Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read through today, but I THINK the door on the back wall off to the right goes into a laundry room and then the door on the left I THINK accesses the fenced in back yard. Obviously, just speculation but saw in one of the earlier threads a possible layout for the home and the poster said that style was very popular there but couldn't verify if this was the home or not, but that layout did show a door off the garage into the yard... could be anything though as the wall looks to be slightly angled, we don't have an aerial view of the home to my knowledge to know if the garage is shaped like that on the outside. If not it could be a small sep office/man cave, room they store a deep freezer or spare fridge? Basically maybe a small temperature controlled room for those larger items? Just my opinion.

ETA the Google Maps sat photo. It does look like their may be a cut out in the garage based on the roof lines and what appears to be an awning attached. Going through the neighbourhood it appears awnings or gazebos are normal. The neighbour straight up has a whitish/beige one which is why i realized this was an awning and not a different shade of roofing.

attachment.php

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/91...0x9dbd5de4a104f76!8m2!3d32.9339947!4d-96.7141

The door to the right of the car, inside the garage, is the one that the individual enters, and also has the garage buttons beside it. I think it goes into the home. The one on the left of the car, I'm leaning toward storage, since there's no basement and obviously no storage space in the garage. I think you may be correct in that a freezer could go in there too. I was wondering b/c could that be where he took Sherin for her "milk"?

If the family vehicle left the house at around 4am. for an hour until 5am., and seeing as Sherin was found such a short distance from home less than a mile, wonder why it took WM so long to get back to the house?

I wonder how long it would take a man of his size to shimmy through a small culvert. I do think he likely drove around and discarded items, but I can't imagine it having been a fast "dump" of Sherin if he put her in that culvert. I would think we are looking at almost a half hour there, especially since he likely had to park discreetly and then carry her over. I think he was likely in a fight/flight response and acting on adrenaline so it would have been faster than if I had just up and decided to go place something in a culvert, but based on his size versus the size of the culvert I can't imagine it being as fast as he would have wanted.

The door to the right of the car, inside the garage, is the one that the individual enters, and also has the garage buttons beside it. I think it goes into the home. The one on the left of the car, I'm leaning toward storage, since there's no basement and obviously no storage space in the garage. I think you may be correct in that a freezer could go in there too. I was wondering b/c could that be where he took Sherin for her "milk"?

I know where I am (Canada) most people in our area tend to have a deep freezer, and many also have an extra fridge. These are often in sheds or garages if the home doesn't have a basement. So, if she needed to have nutritional drinks multiple times a day, it is possible they stocked up in an extra fridge in the garage. Perhaps that night he went to the kitchen and saw the inside fridge didn't have any left so he picked her up and they went to the garage to grab one and offered it to her and the garage wasn't normal or routine and just ended up being a complete fluke? JMO

I would have thought that the power item contents mentioned on the house search papers would be contents of items notated as being taken from the home. eg. clothes in the washing machine and dryer, or dvd in the drive of a laptop?

Hard to know about how the body was placed without a lot of other info (when, what condition, how contained, etc). However, If one wanted to get something deep inside, one way to go about it would involve running a line of some sort through (something thrown with the line attached, line attached to some sort of launch mechanism like bow/arrow, sending a small animal like a dog through with the line attached) and then pulling the body through to the center.

Not advocating for this scenario. Just presenting it as one possibility.

I'd thought of a plumber's snake. They come in 100' lengths, but, in either scenario, how to cut the attachment, after the body is 1/2 way in?

I'd thought of a plumber's snake. They come in 100' lengths, but, in either scenario, how to cut the attachment, after the body is 1/2 way in?

O/T but this just made me think that our google searches, and our theories etc probably have us all flagged by multiple gov agencies. It's amazing the thoughts you have and the things you search for when you are trying to put a morbid puzzle together :(

If the family vehicle left the house at around 4am. for an hour until 5am., and seeing as Sherin was found such a short distance from home less than a mile, wonder why it took WM so long to get back to the house?

He may have gone to a relative or friend ... to hold the body for awhile, or help him in some way.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know where I am (Canada) most people in our area tend to have a deep freezer, and many also have an extra fridge. These are often in sheds or garages if the home doesn't have a basement. So, if she needed to have nutritional drinks multiple times a day, it is possible they stocked up in an extra fridge in the garage. Perhaps that night he went to the kitchen and saw the inside fridge didn't have any left so he picked her up and they went to the garage to grab one and offered it to her and the garage wasn't normal or routine and just ended up being a complete fluke? JMO

It's not uncommon here, in my region, for us to have multiple fridges and freezers. I've got a small fridge, upstairs, for storing pop and adult beverages, and a large freezer in the basement for meats and such. So that makes sense with storing the nutritional drinks.

He may have gone to a relative or friend ... to hold the body for awhile, or help him in some way.

MOO

I know that the body being moved is a popular theory and is even a plausible one given the fact that the area had been searched. But the part of me that believes in humanity, just can't wrap their minds around someone saying "hey can you keep the body of my child while LE is looking around? OH and now i have an ankle monitor so can you dump her for me?" My brain just cannot accept that Sherin was "in storage" and then someone had the stomach to move a body in a stage of decomp that required dental records and the mom to look at photos of clothing instead of the body itself... :( If this does end up being the case I won't be shocked, but what kind of "human" can do that??
JMO

O/T but this just made me think that our google searches, and our theories etc probably have us all flagged by multiple gov agencies. It's amazing the thoughts you have and the things you search for when you are trying to put a morbid puzzle together :(
Indeed! I was researching ‘swingers’ the other week for a different case :)

Indeed! I was researching ‘swingers’ the other week for a different case :)

I have heard rumored that at times LE does pop in here when they are a bit stuck and that it helps them to think outside of the box a little bit. I think its great and that because of TOS requiring we post links to "facts" and theories/thoughts as such it would make it easier for them to navigate. So in that sense, I know its worth it, as it isn't just US sitting here theorizing, but rather could offer thoughts that LE may not have even considered. Like above where someone said they thought maybe a plumbers snake could have been used to pull Sherin into the culvert. These are such random little things, but if LE remembers seeing an item like this, or found a receipt for one recently etc, it could really help them. I don't know if they are watching this thread, I am guessing not based on the amount of evidence they already collected, but so many seem to require the public help that small snippets like that could very well give assistance. Again I just heard this was a rumor they show up here at times, but if it's true it's very cool!!

I've often told my DH that if anyone were to ever search my computer and look thru my Google searches while I'm following a case, there would be a lot of raised eyebrows for sure! ;)

I've often told my DH that if anyone were to ever search my computer and look thru my Google searches while I'm following a case, there would be a lot of raised eyebrows for sure! ;)

:laughing:

Same. I'm sure many of my searches would, at the very least, be embarrassing to explain and perhaps flag me lol

I figure that I'm on a watch list somewhere... I signed on, April 2016, when the Rhoden murders occurred (still following that one). I'm surprised I've not had a knock on the door from all the research on just that one. :eek:hoh:

It's probably not very significant, but I'm still confused as to the mothers remarks, when identifying the clothing.

"Could have been something her daughter wore."

"https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-dallas-morning-news/20171025/281487866598060

I can understand perhaps not remembering exactly what your child wore to bed, but how can you not know those are definitely her clothes? Purchasing them, doing laundry, picking up dirty clothes and putting them in the hamper, dressing the child, folding them and putting them away..... Either she has the worst memory in history or she did 0 chores around the house/doesn't come into contact with her childrens' clothing much, which I find bizarre.

I don't know if we are allowed to post youtube videos but I am going to link this one because it shows firefighter training going through a culvert and how difficult it is. It does't say the size of the culvert, but they say that it starts out bigger and gets smaller on the other end. It is a tight fit obviously, but the culvert they are using appears to be about the size of the one Sherin was found in (at the end) and these men are wearing equipment and pushing equipment through with them as it won't fit on their back. Just sort of proved to me that it really would be possible for a bigger man to fit, if a firefighter with full gear can get through then surely a determined person dumping a body could... IMO

It's a short video but IMO worth a look because it really does make WM dumping Sherin in that culvert seem far easier than many of us have assumed...

[video=youtube;Skr6dnxaqiw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skr6dnxaqiw[/video]

I would have thought that the power item contents mentioned on the house search papers would be contents of items notated as being taken from the home. eg. clothes in the washing machine and dryer, or dvd in the drive of a laptop?
Best explanation I've seen so far on these contents. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's probably not very significant, but I'm still confused as to the mothers remarks, when identifying the clothing.

"Could have been something her daughter wore."

"https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-dallas-morning-news/20171025/281487866598060

I can understand perhaps not remembering exactly what your child wore to bed, but how can you not know those are definitely her clothes? Purchasing them, doing laundry, picking up dirty clothes and putting them in the hamper, dressing the child, folding them and putting them away..... Either she has the worst memory in history or she did 0 chores around the house/doesn't come into contact with her childrens' clothing much, which I find bizarre.

I took this with a grain of salt because they were showing her photos, and she likely didn't want to admit to herself that her child was dead and her husband knew :( BUT the photos of the clothes likely would have been the clothes very filthy and hard to recognize. They wouldn't have washed them up as they will be evidence in court (or might be), so they may have had bodily fluids and stains causing colors to be different. Also, if she was missing in a pink shirt and black pants and that's what they found her in (this hasn't been confirmed), it would be difficult to know if those were Sherin's black pants. I am just speculating, but heck, go online shopping for clothes where they are trying to make them look good, it's hard to know what you will be receiving and many reviews often say the item was not the same color etc as in the photo. Many sites now say "color will be slightly different based on your monitor" but if you have ever taken photos you know color often doesn't show up the way it appears in real life. So with dirt, decomp, debris and possible holes or other damage to the clothes, it would be hard to know without physically touching and seeing them if they were 100% your childs IMO. Even if she was able to handle the items and get a feel for their size and such, the state the clothes were in could still throw a person off...

MOO

I was thinking that maybe had a panicked plan of dumping her someplace else a little further away. But then maybe he saw cars parked around that area or something and thought maybe he'd be seen so he tried another location. That's what I think might have happened and why he finally decided on the place he did. And that's what took all that time. Could they tell how many miles he drove in that time period, by chance? These cars have so much computer info in them these days it seems. But also involving a family member could be it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member