TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that even mean? is it about forgiveness? Just seems like he's posting random verses.
It's about God guaranteeing he will save us and guarantee everlasting life. Has to do with the difference between signs and seals that no one here probably wants a lesson in from me. My church did a sermon recently on this. I don't find it random or suspicious. When my devout Christian family or friends lose someone, they post scripture frequently on fb that speaks to them.

Regarding the bolded part, I have no words, except to wonder if I've wandered into 1885.

This is a forum about such a horrible sad tragedy that the comic relief from the words "mostly womens lib fitness classes (even though plenty of males are campers as well)" ​was welcome.

I'm not sure what it means. His daily verse selections have been so odd. Had these posts happened before the murder, I'd try to stop myself from reading too much into them but in my opinion, everything he does or says publicly is fair game for scrutiny. My take is that he's venting via scripture.

I'm usually on the "people grieve differently" bandwagon with everyone else when a horrible thing like this happens and try to rein in any auto-judgment I may have of how someone's grief should look but so far, even with all the time he's spent in front of a camera talking, there hasn't been enough grief shown for me to even stop myself from being judgmental. There are explanations for this other than guilt, and I acknowledge that.

It's pretty obvious where I lean in my opinion (worth absolutely nothing, by the way) of what general direction the evidence is pointing but if I am wrong, I will truly and genuinely be relieved to be wrong. To lose your mom, your daughter, your sister in such a violent, horrific way is more than my mind can imagine and my hope is that those girls have a strong and loving Dad there to comfort them and help them deal with this nightmare.

Hopefully he will get professional mental health support for the whole family, especially the girls. But a fb post he made to the effect that God has given them all they need for their therapy has me concerned. The picture of the three girls he posted with the sunflowers is so sad, the little one ... IMO, and I would say this to him in person, it is unwise to post pictures of them at this time. They need privacy, even if he doesn't.

What does that even mean? is it about forgiveness? Just seems like he's posting random verses.

I don't know that we can assume BB is choosing the verses, MOO. It's almost as if he is posting the scripture that he is given each day by an app or bible study plan. I have an app that does this that is connected to FB and it gives you the option of sharing the scripture with your friends on your timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition View Post
That's not what SIL said. She said one of the reasons she went over was to be sure that the eldest daughter didn't accompany Missy that day and was relieved to find her in bed.

Well, according to FB comments posted BEFORE the murder, the daughter went to 9 AM classes, not the 5 AM ones. I tend to believe that. I doubt a teenager would want to go to 5 AM classes. It wasn't a job for her...just something she did to accompany her mother.
Respectfully BBM, correct Bill, and iirc it is actually the middle daughter that would go AB. I also had to laugh at the SIL, "she said she always wanted to be a detective, never misses a Dateline episode" That may be one of the reasons she was so upset "our lead" didn't pan out. (other than the obvious) Just curious if she reads WS? Can learn a lot here ;)

:silly: someone looked it up for me when I said that seem like pretty fast time getting there (getting call, jump in veh and haull a$$) It was 7 miles, what the member found. LOL But they dispatched the call prior to that lol. So honestly its either a typo or maybe a second call. JMHO but it not inline factual with other times released. I am sticking with orig. & making notes. But the Orig also said she entered into building at 420 but Captain Spann said at new conf that 418 he thought

The fire station that would have responded is only 3 miles away on FM 1387. I don't know why it is not on google maps?? You can look up http://www.midlothianfire.com/locations.htm and see that there are actually 3 stations in town now.

I don't know that we can assume BB is choosing the verses, MOO. It's almost as if he is posting the scripture that he is given each day by an app or bible study plan. I have an app that does this that is connected to FB and it gives you the option of sharing the scripture with your friends on your timeline.

Yea, I wondered about that too, and it's possible. I kind of doubt it though, only because the punctuation makes it looks like he copies and pastes specific passages from the YouVersion bible app. I have that same app and set it up a long time ago to have their Verse of the Day text to me every day and they're not the same at all. The significance of his verse selections is debatable, and I could be reading more into it than is there.

On a side note, it might be worth mentioning that the verse YouVersion sent me on Monday was Proverbs 17:28 'Even fools seem to be wise if they keep quiet; if they don't speak, they appear to understand.'

I have to say, I'm starting to like Brandon. I am wondering if he has a specific person in mind as the suspect.

i agree with another WSer who wrote that BB might be more comfortable using scripture to convey his feelings. I feel like we are seeing a little more fire out of BB lately, which is good.

He might have selected this verse because some people have said he wasn't acting "Christian" enough, and this was his response.

Just my speculation.

If the person who set her up decided to text or email or call her during the time while the murder was taking place to make sure that she wasn't still at home or something. Then it would fall in the realm of during the crime. Jmo.

I have lots of pages to catch up on but I thought this too. Also, if someone was texting or calling her during the time that the killer was already inside the church, that may technically fall in the time of during. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nationals View Post
This has all the earmarks of an attempted burglary gone wrong. Thats why they haven't IDed the perp or perps yet. That's also why he didn't park under surveillance cameras and why he disguised himself and why he was in no hurry while smashing glass and prying doors inside church, clearly looking for cash or electronics. He didn't think anyone would come in probably for hours. He killed her because she surprised him, probably saw his face, and he didn't want to either go back to jail or get deported. He invested in all of the tools of the trade and had to use those as well as whatever else was at his disposal to kill her as he wasn't prepared to kill anyone that day. Probably walked there or hid car streets away. My money's on B&E gone wrong. The crime is extremely common and statistically this is the most probable by a mile. If he worked alone they may never catch him
I respectfully disagree. The burglar could have easily left without being seen or just run away. I don't think a burglar would have stopped in the kitchen for a knife if this was a B&E also there was nothing stolen. In my opinion this was a premeditated murder. Especially with the face and chest wounds which suggest rage, anger, jealousy or a crime of passion.
I agree. IIRC premeditated doesn't have to be long time in advance either.

BBM below....But LEO will have to be able to prove it to be premeditated I would think (investigation into why they feel she was targeted will prove this other than the SWAT looking clothing) Def example could say using the hammer/tool to break into safe but was walked in on by MB and hit her and ran off....

premeditation
n. planning, plotting or deliberating before doing something. Premeditation is an element in first degree murder and shows intent to commit that crime.

PREMEDITATION. A design formed to commit a crime or to do some other thing before it is done.
2. Premeditation differs essentially from will, which constitutes the crime, because it supposes besides an actual will, a deliberation and a continued persistence which indicate more perversity. The preparation of arms or other instruments required for the execution of the crime, are indications of a premeditation, but are not absolute proof of it, as these preparations may have been intended for other purposes, and then suddenly changed to the performance of the criminal act. Murder by poisoning must of necessity be done with premeditation. See Aforethought; Murder.
A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States. By John Bouvier. Published 1856.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/premeditation

....I really have no clue what I think about this case....

It perplexes me that tools from the church were involved in this, and left behind. Presumably they also had their own tools to break in with to start with. Then is it a burglar coming across tools and thinking, 'hey these are cool, lemme use these' (but you would think a burglar who was serious enough to have such a disguise would also have a serious tool kit of their own) or is it somebody with a purpose who also bumped into these tools or already knew they were there.

If it's a burglar then that was "good work" in the heat of the moment, after just attacking somebody, to manage to remember to sort the tools out and leave the church tools behind and take your own. If it's somebody with a purpose - that was very good thinking because now you've used something which has no connection to you (except for that little point that maybe you already knew they were there in the church), which you don't need to take home and which isn't going to be missed from home if it disappears - because why would you risk keeping the weapon.

2 1/2 weeks later and I still switch between it being a burglar who's probably going to lay low for a long time and probably won't be using that disguise again (and if it's a burglar, probably very difficult to trace back to them) and somebody who targeted MB and who possibly owns boxsets of every CSI season(!).

I'm still leaning a bit towards the side of it being targeted and very planned by somebody who appears to really want to get away with it. I wonder how they're pulling off being psychologically the same after.
BBM :yeahthat: :goodpost:

I'm not sure what it means. His daily verse selections have been so odd. Had these posts happened before the murder, I'd try to stop myself from reading too much into them but in my opinion, everything he does or says publicly is fair game for scrutiny. My take is that he's venting via scripture.

I'm usually on the "people grieve differently" bandwagon with everyone else when a horrible thing like this happens and try to rein in any auto-judgment I may have of how someone's grief should look but so far, even with all the time he's spent in front of a camera talking, there hasn't been enough grief shown for me to even stop myself from being judgmental. There are explanations for this other than guilt, and I acknowledge that.

It's pretty obvious where I lean in my opinion (worth absolutely nothing, by the way) of what general direction the evidence is pointing but if I am wrong, I will truly and genuinely be relieved to be wrong. To lose your mom, your daughter, your sister in such a violent, horrific way is more than my mind can imagine and my hope is that those girls have a strong and loving Dad there to comfort them and help them deal with this nightmare.

I agree; people may grieve differently, but they DO grieve.

Dr visits and paying out of pocket would still be cheaper than buying them on the street. I don't know what the Dallas market is like, but around here (Midwest) they run $5-$10 per pill. So 30 of them would be $300 but if you go to the doc you might pay $100 for the office visit and maybe $10 for a bottle of 30.
OT, Just wanted to add that here on long island you pay by mg!!!! My daughter BFs father suffers from chronic pain and he gets 30 mg pills and everyone keeps telling him to sell because he gets 60 at a time. Expensive habit opiates are.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The fire station that would have responded is only 3 miles away on FM 1387. I don't know why it is not on google maps?? You can look up http://www.midlothianfire.com/locations.htm and see that there are actually 3 stations in town now.

Heck it takes me at least a minute to walk to my mail box ;) < Just being silly about the time line. 1 min to get there. Thank you or the link though. Handy to have.

I think my last post got deleted.....or I didn't post it correctly. This is the cod that I was told from the beginning of this case. It was so hard to just read everyone's thoughts and comments without stating what I knew. Now that we know she was wounded with punctures or stab wounds, I feel like this person had a lot of rage against her and that's why I've stated that I, friends, family and some of the long time locals I've spoken to don't feel scared or afraid. We feel sad that this has happened but don't feel like we have a serial killer on the loose. And I'll state again as I've stated before, I do not believe the camper that found MB or any of the campers were involved.

JMHO The short time frame going out that side the arriving campers would have seen. Suspect didn't stick around.

Per Chief Smith and Captain Spann in press conf that afternoon they didnt have any evidence that Suspect went out either of the 2nd and 3rd windows broken. (those would be the kitchen window, and the double doors at the end of the hallway the kitchens are on). They think the Suspect went back out the way came in, through the metal door (that leads into the kitchen) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

I'm trying to find early on where they said they had camera footage of the perp in the kitchen, but at least initially LE said that they had footage inside the kitchen

I think my last post got deleted.....or I didn't post it correctly. This is the cod that I was told from the beginning of this case. It was so hard to just read everyone's thoughts and comments without stating what I knew. Now that we know she was wounded with punctures or stab wounds, I feel like this person had a lot of rage against her and that's why I've stated that I, friends, family and some of the long time locals I've spoken to don't feel scared or afraid. We feel sad that this has happened but don't feel like we have a serial killer on the loose. And I'll state again as I've stated before, I do not believe the camper that found MB or any of the campers were involved.

OK, so you were initially told stab / puncture wounds from the start (via the woman that found her), hence your confusion when the CoD was released as blunt head trauma or whatever term they used? Do we think the rumours of a shooting are totally false then?

OK, so you were initially told stab / puncture wounds from the start (via the woman that found her), hence your confusion when the CoD was released as blunt head trauma or whatever term they used? Do we think the rumours of a shooting are totally false then?

Yes, exactly! I was thrown off with the released cod as blunt head trauma because I had been told she had been stabbed/puncture wounds. I don't believe I've been told or heard that she was shot....and I feel like that's why the poi was in the kitchen looking around for a tool or knife and that might have been used as one of the weapons?!

This is very, very disturbing.

There is a video game called Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and one of the weapons is a hammer. You can find a videos on youtube of people using the hammer to kill all sorts of people

I'm starting to think we have a gaming freak on our hands.

That theory is still on the table for me too. But if so, I think it's one of her children's friends in order to know details about where she was and what she was doing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky