UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn’t mean to sound rude. I don’t believe half these stories now. It’s the press taking short cuts and paying for any old story. The lady in question was making silly claims about him looking evil as a baby...despite him not even being on the island at this time. She also claimed he attacked her son/daughter (never specified) but leaves no signs of injury. the police investigate and she is the one arrested for assault. No idea what happened but this idea it’s proof this lad was about to kill is nonsense. Either people are cashing in or the law enforcement are as useful as the chuckle brothers...and one of them has passed away
apologies for appearing over sensitive .

I do agree the story does sound ' embellished ' the damien bit doesn't do her assault story any favours . The essence of this appears to indicate ( and what has appeared in today's papers) that AC didn't live a normal childhood then one day at age 16 suddenly commit this heinous crime . I know papers need sensationalism to sell but I believe the journalists have been digging away on Bute for background on AC and only now been able to report . What I'm trying to say is there is truth amongst these stories .

On a different note . David Wilson the criminologist is giving a talk locally to me on 30 March so I'm going along , will have questions to ask about this case for sure

Alesha MacPhail killer pals with sick mum who groomed girl for paedo sex show

"A source close to Harrison said Campbell – unmasked by a judge after his conviction last week – came into contact with her “often” in the months before the killing due to a mutual acquaintance.
Campbell would regularly spend time at Harrison’s house on the island. The pair were said to be good friends – but not romantically linked."

It's been a learning curve for me since following this crime especially looking closer at newspaper articles - I never usually read them. I notice the Daily Record has "Record Reporter" and not the actual reporters name - is it possible the "source" could be making the whole thing up and the papers print it without checking?
I'm aware that sounds a bit naive but it's a genuine question - who's going to sue them anyway?
I take it if AC was on the dark web - the police wouldn't have been able to find any evidence of that?

no, she kept her four kids (one a step child - a male with her partner Tony Aiken). I believe the link to AC is likely via one of her teenage daughters (two were small children at the time of her offending and remained in her care and the third she was pregnant with at the time). I think she has changed her name or married potentially and is still on Bute if the contact has been recent as alleged. I think she may have a successful and very attractive teenage highland dancing daughter... (I could be wrong but my sleuthing has found possibilities)...
Seems quite a few people have moved to Bute from England in search od a safer environment and not found it. You could be right about the highland dancing daughter.

apologies for appearing over sensitive .

I do agree the story does sound ' embellished ' the damien bit doesn't do her assault story any favours . The essence of this appears to indicate ( and what has appeared in today's papers) that AC didn't live a normal childhood then one day at age 16 suddenly commit this heinous crime . I know papers need sensationalism to sell but I believe the journalists have been digging away on Bute for background on AC and only now been able to report . What I'm trying to say is there is truth amongst these stories .
BBM
On a different note . David Wilson the criminologist is giving a talk locally to me on 30 March so I'm going along , will have questions to ask about this case for sure[
/QUOTE]
That sounds really interesting. He will be careful what he says however there's so many general question about this that I'm sure you will get some answered.

Sorry Fidobell my answer is in your post - I'm new here!

no, she kept her four kids (one a step child - a male with her partner Tony Aiken). I believe the link to AC is likely via one of her teenage daughters (two were small children at the time of her offending and remained in her care and the third she was pregnant with at the time). I think she has changed her name or married potentially and is still on Bute if the contact has been recent as alleged. I think she may have a successful and very attractive teenage highland dancing daughter... (I could be wrong but my sleuthing has found possibilities)...

Dancers jig their way to island for Bute Highland Dance Festival 2018

The name Aiken is mentioned here, not saying there's any connection just found it interesting.

Alesha MacPhail killer pals with sick mum who groomed girl for paedo sex show

"A source close to Harrison said Campbell – unmasked by a judge after his conviction last week – came into contact with her “often” in the months before the killing due to a mutual acquaintance.
Campbell would regularly spend time at Harrison’s house on the island. The pair were said to be good friends – but not romantically linked."

It's been a learning curve for me since following this crime especially looking closer at newspaper articles - I never usually read them. I notice the Daily Record has "Record Reporter" and not the actual reporters name - is it possible the "source" could be making the whole thing up and the papers print it without checking?
I'm aware that sounds a bit naive but it's a genuine question - who's going to sue them anyway?
I take it if AC was on the dark web - the police wouldn't have been able to find any evidence of that?

This is what I mentioned. Links to other abusers. This is a deep rabbit hole. If the media keep digging they will hopefully uncover some deeply sinister stuff on Bute. But hopefully not sensationalism.

The more I read the more I am convinced the highland dancing link is what drew AC's attention to Alesha,the girls are not unlike to look at and he probably knew the ex gf since they were small children,it's quite chilling to think about now I see this connection,although obviously speculation on my part
My thoughts are almost the same but they are just that..my thoughts.

I can't help but think the darkweb was used at some point. I don't think he's gone from sitting in his room to leaving the house and doing what he did without some kind of influence. JMO. Not saying this is true. Could be a load of codswallop.

His behaviour clearly escalated. Some rumours (if true) that haven't been broadcast yet are disturbing in regards to having a lock on bedroom.

I don't know how much is in the highland dancing thing but it seems like it could have some kind of factor. I think AC would have seen FB/IG posts of AM. He was probably fantasising about it for a while, I doubt she was the only child though.

His behviour continually being swept under the carpet, mixed with severe mental health problems probably made him believe he could get away with anything.

Good point - would dark web activity be harder for police to trace when searching his computer?

Good point - would dark web activity be harder for police to trace when searching his computer?
It would depend. If it's saved onto the computer then it is traceable. Im no expert though. All I know is it takes a while to investigate. A relative of mine was arrested for downloading child *advertiser censored*. She still hasn't been to court and it's a year and a half later. If anybody knows more about this then i'd appreciate your knowledge on this.

Also it can be downloaded onto hard drives (if that's the right terminology) which can be disposed of.

If today's story is true she may have shown him some stuff. IMO you can't change a paedophile. Untreatable, dispicable illness.

Last edited:
The more I read the more I am convinced the highland dancing link is what drew AC's attention to Alesha,the girls are not unlike to look at and he probably knew the ex gf since they were small children,it's quite chilling to think about now I see this connection,although obviously speculation on my part

Well it looks like these stories might have some truth to them. Zanythe's partner's surname is Aiken and the Highland Champion who looks the oldest of the bunch receiving her prize in the photo has the surname Aiken. That looks like it might be the link between AC and Zanythe Harrison, the highland dance champion that he apparantly went out with is quite possibly the daughter of Zanythe's partner. Now of course that could all be totally innocent but the plot definitely thickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms