TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now we know of two doors at the school that should have been locked but were not. One due to a faulty lock mechanism and the other (the outside door) we don't really yet know why it wasn't locked. One the principal was aware of, and the other she should have been aware of. Lots of people were dropping the ball.

So now we know of two doors at the school that should have been locked but were not. One due to a faulty lock mechanism and the other (the outside door) we don't really yet know why it wasn't locked. One the principal was aware of, and the other she should have been aware of. Lots of people were dropping the ball.
Thanks. Keeping the shooter outside would have made a big difference in this case IMO.

This teacher, who was shot, tells it like it is-- your heart goes out to him as he watched his students die-he was lucky to survive. He called the police cowards and they were. period. He says he will never forgive these police officers for doing basically nothing. Neither will I and they should not be forgiven.

Morgan Chesky
@BreakingChesky

UVALDE: Mayor Don McLaughlin holds emergency council meeting to consider reissuing a local state of disaster due to emergency. Noticeably absent, newly elected council member Pete Arredondo.

Mayor tells me he has asked DA in charge of investigation repeatedly for a briefing on where things stand and has yet to be told anything or receive any update regarding its status. When asked how that feels he said, “Frustrating.”

@AaronKatersky
Uvalde City Council extended a disaster declaration. Newly sworn councilman Pete Arredondo was absent from the vote. Mayor Don McLaughlin said he has not spoken to Arredondo in more than a week.

The Uvalde city police chief was on vacation when the Robb Elementary School massacre occurred. He returned as soon as he could, Mayor Don McLaughlin said. The mayor said he is unaware of the command structure that day.

@cmpcamille
Mayor also says he hasn’t asked his own city police department for information because@he doesn’t want to impede the investigation. Mayor said he wants answers too. He told reporters he is in the dark.

Last edited:

MOO The only person who dropped the ball was the mass shooter. Schools in the continental US are sitting ducks. It doesn't matter if the door was locked; the shooter would've shot it open or gone to the next room. What if the kids were outside for recess? No door needed. MOO

This teacher, who was shot, tells it like it is-- your heart goes out to him as he watched his students die-he was lucky to survive. He called the police cowards and they were. period. He says he will never forgive these police officers for doing basically nothing. Neither will I and they should not be forgiven.
If even one officer had said, "I have to go in there" and forged ahead, I think the others would have followed.

MOO The only person who dropped the ball was the mass shooter. Schools in the continental US are sitting ducks. It doesn't matter if the door was locked; the shooter would've shot it open or gone to the next room. What if the kids were outside for recess? No door needed. MOO

I respectfully totally disagree with you. The shooter of course is 100 responsible for his actions and the deaths that occurred. But there are mitigating factors. If there were no mitigating factors there would be no investigation into the facts of what occurred here. Yes, it makes a difference if the door was locked, yes it makes a difference if 19 police officers stood around and picked their noses while the shooter locked over 20 people in a room, mostly children, while he mowed them down. Had officers gone in sooner it is likely that some of those people could have survived with emergency treatment.
What ifs don't mean much. You can what if until the cows come home. Shooters don't usually shoot kids in recess- they prefer a bunch of kids in a room where they cannot escape. This entire shooting incident was a travesty-- because of the way it was handled (or not handled). Even now the those who were in charge on that day, are being opaque (vs. transparent) and trying to cover their butts. It is disgusting.

I respectfully totally disagree with you. The shooter of course is 100 responsible for his actions and the deaths that occurred. But there are mitigating factors. If there were no mitigating factors there would be no investigation into the facts of what occurred here. Yes, it makes a difference if the door was locked, yes it makes a difference if 19 police officers stood around and picked their noses while the shooter locked over 20 people in a room, mostly children, while he mowed them down. Had officers gone in sooner it is likely that some of those people could have survived with emergency treatment.
What ifs don't mean much. You can what if until the cows come home. Shooters don't usually shoot kids in recess- they prefer a bunch of kids in a room where they cannot escape. This entire shooting incident was a travesty-- because of the way it was handled (or not handled). Even now the those who were in charge on that day, are being opaque (vs. transparent) and trying to cover their butts. It is disgusting.

Hopefully, the federal review will provide accurate and verifiable information on all aspects of the LE response, the various agencies, the incident command, communications, etc. There are many conflicting and incomplete accounts at the moment, so in my opinion it is too early to pass judgment, as extremely tragic as the situation is.

Hopefully, the federal review will provide accurate and verifiable information on all aspects of the LE response, the various agencies, the incident command, communications, etc. There are many conflicting and incomplete accounts at the moment, so in my opinion it is too early to pass judgment, as extremely tragic as the situation is.
I too am looking forward to the investigation by the Department of Justice.

***Link has the full speech

Actor Matthew McConaughey delivered impassioned and at-times emotional remarks at the White House press briefing on Tuesday, telling the stories of those who died in the elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, and urging more action on gun control.

McConaughey spent the opening minutes of the briefing talking about those who died, saying he needed to tell their stories to show how action needed to be taken to honor the lives of the 19 children and two teachers killed at Robb Elementary School last month in his hometown of Uvalde, Texas.

“We are in a window of opportunity right now that we have not been in before. A window where it seems like real change, real change can happen,” McConaughey said from the podium.

Instead of funding its own Police Department, the School District should invest in employing a psychologist in each school to help troubled children/teens.
Texas is making an effort. Too late for Uvalde, tragically. When I found this, I felt some hope amidst the darkness.

BBM
Created in 2019, the Texas Child Mental Health Care Consortium identifies distressed students and refers them to mental health services.

[T]he Texas Child Mental Health Care Consortium of experts operating from a dozen universities across the state has treated more than 6,000 students identified by school staff, doctors and others — including those at high risk for hurting themselves or others

[Uvalde] school district was on the list to be offered entry into the program, but it has not been formally included yet because the program is still ramping up, said Dr. Steven R. Pliszka, chair of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at UT Health San Antonio and administrator of the university’s consortium-funded program.

The gap was simply a matter of timing and resources available to a brand-new program still trying to build partnerships with school districts across the state, he said.

“We kind of reached a limit to our staffing in the first round of funding and we were planning to reach out to more rural districts, and Uvalde was obviously on our list,” he said. “Sadly, this happened before we could make that connection.”

Uvalde High School Senior describes what Salvador Ramos was like before the mass shooting​

Ivan, a former classmate of the shooter wants the world to know the truth about the shooter -- confirming what most of us already know -- typical mass shooter profile-- right down to torturing animals.
Thanks for the link.
It sounds like SR was the bully, and had been for a long time ?
Many red flags.

Usually a bullied person becomes a bully himself.
It is like repeating the same pattern.

That is why therapy is needed - to break free from it.
You are right. I had heard that he was from a poor family and teased because of his clothing. If that is true, it is very sad. I was bullied a bit in school and I know what that feels like, the hopelessness of it. But we may never really know what happened and led him to this horrific act.

I noticed one more thing in the linked video which might very well be explained as a shadow but it looks to me that as SR approaches his entrance to the school that the door is visually open. o_O It's probably a shadow but I'd not noticed it before. MOO
RSBBM

Could you give a timestamp? I looked at the video that includes the interview of teacher Reyes but couldn't find what you are describing.

TIA!

What was this armored car resembling a tank outside the school?
Couldn't LE just destroy the wall of the classroom with it and get the shooter?
SWAT vehicle SWAT vehicle - Wikipedia
That does not sound like a good idea. The vehicle was the Border Patrol's who knew kids were alive. I don't know if SWAT vehicles are a capable of destroying walls.

Last edited:
RSBBM

Could you give a timestamp? I looked at the video that includes the interview of teacher Reyes but couldn't find what you are describing.

TIA!
I think it's the dark fencing that protects the AC units.

Video is here: Screenshot is from Streetview...May 2022529 Perez St - Google Maps.png

420 Geraldine St - Google Maps.png

Still from a cellphone image. The sun's angle, time of day and resolution from cell phone all seem to be a factor in the image quality of SR entering the building. The AC units almost look like a dumpster. It's a blurry image.

shooter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member