GUILTY TX - Officer Jaime Padron, 40, shot to death, Austin, 6 April 2012 #1

Hey Softtail! Thought I would follow ya over hear....but you must follow with me when Bashara trial begins :seeya:

Question: What is 311? I've never heard of 311. Is that specific to Texas? Enlighten me as I'm just reading tweets to catch up and already confussssssssssed on 311 reference.

TIA

Deal! I'll follow you!

311 is a non-emergency call.

So in this case, the manager called 311 as it was not yet an emergency situation.

Chris Sadeghi @chrissadeghi
LeMere said he was holding Daniel down while other employees stomped on his hand and kicked the gun away.

LeMere says he feels as if the third gunshot shot was aimed for him.

'I realized it was a gun, the pop that we heard. I immediately jumped on the suspect.... the third shot went right by my right ear." -LeMere

So, Daniel was clearly under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs? And that is his defense?

LeMere said Daniel looked at Padron bleeding chuckled a little bit & said "I killed a cop." That testimony brings emotion from Padron family

:stormingmad:

LeMere said he never saw Padron pull his own gun. Still a stir on Padron side of courtroom after the "I killed a cop," testimony.

So, Daniel was clearly under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs? And that is his defense?

Alcohol and Xanax. But, only because he broke up with his girlfriend. So that makes it ok. :rolleyes:

That is his defense. Ridiculous! :snooty:

Softail, was there any confrontation that started this whole thing. Too much multitasking for me to research right now lol.

Softail, was there any confrontation that started this whole thing. Too much multitasking for me to research right now lol.

The employees called the non emergency number because he was drunk and acting strange. When Officer Padron got there, he told him to stop, he wanted to talk to him. BD took off running. Officer Padron went after him. They got into a struggle. That is when BD shot him.

Alcohol and Xanax. But, only because he broke up with his girlfriend. So that makes it ok. :rolleyes:

That is his defense. Ridiculous! :snooty:

Too many druggies/alcholics and mentally incompetent fools walking around with guns. imo.

This was such a sad case. Can't believe this guy is fighting it. Just do the right thing for once and take responsibility. :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

This was such a sad case. Can't believe this guy is fighting it. Just do the right thing for once and take responsibility. :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Was he offered plea deal?

Thanks for starting this thread and the information Softail.

Thanks for starting this thread and the information Softail.

You're welcome.

Office Padron had 2 little girls. His funeral was absolutely heartbreaking. There was a procession along I35 past the Walmart where he was killed. Well wishers lined the highway. It was amazing.

Officer Jaime Padron's Funeral Procession - Aerial Footage - YouTube

Officer Jaime Padron's funeral procession Beginning to End - YouTube

Here is a memorial page:

http://www.odmp.org/officer/21219-senior-police-officer-jaime-d-padron

I took it that he was offered one but a settlement wasn't reached.

You may be correct. I took it as BD wanted the DP off the table. There was no way that was going to happen, so no deal. I'm glad! :gavel:

We don't see many live streamed trials here in Texas. Weird that during the break audio and video is still up.

Monica Lawson, another former Wal-Mart employee, is next on the stand.

'Then a second shot came out and I saw the blood," - Monica Lawson is crying on stand. Said she saw blood coming from Padron's mouth.

"They were wresting and he kept trying to get the gun. Then a shot came out and I thought it was a fake gun. I thought it was confetti."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back