UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by imamaze, Jun 16, 2011.

1. ?unknown?

?unknown? Active Member

Now that you mention it it does look like an older woman. At first I thought it was an older guy with his younger daughter or granddaughter but I definitely see a middle aged couple admiring the sights now you’ve mentioned it. Either way I don’t think that is Andrew. In my view looking for Andrew in old photos from the day is like looking for a needle in a haystack. There’s millions of people in London. It’s an admirable thing to do and I give props to the people doing it but for all we know he could have immediately left London via another train/tube connection or been picked up in a car and driven out of the city, Gotten on a bus to God knows where. The sightings are not that credible to me from what we know about them. It says that the family confirmed the sighting in Pizza Hut by speaking to staff there but how could that be? There’s no way to confirm it just based off a random description of someone from a staff member. That could have been anyone in Pizza Hut. The staff could have been simply mistaken and how are the family to know. There’s loads of people that would resemble him in the middle of a city, back in the 2007 “emo” “scene” days even more so

2. Fantastic

Fantastic Active Member

My thinking would be to use the photo as a clue to where Andrew might have been. Leaving aside, for the moment, whether it's actually him or not. If it is Andrew, he'll likely be in other photos, at the same place, around the same time.

3. ckn120

ckn120 Member

[​IMG]

APPEAL: Do you recognize yourself in these images or a family member or friend who may remember something from September 14, 2007 at King's Cross? (Images in better quality transmitted in the Missing series, 2011, BBC)

If you have any information, contact

Police: 101

Missing People Organization: Phone 116 000 - Mail 116000@missingpeople.org.uk

CrimeStoppers: 0800 555 111

4. ckn120

ckn120 Member

5. Kitkat28

Kitkat28 Well-Known Member

I don’t think it has any significance at all. Just some idiot trying to be “funny”.

Laughing, emem1138, Feronia and 3 others like this.
  6. conormac

conormac New Member

hi everyone im new here on the site, so bear with me please.
    I have read alot of threads and seen many videos etc my view is this,...
    he was a smart bright kid possible awkward due to his ear and it may well have caused him to avoid groups due to his own fear of rejection. i beileve a teacher or someone at the schools he was at ie primary and secondary groomed him. iv seen the talk about online chat etc but with the limited access he would have had on devices i think it was more likely a second phone he was using to get in contact with whoever was grooming him. i havent seen much about teachers backgrounds or assitants etc being looked into but it would make sense that he trusted whoever it was enough to plan with them a day away, maybe someone who used to work at the school?? the train ticket etc may have been used to throw of investigations i say that as he refused the return ticket and had nothing with him and by all accounts had planned on returning home. did he meet the person in their car somewhere close to the station and drive back up towards home to an unknown address?? just my thoughts but if someone took him they where obviously smart and well planned....

7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws conormac, thanks for chiming in!

conormac and Feronia like this.
  8. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

I also think it was just an immature prank. "This kid..." as if they didn't even care to copy his name. Sad that someone would feel the need to do that to a missing person flyer.

Laughing, Feronia, dotr and 1 other person like this.
  9. sony12

sony12 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think you can make much of that Image as you can't even see the person's face because their hand was covering it at the moment it was taken.

Looking for old images of Andrew in a crowd will be like looking for a needle in a haystack like some people have already said as his hairstyle and choice of clothing was pretty common for mid teens back then.

Feronia and dotr like this.
  10. Frivolous

Frivolous In the end, it's all a question of balance.

The two things that should really be thought about

- The misdial when calling home because Andrew failed to come to school
    - He broke the routine of taking the bus, and instead walked home

11. Frivolous

There could be a number of reasons for the second one:
    - Using a payphone to contact someone
    - Walking home with someone, I believe the walk home would be approx. 1hr 20? Plenty of time to talk and possibly plan
    - He met with someone who had a car, they sat in the car in an area deserted to avoid anyone seeing them, they talked/planned or whatever it may of been, then this person dropped him home.

Any of these could very well be plausible considering no internet communication traces were found on Andrews behalf

12. Frivolous

But whilst the idea of him meeting someone makes more sense, the fact that Andrew withdrew money does not.
    You would assume someone who says, (and I'm only assuming here), we'll meet up in London, do whatever it may of been that was planned, and I'll drive you back home (fits in with the fact that he did not purchase a return ticket), that this person would then pay for the expenses whether that be for gig tickets/food.

But Andrew takes £2o0. And I've seen many times that this isn't a vast amount, yet it is for a day out. If you consider his behaviour beforehand; putting the uniform in the wash to allude the fact he's home and playing his game as this was seen as normal behaviour on a Friday, this shows he planned to be home around dinner time, or he was buying himself more time so his parents wouldn't ask him for his uniform to wash as it's the weekend.

13. Frivolous

14. Frivolous

The misdial one truly baffles me.
    Is it really a coincidence that the day Andrew doesn't go into school, and subsequently goes missing, that then informing his parents, that there is a misdial?
    The obvious I can think of is, the misdial was to buy more time, just as the uniform put in the wash.
    But who?

Or was it truly just a misdial, and there is absolutely no coincidence at all.

Aluev, SerenSimone, dotr and 2 others like this.
  15. Deathsgrandaughter

Deathsgrandaughter Well-Known Member

I have wondered about this too. Is it possible that somehow Andrew could have altered the phone number? My children bring sheets of data information home each new school year, which I check, alter if necessary and send back with the kids. If the same thing happened in Andrew's school, potentially he could have changed it himself.
    Alternatively, it is possible he did not realise that the school would call his parents as he had not had a day off school sick at all, and it really is a coincidence, with really horrible timing.

Officer Dibble, dotr and Laughing like this.
  16. Inspector Evans

Inspector Evans Active Member

Would've been a secretary dailing or his form teacher who'd have been at the School rather than meeting him in London so would more be a case of the number given was wrong for whatever reason, could've just been a innocent mistake or it was altered at some point.

dotr likes this.
  17. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

You raise some points here that I'd not considered before.

dotr likes this.
  18. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

Very interesting.

dotr likes this.
  19. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Well, I’d be more thoughtful if the teacher had committed suicide a week after.

20. Littlegreenlady

Littlegreenlady Well-Known Member

Actually I think it's just as thoughtful that he died before Andrew went missing. Maybe the teacher was someone Andrew had looked up to, he might have been supporting Andrew through a difficult time, or might have been someone he confided in. That could cause Andrew to react badly to his death and want to get away from it.

Aluev, Laughing, SerenSimone and 2 others like this.