GUILTY TX - Teketria Buggs, 12, Orchard, 2 December 2005

I am so sick of this. Little kids. Missing then found dead. Daddies and boyfriends implicated, then proven to be connected. I am just so sick of it!
Prayers for her family, she is at peace, but their pain is just beginning.

aussiegran said:
Glad they found her ,I hope they get DNA or evidence .:behindbar

With her being found now there's a lot better chance of finding evidence to convict whoever did this. It has been over a week but hopefully the clues are there.

mysteriew said:
I am so sick of this. Little kids. Missing then found dead. Daddies and boyfriends implicated, then proven to be connected. I am just so sick of it!
Prayers for her family, she is at peace, but their pain is just beginning.
It is the MOMMIES that need to be protecting their children....if you are in a violent situation....GET OUT....sadly, most of these women don't have the means or wherewithall to do that...they are trapped in a lot of these situations.....

RCOOKE said:
With her being found now there's a lot better chance of finding evidence to convict whoever did this. It has been over a week but hopefully the clues are there.
Well if it is the step-father....then they finally have something on him to put him away....too bad it didn't happen when the other missing person case pointed the finger at him....now he has taken 2 lives

joanofarc said:
Well if it is the step-father....then they finally have something on him to put him away....too bad it didn't happen when the other missing person case pointed the finger at him....now he has taken 2 lives

If it's him first we will have to listen about how hard a life he had and how it's not his fault. The suspects always have tons of rights while the victim(s) and their families have very few.

Maybe this will convince a few people to donate (time or money) to their local domestic violence shelter. I agree with you that women have to have somewhere to go when they find themself with one of these creeps.

joanofarc said:
It is the MOMMIES that need to be protecting their children....if you are in a violent situation....GET OUT....sadly, most of these women don't have the means or wherewithall to do that...they are trapped in a lot of these situations.....

How do they get out? They can go to a court and file charges against him, so that he can get out in a few days and kill them. Or they can go get a piece of paper to have sent to him that tells him he is in big trouble, and if he goes to her and kills her then he will be in big trouble.
So many times domestic violence victims aren't seen as victims (even by themselves) and not enough attention is being paid to the danger these guys represent.

Especially when they have kids with him. He can play the poor daddy being separated from his kids, and then the mother has to worry about daddy pulling a Gehring and disappearing/killing her precious kids.

My husband has always wanted to open a business offering protection for women in situations like this. The problem is that he would risk his neck and most of his clients would never be able to pay.

Attorneys joke that being a family lawyer doing divorce/child custody work is a quick way to get yourself killed.

mysteriew said:
So many times domestic violence victims aren't seen as victims (even by themselves) and not enough attention is being paid to the danger these guys represent.
For some women, I guess, domestic violence is just "normal" everyday behavior....having grown up that way...being beaten as a child etc. They have never seen or felt anything different except years of horrible physical abuse....so maybe some don't even realize that as a woman in a free country such as the U.S., you don't have to live like that....but as a minority you have an uphill struggle just to overcome the stigma surrounding the circumstance.....no where to turn....so sad....:(

I thought we should put it here too.

Teketria was last seen sleeping on a couch in her family's home in Orchard, TX in Fort Bend County in the first week of December. A major search has been underway ever since.

According to authorities with Equusearch, Teketria's body was discovered just after noon today. Investigators of the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office confirm they have received information that an unidentified body has been located in the Brazos River just south of FM 1489. Law enforcement officials caution there has been no confirmation that this is Teketria.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=3728863
>>>>>>>>>>
:( :(

joanofarc said:
For some women, I guess, domestic violence is just "normal" everyday behavior....having grown up that way...being beaten as a child etc. They have never seen or felt anything different except years of horrible physical abuse....so maybe some don't even realize that as a woman in a free country such as the U.S., you don't have to live like that....but as a minority you have an uphill struggle just to overcome the stigma surrounding the circumstance.....no where to turn....so sad....:(

That is just the point. In the US, a domestic abuser will often get a suspended sentence and probation, maybe a fine that goes to the court. A protection order, is only in effect a warning to the abusers. But in order to be eligible for a protective order, they almost have to committed a crime anyway. And a protective order (in spite of it's name) does not offer any type of protection, only penalties if they break it. And those penalties aren't that severe.
Often the only recourse for a victim is to move to another area of the country, change their name and more or less go underground. And if they have kids, they can't do that because of visitation orders.

It looks as though they found her body in the Brazos River. There is an article at khou, but I can't get it as I am not registered there.

mysteriew said:
That is just the point. In the US, a domestic abuser will often get a suspended sentence and probation, maybe a fine that goes to the court. A protection order, is only in effect a warning to the abusers. But in order to be eligible for a protective order, they almost have to committed a crime anyway. And a protective order (in spite of it's name) does not offer any type of protection, only penalties if they break it. And those penalties aren't that severe.
Often the only recourse for a victim is to move to another area of the country, change their name and more or less go underground. And if they have kids, they can't do that because of visitation orders.
For sure all they get is a slap on the hands & allowed to go back & harass the true victime.

Nancy Grace just said they think they have found Teekie Bugs body in a body of water in texas. The guy who does the sonar stuff says he thinks they have located her body. so sad

waiting for more news!

HOUSTON -- The body of a missing 12-year-old Orchard girl was found Thursday, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Officials said six volunteers with Texas EquuSearch found the body in the Brazos River just south of FM 1489.

Sheriff's investigators confirmed the body is that of Teketria Buggs, known by friends as Teeky Bugg, who was last seen asleep on a couch at her home in the 9000 block of Johnson Road in Orchard on Dec. 2.

"We spotted her floating and just had that feeling that she was in that water. It doesn't make it any easier -- it's a little 12-year-old girl. It's real hard, but at least she's found," said Tim Miller, with Texas EquuSearch.

Investigators recovered the body out of the river at about 4:15 p.m.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/5545442/detail.html

I am so sorry this is the outcome but at least she was found, may she rest in peace.

Pretty much says the same thing. Her biological dad was just on and said he was turning his life around and God was going to be a big part of it. Poor man.

Body of missing 12-year-old girl has been found

Family identifies clothing and jewelry

(12/15/05 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - The ongoing search for 12-year-old Teketria Buggs has come to a tragic end.

Teketria was last seen sleeping on a couch in her family's home in Orchard, TX in Fort Bend County in the first week of December. A major search has been underway ever since.

According to authorities with Equusearch, Teketria's body was discovered in the Brazos River just south of FM 1489 just after noon Thursday.

Chief deputy Craig Brady with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Department says family members have identified clothing and jewelry on the body as belonging to Teketria. Although the body has been sent to the medical examiner's office for an autopsy, the sheriff's department is classifying the case as a homicide. Investigators say there were signs of trauma on the body, but they won't elaborate further.

Officials say they believe Teketria has been in the river since she was reported missing. Teketria's stepfather Steven Carrington is considered a suspect in this case. He is still being held on an unrelated domestic violence charge.
(Copyright © 2005, KTRK-TV)
http://www.abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=3728863

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liskfanatic63