TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions (I can't hear the questions, just the answers)

Ability for an 18 yr old to buy a long gun has been in place in TX for 60 years. For a majority of these years, we didn't have any incidents like this. Anyone that shoots anyone else has a mental health challenge, period. We need to target that mental health challenge.

They are in the process of going through the crime scenes. The school, the car, and grandma's house.

There may be clues that they are still finding -there may be a girl in CA that didn't report it.

AFter the Santa Fe shooting, Abbott signed 17 laws for school safety. Standards the school has to comply with regarding threat assessment.

I'm a bit confused on how/why he was allowed to enter the school even though the School Resource Officer clearly saw him. Why not attempt to detain him right at that moment? Was that Officer not armed? Did S.R. point his gun at this Officer? Why didn't this Officer simply fire at him and attempt to disharm him right there?

The way the events have been described makes it seem like it all happened in a matter of SECONDS. How could he have murdered 21 people inside two classrooms (even though they were apparently connected), if the School Resource Officer immediately followed him and allegedly restained him? And how does he end up dead if he was restrained? Was he restrained AFTER being fatally shot?

And then, it has been reported that the grandmother was still alive, then it was reported that she was dead, then it was reported again that she's still alive. Which one is it? She was able to call for help after being shot IN THE FACE. I hope she makes it. And I obviously hope that all of the kids that are still hanging on also make it without any physical issues (because the psychological issues will most likely be numerous, those poor little souls).
By the way, did S.R. live with the grandfather that has spoken to the media or it was just him and the grandmother?

Communication has been a bit... confusing.

With utmost respect to those recommending secure entrances and metal detectors at school buildings, we would have to completely rebuild both high schools in my district, and include internal entrances to the gyms, greenhouse, welding shop, auto shop, and ensure there was capacity inside the building to never need portables. My students ingress and egress buildings multiple times per day on my campus.

We’d also have to totally rebuild half the primary schools and a couple of middle schools as well.

And I’m completely fine with that being the answer… but where would we house the students in the meantime?

I also pray that the public will refrain from pointing fingers at the high school staff and students who had this shooter at their school. I can’t imagine what they are going through tonight.
I live in a small town, with very limited funding for our schools. We were able to obtain federal and state grants to cover the cost of securing our schools. Our schools are old, the middle school over 100 years and both elementary over 75 years old. We used the funds to add bullet proof glass in entry ways, and a "call system", to give name and name of child before you are buzzed in.

Its up to school boards to seek funding and make more frugal decisions on where money's are spent. MOO...I'd rather see security as a priority, than new playground equipment, new computers, library books, etc.

States and cities were given billions for Covid, with little to no strings attached. Our community raised cain, when the school board wanted to give our Covid money for lavish trips to conferences, catered lunches, and many other rewards. We felt keeping our kids and teachers safe and alive was the most important use of the money.

All my humble opinion....and I'll save my thoughts on why we put, every kid in the US on school buses with NO seat belts. Safety does not seem to be a priority, period.

That's a major motivation for many of these guys. They want the infamy that comes with committing an act like this. Logically of course it makes no sense, as it's not like they are alive to see it (in many cases).

These monsters never considered doing this decades ago, but now it's what you do.

So make changes, fix loopholes, and do whatever you think might help. You can maybe cut down on how often this occcurs, and possibly how many casualties there are at each event, but you can't stop them all.

Because the problem is much deeper than people merely having the means to do something like this (although that's a huge part).

It's all the ones who want to in the first place...
You are dead on !!!! IMO...

Can't remember the name of the book, but years ago I read interviews with serial killers. They all were seeking fame.

Gunman's grandmother "is in critical condition but she's still alive," Texas official says​

Here's a timeline of how the Uvalde school shooter purchased his guns and ammunition​

Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, detailed how the gunman responsible for the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School obtained his guns and ammunition, at a news conference Tuesday.
The 18-year-old, identified as Salvador Ramos by officials, was a dropout of the Uvalde High School and authorities have not found a criminal history so far, McCraw said, adding that the gunman lived with his 66-year-old grandmother.
"On March 17, Ramos purchased a semiautomatic rifle at a local sporting goods store. On March 18, he purchased 375 rounds of ammunition for that rifle. On March 20, he purchased another semiautomatic rifle at this same local store," McCraw said.

I'm a bit confused on how/why he was allowed to enter the school even though the School Resource Officer clearly saw him. Why not attempt to detain him right at that moment? Was that Officer not armed? Did S.R. point his gun at this Officer? Why didn't this Officer simply fire at him and attempt to disharm him right there?

The way the events have been described makes it seem like it all happened in a matter of SECONDS. How could he have murdered 21 people inside two classrooms (even though they were apparently connected), if the School Resource Officer immediately followed him and allegedly restained him? And how does he end up dead if he was restrained? Was he restrained AFTER being fatally shot?

And then, it has been reported that the grandmother was still alive, then it was reported that she was dead, then it was reported again that she's still alive. Which one is it? She was able to call for help after being shot IN THE FACE. I hope she makes it. And I obviously hope that all of the kids that are still hanging on also make it without any physical issues (because the psychological issues will most likely be numerous, those poor little souls).
By the way, did S.R. live with the grandfather that has spoken to the media or it was just him and the grandmother?

Communication has been a bit... confusing.
As I understand it from multiple sources (one posted below), at least one officer confronted the shooter OUTSIDE of the school and exchanged gunfire. They were unable to stop him from entering the building. He then barricaded himself inside one of the classrooms. Officers were getting children out of the windows of other classrooms while an elite tactical team went inside and exchanged gunfire with the shooter again, probably killing him (they haven't yet confirmed what bullets killed him).

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/25/us/shooting-robb-elementary-uvalde

That's a major motivation for many of these guys. They want the infamy that comes with committing an act like this. Logically of course it makes no sense, as it's not like they are alive to see it (in many cases).

These monsters never considered doing this decades ago, but now it's what you do.

So make changes, fix loopholes, and do whatever you think might help. You can maybe cut down on how often this occcurs, and possibly how many casualties there are at each event, but you can't stop them all.

Because the problem is much deeper than people merely having the means to do something like this (although that's a huge part).

It's all the ones who want to in the first place...

It is a trend, they see others online in forums being hailed as heroes, incel heroes, etc...Dylan Roof aa BowlCut Hero there are forums for the columbine Shooters they are viewed as anti-social heroes to some.

This is why I refuse to learn this a$$hat's name. I'm plugging my ears and singing "la la la" when it's mentioned.
The grocery store mass murderer said he looked up to people like Adam Lanza and pretty much wanted attention to his "noble cause" (my words, not his).

Some of the Facts per Abbott - understanding it's an ongoing investigation

* The first thing that happened was that the gunman shot his grandmother in the face, and she contacted police. He fled and had an accident outside the elementary school and he went into the school.
* Officers engaged - he went into the back door and then went into a classroom - it was connected to another classroom.
* Officers went to the classroom and killed the gunman.
* 19 Children have lost their lives.
* 2 Faculty members lost their lives.
* Additionally, 17 people injured, but their injuries aren't life threatening.
* All family members of the students and faculty have been contacted and informed of the circumstances.
* Gunman was 18 years old and a reportedly a high school drop out, and no reported criminal history yet - there may have been a juvenile record, but that's still to be determined.
* No known mental health history of the gunman
* Used one weapon - AR 15
* No meaningful forewarning except - he posted 30 mins on FB: he said that he was going to shoot his grandmother, the second post was that he shot his grandmother, the third post 15 mins before getting to the school was I'm going to shoot an elementary school.
He had an accident outside the school? Car accident? or Did he wet himself?

And from the same article, the shooter's former friend describes -

'Once, Ramos pulled up to a park where they often played basketball with cuts all over his face. He first said a cat had scratched his face. “Then he told me the truth, that he’d cut up his face with knives over and over and over,” Valdez said. “I was like, ‘You’re crazy, bro. Why would you do that?’

HUGE RED FLAG. No one else noticed these cuts?

"After Abbott made these comments about the shooter's social media activity, Meta spokesperson Andy Stone tweeted: "The messages Gov. Abbott described were private one-to-one text messages that were discovered after the terrible tragedy occurred. We are closely cooperating with law enforcement in their ongoing investigation.""

One-to-One but to who? JMO

Questions (I can't hear the questions, just the answers)

Ability for an 18 yr old to buy a long gun has been in place in TX for 60 years. For a majority of these years, we didn't have any incidents like this. Anyone that shoots anyone else has a mental health challenge, period. We need to target that mental health challenge.

They are in the process of going through the crime scenes. The school, the car, and grandma's house.

There may be clues that they are still finding -there may be a girl in CA that didn't report it.

AFter the Santa Fe shooting, Abbott signed 17 laws for school safety. Standards the school has to comply with regarding threat assessment.

A background check could have helped.

The FBI released a document called " Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2021". As per the NY Times, they released it one day before this killer committed these murders.
Not suggesting any connection between the release of the document and this killer - but this massacre will be treated as an active shooter event, according to the FBI definition.

It says that these active shooter incidents are in a steep upward trend.

2017-2021
View attachment 345851

Absolutely, its not just schools, but weekly and sometimes daily on subways, drive by shooting killing the innocent, daily car jacking at gun point, bone breakins, at gun point, the list is endless.The news headlines this daily.

We need to look to our leaders. Some cities and states may place more emphasis on reform, than containing violent criminals. I'm all for second chances, and some are reformed.

A life without consequences for our actions, creates a danger to the innocent. No punishment/ consequences, wether at home, school or in the justice system, creates an environment/encouragement for repeat behavior.

My humble opinion and raising by very strict parents. You did wrong, you paid with the punishment.

All my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member