TX TX - Schertz, WhtFem 17-25, 18UFTX, dumped off I-35, overdose, 'Steel' jean jacket, Apr'87

Well today Im feeling very discouraged. I cant get anyone from Schertz PD to call me back. Other than showing up at the precinct, I'm not sure what else to do. Im still working on getting the autopsy report but apparently I was sent to the wrong JP so now I have to start that process all over with another JP. So its frustrating and time consumed. The 30 year anniversary is in two days and I was hoping to have much more by now....but I will keep at it. I drive by the area where she was found every day and so Im always reminded. I won't give up.

I wanted to go take her some flowers and make sure her grave was clean but I cant even find where she was buried! Its very sad that it seems like everyone except for us has forgotten her...

Well today Im feeling very discouraged. I cant get anyone from Schertz PD to call me back. Other than showing up at the precinct, I'm not sure what else to do. Im still working on getting the autopsy report but apparently I was sent to the wrong JP so now I have to start that process all over with another JP. So its frustrating and time consumed. The 30 year anniversary is in two days and I was hoping to have much more by now....but I will keep at it. I drive by the area where she was found every day and so Im always reminded. I won't give up.

I wanted to go take her some flowers and make sure her grave was clean but I cant even find where she was buried! Its very sad that it seems like everyone except for us has forgotten her...

She has waited 30 years, and a few more weeks or months are perhaps a non-issue?
Your dedication trumps all of this, as I see it. Keep on keeping on...
:rocker:

(I did not realize that Schertz straddled 3 counties - also in Bexar). Was she found in Guadalupe or Comal County? Does that have anything to do with the issues you have encountered (jurisdictional dead zone)?

She has waited 30 years, and a few more weeks or months are perhaps a non-issue?
Your dedication trumps all of this, as I see it. Keep on keeping on...
:rocker:

(I did not realize that Schertz straddled 3 counties - also in Bexar). Was she found in Guadalupe or Comal County? Does that have anything to do with the issues you have encountered (jurisdictional dead zone)?

Thank you. Your words mean a lot.

And yes that has been some of the issue in getting the autopsy report. They kept sending me to different precincts. But FINALLY today I received the report! It's not very detailed and doesn't have any PM photos but supposedly schertz pd is going to get me copies of the PM and crime scene photos so I'm excited for that. I'm sure I'm annoying the hell outta the PD but someone can take 5 minutes out of their day and call me back. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I did find out where she is buried. There is no marker, nothing to symbolize she is there. Luckily the caretaker knows where she is based on the records and so he is going to show me. I plan on getting some flowers and a stake/vase for the ground where she is.

Also when I got the autopsy report, there was an original newspaper clipping from when she was in the paper. I took a picture of it. IMG_3729.jpg

What wonderful work you're doing!

P.s. might be worth sending that article to her Namus coordinator so they can post the photo.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Speaking of Namus....So I was told by another Schertz PD lt. that her DNA definitely should be in the system (even though on her Namus profile it states there is no DNA available) so I contacted the case manager, Michael Nance, and he basically told me it wasnt Namus' problem and that the local LE or ME needed to fix it. Sooooo, heres hoping I can get Schertz to call me back AND call Namus....yikes....

And yes I will do that, Carbuff!!

So after going over the autopsy report with a fine tooth comb, I have some questions. I've tried googling these to get some answers but maybe some of you can help me "talk this out"?

Ok first, the two little girls that found her said she was lying face down in the culvert, however in the autopsy report it states "there was posterior dependent lividity" which to my understanding means the blood pooled to her back so she wouldve been lying on her back because gravity would pull the blood towards the ground. It also states she had been dead approximately 3-4 days.
Also it states there was pressure blanching in a rectangular shape over her right forhead so she wouldve been lying on something shaped in a rectangle (but again, the blood shouldve pooled to her front if she was lying face down, right??)

Also, it states she had fibrous adhesions all over her spleen, liver, fallopian tubes, ovaries, pelvis, and diaphragm.
Automatically I would think she had surgery and this was all scar tissue but there were no scars on her body and back in 1987 they didnt do ANY type of surgery without leaving a noticeable scar...so the other option would be frequent infections.
Going with the infection idea, she seemed to have had an infection at the time of death. It states her urine was cloudy, and she had purulent exudate in her fallopian tubes and they were dialated which Ive learned could mean infection.
So did she frequently see a dr? Could that possibly help us ID her? Well, probably not now but it may have helped back in 87...

Ok first, the two little girls that found her said she was lying face down in the culvert, however in the autopsy report it states "there was posterior dependent lividity" which to my understanding means the blood pooled to her back so she wouldve been lying on her back because gravity would pull the blood towards the ground. It also states she had been dead approximately 3-4 days.

That proves that she was lying on her back when she died, and she was moved to the position where she was found, and left face down. The "posterior dependent lividity" remained from her initial position.

In a nutshell, it indicates that she didn't die in the ditch. Her dead body was moved by someone.

Also it states there was pressure blanching in a rectangular ashape over her right forhead so she wouldve been lying on something shaped in a rectangle (but again, the blood shouldve pooled to her front if she was lying face down, right??)

If there was no matching object in the ditch, it may have come from the vehicle that transported her to where she was found.

That proves that she was lying on her back when she died, and she was moved to the position where she was found, and left face down. The "posterior dependent lividity" remained from her initial position.

In a nutshell, it indicates that she didn't die in the ditch. Her dead body was moved by someone.

If there was no matching object in the ditch, it may have come from the vehicle that transported her to where she was found.

Thanks Carl.
I guess because she sat in that ditch for possibly a while, it didnt make sense. I do not believe she walked on her own to that ditch because it indicates she was dragged to that ditch and kind of thrown. She had dried mud on her right knee of her jeans, grass on her only sock, grass in between her toes of her bare right foot, right hip and upper right thigh had grass stains, and her right knee had a 1/2 inch post mortem abrasion.

So maybe she took some drugs, fell asleep, and never woke up. Then, when they found her the next morning and realized she was dead, they dumped her face down in the culvert.

I thought of this as well. I actually have endometriosis too. It caused fertility problems for me. But I don't know if it would cause the adhesions everywhere else?

I think it can spread to other organs, but it is rare. Sounds like she likely received minimal to zero medical care based on autopsy results. Good work getting a hold of the AR!

I wonder if she was local, when she came to Centex, or if she was just passing through? I moved here in 1986 when the Houston o&g economy cratered, but I remember the area had recently had a mini-boom. Nothing like today of course @_@ but it does make me wonder about her background and why she ended up where she did. Sigh...

Sounds to me that she could have possibly has Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, and a pretty bad case at that. It could explain the fibrous adhesions and the cloudy urine/purulent drainage in the fallopian tubes. I would expect her to be in an immense amount of pain, however if she was using something in the lines of methadone, it could have been masking the pain.

The running theory by the cops is that she was picked up hitchhiking although that was never proven. I don't think she was local but I also don't think she was too far from home. Just my gut.

I need to read up on PID as I'm not familiar with it. I had such severe endo that I couldn't conceive without getting the adhesions removed however I wasn't in any more pain than a "normal" period. So I guess it varies.
All of her other organs were in good shape. Her lungs, her heart were healthy. Her teeth were well taken care. I think medically she was ok other than these adhesions...

Ok so my thoughts on this are...

PID-I cant find anywhere that states PID also involves string like fibrous adhesions on the liver, spleen, and diaphragm but that doesnt mean its not possible and that doesnt mean they werent two seperate infections.

Endo-I dont think its endo because endo has black spot like adhesions and these were "string like fibrous adhesions".

Either way, I agree that she was in some serious pain either sometimes, all the time, or during sexual intercourse.

Also, I dont think I mentioned her BAC was 0.01% which Ive learned is basically nothing. Couldve been mouthwash swallowed, I think. So either she wasnt drinking or she had a drink a long time before she died, which is unlikely because I dont think she was with these people for very long before she died.

FINALLY heard from the detective in this case and he told me some things. First of all, he has no PM photos in his case file. So I've asked the judge from the JP precinct to request any other documents the MEs office may have (including PM photos).
Also he told me that they do not have her clothes. They don't know where they are....ugh....there goes my suggestion of testing her clothes for foreign DNA...
He also said our Jane Doe may have been homeless. I'm not sure about that but maybe?
He said he had two good suspects in this case (one whose name showed up In a newspaper article, initials CL) and a friend of CL's but they claim they never knew her...

I made a flower arrangement and put some ribbon on it to write her "name" and date found so that people see it when they walk by. I'm taking it to her grave tomorrow. Will post pics after I get back.

FINALLY heard from the detective in this case and he told me some things. First of all, he has no PM photos in his case file. So I've asked the judge from the JP precinct to request any other documents the MEs office may have (including PM photos).
Also he told me that they do not have her clothes. They don't know where they are....ugh....there goes my suggestion of testing her clothes for foreign DNA...
He also said our Jane Doe may have been homeless. I'm not sure about that but maybe?
He said he had two good suspects in this case (one whose name showed up In a newspaper article, initials CL) and a friend of CL's but they claim they never knew her...

I made a flower arrangement and put some ribbon on it to write her "name" and date found so that people see it when they walk by. I'm taking it to her grave tomorrow. Will post pics after I get back.

You are so on this.❤

Newspaper article linked in your post #38. The L portion is of CL is confusing, hmmm...

Looking forward to seeing your photos, AddysMom.

You are so on this.[emoji173]

Newspaper article linked in your post #38. The L portion is of CL is confusing, hmmm...

Looking forward to seeing your photos, AddysMom.

Yes his initials are CL.
I'm going to speak with the retired officer who was lead on this case when it happened and I plan on asking him if he ever had her clothes in evidence or any PM photos in his case file. Because they sure aren't there now which is completely frustrating...but these things happen (I'll never fully understand how though!)

As always, I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for reading my updates :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav