TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually flashing back to Jodi Arias, There are some striking similarities here, goes to the psyche of this killer. whooooooohhha

i remember in one of the early threads a local saying the church had Wed evening activities. I was very surprised, which is the only reason I remember it.

Posted on their FB

April 20, 2016 Wednesday 1:18 p.m. (Central Time)

Creekside Church--Come as you are...
April 20 · All are invited to a special family time of prayer and reflection tonight at Creekside at 6:45. Doors will open at 6:30. All other classes and activities for tonight are cancelled. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153424204757343&id=179345102342

IF the motive was jealousy.....BB stated the texts of I Love You started 10 months ago. Divorce may or may not have been filed 10 months ago. IF one of them was having and affair and broke it off....10 months ago....this person could have been building with jealousy and rage for the last 10 months. Watching a "happy" marriage play out in front of them via the public FB while they sat lonely and alone still in love with the person. I also think it took a few weeks of planning at least (depending on how accessible the gear was, did they already have it, have to order it, etc.). I really feel like something made this person snap but what is the question because I think it would have had to take some time to pull everything together SWAT costume and tool wise then to wait for opportunity to appear. But then the thought of someone knowing months in advance they were going to murder someone is scary :eek: as you know what!

Wondering why they state : 4:35 a.m. - Participant in Camp Gladiator fitness class arrives at the church5:00 a.m. - Two 911 calls received from church. Am I the only person who thinks 25 minutes to call 911 is a bit much?? JMO

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...scription-of-killer-but-wont-release-it.html/

As others have said, it is likely they waited around before going in... but if they parked on the side of the church where the car port is attached to the building, it's worth noting that there has been no mention of them passing anyone leaving on the way in, or seeing anyone else parked at the church.

For all of the casual wandering the killer seemed to do prior to MB's arrival, it appears they sure GTFO in a hurry, if they had less than 15 minutes to encounter, murder, attempt to clean up after, leave building, and leave the parking lot.

Wondering why they state : 4:35 a.m. - Participant in Camp Gladiator fitness class arrives at the church5:00 a.m. - Two 911 calls received from church. Am I the only person who thinks 25 minutes to call 911 is a bit much?? JMO

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...scription-of-killer-but-wont-release-it.html/

Ok, someone help me!! I have seen this article linked with comments about another person in a photo, comments and times listed and I see none of that! Do I need to click somewhere else? I keep going back and rewatching/ re-reading and I feel like I have a different thing! Thanks in advance, y'all! :)

Ok, someone help me!! I have seen this article linked with comments about another person in a photo, comments and times listed and I see none of that! Do I need to click somewhere else? I keep going back and rewatching/ re-reading and I feel like I have a different thing! Thanks in advance, y'all! :)

I have the link article pulled up now, but it is not loading the comments and now the screen has gone blank. Okay. Now it is back and the articles are there. It takes a while for my laptop to load the site fully. Try giving it a little longer to load. Okay, that site goes a lot wonky on my computer. Hangs up and won't scroll! Carp!

OT: Raining cats and dogs here! Makes me think of Missy and that awful morning! I pray for her girls to be okay!

Several threads ago someone posted a poll asking which program would air an episode of this crime:

Dateline
20/20
48 hours
Deadly Women
Snapped
Fear Thy Neighbor
See No Evil

I can't think of any more off hand, but I believe they will all rehash this case (deadly women only if a female is involved) so there will be several shows featuring this case. It is too sensational to just let things lay after it is figured out.

Anything with Bill Kurtis and his fabulous voice. American Justice, FBI Files

Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!

As others have said, it is likely they waited around before going in... but if they parked on the side of the church where the car port is attached to the building, it's worth noting that there has been no mention of them passing anyone leaving on the way in, or seeing anyone else parked at the church.

For all of the casual wandering the killer seemed to do prior to MB's arrival, it appears they sure GTFO in a hurry, if they had less than 15 minutes to encounter, murder, attempt to clean up after, leave building, and leave the parking lot.

I think that is why they were very familiar with the church, the times and the schedule, if in fact they caught her off guard, it would only take a minute or so to subdue and kill her. Just sit for 1 minute silently and realize what could have been done in 60 seconds, that leaves 14 minutes to get out. Hypothetically, they were obviously well prepared. I don't know what the clean up involved was it could have been something as simple as wiping up a footprint. who knows. but 15 minutes is quite awhile.

BBM... yes, that is baffling to me. But, I wonder if the killer actually was gone by the 4:35 arrival of the first camper? Since the first camper seems to have stayed in his/her car until other arrived, maybe the killer was still at work in the church, or cleaning up, or escaping undetected while the camper #1 was in the parking lot.

Or, did the killer really kill and depart between 4:18-4:35am? It's possible, or course.

The invisible departure of the perp is scary. How did s/he disappear?

jmopinion

Several threads ago someone posted a poll asking which program would air an episode of this crime:

Dateline
20/20
48 hours
Deadly Women
Snapped
Fear Thy Neighbor
See No Evil

I can't think of any more off hand, but I believe they will all rehash this case (deadly women only if a female is involved) so there will be several shows featuring this case. It is too sensational to just let things lay after it is figured out.

Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!

I watch too much ID (just ask my husband)... Here's a couple of more nominations:

Web of Lies , or my favorite at the moment:

See No Evil

Investigation Discovery Uncovers an Unlikely Eyewitness to Murder with Surveillance Video Series - "See No Evil" Premiering February 17
Using actual security camera footage, first person interviews with family, friends and investigators, along with limited re-creation, the series takes viewers on an emotional rollercoaster ride through a timeline of a crime.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...ry-17-19215/20150203id01/#0fJbM73Xzxxve8z9.99

Beautiful Mickey Shunick's case was featured on See No Evil. : (

[I read a Q & A with a veteran homicide detective in which he was asked how long it normally takes to clear a crime scene. He said obviously it depends on the circumstances, but he gave a range of 8 to 20 hours, with the longest being 26 hours in his personal experience. He didn't say what the shortest had been.

Given that it was a larger building rather than a house, with the perp having traveled throughout the structure, 7 hours from 911 call to scene clearance seems very brief to me. I'm interested to know if they actually turned it back over to the church personnel at noon without restriction.

So bringing in the dog would certainly lead me to believe they had good reason to search for gunshot residue two days later, I have to think after doing an initial investigation on the victim they found something to indicate a gun had been used. Of course this is just my opinion. Initially when looking at head wounds it could be very difficult to determine the weapon, due to the vessels lying just bellow the skin surface they tend to bleed more and obscure things a bit, I can completely see if she had multiple puncture wounds how a gunshot wound could be hiding in plain site and they would not see this until the medical examiner had an opportunity to look. I am aware they have not mentioned a gun anywhere ever, however as premeditated this was, I don't see the killer going without one, just in case. As well, this is one item of information they would most definitely not release to the public, for many reasons. Again, just thinking out loud and all opinion, not fact.

If it's true that the church service was held Wednesday(that people were allowed back in the church), would not any evidence found thereafter easily be argued by the defense as being contaminated.
I have a hard time believing a thorough processing of the crime scene and surrounding areas could have been done in 7 hours.
JMO

[I read a Q & A with a veteran homicide detective in which he was asked how long it normally takes to clear a crime scene. He said obviously it depends on the circumstances, but he gave a range of 8 to 20 hours, with the longest being 26 hours in his personal experience. He didn't say what the shortest had been.

Given that it was a larger building rather than a house, with the perp having traveled throughout the structure, 7 hours from 911 call to scene clearance seems very brief to me. I'm interested to know if they actually turned it back over to the church personnel at noon without restriction.

So bringing in the dog would certainly lead me to believe they had good reason to search for gunshot residue two days later, I have to think after doing an initial investigation on the victim they found something to indicate a gun had been used. Of course this is just my opinion. Initially when looking at head wounds it could be very difficult to determine the weapon, due to the vessels lying just bellow the skin surface they tend to bleed more and obscure things a bit, I can completely see if she had multiple puncture wounds how a gunshot wound could be hiding in plain site and they would not see this until the medical examiner had an opportunity to look. I am aware they have not mentioned a gun anywhere ever, however as premeditated this was, I don't see the killer going without one, just in case. As well, this is one item of information they would most definitely not release to the public, for many reasons. Again, just thinking out loud and all opinion, not fact.

If it's true that the church service was held Wednesday(that people were allowed back in the church), would not any evidence found thereafter easily be argued by the defense as being contaminated.
I have a hard time believing a thorough processing of the crime scene and surrounding areas could have been done in 7 hours.
JMO

I would have to concur, putting the time frame in context and giving the benefit, to my knowledge the dog and experts went in during the day before the evening events on the 20th, however on a side note, not knowing the square footage of the church, I would think the fact that the killer was in damn near in every crevice of place, it could have taken up to a week to process the scene, seems bizarre really.

Perp was not captured on camera breaking in--just first captured on camera at 3:50................so we really have no idea how long they were there, or what time they broke in. JMO

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/april2000/twgcsi.pdf

Im giving away free gifts here today for everyone. Feeling very generous. Actually its just a handy little tidbit to have on your desktop which you could have found on your own if you were so inclined. However due to my need for attention I felt I should pull an Oprah or Ellen,,, You get a free book, and you get a free book and well,,, Everyone gets a free guide to Forensics Today!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing that! :)

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/april2000/twgcsi.pdf

Im giving away free gifts here today for everyone. Feeling very generous. Actually its just a handy little tidbit to have on your desktop which you could have found on your own if you were so inclined. However due to my need for attention I felt I should pull an Oprah or Ellen,,, You get a free book, and you get a free book and well,,, Everyone gets a free guide to Forensics Today!!!!!!

Seconding cujenn's TY for this free gift! Good day for reading. Stormy and dark, :stormingmad:

Try using a different browser. Comments didn't show for me in Chrome, but they did in Firefox. I think it may be related to the extensions I run in Chrome (since I use it as my primary browser).

ETA: Assuming I'm looking at the same pic as everyone else with MB giving a thumbs-up as she stands next to a somewhat-balding man in black shirt and shorts, that individual is not named in the SW, but his wife is (or was) FB friends with Missy. I'm not sure if it's okay to identify him, so please forgive the cryptic comment.

Sorry, I don't see the significance of this. Did I miss something?

Comments. Article is from May 7th, after the crime scene reconstruction.

Site froze up on me. Must be heavily ad-laden. Or lots of views at the moment :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther