UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Legally Bland, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bampot

Bampot Well-Known Member

I think he committed the crime and discarded his hoodie. Came home had quick shower. And then ran out barefoot and chucked away the rest of the clothes that were found. No idea what he went out looking for with the torch though.

2. Caroclaud

Caroclaud Well-Known Member

Defence could bring a psych report to demonstrate a mental illness, try to get him a lesser sentence?

3. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I think the motive is very strong. One of the most heinous yet common motives there is for kidnapping a young female---rape. And possibly revenge as well.

4. mrazda71

mrazda71 Well-Known Member

He was barefoot IMO because he was picnicking ... if he was clothed but barefoot then I'd think maybe he was trying not to leave distinctive shoe sole pattern evidence but, he was only in shorts ... I think he went to bathroom to strip off ... maybe quick wash of hands or maybe not ... strip off clothes worn during attack - grab shorts then straight out to dump clothes and knife (which I'm thinking he did use during the attack - 117!!! Injuries! And i can't even bring myself to type what i think ... ) i think he truly thought that he'd hoy the clothes and knife in the sea and the tide would carry them.out never to be found ...

5. charlotte123456

charlotte123456 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, bonafide psychopaths do not require a motive (in the typical sense) as they simply torture and kill randomly. It is very difficult for a normally wired person to understand this and it is why psychopaths do very often get away with their crimes; displaying no remorse, even when faced with catastrophic consequences.

6. mrazda71

His phone? Maybe there was some element of truth in that part ... maybe he dropped his phone at some point hence why he took a torch/flashlight cause otherwise, he'd just use the torch on his phone?

ETA - maybe it was dropped during one of those times he was jumping over walls in and out of his home?

Bampot, Kasmeer, Keeneye and 7 others like this.
  7. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Welcome to WS

Just bringing my timeline post back up - public were told the same day that Alesha had been murdered. But, apart from that, I do agree completely with your post - a very odd comment by the accused.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  8. Caroclaud

Caroclaud Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if his house was searched after the arrest, I’m thinking the shower / bathroom would leave traces of her DNA which would 100% implicate him.

Hopefully they did full Forensic testing on him too , his fingernails etc as that would pick up on any of her DNA on him?

Kasmeer, Rhenish, Tortoise and 5 others like this.
  9. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Sorry can't remember who asked, and I've just been scrolling back through this thread to find this -
    but this is the information about the hand print at the McPhail home.
    I think it's a typo by the journo and should read a stair rail - so it was found on the spiral staircase inside the tower which is the access from ground to first floor level at the McPhail family home.

10. nothinonyou

nothinonyou Active Member

The amount of injuries are also disturbing me as well. But if a knive was used wouldn't the pathologist say? He just mentioned shaking, pressure, suffocation.

Edinlass and Legally Bland like this.
  11. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

See my post today - 2009 - just above this one.
    The McPhail flat is accessed from the back of the building and via an internal staircase to the first floor. Yes there is an attic bedroom above, on the second floor of their flat.

Edinlass and Legally Bland like this.
  12. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

I can't remember now ( will have a scroll back later ) but was this witness the one that the accused had named as having supplied him with drugs on that night ? If so, then perhaps the witness was angry with the accused for this fabrication and wanted to face up to him in court.
    Or ,could be as you say, he still has doubts about the accused's guilt and wanted to show some form of solidarity/kindness to his friend.

13. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

The distance from the houses where the cctv was provided from, across to the shelter and the shoreline is a fair distance. Am not sure if I should put up the google map as I don't believe the exact addresses were given for the owners of the cctv ( someone correct me if I'm wrong on that please, it's been a long week ).
    But it is possible for anyone to view it via google maps.
    At that distance - and at 2.36am in the morning - I am really not sure the cctv could show anything more than a person with a child - I can't believe it is clear/close enough to show an actual face.
    However, it can hopefully show the build of the person... I'll leave the rest of this sentence unfinished but I'm sure you know what I mean.
    I agree re the clothing - it was high tide at 3am that morning ( thank you Tortoise ) so he undoubtedly did think the clothing would get washed away - his bad luck that it did not.
    Nothing has been said in the horrific PM report about any stab wounds. My take is he took the knife as a back up in case of need. When it was not needed, he threw it into the water right outside the McPhail house, having no further need for it. ( ie: not where the clothing was found, far as I understand )
    Agree re his defence argument. Would be interesting to know at what point during his remand he decided to provide this information to his Defence team. It speaks volumes if he only produced this story after the prosecution had made known their findings to the defence.

Meeky, Kasmeer, Tortoise and 5 others like this.
  14. LittleMystery

LittleMystery Well-Known Member

I’m not 100% sure if it was the same person. I was inclined to think the same as you but it was hard keeping track of the witnesses yesterday because they were unidentifiable other than being referred to as witness.

This article has the person the accused named as selling him drugs as someone different from the boy who wished for the screen to be removed.

Alesha MacPhail: Accused teen as was 'suicidal' on night of alleged murder

It was describing it as an ‘unlucky coincidence’ that made me go hmm.

15. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Perhaps he really did drop his phone - just as he told his mother - at the crime scene and went back to find it ? or went back to check on something ? he was running when he left with the torch and out for 9 minutes, so it is possible

16. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Was just discussing this with someone yesterday - can they do this now ? or wouldn't they have to do this pre trial ?

mrazda71, Edinlass, DanceCard and 2 others like this.
  17. gc105

gc105 Active Member

Avoid leaving shoeprints if he went back to the beach to check his other items had been washed out (or so he thought)? I don’t know much about what the beach is like but I imagine if there’s sandy areas he’d want to avoid his shoe prints being left behind...

If this is why he went bare foot, also questions his ‘lack of knowledge about DNA’

He clearly knew enough to shower, get rid of his clothing, go barefoot etc...

Edinlass, DanceCard and Legally Bland like this.
  18. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Just seen this while rechecking witness evidence from yesterday.

If this is the actual quote, it is far more damning that the other wording we had previously

19. mrazda71

Think we discussed this a few days ago and someone said that 9 minutes wasn't anywhere near long enough to get to the crime scene and back in 9 minutes BUT ... it's enough time to go and find your phone that you dropped during all your wall hopping?

20. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Found it - this is not the same witness as the one who had the screen moved back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.