TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting. Someone knew exactly what time they were driving by the church...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Attachments

• DarkSUV.jpg
    DarkSUV.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 802
No. The affidavit only says "a passerby".
Good catch Cannonball! The passerby may have been someone who works weird hours and therefore knew the exact time. I also think an SUV coming out of a church parking lot while the church is obviously "not in session" would have turned my head, too.

Perhaps your thoughts on the Altima
were correct. Nothing more than a quickie.

But, if there was a small dark SUV coming out of the parking lot at 4:30am, that may have been a vehicle used to drop SP off. So, was that vehicle also going to pick SP up after the deed was done?

I wonder if the foyer cameras inside the church picked up the headlights, coming and going and maybe coming and going again.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Good catch Cannonball! The passerby may have been someone who works weird hours and therefore knew the exact time. I also think an SUV coming out of a church parking lot while the church is obviously "not in session" would have turned my head, too.

Perhaps your thoughts on the Altima
were correct. Nothing more than a quickie.

But, if there was a small dark SUV coming out of the parking lot at 4:30am, that may have been a vehicle used to drop SP off. So, was that vehicle also going to pick SP up after the deed was done?

I wonder if the foyer cameras inside the church picked up the headlights, coming and going and maybe coming and going again.

I agree a passerby with the same routine every morning would have a "good idea" of time, but I am not sure I would be able to give someone an exact time that I passed a certain location. Not necessarily saying there's anything nefarious about the passerby, just interesting.

I'm curious which SW or affidavit this info came from? I have been following these threads since May 2016, and this is the first I've heard of this. I can't believe it got brushed aside. Thanks.

Ok, I just saw the part in your post about a Dec. 2016 SW. Are you allowed to post it on here? thx.

I'm curious which SW or affidavit this info came from? I have been following these threads since May 2016, and this is the first I've heard of this. I can't believe it got brushed aside. Thanks.

Ok, I just saw the part in your post about a Dec. 2016 SW. Are you allowed to post it on here? thx.

No, the mods made that decision awhile back. It mentions a POI who has never been publicly named a suspect by LE. And in fact, since the SW was executed in December and the POI was never arrested on murder charges as of yet, he may have been cleared.

No, the mods made that decision awhile back. It mentions a POI who has never been publicly named a suspect by LE. And in fact, since the SW was executed in December and the POI was never arrested on murder charges as of yet, he may have been cleared.
Did this POI drive a dark small SUV?
Or someone the POI knew? If the dark small SUV is involved, then our SP had an accomplice.

Did this POI drive a dark small SUV?
Or someone the POI knew? If the dark small SUV is involved, then our SP had an accomplice.

Yes, and that's why MPD put the witness statement in the affidavit. It helped establish probable cause to get the SW.

The accomplice theory works IF the Altima is involved.

At 3:30AM - 5:30AM in the morning, most folks are at home sleeping. If they work a 7PM - 7AM shift, they are working. Missy's Campers arrive fairly early in the morning though so, it is possible one of the early arrivers could be the eyewitness.

How can an alibi be proven if the POI states they were at home sleeping, especially, if the spouse is willing to support and substantiate the alibi?

I suppose the eyewitness that spotted the sports utility vehicle leaving the Church could not ID it as being the exact one they saw. Also, I remain perplexed over the height of the SP that MPD determined.

When I google "small utility wagon", a golf cart comes up. We spoke about a golf cart parked at the backside of the building near an exit. Is it that?

SUV = a sport utility vehicle

The image is the Porte Cochere area in the SW corner of the CCoC.
CoC Canopied Area w Golf Cart SE Corner 7 23 16.jpg

Small
Dark
Sport Utility Wagon
Leaving CCoC at 4:30 am

That fits precisely with what we already know, and it appears to definitively answer some questions that have been debated here.
When did SP leave? About 4:30 am.
How? In a vehicle. Not on foot, not on motorcycle.
Which way? Out the driveway. Not some sort of trek out the back or sides of the church property in the driving rain, but quickest exit.
What kind of vehicle? A small dark sport utility wagon

Unfortunately, such a vehicle description isn't enough to identify SP all by itself, because there are so many vehicles that could be described in that fashion. LE can't ask for people to offer tips on anyone they know who drives such a vehicle. But it might help as a corroborating clue or piece of evidence, down the road.

Yes, and that's why MPD put the witness statement in the affidavit. It helped establish probable cause to get the SW.

The accomplice theory works IF the Altima is involved.
Ok. Im confused. This is what time does to one's brain when not focusing on this particular case. The murder had already been committed by 4:30am.
Could be the "passerby" was actually the first camper to arrive. (And didn't they arrive at 4:30?)

I didn't know a thing about the small, dark utility vehicle leaving the scene at 4:30. That's huge, Yes?

So, because of the SW, they know who the car belonged to.

As far as you know, was there a search done of this particular SUV and the person's home?

Woohoo! This hardly sounds like a cold case to me!

"because of the SW, they know who the car belonged to"

I don't take it that way.

How big is "small" when described as such by someone zooming by? What color is "dark" in the middle of the night when it's virtually moonless, rainy, and hours from sunrise, in the middle of nowhere? What make and model of vehicle is a "sport utility wagon"?

They probably had and used such a broad hazy description (which was all they apparently had) of a vehicle as a means to look closer at someone they wanted to look closer at, because that description is vague enough to fit the vehicle of countless people.

Ok. Im confused. This is what time does to one's brain when not focusing on this particular case. The murder had already been committed by 4:30am.
Could be the "passerby" was actually the first camper to arrive. (And didn't they arrive at 4:30?)

I didn't know a thing about the small, dark utility vehicle leaving the scene at 4:30. That's huge, Yes?

So, because of the SW, they know who the car belonged to.

As far as you know, was there a search done of this particular SUV and the person's home?

Woohoo! This hardly sounds like a cold case to me!

First camper arrived around 4:35. It's very possible that the first camper was the "passerby". It certainly is huge because based on the witness report, there wouldn't have been anyone else leaving the church at that time except for SP. What we don't know is whether SP was alone in the SUV, or if one or more others were in that vehicle, or if the Altima is connected.

The SW was executed, an SUV and other items were seized from the home, but this was 10 months ago. It has not resulted in an arrest for murder as of yet. It's possible he was cleared. Also possible that testing is taking a long time, or that results weren't conclusive enough for an arrest.

Since we don't have action after 10 months, I suggest the focus of the discussion shouldn't be the POI but the fact that (1) a dark SUV was seen leaving the church; and (2) MPD sent video surveillance footage of multiple POIs to a podiatrist expert, who studied their gait in relation to the SP video. But alas, we don't know who the POIs were, other than the one that was the subject of the SW. We can make guesses as to some of them from the first SWs - people like CW, AT and CT, etc.

The podiatrist expert was able to rule all the supplied POIs out based on their body type/gait, except for the one subject of the SW. But that doesn't make him guilty. They just might not have identified the right POI yet.

First camper arrived around 4:35. It's very possible that the first camper was the "passerby". It certainly is huge because based on the witness report, there wouldn't have been anyone else leaving the church at that time except for SP. What we don't know is whether SP was alone in the SUV, or if one or more others were in that vehicle, or if the Altima is connected.

The SW was executed, an SUV and other items were seized from the home, but this was 10 months ago. It has not resulted in an arrest for murder as of yet. It's possible he was cleared. Also possible that testing is taking a long time, or that results weren't conclusive enough for an arrest.

Since we don't have action after 10 months, I suggest the focus of the discussion shouldn't be the POI but the fact that (1) a dark SUV was seen leaving the church; and (2) MPD sent video surveillance footage of multiple POIs to a podiatrist expert, who studied their gait in relation to the SP video. But alas, we don't know who the POIs were, other than the one that was the subject of the SW. We can make guesses as to some of them from the first SWs - people like CW, AT and CT, etc.

The podiatrist expert was able to rule all the supplied POIs out based on their body type/gait, except for the one subject of the SW. But that doesn't make him guilty. They just might not have identified the right POI yet.
Thanks for bringing me back to earth.

The fact the SW was written Dec of 2016, possibly indicates it was not the first camper to arrive who saw it because certainly LE would have said something then and executed the search warrant for the SUV in April of 2016. The passage of time is unfortunate as it may have allowed the POI to ditch and clean the vehicle and the home.

Not sure how much stock I put into the podiatrist findings.

But I am heartened nonetheless. I don't think this is cold yet.

I agree a passerby with the same routine every morning would have a "good idea" of time, but I am not sure I would be able to give someone an exact time that I passed a certain location. Not necessarily saying there's anything nefarious about the passerby, just interesting.

If the passerby traveled the route routinely, then the person should have a very accurate timeline for when he or she would be passing the church.

Thanks for bringing me back to earth.

The fact the SW was written Dec of 2016, possibly indicates it was not the first camper to arrive who saw it because certainly LE would have said something then and executed the search warrant for the SUV in April of 2016. The passage of time is unfortunate as it may have allowed the POI to ditch and clean the vehicle and the home.

Not sure how much stock I put into the podiatrist findings.

But I am heartened nonetheless. I don't think this is cold yet.

As far as the podiatrist, my point there is that it shows us MPD is using investigative techniques behind the scenes that they're not publicizing but which show that they're putting in the work.

If the passerby traveled the route routinely, then the person should have a very accurate timeline for when he or she would be passing the church.
I wouldn't have an 'exact' time I physically based a certain location. I would have an approximate time, probably a good window, and I drive the same route at the same time every day.

I wouldn't have an 'exact' time I physically based a certain location. I would have an approximate time, probably a good window, and I drive the same route at the same time every day.

*passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads