TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pro hit. Rents a car, knows the outside church cams don't work, a disguise that makes height fluccuate, kills time, kills victim, burner phone, escape with minutes to spare

Or.....luckiest killer ever.

The church was aware the outside cameras were not working. Not sure if that meant the entire congregation knew they were not working, or just the powers-that-be? Who ran their mouth that the outside cameras were not working? How long were the outside cameras out of commission? Did a storm take out the cameras?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fo...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-380275011.html <- --- Link to newest LE presser.

I don't mean for you to feel yelled at. But there have been nineteen threads of people going back and forth---are the friends "suspects," not "suspects?"

The thing is that when the police say that Person A is not a suspect, people read into that that Person A has been cleared. That is not the case. Police have not "cleared" anyone. No one is cleared, no one is a suspect.

Yes, I agree! It's LIMBO!!! :gaah:

Earlier this week, I began to question some of my earlier assumptions about this case. Today's update has pushed me even further in a different direction.

While I've always believed Missy was targeted, the reason for the targeting, I thought, had to do with who Missy was.

But what if it wasn't about who she was, but where and when she was? IOW, this killer could have cased the church and the person arriving there extremely early in the morning. He might not have known or cared who that person was or what she was doing there.

So let's say we have a person who wants to experience the thrill of a kill. He drives down the hwy early one morning and sees a blonde woman going in to a church. Interesting. He drives by at the same time several other mornings, or parks at the store and watches. He knows what time she arrives on certain days and what time the next person does. He's never been in the church before but he notes the video surveillance sign. So he gets an outfit.

He picks a day and he does the deed.

If my theory is right, then the perp is almost definitely male because it would be very rare for a female to stalk and kill a stranger. He might be a young male, late teens because I don't look at perp video and see a self-assured adult.

And it raises the question, did MB have any cancelled camps in the couple of weeks prior that thre the schedule off? With her trip to Austin, was she able to have her class the previous Monday or was it cancelled or taught by someone else?

Because if I'm on the right track, LE needs to be looking at video not just from the 18th but from the days and weeks leading up. This person might not have ever met MB or know her name, but he apparently knew her schedule. So he would have staked out the place on other days and possibly been caught on church or store video.

MB went to Austin on Thurs April 14 and was Killed Monday the 18

They said during this morning's press conference that the outside cameras worked intermittently. I believe that's the word he used.

Also, what's the point of avoiding being seen on camera outside of the church but having no qualms being seen on camera inside? Is it because of the vehicle?

My opinion: perp didn't know/care about cameras working or not working.

Okay, so I was going to post a long post after catching up on all of this morning's events..BUT...nah.

I will say this though: If you read back through the majority of the comments here during and after the presser, I WHOLLY believe that LE's presser did exactly what they wanted it to do. I think it's brilliant. I'm probably alone, but that's quite alright with me. :)

Yes, I'm being intentionally vague. And I didn't even have to yell at anyone. :nono:

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

JMO, I think MPD purposely gave out misinformation in today's presser hoping to trip up the killer. Again, JMO, I think it is very likely that they know the height of the perp to within an inch. If they can't get any closer than within a 5" measurement, why even have a forensics team involved? Millions of people could be from 5'2" to 5'7". Also, there is no way that LE doesn't have POIs or suspects in mind. MOO.

Side note: David Messerschmidt's wife, with LE at her side, had a pretty big presser basically begging people to call in tips, etc....LE arrested the FEMALE perp the next day.

It's a somewhat remote location, dark in the wee hours during rain. The hammer to break into the building, the hammer to break into a locked room or maybe they were hoping to find a petty cash box

I think someone planning vandalism/burglary would dress differently, they don't have to worry that LE are going to be collecting DNA evidence, shoe size, etc for such a minor crime.

No "snarkiness" taken. LOL! That's quite possible. However, I think the words "POI" and "suspect" need to be carefully considered with the way he explained one can turn into the other. He may have said they aren't "suspects"; but he didn't say they weren't "POI's" either. The Chief may also have gathered that the public has determined who is a "friend", "family", "co-worker" and who isn't quite accurately. He made it pretty clear that BB and RB's alibis have checked out. Again....lots of reading between the lines I feel which will make us all a tad bit crazier. LOL :thinking:

I agree - read between the lines of what LE just said, and what they did not say. If I am hearing the following correctly, he is only talking about the person SwatPerp, and he is only talking about MB's family, friends or co-workers - LE did not exclude, for example, the family, friends or co-workers of BB.

"..Assistant Chief Johnson did say that none of Bevers family, friends or co-workers are considered suspects in the murder. .."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/20/...are-suspects-in-murder-of-fitness-instructor/

I see that I am back to my own first impression and door measurement for height which was 5'5"-5'6". Maybe I should go back to my own first impression that this was a woman, too (having now gone frame by frame through the MPD videos to decide it is just one perp and not two after yesterday's eye strain.) My first gut reaction when I saw the video was an average woman walking and carrying herself exactly the way women do when wearing military field gear designed for men's bodies and usually too large for them. JMO.

Anyone have a link to a video of the Midlothian police press conference this morning?

I think I speak for many of us when I say we want to hear directly from LE and not through the lens of a reporter for websites like FOX 4 and WFAA.

We already have a disparity where WFAA is saying, "None of the people named in those search warrants are suspects."

Yet over at FOX 4 they phrased it a little differently, "Police do not consider any of Bevers’ family, friends or co-workers suspects in the case, despite rumors that have circulated on social media."

This may seem like hair splitting to some. But these are not identical pools of people. Precision matters folks.

ETA
FOX 4 just informed me on Twitter that, "Police asked the media not to livestream, so we didn't." Seems odd to me. I would have thought just the opposite. I.e., let people see it first hand rather than be mislead by possible poor reporting. Oh well.

JMO, I think MPD purposely gave out misinformation in today's presser hoping to trip up the killer. Again, JMO, I think it is very likely that they know the height of the perp to within an inch. If they can't get any closer than within a 5" measurement, why even have a forensics team involved? Millions of people could be from 5'2" to 5'7". Also, there is no way that LE doesn't have POIs or suspects in mind. MOO.

It rules a lot of people out. Plus, that 5-inch range could just be accounting for heels on the boots, lifts within the boots, the thickness of the helmet/head gear, etc. No amount of forensics is going to tell them that information. I'm sure they know how tall the person in the video is ... with the boots and gear on. But that doesn't mean that person's height is not disguised by what s/he's wearing.

I'm not saying it's impossible that LEO would give out misinformation, but I think it's pretty unlikely. The guy on camera today spoke with ease about the case. It didn't seem to me like he was carefully choosing words to conceal information.

JUST MY OPINION.

I agree...and I think that zoning in on the target height of 5'2" to 5'7" would point more in the direction of a female standard height or a shorter male (non-typical height). IMO.

Okay, so I was going to post a long post after catching up on all of this morning's events..BUT...nah.

I will say this though: If you read back through the majority of the comments here during and after the presser, I WHOLLY believe that LE's presser did exactly what they wanted it to do. I think it's brilliant. I'm probably alone, but that's quite alright with me. :)

Yes, I'm being intentionally vague. And I didn't even have to yell at anyone. :nono:

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
I'm right there with you!

A pro hit. Rents a car, knows the outside church cams don't work, a disguise that makes height fluccuate, kills time, kills victim, burner phone, escape with minutes to spare

Or.....luckiest killer ever.

Who would have hired a hitperson???? JMO

Someone posted about the car jacking at Walmart on Easter Sunday - that was 2 black males. IMO does not match the description/video of SwatPerp.

Just wanted to say that downtown Midlo and McDonald's are clear - no Nissan Altima spotted ;)

My new theories:

SBM

2) MB was not targeted, but killed because she interrupted someone's intended burglary. The killer/s pulled into the Sports business, saw it looked very professional and sharp and had cameras that were most likely working. Pulled out and continued down the road to find another place to burglarize. Found the church and figured less security because church peeps are supposed to be trusting and open. *snort* Broke in, cruised around half-assed looking for anything.

:dunno: after hearing that PC.

IF (and yes, this is a big IF) the car seen in the gun store parking lot is involved, then it means that they were in that area starting around 2am. That would be a looooong burglary. And where did the car go IF it dropped off someone to go into the church?

Regardless, this reiterates our need to figure out when and how the killer left the church.

I re-watched the LE press conference. Chief Johnson said that close family, friends, and co-workers start as POIs and can go from that to become a suspect. He said no one is a suspect. To me, that reads, no one is a suspect but they are still POIs. Does anyone agree?

What is there to steal in a church? This person just did not strike me as looking like s/he was trying to steal stuff. Seriously, what can you take? Pews? Statues of the virgin Mary? I just don't see it.

I could, however, see this person breaking in early to do something else. Place bombs, maybe? I could buy that theory.

But still, the perp is seen on video walking through the hallways nonchalantly, carrying a hammer in his/her left hand. We know for a fact that Missy's cause of death was puncture wounds to the head and chest, consistent with the hammer carried by the perp:

"As police continue to investigate the death of Missy Bevers, a newly released search warrant reveals the mom of three was killed by multiple puncture wounds to the head and chest. Police say the wounds are consistent with the tools the suspect was seen carrying through the church where the murder occurred."

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace/articles/2016/05/05/cops-reveal-missy-bevers-died-from-multiple-puncture-wounds

Looks and sounds to me like this person was there in the church because s/he knew Missy would be, and knew in advance that s/he planned to murder Missy with the hammer. There's no other reason I can think of that this person would walk around holding the hammer like that after gaining entry to the church, if all they intended to do was take stuff.

Agree entirely with you. I still see a targetted hit of some kind with not enough information to know what motive is behind it.

My take home messages-
"This is not what we originally suspected." IIRC- at first they thought it was a male stealing from the church and MB was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The new info IMHO reveals-
Not a burglary
Female perp
Motive- hatred and jealousy . MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first case to reallyyyyy follow, like, it's taken up a huge amount of my time follow :)

Is this normal for LE to "throw people" off? I mean, what's the use if they have someone in mind? I'm assuming because maybe they know who it is and they don't have enough info and are hoping those people trip and mess up so they can have what they need to arrest them? I would think if they really knew who it was, they wouldn't need to throw them off. I don't know, I'm confused.

I've never had a specific person in mind. I have my general ideas. I've always thought it was a woman or younger man (18-19ish). The height fits into that. I've also been open to the possibility MB was having an affair (emotional or physical) with someone we have never heard of and this is a result of that (or BB was). So the idea that the POI on the SW are somewhat "cleared" by today doesn't surprise me much.

What I don't understand is with all the data they got from her phone and everyone else's, I just cannot believe that SOMETHING wasn't on there. I never ruled out a hit either but same thing, you think SOMETHING would have popped up. And maybe it has but it's just not enough. With this day and age, it floors me that someone somewhere didn't trip up. It's like people disappearing without a trace.

I have to say, swatperp did exactly what they wanted, whether brilliant or luck, it's working....for now. Even looking into the camera, with the helmet, all they have is eyes. Helmet distorts rest of face.

I do find it odd that creepy message can't be confirmed. Maybe it can, maybe it can't. But that brings into question why someone would lie. IIRC, it was stated friend SAW and READ the message but couldn't remember person's name. What friend reported that? Hmmm.....

I find it odd all the coincidences too. It really all could be a coincidence, but I would be floored.

Locals - Traveling at 2AM isn't super common, especially on a work night. I know there are a lot of night jobs though but does this highway travel between some bigger areas where like hospitals or somewhere like that would be for a night job to exist? Just curious how common travel is at 2AM. And why pull off. From what I've seen/read, it's pretty deserted. Maybe they got lost but is that a legit place to really pull off the road and check for directions? And....if it was raining that hard, I would think they would sit there for longer than a few minutes for a downpour. I'm in OK so we get the same kind of storms and if it's pouring that hard, it usually lasts longer than a few minutes...

I JUST DON'T KNOW....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :gaah:(yes, I am yelling here ;)) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member