Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be able to find a culvert in my neighborhood, I never notice them. Who would?

Could her father have left her there at the tree by the culvert as further punishment after she had been injured in the home? Maybe that's the tree her left her at and she then crawled into the culvert to be unreachable to him and died there from her injuries. Just thinking out loud.
The Father changed his story once her little body was found. Now he is saying he was trying to "assist" her in drinking milk at 3:00 in the morning in the garage and she choked and stopped breathing. He watched her die. Did it not occur to him to wake his wife who is an R.N.?

Since I have thought about it some more I think he was destroying evidence when he said he did laundry in the middle of the night. Imo, he was most likely washing all the evidence away that may have been on Sherin's clothing, and then redressed her afterwards. He also may have cleaned her body before relocating her to the culvert further destroying valuable evidence LE/ME will need in determining how and why she died.

That is why it took him an hour before he left the home with her body, imo.

JMO though

Yes the body has been released. The ME may know cause of death by now but I don't think the results will be disclosed if they are waiting for toxicology results which take a lot longer. I think I can take weeks for that.

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have really tried to read everything on here, but I may have missed this - what did he have this baby in the garage for at 3 AM? Why were they not in the kitchen or family room or whatever? For some reason this is really bugging me.

I have really tried to read everything on here, but I may have missed this - what did he have this baby in the garage for at 3 AM? Why were they not in the kitchen or family room or whatever? For some reason this is really bugging me.

One of the many questions we're waiting for an answer on. It's odd for sure.

Thanks for clarifying. So a concrete pipe that starts from underneath one side of the road and comes out the other side of the road as a catchment/drainage pipe for water when the road floods, and the water just sits stagnant in the grassy ditch until it all dries out?
Placement of culverts is actually more careful than you might think. There is always a slight slope, at least when they are initially put in. While it's common for a bit of pooling of water at either end to happen, due to earth erosion where the water hits the ground with the most force initially, the majority of it should continue to travel downhill, being absorbed to a degree as it goes.

From time to time work has to be done on ditches and other land it passes through to keep it moving steadily. I see this being done all the time where I live, particularly if the flow becomes blocked to the degree that it cannot drain off the roads efficiently.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would not be able to find a culvert in my neighborhood, I never notice them. Who would?

We don't have any here where i live, but they are normally called storm water drains here. And i agree, i wouldn't notice them either.

We don't have any here where i live, but they are normally called storm water drains here. And i agree, i wouldn't notice them either.
Storm drains and culverts are two entirely different things here in the US.

Placement of culverts is actually more careful than you might think. There is always a slight slope, at least when they are initially put in. While it's common for a bit of pooling of water at either end to happen, due to earth erosion where the water hits the ground with the most force initially, the majority of it should continue to travel downhill, being absorbed to a degree as it goes.

From time to time work has to be done on ditches and other land it passes through to keep it moving steadily. I see this being done all the time where I live, particularly if the flow becomes blocked to the degree that it cannot drain off the roads efficiently.

Yeah i was reading this article before, pretty in depth on it all.
http://ctre.iastate.edu/pubs/maint_worker/chap5.pdf

If the family vehicle left the house at around 4am. for an hour until 5am., and seeing as Sherin was found such a short distance from home less than a mile, wonder why it took WM so long to get back to the house?

I think you would notice this one. Especially if you drove by it everyday.

That 3rd pic is just from street view, what you see if you're stopped at the stop sign. (The top of the culvert is to your right.)
5f4ea522c094c8dbd5ebbb083e3b7379.jpg
f9fc29cb03912cb215d31c5694e7829a.jpg
ddc30151b1872ab5f28f7fcb0a9818a9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If the family vehicle left the house at around 4am. for an hour until 5am., and seeing as Sherin was found such a short distance from home less than a mile, wonder why it took WM so long to get back to the house?

Could it be that he may have driven around searching for a place to put her body and still have his pre-concocted "original" story make sense (such as, punished by forcing to stand outside at 3 a.m, with coyotes, etc.). MOO, just a theory, as I've wondered why 1 hour absence from 4 a.m. to 5 a.m.

I think you would notice this one. Especially if you drove by it everyday.

That 3rd pic is just from street view, what you see if you're stopped at the stop sign. (The top of the culvert is to your right.)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes if you lived in that area you would definitely notice the one Sherin was found at, as it bears that significance now.

Could it be that he may have driven around searching for a place to put her body and still have his pre-concocted "original" story make sense (such as, punished by forcing to stand outside at 3 a.m, with coyotes, etc.). MOO, just a theory, as I've wondered why 1 hour absence from 4 a.m. to 5 a.m.

Yes that could very well be the case if he didn't have a thought out place in mind to hide her somewhere. I would think he wouldn't want to take too long away from the house though, just in case his wife woke up? Probably in a big panic i would think.

Why has this death not been declared a homicide yet? What is the holdup here?

I was shocked when I read that he was 190lbs as I made the assumption that he was likely smaller. I very rarely see anyone from India who is large, not to say never, but it seems to be rare in my area. However, when we saw him being transported to the Dallas Jail, he did in fact appear to not only be on the heavy side, but also quite tall. I don't know how tall the officers etc were around him, but I think its fair to say they were likely of average height, and iirc WM looked large.

Then I started to wonder how on earth he could have got her into the culvert. Especially if she was as far in as "under the road".

One idea that comes to mind, that is a bit sickening, but does make it plausible that with his bigger frame he could have done it, is if he pushed her in as far as he could and then he went in backwards and pushed her with his feet in a sort of army crawl with his arms in front of him as this would make his shoulders thinner. It wouldn't have been easy, but people running off of adrenaline have been known to do the impossible. Also, if he had gone in feet first, he not only wouldn't have had to look at Sherin, but he would have had a good view of the opening of the culvert which would have given him a perspective of how far he had gone, as the area is dark at night and I can't imagine being able to see forward and through with the same perception as if you went in with your eye on the opening.

The "black pants" bugged me from the Amber Alert as it is HARD to find black clothes for babies and she likely only wore a 12-18 month size based on her height and weight. BUT if he had placed her in a dark place and wanted her to not be easily seen, black pants would have been a lot better than purple disney princesses pj top and bottoms with bright colored stars.... Which, tends to be what most little ones sleep in...

JMO on everything

That is possible, the army crawl, and that would put him getting back home at a later time, doing laundry to get the mud and muck off of them, probably tossed his shoes or washed them too, as those culverts, from my experience stay kinda damp even though it hasn't rained in a while (sorta like a basement in an older home). I do believe she'd had to have been wrapped up, or in some kind of gym bag, though, for him to be able to do that.

She may not have been in pajamas, we don't really know what time she passed. Though there are lots of pink and black, play and sleep sets, for little girls these days. She may also have slept in leggings and a top.

Why has this death not been declared a homicide yet? What is the holdup here?

(quote)
Why is Sherin Mathews' father charged with injury to a child, not murder?
When a child dies, there is often a public outcry to charge the person responsible with murder.

But what happened doesn’t always fit the legal definition of murder. Or prosecutors can’t prove it to a jury.
To charge Wesley Mathews with murder in Sherin's death, prosecutors must convince a jury that Mathews killed her “intentionally" or "knowingly." A jury must consider his intentions — did he either intend or know that his actions could cause Sherin’s death?
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/10/25/sherin-mathews-father-charged-injury-child-murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member