TX TX - Schertz, WhtFem 17-25, 18UFTX, dumped off I-35, overdose, 'Steel' jean jacket, Apr'87

I spoke with Kristin Fabry of TXDPS regarding the possible match of this case to Theresa Fishbach. She says that they are having to resubmit biological samples on the UID because they were unable to get a complete DNA profile from the previous submission.

They do have a dental chart available on the UID, but she could not find Theresa in NamUs, so she was unable to compare dentals.

I also left a voicemail message with Detective Gary Drury of the St. Charles MO Police Dept. So far, I have not received a callback, but when he does, I will find out what identifiers they have on Theresa.

thank you Carl. I sent Theresa's friend info regarding getting her into NamUs. I also sent her the link to the WS resource center and a direct link to Cynthia with Lostnmissing.com who can assist her in getting Theresa's info into NamUs.

Hopefully Theresa's friend will reply and let us know if there are dentals available for TMF anywhere.

Bumping this Doe...Carl have you heard anything recently? P

No. Det. Drury left me a message a couple of months ago saying that it is a CODIS rule-out by default. I left him a return voicemail saying that that's not true because the UID is not in CODIS. TXDPS told me that they had to send a second biological sample to Univ of North Texas because they couldn't get a good DNA profile from the first sample.

I've left several messages and they don't return them. I looks to me like he just doesn't want to bother with it.

No. Det. Drury left me a message a couple of months ago saying that it is a CODIS rule-out by default. I left him a return voicemail saying that that's not true because the UID is not in CODIS. TXDPS told me that they had to send a second biological sample to Univ of North Texas because they couldn't get a good DNA profile from the first sample.

I've left several messages and they don't return them. I looks to me like he just doesn't want to bother with it.

Such a shame! At least you have tried...I guess it is just a case of sometimes LE/ME are really welcoming and responsive and others won't give you the time of day.

Maybe I should send an email and see how I go....

I actually live in St. Charles, MO (a suburb of St. Louis) and know several people within law enforcement. How do you think I can help? I would be happy to assist in any way.

I actually live in St. Charles, MO (a suburb of St. Louis) and know several people within law enforcement. How do you think I can help? I would be happy to assist in any way.

I called TX-DPS again to see if they ever got a DNA profile from the second sample. Kristin Fabry was not in the office, but I left a message for her to call me back.

I'll wait until I get an update from Kristin before trying to get ahold of Det. Drury again.

Det. Drury just called me and said that he was going through his backlog of messages.

Contrary to what was said on my voicemail, he said that he didn't know whether there was DNA on Theresa Fishbach, but he would look into it. He also indicated that to his knowledge, there are no dentals available for Theresa.

I explained to him again that according to TX DPS, there was not yet a DNA profile on the Schertz Jane Doe. The original sample was insufficient for DNA profiling, so they are re-submitting biological material for a second try.

After about 10 minutes, he called back and said that he had spoken with a Sergent, and he was told that several years ago, they collected DNA Family Reference Samples from Theresa's father and mother, and the Missouri Crime Lab forwarded those samples to the Univ of North Texas. If that is true, then chances are that she has a profile in CODIS.

Since there are no dentals available on Theresa, we have no other option but to wait for UNT to process the second sample and hope that they can get a usable profile from that sample.

This is a link to the Schertz PD page and has her sketch and a small synopsis of her case. http://schertz.com/?page_id=2178
ddd8b6697085eb4f3df6f8b461a7ac84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping. This is a local case for me. I emailed the det in charge here in Schertz but never heard anything back. I will call him this week. I want to know if the DNA was ever processed. I wonder where she was buried? Could they re-exhume to get a better DNA sample?

This girl was not just someone that was forgotten about. She had her wisdom teeth extracted and her teeth were in great shape. Somebody is/was missing her!

This area has changed SO much since 1987 so its hard for me to determine exactly where she was found. Im hoping the det. will be forthcoming on any crime scene photos of the area. We will see...

Like someone said before, a lot of this solving cold cases depending on the detectives ability and willingness to put the time in. Thats why people like us are so important!!!

I have found a newspaper article that was published about 6 weeks after this Jane Doe was found. I hadn't seen this information anywhere before so I am attaching it to this post. A follow up article is also attached.

So 6 weeks after she was found, Crime stoppers got a tip from an informant about a man named Craig Lamb saying he knew this woman.

Also, a woman positively ID'ed this Jane Doe as the woman who tried to snatch her purse from a store a few miles up the road from where her body was found. This Jane Doe had to have died very shortly after that failed attempt because the coroner placed her dead for three days when she was found on the 3rd and this attempted purse snatching happened on the 1st.

I am currently in touch with the retired officer from this case, Rudy Rubio. He is very interested to see what new leads I can dig up. I have also spoken with a local judge and he is going to get me the autopsy report and hopefully some PM pictures so I can give them to Carl and he can do his amazing work and get us a new rendering!!

Im hopeful this case can be solved.

Thanks for all of yalls help, guys!!!
<3newspaper for craig lamb.jpgpart two for craig lamb.jpgpolice report for purse.jpg

Went to the local library (Schertz) to look through the old microfilm for the Herald newspaper for Schertz area. I was disappointed in the lack of April newspapers but there was the April 2 1987 and there was NO mention of this Jane Doe anywhere. The next newspaper available was April 9. I searched all the way through the end of May and I didnt see one mention of her. This really surprised me because she was in the New Braunfels Herald A LOT! Technically she was found in Schertz but it was right on the edge of Schertz and New Braunfels so maybe thats why but I really have to wonder how well her sketch was circulated to this immediate area back then. Gives me hope that it wasn't circulated that well and maybe just maybe one of the old local elders of the town may remember something. I will keep digging. I've got something in the works with a news reporter to do a segment on her for the 30 year anniversary which is coming up in two weeks. Im hoping to have a PM face picture and have it to Carl by then but Im not holding my breath. The cops don't seem to keen on calling me back.

Im still hoping to hear back about the autopsy report. I'll keep on it!!

<3

So,yesterday I spoke with one of the cops who worked the case. He said that the cops got intel that this girl had been picked up hitchhiking (makes me think of wcjd!!!) and went to this party in Cibolo and OD'ed on a drug and they dumped her body. They could never get anyone at that residence to admit to it but of course they wouldnt. I know who lived at the residence and who supposedly picked her up hitchhiking. The retired officer said he spoke with Lamb many times but he would never admit to being the one to pick her up. I cant help but wonder if speaking with him now, would he at least tell me her name? I mean, Im not a cop and they have NO proof he killed her or dumped her so....

They exhumed her body about 10 years ago from a Potters Field in New Braunfels and sent her bones to the FBI to get dna so her DNA should be in the system. IDK why NAMUS says its not available? The officer said the FBI should have her DNA....

I think I tracked down the cemetery she is buried at. It is where the county buries the indigents and jane does, although this is the ONLY jane doe in the whole county of Comal...but I couldnt find a marker for her. So Im going to have to go back to the library and see if I can figure out which number would've been assigned to her. Vital stats wouldnt give me that info because Im not next of kin. But honestly, how the heck do they know? No one knows who this girl is so maybe I am!!! Ugh so frustrating....

This retired officer said he was going to call the officer assigned to this case and tell him to call me back. I think I may have peaked his interest. He said it always bothered him that they couldnt ID this girl. So maybe he will call him this weekend? And Im hoping to hear back from the Judge about obtaining the autopsy report. We shall see....

Until then...
<3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg