TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
This excerpt caught my attention (http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160705/bevers-case-ongoing ):
“We have some investigative efforts planned for next week, but it is accurate to say that we still do not have a specific suspect,” said assistant police chief Kevin Johnson.​
After the investigators’ initial push for the public’s help reviewing the security footage and the thousands of tips that flowed in from around the country, he said investigators are content with a lower profile investigation and will seek the public’s help if needed in the future."

BBM

Does this mean they have a good lead now?​

General question: why has the assistant police chief been the spokesperson? Why not the police chief? Or should I not try to read anything into that?

That "news" paper is not helpful.

The Dallas Morning News is trying the paywall thing again(maybe they think the third time is a charm)?? After 5 hits, they direct you to the paywall to read articles.

Nothing new or of much interest in this from yesterday, but it did remind me of a question I have had. Why did LE document one of the search warrants as stating they thought the SP had a cell phone? Have they confirmed they have seen video footage of him using it at some point?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Missy-Bevers_Dallas-Fort-Worth-385464701.html

I take it as legal grounds to get the cell tower dump search warrant. They may have or they may not have seen him/her actually using a cell phone/recording device.

-Nin

General question: why has the assistant police chief been the spokesperson? Why not the police chief? Or should I not try to read anything into that?

Chief of police Carl Smith did the very first presser, if you recall. He can appoint anyone as spokesperson. It takes a lot of time away to preparing and conducting press briefings IMO, time that needs to be spend on the case. Just my thoughts.

-Nin

[video=youtube;XNLtwTK2hq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

Yes, I had forgotten about that comment as well. Someone posted that portion of the SW recently and all of the specifics noted just seemed odd. Calls, video taping the murder, using GPS, using maps. Either they had seen video of SW using the phone several times, or they were just throwing out every possible way a phone 'could' be used in to the search warrant to cover their bases should one turn up....

Just a tactic by LE to make a strong case for the cell tower records, so that the judge would sign the order. IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have wondered about this myself. IIRC, LE also said that in addition to being used to film the assault that the cell phone was used to contact another person around the time of MB's death. I wonder if they have video of SP on a phone. We have only seen a small portion of the video that LE has at their disposable. If LE viewed SP on a cell phone, LE knows that there is at least one accomplice.
Notifying someone that the deed was done perhaps? JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

This may be an impossible task and/or illegal.

Is LE, able to take the phone calls made or received in the short time frame SP had to commit his deed, and track each number to an owner? Then, narrow it down to whatever margins decided on, and go talk to those people?

If LE thinks the killer used a cell phone, in this length of time I would think they know who each number belongs to. Is this a clue to SP they are on his trail? Just like the Altima that LE did not know who the owner was. I believe these are subtle tips that are meant to put SP on his/her guard to make them nervous enough they will slip up.

My opinions only.

This may be an impossible task and/or illegal.

Is LE, able to take the phone calls made or received in the short time frame SP had to commit his deed, and track each number to an owner? Then, narrow it down to whatever margins decided on, and go talk to those people?

If LE thinks the killer used a cell phone, in this length of time I would think they know who each number belongs to. Is this a clue to SP they are on his trail? Just like the Altima that LE did not know who the owner was. I believe these are subtle tips that are meant to put SP on his/her guard to make them nervous enough they will slip up.

My opinions only.
They issued a search warrant for the nearby (to church) AT&T cell phone tower for its records. So if SP made a phone call from the church or nearby they would have those records.

The link to the search warrant is on the first page at the end of the first post.

So nice to be back ~ I for one really missed the forum. Glad to see everyone.

I was hoping for an arrest as we re-convened. Let's hope it's soon.

I am staying in the 'they know who did it' camp. Proving is another matter. Although I currently believe it is a woman unsub I do admit to wondering if a male is more likely. The fact they are trying to dampen and are not looking for input gives me the notion that they are working on the final bits of the spiders web that this case is...jmo..

I hope they know who it is but just cannot prove it yet. I fear they do not know. I hope I am wrong. I hope they are building a solid case as we speak.

They issued a search warrant for the nearby (to church) AT&T cell phone tower for its records. So if SP made a phone call from the church or nearby they would have those records.

Is AT&T the main or only carrier in that area? Or does other carriers go thru AT&T?

Thank you Tricia and mods 😀 Hoping all had a wonderful 4th of July 🇺🇸

Now my thoughts are that the LE still doesn't know who the SwatPerp is and by trying to state SW of new cell phone data is a pawn to frighten this person. This possibility may make the Perpetrator a little more nervous thinking "they got me".

Unless the LE has a specific person in mind, I'm going to call this one a ruse, because I would hope all cellphone data was collected when the investigation began. I just can't get a good feel from this. However, I do hope LE will be able to solve this case.

RIP Missy Bevers 🌹

General question: at what point is a case considered cold? Is there a standard definition or is it whenever the leads dry up?

Also thanks to the mods on this thread! We do get carried away on cases like this so I appreciate the cleaning up you've had to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the latest news articles that say MPD do not have a suspect, and the weekly updates from them are done, and that things in the investigation are slowing down, I don't think this is a case of 'they know who did it they're just gathering more evidence and an arrest will follow soon'. I certainly hoped it was such a case but I no longer think that is so.

ETA I also think SP is male.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Do you have a link? I haven't seen an article that says MPD doesn't have a suspect.

Thanks.

I've felt like I was going thru total caffeine withdrawal without the forum for the past few days...but it gave me time to reassess my opinions/theories/pictures, etc.

Sincere thanks to Tricia for reopening.

In a recent police press conference they stated that the Bevers alibis were independently corroborated, and that the family is not the focus of their investigation. I am assuming this means not only are the family not considered as possible perpetrators of the crime themselves, but that they are also not considered as having hired someone to kill MB.

And going back to the "target interests" for a bit...

Brandon, Randy and Vicki Bevers alibis for their whereabouts were corroborated by independent sources - that eliminates them IMHO.
W. Houtz - if I recall correctly this individual does not even live in the area - that eliminates this person IMHO.
A. Tucker - police also said they believe the killer is light skinned - that eliminates him IMHO.
K. Cozine - police have said per Tarrant County Digital Forensics work they believe the killer is 5'2" tall to 5'7" tall - that eliminates him IMHO.
M. Cozine - ?
C. Tucker - ?
C. Williams - per his MMA stats he is 5'8" tall/146# and he also does not reside in the area - that eliminates him IMHO.

In researching I have found nothing to suggest any sort of possible motive for M. Cozine. But it's quite the contrary for C. Tucker. It's easy to see a possible motive there, with A. Tucker working a lot more with MB, "working later at night and earlier in the morning" per his FB post (I previously posted,) and with his Austin trip with MB just days before the murder.

And I've watched that darn surveillance video at least 1,000 times now & IMHO I still believe the killer is a woman. The walk/sway is female, the stance is female when she's stopped, and the eye pictures I keep working on reflect a woman's eyes IMHO. I know that Batbrat has done some amazing animations where she portrays the killer as male, but still - her assessments are based on her own estimations and cannot be exact. Lots of the video is distorted and none of us have the exact measurements of the doors, hallways, etc.

Anyway, after revisiting the video over the past few days - I wanted to point out something about the killer that very closely resembles CT's mannerisms.

Before CT made her FB private she had posted a video of herself pouring an ice cooler of ice over herself (and it was previously posted on the board) and if you recall her stance - she stood with her left foot toes on the ground with her heel in the air. (I'm not referring to her right ankle injury/surgery.)

There is a picture of her from AT's public FB from 2014 showing this very same stance - please note the left foot toes on the ground and heel in the air.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1482551073166.62972.1515516034&type=3&theater

Anyway, I have found at least 9 frames in the MPD surveillance video where the killer does that very same thing with his/her left foot. Here's just a few examples but if you view the video frame by frame you will see lots of other instances and the killer seems to take steps by placing the weight of his/her left foot on the toes first with the heel up.

1.01 for left leg example.jpg

left foot (5).png

just before happy dance 4.png

So, I think this is an interesting characteristic of the killer and it seems very similar to CT.

Finally, on another note - it's been posted before and I have come to totally agree that the first 14 to 15 seconds of the surveillance video were of the killer *after* the murder, and at the end of that hallway the killer does a bit of a "happy dance." (This is the segment where the killer is touching the wall as he/she walks.) I did some closeup screen captures from this segment of the video and the killer does not have any tools or objects in his/her hands and there does not appear to be any tools or objects sticking out of his/her pockets or pouch, etc.

just before happy dance 2.png

Here's hoping MPD glean enough evidence in their investigation to bring this killer to justice.

Had more time to work on the video frames and came up with my best captures so far. I can't help but think, that the guys from NYPD/ FBI with their high tech equipment assisting MLPD must have come up with some real nice enhanced images of the perp..

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• perp face3 X WS.jpg
    perp face3 X WS.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,024
  • perp across dutch door 1 47 WS.png
    perp across dutch door 1 47 WS.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 732
  • perp lineup dutch doors1 WS.jpg
    perp lineup dutch doors1 WS.jpg