TX TX - Paulino "Paula" del Mundo, 58, transgender, layover, Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, 15 Sep 2019

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Pauline del Mundo, 58, was last seen on Sept. 14 as she started a trip from her hometown in Tampa, Fla. to Cozumel, Mexico for a 10-day vacation.

In the midst of her travels, she called her sister to tell her she changed her mind and needed a plane ticket back home. Her sister said said she sounded "incoherent" and "depressed" during the call. “We tried to reach her on her cellphone but her cellphone was dead.”

Mundo is Filipino and described as 5 feet 6 inches tall with long brown hair, brown eyes.

Transgender woman missing after layover at DFW Airport

ab89222e-3e6b-454f-b731-0ad9925e7e35_750x422.jpg

One month and two days after first losing contact with her, the family of transgender woman Pauline (Paula) DelMundo continues to search for their sister, and they are “pleading desperately” for the public’s help in finding her.

Pauline DelMundo, who lives in Tampa, Fla., was on her way to Cozumel, Mexico, via American Airlines on Saturday, Sept. 14, when she disappeared. But she called one of her sisters shortly before 6 p.m., that day, during a layover at DFW International Airport, saying that she had changed her mind and wanted to go back to Tampa and asking her sister to help her get a ticket back to Tampa.
Family desperate for news of missing trans woman, Pauline DelMundo - Dallas Voice

Eerie and ominous. I hope she's okay but it's been over two weeks.... where could she be?

Who cares? Asked my trans friend what's going on and she pointed me to this case saying who cares?

Who indeed? There's five posts in this thread and four are mod news articles. Who cares? No one, RIP ladies.

:(

If she was spotted on surveillance camera at the airport, can’t they watch her movements and see if/where she actually left the airport and then watch other footage from outside cameras to see what she did next?

How did she get to the airport? Have they checked Uber/Lyft/taxis to see if she left the airport using any of those services? Have they checked hotels near the airport to see if she went there? **Have they even checked her car if that’s how she got there?? The guy in Kansas City sat there decomposing for almost a YEAR before someone finally noticed and reported it to airport security, because they never bothered to check it when he went missing!**

If the police want us to know about missing people and want the public’s help finding them, it would help a lot if they’d give us better information than just “missing and was seen on a camera”.

I guess I should be grateful that they haven’t ruled it Voluntary Missing with the ever-present quote “An adult can go missing if they want to, it’s not illegal.”

If she was spotted on surveillance camera at the airport, can’t they watch her movements and see if/where she actually left the airport and then watch other footage from outside cameras to see what she did next?

How did she get to the airport? Have they checked Uber/Lyft/taxis to see if she left the airport using any of those services? Have they checked hotels near the airport to see if she went there? **Have they even checked her car if that’s how she got there?? The guy in Kansas City sat there decomposing for almost a YEAR before someone finally noticed and reported it to airport security, because they never bothered to check it when he went missing!**

If the police want us to know about missing people and want the public’s help finding them, it would help a lot if they’d give us better information than just “missing and was seen on a camera”.

I guess I should be grateful that they haven’t ruled it Voluntary Missing with the ever-present quote “An adult can go missing if they want to, it’s not illegal.”
She was on a layover.

Video footage of Pauline at DFW International Airport showed her carrying a yellow Nautica trolley bag, Yolanda told Dallas Voice. But the video shows her apparently deliberately leaving the bag unattended and walking away with just her wallet. The bag, however, has never been found.
Surveillance video information.

Investigators also checked routes Pauline might have taken to leave the airport in via a ride-share service or a bus, still finding nothing. Investigators have been unable, however, to rule out the possibility that Pauline left the airport in a taxi cab, her sister said.
Transportation possibilities for her having left the airport.
https://dallasvoice.com/family-desperate-for-news-of-missing-trans-woman-pauline-delmundo/

I hope Pauline is found safe and well but the outcome doesn't look good. I'm thinking she's had a breakdown, become disorientated and is lost somewhere, not knowing how she got there and forgetting who she is and where she's from. The other is the worst case that she's been taken by a predator. Sadly trans women are seen as easy prey by predators and have little sympathy from the public.
I hope this ends well but the longer she's missing the less likely a good outcome.

I fear she was going to mexico for a reason involving the yellow bag and had second thoughts and has run into some trouble.

I don't know how to be sensitive about it so I'll just ask - is she fully transitioned or is it possible for her to pass as a man (ie does she wear a wig etc).

I wish there was more we could do to help - there is just 0 info about her case or her. Her community needs to be campaigning for her. I don't understand how someone can just disappear from an airport unless they walk out different than they came in, are still there, or went out concealed in something.

After looking at social media, it’s my opinion that the family has been given specific information regarding an updated “last known” location and time. I do hope they have a trustworthy source, as it’s my opinion they are exploring that lead. I’m actually uncertain from the coordinates listed if Paula’s NamUs page has been updated.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back