TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in .. I can't believe she still hasn't been found. The poor family!

My prayers go to them and Zuzu.

If he (or someone) did kill her, he/whoever possibly could have disposed of her body 50+ miles away, and if so, it might be a while before her body is found. I remember what Bundy did with his victims -- the bodies didn't show up in many cases until hunters found bones while hunting. That's what makes me so mad and also very sad for the family -- it could be months. Let's just hope she is alive -- but I guess she would have to be in a place from where she cannot get away -- those cases usually turn out with the victim escaping or being found and then being okay. So scary and maddening.

Any updates or rumblings from the Grandy Jury today?

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

The grand jury's session ended at 2 p.m., with all jurors being paid for their time.

Nothing was filed to the District Clerk's office, and at this time it is not clear if the grand jury will be meeting again in the future.
Video at link: http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Finding-Zuzu-Grand-jury-reconvenes-for-the-case-407442855.html

Not much happened :(
The video at the link has some details:
*RF waited over 5 hours to be called by the GJ but he was in and out of the court room in about 10 minutes
*RF passed Zuzu's parents in the hallway and refused to make eye contact or speak to them
and
*CE gave another interview:
CE: "They believe I helped, I guess a cover up."
Reporter: "And did you?"
CE "No, just hung out and had some drinks. To me it was a normal day. And I guess now it never will be."
Reporter: "Do you think they are trying to get you indicted?"
CE: "I DO think so."
Reporter: "And how do you feel about that?"
CE: "I think...it's....you know...them doing their job and I'll stand my ground and we'll face it together."

New here, and officially ready to come out of lurking mode now that I've read through the forum & feel pretty caught up on media as well. As a fellow Texan, this case hits close to home. I am super curious to find out what the Grand Jury meeting ended on. Will there be future meetings? CE definitely seems very "off" to me. Anyone else notice the way his eyes dash to the left anytime he answers a question?

New here, and officially ready to come out of lurking mode now that I've read through the forum & feel pretty caught up on media as well. As a fellow Texan, this case hits close to home. I am super curious to find out what the Grand Jury meeting ended on. Will there be future meetings? CE definitely seems very "off" to me. Anyone else notice the way his eyes dash to the left anytime he answers a question?

Wow. You give new meaning to Long Time Lurker. Lol.

7 years of experience. Lol.

We would say welcome but you should be welcoming many of us. Lol.

But seriously. Great observation. CE does seem like he is somewhat involved.

:welcome: So glad to have you dip your toe in the water on this thread, Lillie. I'm not a Texan, but I've been to Alpine a couple of times and really loved it. So the combination of Alpine and ZuZu pulled me in.

I really hope the Grand Jury has enough right now for RF to be arrested, along with any others involved.

I agree that CE is "off." He seems to be trying awfully hard to be cool with all this and act like he knows nothing. I'll grant that some people smile when they're nervous, but his smile really bugs me.
JMO

Thanks, Gardener. One thing I noticed in the video is what a BIG guy RF is. He could crush/smother tiny ZuZu by accident...or hit her hard enough to kill her without even trying. But the coverup is no accident. He also looked scared to me in one frame.

Video at link: http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Finding-Zuzu-Grand-jury-reconvenes-for-the-case-407442855.html

*RF waited over 5 hours to be called by the GJ but he was in and out of the court room in about 10 minutes
*RF passed Zuzu's parents in the hallway and refused to make eye contact or speak to them
and
CE "No, just hung out and had some drinks. To me it was a normal day. And I guess now it never will be."
CE: "I think...it's....you know...them doing their job and I'll stand my ground and we'll face it together."

As one of my LE family members always says about people who don't make eye contact, and are looking away - they're looking for the real answers, the truth, when they look away. I have always believed that.

and
I'm betting he invoked his rights, and chose not to speak. And yes, he looks terrified while sitting outside the court room. Hopefully, really soon, he gets some justice dropped in his lap.

"CBS 7: Do you think they’re trying to get you indicted?

“I do think so,” said Chris.

CBS 7: And how do you feel about that?

“I think it’s them doing their job and I’ll stand my ground and we’ll face it together,” Chris replied."

I think he's expecting to be indicted. He knows what is coming. He's not going to be surprised at that 4:30 am knock on his door.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/34093828/grand-jury-for-verk-case-wraps-up-parents-hopeful-for-answers

Fabian's friend, Chris Estrada, is a person of interest in the case. Estrada also faced a grand jury, he said he only met Zuzu once but describes a relationship on the rocks.

"September, October when I started hanging out in Alpine more, me and other friends were more on board of them splitting up,” said Estrada. “You know at some point you gotta call it quits, but she would go back, he would go back. It was just back and forth."

12762151_G.jpg

IMO, his face speaks volumes.

As well as it does in this photo too.

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Finding-Zuzu-Grand-jury-reconvenes-for-the-case-407442855.html

robert16.jpg

I agree Queen - they are expecting to be indicted! Please let it happen! RF looks mad and crazy! Oh! And miserable, he's definitely miserable. Zuzu improves his image exponentially. In the pictures where they are together, Zuzu makes him look so much better than he pretends to be. She's the sparkle and shine to his dull and boring....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/1...remains-found-in-coal-chute.html?refresh=true

I'm wondering if something similar may have happened to Zuzu, and she may be literally hundreds of miles away somewhere.
When I saw the train tracks running through Alpine, it was one of my first thoughts. To see a story where it may likely be the case,
only adds to my theory. RIP Devon.

MOO

OH no! That is such a sad ending for such a young man with great potential! May Devon RIP. Does he have a thread here? Is foul play suspected or suicide?

Just thinking it could be suicide from this statement in the above-linked article:

The family told the station Ward, who was from California, was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome and had been suffering from depression prior to his disappearance.

The only thing that bothers me is how does one commit suicide in a coal train car? Sounds more like where someone would put a body. I think I see what you are getting at here now. I think it is definitely plausible until we get more answers. Trying very heard to remain positive while still being open to all possibilities of what happened to this young woman.

Again, I'm so sorry to read of such a tragic ending for this young Army private.

From kdg's links:

By 2p.m. the grand jury had finished questioning Robert, Chris and a third witness.

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Finding-Zuzu-Grand-jury-reconvenes-for-the-case-407442855.html

I am guessing the 3rd witness is the person CE spoke of in a previous interview, whose story is different than CE's and presumably RF's story?

And what happened to CE's and his changing story? They just hung out and had some drinks. . . Really? Seriously? What happened to the table you two painted? No wonder he can't pass a lie detector test, he can't even tell the same story twice. :notgood:

This link has the video of RF standing next to the reporter (who is very tiny - comparable to Zuzu in my mind) and yes he is massive (not in a good way)! Does he look like he takes steroids? Is there such a look? It breaks my heart to see ZV's mother trying to get RF to look at her. She is much more composed than I would be. I admire her!

Until his most recent statement in the above CBS7 interview I had been giving CE some slack and thinking he may simply SUSPECT or even KNOW something RF told him and not want to say anything against his friend RF. But when he says he is standing his ground and "we'll face it together" he makes it sound like he was involved as an equal player in whatever happened. If CE had nothing to do with outright helping RF, then I wonder what kind of dirt does RF have on CE to make him so loyal? I can't think of a single friend or family member I would cover for if I was facing an indictment for not telling what I know. :notgood:

Until his most recent statement in the above CBS7 interview I had been giving CE some slack and thinking he may simply SUSPECT or even KNOW something RF told him and not want to say anything against his friend RF. But when he says he is standing his ground and "we'll face it together" he makes it sound like he was involved as an equal player in whatever happened. If CE had nothing to do with outright helping RF, then I wonder what kind of dirt does RF have on CE to make him so loyal? I can't think of a single friend or family member I would cover for if I was facing an indictment for not telling what I know. :notgood:

He probably helped cover up the crime and hide her. So he is now looking out for his own interest. Until they find Zuzu he may feel that they do not have enough to convict him or Robert.

He probably helped cover up the crime and hide her. So he is now looking out for his own interest. Until they find Zuzu he may feel that they do not have enough to convict him or Robert.
I agree. It's in CEs best interest to say nothing in the hope that RF cannot be charged. I think he knows what happened.

So sad for Zuzus family.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

One thing that my friends all know is that I'm not going to go around and talk about their personal business. But don't ever put me in a position where the police will ask me about something you do. If I don't know about it, then I don't have to lie. But at the end of the day, if anyone has to go under the wheels of the justice bus, it's not going to be me. CE is an idiot for covering up for RF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member