Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did CPS fail to protect this child?

Were the doctors even reporting these injuries? Editing to add that I see the testimony from the physician about reporting the injuries.

I am just sick. Sick! That little precious bundle of love with the sweet smile...to think she could even manage a smile when she was being tortured at home...omg.

I hope their biological child is safe with Sini’s family if that’s where they place her. They should not be allowed to see her EVER.

Were the doctors even reporting these injuries?

I am just sick. Sick! That little precious bundle of love with the sweet smile...to think she could even manage a smile when she was being tortured at home...omg.

I hope their biological child is safe with Sini’s family if that’s where they place her. They should not be allowed to see her EVER.

Bio child is already living with Sini's brother, his wife and her parents. I really really really hope CPS is watching and popping in every five seconds! I am scared they are going to hop a plane out of the country :(

moo

I alerted to that one also. A broken femur is very serious and quite painful. Leg muscles are very strong, and when the femur is broken, the muscle contracts and pulls on the broken bone--sometimes causing a bone end to protrude through the skin. Also, the femur is one of the strongest bones in the body. I'm picturing a body cast.

It’s no wonder she had no appetite - she was constantly in pain! And no wonder she had developmental delays...how could she develop normally in those circumstances?

After reading today's developments, I am beyond sick.
I am a LSW/ RN who has worked for a Tribal CPS program. There were so many times that I was ordered to return children to families who had no right to have their children returned to them, and to remove children from families who should never have been removed. Case loads are heavy and you have to go by what your supervisor says most of the time whether or not you agree. You can disagree in your report, but for the most part, you must abide by your supervisor's ruling. However, had this case come in front of me, I would have ordered both children removed, job be damned. CPS dropped the ball here. Majorly. You don't just return children because you cannot decide who the abuser is. Sick, sick, sick. In most cases, especially in Tribal cases, the child must be placed with a suitable relative if at all possible, but you know that the excluded parent is going to have visits and in most cases there is nothing we can do about it. I know that the preference with regular CPS as well is to place children with families, but in this case with the flight risk I would have ordered them placed in the system with no contact from family until it was sorted out. This case just makes me sad.

What makes me the saddest is (IMO) I think the abuser may have been Sini. I remember a while back (sorry, can't remember the source but I believe it was MSM) that stated that Wesley was the main caretaker and that Sini was not very involved in Sherin's care. I wonder if Wesley was the one who pushed for the adoption and Sini was not on board with it and took it out on Sherin. I wonder that Wesley isn't just taking the blame for everything to protect her so she will (unlikely as it seems) get the bio daughter back (although I don't see that happening at all, or at least I hope not.) Ugh. This case just makes me so sick.

JMO, of course

How do you regularly abuse a child? What sort of conscience does that take? When we were kids, my mother was an angry depressed woman.. it was evident. Another victim of a patriarchal culture.. When we did wrong - we were beat (me more so, as a middle child, i think by the time my brother came around she was tired). I remember belts and spoons, but it was 1 or 2 swats.. and we learned our lesson and moved on. (Not excusing anything - just providing context).. I feel like that was another time and place.

With y own daughter, she is now 18 months old and WILD. I kind of felt that to date, trying to discipline would be an exercise in futility.. ButI think its time.. and while I am trying to establish the counting system, i was on my last nerve this morning and swatted her on the butt. I dont think she was hurt, she walked away laughing (yeh, Im mom of the year)... But I immediately felt HORRIBLE. So taking that into account, how do you HURT your children everyday?!!! or regularly ??

I stated before that the ME reports will be horrific. But I was not prepared for the custody hearig to be so.. Telling.

Why did they even adopt her???

Given how quickly after adoption CPS alleged she was in the hospital for a broken/fractured elbow, I am definitely leaning away from the MSM interview with a church member (i believe) that had said they continued with the adoption to give thanks to God for their Bio-child. I am leaning more towards the idea that they were already in the process of adopting when they conceived, when they gave birth one of the parents was likely abusive and they decided to proceed with the adoption in order to protect their bio daughter? I only consider that because of the CPS lawyer asking both parents if they considered Sherin to be "damaged goods". Both plead the 5th to that question. But, if they always considered her "damaged goods" or a throw away, disposable 'thing' it could have been emotionally easier to hurt her as she didn't have the same "value" as their own child. Of course it also could have been a typical bad marriage type of scenario where when things get bad, you have another child to try and fix the relationship and it is good for awhile while you are focused on the upcoming arrival, and then the exhaustion of a new child hits and the depression and intimacy etc all rear their ugly heads again and the entire home becomes toxic. Perhaps they figured things would be easier if bio child had a sibling of the same age to entertain her? So many what ifs and maybes. Unless one of them is offered a really really good deal, I can't imagine we will ever know the truth, and even then, it will only be truth enough to meet their end of the deal...

JMO

The pediatrician apparently also testified that in addition to the broken arm and leg bones, Sherin also had broken ribs. The questions regarding 'did Sherin vomit that night and did you wash her clothes' makes me wonder if she wasn't beaten and died of internal injuries. Wesley telling police that he was holding Sherin and she became cold and stiff adds to my suspicion. He then supposedly woke up Sini and told her something terrible had happened. I wonder if the translation could be: "You beat her too hard this time and she just died"
Poor darling. No wonder she didn't eat. She must have been crying in pain.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The pediatrician apparently also testified that in addition to the broken arm and leg bones, Sherin also had broken ribs. The questions regarding 'did Sherin vomit that night and did you wash her clothes' makes me wonder if she wasn't beaten and died of internal injuries. Wesley telling police that he was holding Sherin and she became cold and stiff adds to my suspicion. He then supposedly woke up Sini and told her something terrible had happened. I wonder if the translation could be: "You beat her too hard this time and she just died"

Rocco I couldn’t agree with you more on this post.
I in no way think WM is innocent, but I still stand by my thought of fricking “mom” had a huge hand in this travesty. I’ve been keeping up with Gabriel Fernandez and the step dad part of the trial ... CPS not intervening when it was absolutely to the detriment of that poor little guy.... and now Sherin?? I was hoping along with everyone else this was a moment of sheer anger fueled negligence, but I now see this little baby suffered more than she ever EVER should have. I am so angry, and I don’t know this little girl, but she never deserved anything but a happy healthy life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s no wonder she had no appetite - she was constantly in pain! And no wonder she had developmental delays...how could she develop normally in those circumstances?

Fact!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you regularly abuse a child? What sort of conscience does that take? When we were kids, my mother was an angry depressed woman.. it was evident. Another victim of a patriarchal culture.. When we did wrong - we were beat (me more so, as a middle child, i think by the time my brother came around she was tired). I remember belts and spoons, but it was 1 or 2 swats.. and we learned our lesson and moved on. (Not excusing anything - just providing context).. I feel like that was another time and place.

With y own daughter, she is now 18 months old and WILD. I kind of felt that to date, trying to discipline would be an exercise in futility.. ButI think its time.. and while I am trying to establish the counting system, i was on my last nerve this morning and swatted her on the butt. I dont think she was hurt, she walked away laughing (yeh, Im mom of the year)... But I immediately felt HORRIBLE. So taking that into account, how do you HURT your children everyday?!!! or regularly ??

I stated before that the ME reports will be horrific. But I was not prepared for the custody hearig to be so.. Telling.

Thank God for this doctor, and her feeling the need to report this to CPS. Also, do innocent people plea the fifth? If you have nothing to hide, would you not speak the truth for your daughter?

I have a daughter and son and step daughter... the step daughter is a difficult child at times but even though she’s not mine, and even though she’s a handful.... she’s still a child. I think adopting a child is kind of (but not totally) alike. I have a dear friend who adopted a child and he was older when they adopted him and he has a lot of issues with anger..... but they are getting him help, and like my stepdaughter, the realize he is a kid, and kids aren’t always easy. It’s maybe not a question of why adopt, but maybe a question of why adopt when you couldn’t love this child as if they are your own? Because that’s what adoption is, even more than step parenting.... I don’t know, just a though out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was anyone to know that Sini and Wesley would turn out to be the parents from Hell? I get that CPS shoulda, woulda, coulda but in the end it's Sini and Wesley who tortured and murdered Sherin.

Shame on everyone who failed Sherin, including the pediatrician who didn't insist on a more rigorous investigation, and CPS who dropped the ball but in the end it was Sherin's own adoptive parents who treated her as a subhuman and felt they could do as they pleased to her with no concern of the impact on her.

No amount of explaining by either parent will ever mitigate the hateful treatment of Sherin.

I just caught up on today's news . I can't even focus enough to make a reply to all of your inciteful comments . I had no doubt the facts would be far worse than we thought but this is over the top . Oh my gosh , I thought I could handle this but it's obvious I can't . Beyond evil , the abuse this precious little child endured .

I wonder what they told the doctor about how Sherin fractured an arm a leg and ribs? Did those fractures occur in the home or outside the home where there might have been witnesses? Like for example if she fell off of a swing or play gym at a park or something similar? Wonder what about it the Doctor thought was suspicious enough to report to CPS? Children do have accidents after all especially when they are toddlers and very young.

I wonder what they told the doctor about how Sherin fractured an arm a leg and ribs? Did those fractures occur in the home or outside the home where there might have been witnesses? Like for example if she fell off of a swing or play gym at a park or something similar? Wonder what about it the Doctor thought was suspicious enough to report to CPS? Children do have accidents after all especially when they are toddlers and very young.

For the elbow injury, Sini said the other daughter had pushed Sherin off the couch when they were goofing around. For the arm injuries, she said Sherin was starting to fall down some steps so she grabbed her arm/s (however the doctor said the break wasn't consistent with that happening). Sini also claimed Sherin's bones would break because she had a vitamin D deficiency but there was no documentation in her medical records of a Vitamin D deficiency. She also said the injuries occurred in India when Sherin was at Physical Therapy but medical personnel stated the injuries did not occur in India, they occurred after she arrived here.

For the elbow injury, Sini said the other daughter had pushed Sherin off the couch when they were goofing around. For the arm injuries, she said Sherin was starting to fall down some steps so she grabbed her arm/s (however the doctor said the break wasn't consistent with that happening). Sini also claimed Sherin's bones would break because she had a vitamin D deficiency but there was no documentation in her medical records of a Vitamin D deficiency. She also said the injuries occurred in India when Sherin was at Physical Therapy but medical personnel stated the injuries did not occur in India, they occurred after she arrived here.

Oh right, thanks for clarifying. I guess it will be interesting what testimony the doctor and others state at Trial if i imagine there is a Trial in this case going forward?

Here is most of the part part that was live. I didn’t start immediately but when I found out some were out of area I captured it until we lost it.
Nbc5 dfwt

[video]https://www.facebook.com/grouchymom/videos/vb.1278392566/10214980739213457/?type=2&theater[/video]

On google drive
[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=19VZnMSNniox8XvyPJrTo_fToOqPwOJVGIf [/video]

Thanks so much for that, Grouchymom. It's so frustrating to have them plead the fifth to everything!! Ugh

I wonder why Sini hasn’t tried to bond out of there? IMO she is 100% guilty of hurting this little angel and should NEVER be anywhere alone with a child again. And personally from initial pictures while in India, I do not believe that Sini ever wanted the child. Her expressions are always so glum in those pictures, she is never radiant like I would be to have this angel in my home and raise her as my daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675