GUILTY TX - Teketria Buggs, 12, Orchard, 2 December 2005

Link I posted earlier may not be same Corey Brooks.
Hard to tell, the reports vary. Some say 21, this one says 16yrs old.

<snip>
Fort Bend Chief Deputy Craig Brady said Carrington was always a suspect in the case of another missing person, Cory Brooks.

Brooks was 16 years old when he was last seen at Carrington’s house in June 1998. He would be 24 years old.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/fortbend/stories/khou051208_ac_suspect.c0ace16.html

It sounds to me like the Corey Brooks on the charlie project site is the same one. I checked the Texas Dept. of Public Safety site and he is not listed there as a missing person though.:confused:

:( :innocent: Hello all! I have been reading about this case all day. Maybe someone can help me on this? Was the home teke missing from steven carringtons? because corey brooks was said to be missing from that property also. Also, was the mother gone for the night and the stepdad was home?

hotmomma35 said:
:( :innocent: Hello all! I have been reading about this case all day. Maybe someone can help me on this? Was the home teke missing from steven carringtons? because corey brooks was said to be missing from that property also. Also, was the mother gone for the night and the stepdad was home?

Hi hotmomma, Welcome to WS!
I am not positive about the home, but yes I think it was Carrington's. Which kind of confuses me, because the links that say he went missing from the same property also say that he went missing from a family reunion and that Carrington was an aquaintance.
And yes from what I have read, the mother was at someone else's home because of a death in the family (maybe her mother's?). But there was a woman in the home, that I thought was described as the children's grandmother. Possibly his mother?

Trying hard not to post too much here as per the TOS.

<Snip>

Buggs had been asleep on the couch with another child when investigators believe she left at around 2 a.m. with someone she knew.

"There was a person who was residing at that residence who heard a vehicle leave at about 2 o'clock in the morning and from another source, they were informed that that was purportedly to go purchase some gasoline," Chief Deputy Craig Brady of the Ft. Bend County Sheriff's department.

"I find it rather unlikely that an intruder would have been able to come in and abduct her in that manner without alerting anyone else in the residence," Dep. Brady said.

"After the girl disappeared, individuals came forward with information implicating this same individual in the disappearance of Corey Brooks," Dep. Brady said.

Investigators also revealed Thursday that Carrington was the suspect in the disappearance of another child back in 1998.

They said 16-year-old Corey Lynn Brooks was last seen alive in Carrington's home. He would be 24 years old now.

That home is the same place from which Buggs disappeared.

Investigators believe Brooks is dead and since his body has never been found, charges have not been filed in that case.

Carrington is in jail on a $3,000 bond in an unrelated domestic violence case.

Authorities said he is talking, but not saying anything indicating he is responsible for his step-daughter's disappearance. Investigators said they didn't have anything in the case to charge him with yet.

Deputy Brady said Carrington was always a suspect in the case of another missing person, Corey Brooks.

M_IMAGE.107ffbd4393.93.88.fa.d0.d16867e.jpg
KHOU-TV

Corey Lynn Brooks was last seen alive with Steven Carrington.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/fortbend/stories/khou051208_ac_suspect.c0ace16.html

It sounds like the last time Corey Brooks family saw him was at a family reunion but the last place he was seen by anyone was at Carrington's house.

I wonder what this guy told the little girl to get her to leave the house with him. Maybe she was awake when he came home from the bar or wherever he had been at 2:00 and he asked her to go with him to get gas. I think someone said he left to go get gas? Why didn't he get gas on the way home if that was the case? Sounds like an excuse he used to leave the house again but with the little girl. If he had been "out" he had probably been drinking or drugging and tried to get funny with the little girl. Maybe she resisted and he ended up killing her. Just a guess but it makes sense.

I wonder if the assult charges this guy was arrested for...the warrent...have to do with this family? I wonder if he had abused the mother? I hope not.

It seems that everytime I turn around a mother's boyfriend is kidnaping, raping or murdering her chldren/child. I know it is really just a handful of boyfriends that are guilty but it sure seems like a lot. I don't know what single women are supposed to do in this day and age to insure a man is a safe person to have around her children. Maybe a criminal background check would be a good idea. But if the guy has never done anything before or never been caught at it you still don't know anything. A scary day and age to be a single parent. I know this couple are married but she was a single mother before she met him.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder what this guy told the little girl to get her to leave the house with him. Maybe she was awake when he came home from the bar or wherever he had been at 2:00 and he asked her to go with him to get gas. I think someone said he left to go get gas? Why didn't he get gas on the way home if that was the case? Sounds like an excuse he used to leave the house again but with the little girl. If he had been "out" he had probably been drinking or drugging and tried to get funny with the little girl. Maybe she resisted and he ended up killing her. Just a guess but it makes sense.

exactly my theory.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder if the assult charges this guy was arrested for...the warrent...have to do with this family? I wonder if he had abused the mother? I hope not.

It seems that everytime I turn around a mother's boyfriend is kidnaping, raping or murdering her chldren/child. I know it is really just a handful of boyfriends that are guilty but it sure seems like a lot. I don't know what single women are supposed to do in this day and age to insure a man is a safe person to have around her children. Maybe a criminal background check would be a good idea. But if the guy has never done anything before or never been caught at it you still don't know anything. A scary day and age to be a single parent. I know this couple are married but she was a single mother before she met him.

Still, Carrington was arrested Monday on an unrelated outstanding warrant for family violence. Teketria's mother doesn't want to think about Carrington being labeled the prime suspect in her daughter's disappearance.

Carrington is in custody at the Fort Bend County jail, held on that family violence warrant.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?s...ocal&id=3705137

He isn't charged with assault. He is charged with family violence. My guess would be against the mother, though that is just a guess.
I think that the child's disappearance is probably related to sexual abuse and I believe it has probably been something that has gone on for sometime.
The description of Tekrita - she sleeps on the couch, she acts younger than her age, but she makes good grades in school. Those are on the indicator list for ongoing sexual abuse and lead me to believe this may have been a problem. IMO.

I think the mother has been suspicious of b/f from the start .and I bet when and if they find this poor little girl they find corey too.:( have they checked his car?

aussiegran said:
I think the mother has been suspicious of b/f from the start .and I bet when and if they find this poor little girl they find corey too.:( have they checked his car?

I don't think the mother has clue. She isn't talking about the bf much, but when she does there are no pleas, no condeming, nothing like that. She doesn't really defend him, she just doesn't say much about him.

mysteriew said:
I don't think the mother has clue. She isn't talking about the bf much, but when she does there are no pleas, no condeming, nothing like that. She doesn't really defend him, she just doesn't say much about him.
I think she is SCARED to death of him....IMO

WOW the way some people live their lives....and I think I have had problems sometimes...mine are nothing compared to some women....

Ft. Bend Co. Sheriff's Dept. calls off search for missing girl

(12/9/05 - KTRK/ORCHARD, TX) - Authorities are calling off their search for a missing Ft. Bend County girl. They've been looking for 12-year-old Teketria Buggs of Orchard, who was last seen late Friday night.

A dive team with the Texas Department of Public Safety spent much of Friday in the water of the Brazos River -- one of two locations where cadaver dogs picked up some sort of scent earlier this week.

"You will probably find something," said Ft. Bend County Sheriff Milton Wright. "It won't necessarily be a human body, but there will be something there."

More: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=3711643

A tip led authorities to expand their search to include a home near where Teketria Buggs' home is.

Bugss is the 12-year-old who has been missing for seven days and whose stepfather is a suspect in the case.

~snip~

Although they won't talk about it, several investigators are again searching the neighboring home.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou051209_cd_amber.12110097.html

As the search for missing 12-year-old Teketria Buggs continues, the connection between her disappearance and the involvement of her stepfather Steven Carrington remains under investigation.

Chief Deputy Craig Brady said Carrington has always been a suspect in Brooks' disappearance, and was also questioned in that case. However, there were never any charges filed in that case.

Brady added that Carrington is still being questioned in the case of Buggs' disappearance.

"(Investigators) are actively working that connection," Brady said.
http://www.herald-coaster.com/articles/2005/12/09/news/news03.txt

Terriann Carlson, spokeswoman for the sheriff's office, said Carrington remains a "strong person of interest" in the disappearance of Teketria, but that no charges have been filed.

"He has been to some point cooperative," Carlson said. "He has been questioned and he has been available and answered some of our questions."

"As far as the sheriff's office is concerned about doing a search for Teketria right now, that part is being held back," Carlson said. "We'll focus merely on the investigation unless there is a strong or compelling point that brings us back to searching the area."

Carlson said some in the sheriff's office have indicated they would be surprised if Teketria were found alive.

"It doesn't look very hopeful, although we do still have hope to find her," Carlson said.

Norma Moss, Teketria's paternal grandmother, who last saw her four years ago, said she thinks the girl is alive. She said she wants the sheriff's office to continue its search.

Moss said it is uncharacteristic for Teketria to be missing.

She said when the girl has stayed with her in the past that she wouldn't walk to the restroom without a light being on.

"She was a very timid, frightened child, especially of the dark," Moss said.

"She's very afraid of the dark. In the area in which she was living, there's no way that she would just get up and just leave at night."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3515789.html

She is just dead like so many others. Grandmas tales are only that. They will protect their sons till they die. Sorry for being so brutal. But I am sick of being politically correct when we feel otherwise. I am sick of children being dissed for whatever the perp has on the agenda. I am tired of people protecting the perps. I am sorry for the children who never seem to have a chance. I am just so sorry. Some of these kids have really great spirits...they shine. We will learn more later.

concernedperson said:
She is just dead like so many others. Grandmas tales are only that. They will protect their sons till they die. Sorry for being so brutal. But I am sick of being politically correct when we feel otherwise. I am sick of children being dissed for whatever the perp has on the agenda. I am tired of people protecting the perps. I am sorry for the children who never seem to have a chance. I am just so sorry. Some of these kids have really great spirits...they shine. We will learn more later.
I agree CP and this Grandma hasnt seen her for 4 years :eek: how would she know much about this poor little thing.I see my grandkids every day ,I am so lucky .I hope they find Teketria soon.:(

When i google for Teeky updates, the first hit says article found about Teeky....that her

parents first reported her as a runaway. can't seem to get this updated article to show though. can anyone help. thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkjug
Back