TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the passerby and vehicle was picked up passing by via a surveillance camera nearby (SWFA)with a timestamp thereby verifying the 4:30 time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps the passerby and vehicle was picked up passing by via a surveillance camera nearby (SWFA)with a timestamp thereby verifying the 4:30 time.

This would make more sense to me. I just found it odd if they indeed gave an exact time as opposed to "around 4:30." But who knows some people out there have genius level memories...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

This would make more sense to me. I just found it odd if they indeed gave an exact time as opposed to "around 4:30." But who knows some people out there have genius level memories...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

MPD in the SW characterized it as "approximately 4:30". They're not saying that the witness said it was exactly 4:30. It may very well have been a few minutes later than that to coincide with the camper's arrival.

Small
Dark
Sport Utility Wagon
Leaving CCoC at 4:30 am

That fits precisely with what we already know, and it appears to definitively answer some questions that have been debated here.
When did SP leave? About 4:30 am.
How? In a vehicle. Not on foot, not on motorcycle.
Which way? Out the driveway. Not some sort of trek out the back or sides of the church property in the driving rain, but quickest exit.
What kind of vehicle? A small dark sport utility wagon

Unfortunately, such a vehicle description isn't enough to identify SP all by itself, because there are so many vehicles that could be described in that fashion. LE can't ask for people to offer tips on anyone they know who drives such a vehicle. But it might help as a corroborating clue or piece of evidence, down the road.

Perfect summation.

The witness could be a passerby or one of the early-arriving campers.

The situation was probably confirmed by headlights viewable at a distance from the gun store across the street and possibly some interior surveillance shots with a view out a window. My motion activated cameras inside my home that are pointed at windows are activated constantly. I would think branches waving around in a rainstorm could have initiated recording more often for cameras inside that had a view of a window. My cameras are certainly activated with a change in lighting - like if headlights flashed through the space through a window. This may be why at an earlier presser LE mentioned they could "see" a car in the distance but couldn't make it out.

So we know MB arrived at 4:18 and entered the church at 4:20 am (correct me if i'm wrong) and by around 4:30 SP was already exiting the parking lot in a vehicle. That's around 600 seconds -- maybe 800 seconds. In this time there was a confrontation, fight and retreat/run.

I wonder about any evidence found at the scene that would indicate SP was preparing to kill and get out fast? Did SP leave anything behind because they were surprised and freaked out? Were they in the middle of something and were interrupted? Were they laying in wait with a "go-bag" by the back door and keys in the ignition to GTFO? I remember that LE did mention "tools left at the scene similar to what we saw on the video". These were indicated as the murder weapons.

Do murder weapons typically get left behind in planned murders? Is a murderers instinct that either the weapon is so common it can't be tied to them or do they think they're going to take the weapon and do a good job to hide it? Does a murderer go through all the trouble to conceal their identity but not have a hefty bag to wrap up a bloody weapon to throw it in a lake somewhere?

These are questions I'm asking myself. Excited to get a new tidbit of information I hadn't seen before.

Could this be the vehicle MPD mentions in the 4/19/16 presser as being seen in the distance?
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/P...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html
"There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said.

And remember MPD said that the video of that car ^^ the camera was at SWFA not CCoC

Thanks for bringing me back to earth.

The fact the SW was written Dec of 2016, possibly indicates it was not the first camper to arrive who saw it because certainly LE would have said something then and executed the search warrant for the SUV in April of 2016. The passage of time is unfortunate as it may have allowed the POI to ditch and clean the vehicle and the home.

Not sure how much stock I put into the podiatrist findings.

But I am heartened nonetheless. I don't think this is cold yet.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

JMHO I feel sure that they have time stamp of vehicles in the church parking lot to identify/match alibies. MPD said the "car in distance" came from camera at SWFA.

Perfect summation.

The witness could be a passerby or one of the early-arriving campers.

The situation was probably confirmed by headlights viewable at a distance from the gun store across the street and possibly some interior surveillance shots with a view out a window. My motion activated cameras inside my home that are pointed at windows are activated constantly. I would think branches waving around in a rainstorm could have initiated recording more often for cameras inside that had a view of a window. My cameras are certainly activated with a change in lighting - like if headlights flashed through the space through a window. This may be why at an earlier presser LE mentioned they could "see" a car in the distance but couldn't make it out.

So we know MB arrived at 4:18 and entered the church at 4:20 am (correct me if i'm wrong) and by around 4:30 SP was already exiting the parking lot in a vehicle. That's around 600 seconds -- maybe 800 seconds. In this time there was a confrontation, fight and retreat/run.

I wonder about any evidence found at the scene that would indicate SP was preparing to kill and get out fast? Did SP leave anything behind because they were surprised and freaked out? Were they in the middle of something and were interrupted? Were they laying in wait with a "go-bag" by the back door and keys in the ignition to GTFO? I remember that LE did mention "tools left at the scene similar to what we saw on the video". These were indicated as the murder weapons.

Do murder weapons typically get left behind in planned murders? Is a murderers instinct that either the weapon is so common it can't be tied to them or do they think they're going to take the weapon and do a good job to hide it? Does a murderer go through all the trouble to conceal their identity but not have a hefty bag to wrap up a bloody weapon to throw it in a lake somewhere?

These are questions I'm asking myself. Excited to get a new tidbit of information I hadn't seen before.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't believe MPD ever said that tools were left at the scene. They said they believed that MB's injuries were consistent with tools that SP was seen with on video.

The December 2016 SW sought, among other things, pry tools such as hammers and crow bars or weapons utilized or possessed by the suspect as seen on the church video.

So that indicates to me that they likely didn't recover any of that at the scene.

JMHO I feel sure that they have time stamp of vehicles in the church parking lot to identify/match alibies. MPD said the "car in distance" came from camera at SWFA.
I think I remember seeing that. But a dark SUV was spotted by a passerby
leaving the church at 4:30 p.m. see Cannonball's snippet of SW regarding this particular SUV.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't believe MPD ever said that tools were left at the scene. They said they believed that MB's injuries were consistent with tools that SP was seen with on video.

The December 2016 SW sought, among other things, pry tools such as hammers and crow bars or weapons utilized or possessed by the suspect as seen on the church video.

So that indicates to me that they likely didn't recover any of that at the scene.

You are right. I went back to the SW from May 2016 and read:

Terri Bevers’ had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistentwith the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.
on exhibit A, page 2.

Are MPD/Ellis County search warrants available online, or do you have to file a FOIA request or go to a court to see them?

And remember MPD said that the video of that car ^^ the camera was at SWFA not CCoC

I remember discussion about it, Mimi, but am fuzzy on what MPD said. If anyone finds it post please. I need a refresher on this case. lol

I’ve been reading since the beginning...how did I miss that bit about the SUV. And the podiatrist. Ack!!

I so hope this case is eventually solved.

IMO, whatever I say is JMO....

Map Disclaimer - I am not a professional, this is my first map and I only did it to help the family. All information was taken from FindLisaHarvey missing posters, MapQuest and family information. All information is estimates only.

I’ve been reading since the beginning...how did I miss that bit about the SUV. And the podiatrist. Ack!!

I so hope this case is eventually solved.

IMO, whatever I say is JMO....

Map Disclaimer - I am not a professional, this is my first map and I only did it to help the family. All information was taken from FindLisaHarvey missing posters, MapQuest and family information. All information is estimates only.

I don’t know how I missed this either but I’d love to read that SW. can we locate it online somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That info seems to have been reported here exclusively, and only this week. Haven't seen it in the news media. Good sleuthing, CB.

Thanks for the SW info you've provided, Cannonball. Just an aside, I know the SW is probably a template form but each time I read the word MURDER in all caps I say it much louder in my head, LOL.

I find it compelling that this has been kept under wraps for so long -- 10 months. Makes one wonder what other interesting info is out there that we know nothing about. Hoping for a resolution to this case SOMEDAY! I'm sure the MPD are hard at work, it's just frustrating that it's been so long with no public comment from them.

Also, anyone know if Missy's FB profile is still in existence?

Now that we know about the dark SUV, are you more inclined or less inclined to believe the Altima is involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member