Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
interview with tim miller. starts at 16:16-39:26. he states that in every area they have searched (recently) they have had REASON to be there and it was NOT arbitrary. TM says they were cleaning up their motor home to leave, he had called vanessa's mom and cried with her on the phone bc they felt like they had come to a dead end, when he received a phone call from a detective with new info and new search areas which they immediately headed out to to search. someone came forward and talked. they did not have surveillance cams at the spot she disappeared from, vanessa's phone went dead around noon, her purse was left in her jeep, and the only clue they've really had to go on was the fact that she was missing. (they had no surveillance, no pings, no credit cards to track, basically nothing to go on in the beginning of the searches.) it was not until someone talked that they got a direction to go in, and he believes they are now going in the right direction. he thinks her phone was thrown in the water not far from the area she disappeared from. there are no checkpoints to drive off the base, only when you come in. he hopes fort hood will make some changes (add more surveillance) in the near future.

the reporter finally asks, "do you think someone hurt vanessa on base" and he can only answer "that's part of the investigation. we've covered everything we can cover right now. we know where she's not. our goal in the next few days is to say where she is. that's our goal."

they are gearing up and going back out today. (not on base, but in bell county. they have searched a lake on base with a boat and sonar, searching for her cell phone).

(i summarized for those of you who don't have time to watch.)

tim can find vanessa! <3

Thanks, @swedeheart !

Interesting that someone talked.

" Who was the first to report Guillen missing on April 22?

• Her unit reported her missing to CID on 23 April when a check of the barracks and unit area did not locate her.
Any more details about her phone pinging in Belton? Do you have her phone?

• We do not currently have her phone. We know that her phone did not ping in Belton, we know it was an erroneous phone that pinged. "

Fort Hood answers FAQ on Vanessa Guillen investigation

I am curious about the instance of someone allegedly walking in on PFC Guillen in the shower. I must be misunderstanding something because I don't understand how it is possible. If the shower was in her barracks room, someone would have had to let the person in the room. If the barracks set-up is like some college dorms, with communal showers, someone would have had to let the person who walked in on her know she was in the shower. A shower at the gym would have had other people in it as well. Was there a shower available where she worked? I am not saying I don't believe it happened, I just don't understand it. If others were reporting her off-duty movements to this sergeant, it seems this is more than just harassment.

• Her unit reported her missing to CID on 23 April when a check of the barracks and unit area did not locate her.

• We do not currently have her phone. We know that her phone did not ping in Belton, we know it was an erroneous phone that pinged. "

I hope they at least have her cellphone data by now.

Also from that article:

• Our investigation thus far has determined that she was scheduled to be off that day (due to COVID-19), but was called the night before by supervisors that she was needed to complete her arms room inventory because she was an essential Military Occupational Specialty. This is why she was in workout clothes, it was supposed to be a quick day to conduct the inventory.

Coryell County is adjacent to Ft. Hood, you leave Base and it is right there, and kind of far away from Leon river in Temple and Sparta Road in Belton where they searched in resent days. They are all over the place. I personally still think Vanessa is on Fort Hood...Those searchers are a great team, I sure hope something will transpire really soon.

Another comment about the persons info and picture being removed from Brigade site. From a 20 or so leadership - people are leaving, being replaced all the time so that might mean nothing nefarious.
I’m local too and I completely agree. They went from searching lake Belton because of a ping, then suddenly they are searching Little River-Academy (not that far from me), now they are completely out of Bell County. I know that they need to search based on tips/clues, but I too, think they need to be searching the base. Ft.Hood is huge. That’s where they need to be searching. Not a river 30 miles away.

I’m local too and I completely agree. They went from searching lake Belton because of a ping, then suddenly they are searching Little River-Academy (not that far from me), now they are completely out of Bell County. I know that they need to search based on tips/clues, but I too, think they need to be searching the base. Ft.Hood is huge. That’s where they need to be searching. Not a river 30 miles away.
Tim from Texas EquuSearch stated that each place they’ve searched has been because of “reason to be there and not arbitrary”.

Tim from Texas EquuSearch stated that each place they’ve searched has been because of “reason to be there and not arbitrary”.
Yeah, EquuSearch doesn’t search areas because “this place is as good as any.” If they are searching, it’s because they have a solid justification for it.

Where is the commander" of this base. What a joke, politics doesn't make leaders, it creates damage control experts with rank.

It should be noted that while US military bases have crime rates, they are very safe over all- despite the presence in bases like Fort Hood of tens of thousands of young males. There is no comparison between the safety of US bases and that of the nearby "gate towns"- let alone large US cities.

Then factor in that while there is oversight, US military personnel do not serve in a police state. Surveillance does not track their every move. Thus, it can be hard to determine who a victim's social contacts are or were.

US servicemen under suspicion of serious crimes enjoy nearly the same constitutional rights as civilians. This means that probable cause is needed for arrests, warrants are needed for searches, servicemen cannot be coerced to incriminate themselves and most importantly, the accused are presumed innocent.

In short, violence does occur with in the military as in any other population of humans. Military Commanders do not have magic wands when it comes to controlling criminal behavior. Military commanders also need to investigate and prosecute with in a constitutional system.

Last edited:
Well, the ping was found to be false, or at least not from her phone, but TM did seem to think this new information or tip was valid. He mentioned that in the beginning they basically had nothing to go by. Whatever he was told by investigators must have been significant.

If her phone went dead around noon and she was last seen around that time maybe they have connected a suspect to her and they were able to track that person's movements. He seemed to be pretty confident that her phone was tossed in the water.

Jmo

interview with tim miller. starts at 16:16-39:26. he states that in every area they have searched (recently) they have had REASON to be there and it was NOT arbitrary. TM says they were cleaning up their motor home to leave, he had called vanessa's mom and cried with her on the phone bc they felt like they had come to a dead end, when he received a phone call from a detective with new info and new search areas which they immediately headed out to to search. someone came forward and talked. they did not have surveillance cams at the spot she disappeared from, vanessa's phone went dead around noon, her purse was left in her jeep, and the only clue they've really had to go on was the fact that she was missing. (they had no surveillance, no pings, no credit cards to track, basically nothing to go on in the beginning of the searches.) it was not until someone talked that they got a direction to go in, and he believes they are now going in the right direction. he thinks her phone was thrown in the water not far from the area she disappeared from. there are no checkpoints to drive off the base, only when you come in. he hopes fort hood will make some changes (add more surveillance) in the near future.

the reporter finally asks, "do you think someone hurt vanessa on base" and he can only answer "that's part of the investigation. we've covered everything we can cover right now. we know where she's not. our goal in the next few days is to say where she is. that's our goal."

they are gearing up and going back out today. (not on base, but in bell county. they have searched a lake on base with a boat and sonar, searching for her cell phone).

(i summarized for those of you who don't have time to watch.)

tim can find vanessa! <3

Tim is a hero. His compassion is beautiful.

OT, but not that OT... Someone was paying a tribute to Pvt Gregory Wedel Morales and as they approached the place where his remains were found they ended up finding more human remains. The person states "investigators left GWM's remains behind"... But, could it be someone else's remains? MOO

Link to the video can be found in the comments:

ABC13-Steve Campion

Report if not approved.

ETA link.
ETA fixed link

Last edited:
It should be noted that while US military bases have crime rates, they are very safe over all- despite the presence in bases like Fort Hood of tens of thousands of young males. There is no comparison between the safety of US bases and that of the nearby "gate towns"- let alone large US cities.

Then factor in that while there is oversight, US military personnel do not serve in a police state. Surveillance does not track their every move. Thus, it can be hard to determine who a victim's social contacts are or were.

US servicemen under suspicion of serious crimes enjoy nearly the same constitutional rights as civilians. This means that probable cause is needed for arrests, warrants are needed for searches, servicemen cannot be coerced to incriminate themselves and most importantly, the accused are presumed innocent.

In short, violence does occur with in the military as in any other population of humans. Military Commanders do not have magic wands when it comes to controlling criminal behavior. Military commanders also need to investigate and prosecute with in a constitutional system.
All true. What I mean is that in a situation like this a commander should be taking general responsibility, talk to family, use their fire power to motivate the MPs or military agency, require details on what they are doing each day, having the lead detective brief the family often and as transparently as possible.

OT, but not that OT... Someone was paying a tribute to Pvt Gregory Wedel Morales and as they approached the place where his remains were found they ended up finding more human remains. The person states "investigators left GWM's remains behind"... But, could it be someone else's remains? MOO

ABC13-Steve Campion

Report if not approved.

ETA link.
ETA fix link

WHAT?! wow. i couldn't get that link to open. have you seen anymore info about this? do you think they have found remains IN ADDITION to finding GM's remains?! that is crazy, and sounds like it could be a dumping ground for one particular killer, if i am understanding this correctly!

ABC13-Steve Campion

Report if not approved.

ETA link.
ETA fix link
Wow if true that’s shocking and sad! Like they missed some?

WHAT?! wow. i couldn't get that link to open. have you seen anymore info about this? do you think they have found remains IN ADDITION to finding GM's remains?! that is crazy, and sounds like it could be a dumping ground for one particular killer, if i am understanding this correctly!

I fixed the link. If you want i can PM you the video. Police officers were at the scene. I couldn't make out much of what they said (too windy) but i got something like "(...) unfortunately we don't have a crime scene unit(...)"

Wow if true that’s shocking and sad! Like they missed some?

His whole story is sad. He's not receiving a military funeral because he was declared as AWOL.
AWOLs don't end up dead in shallow graves in the middle of nowhere, imo. Not when they are just days away from getting an honorable discharge and military benefits.
MOO JMO

His whole story is sad. He's not receiving a military funeral because he was declared as AWOL.
AWOLs don't end up dead in shallow graves in the middle of nowhere, imo. Not when they are just days away from getting an honorable discharge and military benefits.
MOO JMO

this is from a local news station about the newest find in Gregory Wedel-Morales case. Its awful.
KWTX News 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members