TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just re-read a bunch of articles and in one it stated that right after the perp looked up at the camera and started walking on an angle away from bulletin board area that the camera went black. That would explain why it appears that Missy was killed right there but it was not recorded. It would also explain why some cameras were not working. That being said, maybe they have some good footage of the perp before he bashed the cameras. Maybe perp thought disabling camera would erase all footage which clearly is not the case.

I just re-read a bunch of articles and in one it stated that right after the perp looked up at the camera and started walking on an angle away from bulletin board area that the camera went black. That would explain why it appears that Misy was killed right there but it was not recorded. It would also explain why some cameras were not working. That being said, maybe they have some good footage of the perp before he bashed the cameras. Maybe perp thought disabling camera would erase all footage which clearly is not the case.

If the information was sent to Cloud, then it's there regardless of what s/he did to the camera system. I just got notice I need to update my Cloud payment information. Must have been included with a computer purchase. Didn't know I was paying for it.... Makes sense for a church or any business to have Cloud.

Perp was not captured on camera breaking in--just first captured on camera at 3:50................so we really have no idea how long they were there, or what time they broke in. JMO

Yes, I agree. I do feel we know how long the perp had with Missy, or at least pretty close to the timeline. I don't think we were mislead by law enforcement with the time line.

Wondering why they state : 4:35 a.m. - Participant in Camp Gladiator fitness class arrives at the church5:00 a.m. - Two 911 calls received from church. Am I the only person who thinks 25 minutes to call 911 is a bit much?? JMO

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...scription-of-killer-but-wont-release-it.html/
I noticed that too, also what stuck out to me is which arrived first, LE or EMT? The reason I ask is because usually if there is some sort of obvious threat EMT's will wait for LE accompany for their own safety. Just been my personal experience..

Comments. Article is from May 7th, after the crime scene reconstruction.

Site froze up on me. Must be heavily ad-laden. Or lots of views at the moment :dunno:

I read the article and the comments a while ago. I just don't see the significance of the picture of that rather large man and Missy?

Yes, I agree. I do feel we know how long the perp had with Missy, or at least pretty close to the timeline. I don't think we were mislead by law enforcement with the time line.

?? Didn't say that we were misled by LE. They probably don't know, either. What I am saying is that possibly the 2am car biz could be related to the time of break in. Actual ENTRY could have been some time later, and first encounter w a working camera is 3:50. Just possibilities. JMO

Hey folks,

The people with the target numbers on the SW are off limits. Please don't being the photo or info here.

Thanks!

As others have said, it is likely they waited around before going in... but if they parked on the side of the church where the car port is attached to the building, it's worth noting that there has been no mention of them passing anyone leaving on the way in, or seeing anyone else parked at the church.

For all of the casual wandering the killer seemed to do prior to MB's arrival, it appears they sure GTFO in a hurry, if they had less than 15 minutes to encounter, murder, attempt to clean up after, leave building, and leave the parking lot.
It has also been speculated that maybe swatperp didn't leave.

I just re-read a bunch of articles and in one it stated that right after the perp looked up at the camera and started walking on an angle away from bulletin board area that the camera went black. That would explain why it appears that Missy was killed right there but it was not recorded. It would also explain why some cameras were not working. That being said, maybe they have some good footage of the perp before he bashed the cameras. Maybe perp thought disabling camera would erase all footage which clearly is not the case.

Can you provide a link to that article, pretty please? I haven't seen anything like that or anything said about any interior cameras not working. Captain Spann iirc said that motion didn't pick up MB and that's why the assault was not recorded. Only cameras that I have heard there were issues with were the outside cameras.
Also, IF MB came in the doors that I believe she did (the doors immediately near her truck, then there was a camera working to capture her walking into the building at 418. The video (at least the 2 versions released the time stamped 7 sec and the longer version of spliced areas) the 7 sec was at 358am. So I am having a hard time following the camera went black .... in the time line of things. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12519680#post12519680 jmho

Off Topic: I came across this article and rolled all the way down to comments. There is a picture of Missy and I believe a person named in the SW. I had never seen this photo. Did I miss it?

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...scription-of-killer-but-wont-release-it.html/

whoa...good catch. If anyone is trying to see the comments and can't, the same thing was happening to me.
I had a pop up blocker on and the comments wouldn't show up. Try and turn off your ad/pop up blocker.
ETA:: Just saw Sparky's post, if this is off limits * apologies * please remove.
I didn't remember this info being in the SW..

?? Didn't say that we were misled by LE. They probably don't know, either. What I am saying is that possibly the 2am car biz could be related to the time of break in. Actual ENTRY could have been some time later, and first encounter w a working camera is 3:50. Just possibilities. JMO

My apologies. Yes, I keep forgetting about the 2 a.m. car. Absolutely could be related.

There was just an arrest in the Dan Markel (FL law professor shot in his driveway) murder, after two years.

So sometimes the wheels of justice turn slowly...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Wow! Thanks for update!

whoa...good catch. If anyone is trying to see the comments and can't, the same thing was happening to me.
I had a pop up blocker on and the comments wouldn't show up. Try and turn off your ad/pop up blocker.

Why is this a "whoa...good catch." ?? (And yes, I saw the photo.)

IMO I think it's that big parking lot light in the post I liked above shining down. *shrug* Could be from the gun place too though?

th

I'd be interested in reading that article too. Is it referring to this video, at approx 1:10 when the perp rounds the corner? I would guess it goes black because there is no longer any movement to trigger the recording .... ?
[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

[I read a Q & A with a veteran homicide detective in which he was asked how long it normally takes to clear a crime scene. He said obviously it depends on the circumstances, but he gave a range of 8 to 20 hours, with the longest being 26 hours in his personal experience. He didn't say what the shortest had been.

Given that it was a larger building rather than a house, with the perp having traveled throughout the structure, 7 hours from 911 call to scene clearance seems very brief to me. I'm interested to know if they actually turned it back over to the church personnel at noon without restriction.
QUOTE=ktrca;12587412]So bringing in the dog would certainly lead me to believe they had good reason to search for gunshot residue two days later, I have to think after doing an initial investigation on the victim they found something to indicate a gun had been used. Of course this is just my opinion. Initially when looking at head wounds it could be very difficult to determine the weapon, due to the vessels lying just bellow the skin surface they tend to bleed more and obscure things a bit, I can completely see if she had multiple puncture wounds how a gunshot wound could be hiding in plain site and they would not see this until the medical examiner had an opportunity to look. I am aware they have not mentioned a gun anywhere ever, however as premeditated this was, I don't see the killer going without one, just in case. As well, this is one item of information they would most definitely not release to the public, for many reasons. Again, just thinking out loud and all opinion, not fact.

If it's true that the church service was held Wednesday(that people were allowed back in the church), would not any evidence found thereafter easily be argued by the defense as being contaminated.
I have a hard time believing a thorough processing of the crime scene and surrounding areas could have been done in 7 hours.
JMO[/QUOTE]
The reply with quote function didn't work. Below this line is my post.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is just IMO. Remember that Midlothian is a relatively small town with a limited number of LE. Their first instinct might have been to put all available hands out on a search for a blood covered perp. Securing the scene was probably not their main interest. Finding the perp quickly likely was the main focus. It wasn't until later that other agencies were called in. JMO, releasing the scene was a mistake but they probably didn't realize that until it was too late. Just thinking aloud here.

I'd be interested in reading that article too. Is it referring to this video, at approx 1:10 when the perp rounds the corner? I would guess it goes black because there is no longer any movement to trigger the recording .... ?
<snipped video to save space>

Yes, and when he/she rounds that corner it picks up the action again from a different camera. The two video angles are merely spliced together there.

All I can figure is that ANYONE who is pictured with Missy from Missy's FB is now a possible perp...................for crying out loud........She had friends, and she was friendly. This photo means nothing to me. And the guy is a good 8 inches taller than her. BIG guy. Sheesh. JMO

Apologies I upset you so. I still think its someone close to her. I didn't say I thought it was him, thats your speculation.
He is just someone else to look at...Purely MOO...
I'm patientlly waiting on LE. We will see who the perp was.

I noticed that too, also what stuck out to me is which arrived first, LE or EMT? The reason I ask is because usually if there is some sort of obvious threat EMT's will wait for LE accompany for their own safety. Just been my personal experience..

JMHO from reading Official Press Release (with timeline and that Fire Dept/EMT arrive at the location at 5:07 and Officers arrive at the location at 5:10am. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523292#post12523292 SW make sound like to me they FD/EMT went in prior to Officers arrival. jmho

Also its unclear if there was another 911 call not listed on the Official Press Release at 506 (1 min prior before FD/EMT arrival) that per this iPhone/iPad SW Affidavit, stating she was not breathing and deceased. Snip iPhone iPad SW.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther