Identified! TX - Terrell, LIVING woman w/ amnesia, Aug'07 - Stacy Forbes

I just want to extend my thanks to all posters who kept their eyes open. It is nice when there is a good outcome.

On to the next needle in that haystack................

I sorry but I don't understand I didnt post an link to her name? That is why I copy and pasted the info from topix and I was careful not to copy her name when I post what she said....Where are you seeing that I posted a link that would show her name?

I went back and looked and I dont see anywhere where I posted a link that anybody would be able to see her name, I thought I was being quite careful????

Ok here is the original story that this person responded too on topix

Student upset about opinion column in Del Mar newspaper

var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Jul 2, 2006 9:58 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);July 2, 2006 09:58 PM EDT
100115_G.jpg
pxl_trans.gif
5105358_BG2.jpg
pxl_trans.gif
if (document.layers) {document.write(''); document.close();}coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');
pxl_trans.gif

CORPUS CHRISTI - A Del Mar College student said he's outraged about what he calls a racist column printed in the campus newspaper - The Foghorn. 6 News talked with the student who feels the article is an insult to Hispanics.
"I'm really angry about this," said Joseph Ramirez. "For something like this to be written, it's like a slap in the face." Ramirez a student at the Del Mar East Campus was shocked when he read this opinion column "Learning to Speak English Necessary".
In it, the Editor-in-Chief Marissa Edwards, who's German talks about how she had to learn to speak the language after moving to America. In her column she writes, "'Habla Espanol?' This is not a question I always want to hear while living in America. Last time I checked, South Texas is a part of the United States, where the majority of citizens speak English."
Comments Joseph finds offensive. He said, "Those comments that's when I thought ok, this is very racist." He said he wasn't the only one offended. "I saw people reacting to the article making comments like this is racist, things of that nature."

"One of the comments, so why do we still allow people to live here without even knowing English, so right there it basically states if you don't know English then get out of here," said Ramirez.

Joseph said he not angry at the college, but is upset the column was published. Ramirez said he was so outraged after reading the column that he called to leave a message for the editor-in-chief who wrote the opinion asking for an apology.

"I feel that an apology should be granted because, this is something that I know by the people that I saw it has created hard feelings, it's hurt some feelings," he said.
6 News talked to journalism instructor Robert Muilenburg who approved the column. He said the column doesn't reflect the opinion of the newspaper or school. While he said he thought the column would cause a stir, he doesn't believe the comments are racist and The Foghorn won't be issuing an apology.

HERE IS WHAT THE PERSON SAME FIRST AND LAST NAME CORPUS CHRISTI TEXAS WROTE

Jul 3, 2006

I believe that the foghorn should apologize. If those comments were not racist then why not, atleast, say "Hey, look i'm sorry for maybe offending anyone in any way." and they should explain exactly what they did mean. Racism is a serious factor.

The original quote and link.

Now lets find out who the Maricopa Jane Doe is. That one HAUNTS me. :(

To my very dear Rknowley,:blowkiss:
I just wanted to say hello and to say that it is nice to see you.
All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

Ok Phen and rain I got you both, I have to get back to my real job, LOL....if anyone else needs the info, everyone on this thread that posted has it, so help them out peeps ;)

Also..TC Mom is already investigating...it may be a local girl. Interesting!

I can't wait to find out the story.

gagirl did preliminary searches on myspace and came up emtpy...see what ya'll can find out.

We still are NOT 100% sure...

Was she listed missing??

BBL

I put in a thought or 2 on this thread, but no PM for me!!

I think I can speak this statement from all of us here at WS...

Thanks to Christine, frogger, The Detective working this case, and all the sleuthers for a great job working together, Good news is a wonderful thing.
We all wish this lady the best, and her family and friends the joy and peace of bringing her home!

Ditto from me. Kudos to all!

Stacy, you are indeed loved. Lots and lots of people were looking for you.
Wishing you a healthy and happy life. You are blessed.
Cheers from Oslo Norway

Dark Shadows that does not link to anything that shows her name? NOTHING I would not have posted something that showed her name before Christine wanted too...Have you clicked on that link ? It does not go to ANYTHING that shows her name??? So, I dont know what it is you are seeing and thinking I did wrong?

I'll give you a big hug--thanks for your work!:blowkiss:
I bet things can get lost in the shuffle when it starts moving fast.

Several times Christine wrote that she was running off to work etc. (I'm not speaking for her, btw.)

Next time PM one of the posters instead of posting it on the thread that happened to be moving quite quickly at the time. Just a suggestion! :blowkiss:

I'm glad she's been ID'ed and that's all that really matters, but I was a little disappointed to have been overlooked when Christine claimed to have made a list and PM'ed everyone who participated.

Sorry hon, I was in and out, I'm at work. Next time, just PM someone, I didn't mean to miss your name, dang it, I wrote it down! :blowkiss:

I would also like to extend my apologies to anyone who didn't get pmmed. I just assumed someone else would do it, which is my bad, and I am sorry. I'll brown nose now and say it has been my experience that everyone on here is always so competent and on top of things, I sometimes feel redundant. Anyway, I will be sure from now on to take care of these things myself, instead of expecting someone else to do it...and I have kids, you would think I would know better. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back