. JMO
Yes, I fear this is exactly what happened.

That’s what I think happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members