TX TX - Paulino "Paula" del Mundo, 58, transgender, layover, Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, 15 Sep 2019

Pinay transwoman mysteriously disappeared in Texas | Philippines Lifestyle News

The real name of the Pinay transwoman was Paulino Norberto del Mundo Jr., a naturalized American citizen

Del Mundo was supposed to go to the Iberostar Hotel in Cozumel, Mexico

Her sister, Lilia Acebron, told Newsweek that Mundo “had recently been dealing with pain from a rotator cuff injury, which impacted her ability to work as a nurse in the Tampa area.”

“She’s a hard-working woman, she always worked overtime,” Acebron told WTSP 10 News. “But she was still having some pain, some limitation of movement, so she considered herself disabled, and I think that’s why she started getting depressed.”

RSBBM. What exactly was Paula going through??

Your posts have her case on my mind @Vail @heuristicsdepartment

Ebbm

THATS alarming. what happened to Paula?!? :(
I’m worried for Paula. If she was arrested and then released, that’s OK; I would just like to know. Or was she maybe captured on a security camera there while walking by? Or perhaps she was lost stopped by there to ask for directions? Alarming, indeed.

I’m worried for Paula. If she was arrested and then released, that’s OK; I would just like to know. Or was she maybe captured on a security camera there while walking by? Or perhaps she was lost stopped by there to ask for directions? Alarming, indeed.

I'm surprised that there aren't more details about this sighting. What were the circumstances? If she was walking, which way was she heading? Her family said that she sounded confused or disoriented on the phone when they last talked to her, could she have ended up at a local hospital? I'm sure LE has already thought to check that. I can't stop wondering what would have made her not want to proceed with the vacation that she was so eagerly anticipating? Was she planning on meeting someone there who maybe canceled on her last minute? So many questions.

It looks like there are several businesses and warehouses in this immediate area. I wish they would share more information as to where the footage came from and if she on foot? At least they know she did leave the airport itself.
It is possible she was trying to reach the police HQ but it seems likely to be closed at 4am. Hope this info leads to new searches and answers.

More details about the video footage.
Pauline Norberto Del Mundo – CUE – Community United Effort

The intersection she was last seen at is surrounded by construction, ditches, ravines, swampy areas, a small lake and lots of wooded brush areas that are hard to search with a small number of people. We think that she headed East after going out of view of surveillance camera.

Paula-300x300.jpg73116727_2482526185172642_4061139264836993024_n.jpg Paula1.jpg
Pauline is a transgendered woman. Pauline was on her way to Cozumel, Mexico for a vacation. En route from Tampa, Florida—where she lives—she had a connecting flight at the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. Pauline never boarded her flight to Mexico and after her phone died at the airport, she has not been heard from since. There have been CCTV footage of her leaving the airport, but was never seen entering a vehicle. Pauline has been missing since September 14th, 2019. We have exhausted all leads and she was never seen again. She is approximately 5'6" - 5'7" and weighed around 120-150 pounds. Pauline is aged 59 at the time of her disappearance.

This is my boyfriend's God Mother, and she is very important and loved by the whole family. There was no reason that she had ran away, which is what the police originally ruled her case as. The idea that she "ran off" has been ruled out. This disappearance has haunted the family for way too long.

Pauline is an Asian female. Flower tattoo on the right forearm. Hot Dog shaped birthmark on the side area, light brown in color. Paula wears full dentures. Paula is a transgender woman (M to F) woman. Paula is recovering from rotator cuff surgery.

She was seen on Surveillance footage in Terminal C at 10:30 pm. She walked 2 and 1/2 miles up International Pkwy away from the airport. Walked to south service road coming south. Walked by a valet gate. Seen on footage going towards the Warehouse district at 1:48 am. Walked across the street across from warehouses and sat on a curb. You see her sitting on a curb on the south end of the official warehouse district off the intersection of South 20th Ave and S Airfield . She then abruptly gets up and walks away from curb at 3:52 am. She walks around corner of curb going East, goes around a DFW airport sign (footage of her is obstructed by sign) and that’s the last they can see of her on the footage. The main road goes North and South. This warehouse district that Paula was last seen near is off a main road. Technically on airport property but leased out to different private companies. The intersection she was last seen at is surrounded by construction, ditches, ravines, swampy areas, a small lake and lots of wooded brush areas that are hard to search with a small number of people. We think that she headed East after going out of view of surveillance camera. (this was taken from a news article that I had read).

Please if you live in Texas, anywhere in Texas, or even outside of the state, SPREAD HER STORY! We believe that she was taken against her will, we need answers. To all of you in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, please keep a lookout for Paula. We have been searching for so long. here is a picture of her and what she was last seen wearing. If you have any questions, please let me know and thank you so much.

My email is jasminemasterson@yahoo.com please reach out here if you are uncomfortable with responding to this post.

This is my boyfriend's God Mother, and she is very important and loved by the whole family.
Welcome! We have a discussion thread for Pauline here TX - TX - Paulino "Paula" del Mundo, 58, transgender, Euless, near Dallas-Fort Worth Airpt, 15 Sep 2019
Although we do not have quite so many details and we may have her name wrong.
As family, I believe you are allowed to share details that are not available in mainstream media, but there is a verification process to be able to. I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can begin the process here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Last edited:
Who cares? Asked my trans friend what's going on and she pointed me to this case saying who cares?

Who indeed? There's five posts in this thread and four are mod news articles. Who cares? No one, RIP ladies.

:(
this is a family member of mine, I care. We will find her she will come home one day, please keep in mind that family members actively come on this site so watch what you say. We all still pray for her to come home. So watch the attitude

I hope Pauline is found safe and well but the outcome doesn't look good. I'm thinking she's had a breakdown, become disorientated and is lost somewhere, not knowing how she got there and forgetting who she is and where she's from. The other is the worst case that she's been taken by a predator. Sadly trans women are seen as easy prey by predators and have little sympathy from the public.
I hope this ends well but the longer she's missing the less likely a good outcome.
I really hope it ends with a positive outcome as well, we want paula to come home. We all miss her way too much, as being close to the family we have a lot of theories as to what might have happened. We do NOT think she just ran off on her own, she looks very disoriented, someone might have been following her based on the last thing she said to one of the family members. It is a very scary thing.

If she was spotted on surveillance camera at the airport, can’t they watch her movements and see if/where she actually left the airport and then watch other footage from outside cameras to see what she did next?

How did she get to the airport? Have they checked Uber/Lyft/taxis to see if she left the airport using any of those services? Have they checked hotels near the airport to see if she went there? **Have they even checked her car if that’s how she got there?? The guy in Kansas City sat there decomposing for almost a YEAR before someone finally noticed and reported it to airport security, because they never bothered to check it when he went missing!**

If the police want us to know about missing people and want the public’s help finding them, it would help a lot if they’d give us better information than just “missing and was seen on a camera”.

I guess I should be grateful that they haven’t ruled it Voluntary Missing with the ever-present quote “An adult can go missing if they want to, it’s not illegal.”
Whats funny is that the police at first did not want to investigate this as a missing persons case, It made me extremely furious being that I consider her as part of my family as well. I know for a fact she did not just run off, we had to wait more than a week before they considered to even count it as a missing persons case. The police have really not been helpful with all of this and wouldn't even show us footage of what she was wearing, but of course they will release it to the news. We believe she had taken a lyft/uber to the airport. She was seen exiting the airport on foot. We have checked all nearby shelters, hotels, etc and sadly nothing. Her car is back in Tampa Florida. There has been no recent updates sadly, but we truly believe she was taken.

Pauline del Mundo, 58, was last seen on Sept. 14 as she started a trip from her hometown in Tampa, Fla. to Cozumel, Mexico for a 10-day vacation.

In the midst of her travels, she called her sister to tell her she changed her mind and needed a plane ticket back home. Her sister said said she sounded "incoherent" and "depressed" during the call. “We tried to reach her on her cellphone but her cellphone was dead.”

Mundo is Filipino and described as 5 feet 6 inches tall with long brown hair, brown eyes.

Transgender woman missing after layover at DFW Airport

ab89222e-3e6b-454f-b731-0ad9925e7e35_750x422.jpg
thank you very much for starting this thread, I am very grateful that there are people that will share her story and care. We need as much coverage as possible since it has been almost 6 months since we have heard from her.

they seem to always find remains of passengers around the airport there's a lot of land brush etc its not a good look for DFW that so many disappear there
I have been doing some research on people that go missing around the area of DFW, do you know of any cases I could look into of missing people that have turned up around this area? We still believe she is in Texas, hopefully alive. We have a lot of theories, I am a senior in criminal justice and I want to see if there is any cases in this area that are similar to hers. If you can find any, please let me know.

and what of the yellow bag that she allegedly walked away from but has never been found?

I care. Her sisters care, some of us here care. People do care. All kinds of people care.
Thank you so much for caring, the whole family has been distraught since her disappearance. She is the sweetest woman ever, would do anything for anyone. Thank you for continuing to care.

I fear she was going to mexico for a reason involving the yellow bag and had second thoughts and has run into some trouble.

I don't know how to be sensitive about it so I'll just ask - is she fully transitioned or is it possible for her to pass as a man (ie does she wear a wig etc).

I wish there was more we could do to help - there is just 0 info about her case or her. Her community needs to be campaigning for her. I don't understand how someone can just disappear from an airport unless they walk out different than they came in, are still there, or went out concealed in something.
I dont believe that it was because of the yellow bag, she was able to travel from Tampa to Texas just fine. Maybe someone had been following her. She is fully transitioned, she could not pass as a man. She was seen walking out of the airport but has never been heard from again.

I keep praying for Paulino. Such a beautiful lady. IMO I didn't support a crime against transgender as she looked, from outward appearances to be simply a beautiful older woman. I do have one hope though. Years ago, a young woman went missing at Dallas airport. She left the line to board the airplane with her family after a wedding and a emotiona upsetting breakup with a boyfriend. She was later seen ditching her bag and phone outside the terminal. She was from Indiana where I lived. It didn't show up in local news but in FB, a couple years later she came back on her page, home safely to her family . She'd just had a meltdown of some sort and went off grid for a while. She is now married with two children. I hope a safe outcome is in the cards for Paulino's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back