GUILTY UK - Bobbi-Anne Mcleod,18, ‘did not arrive to meet friends’ Plymouth, 20 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

I always found his account really odd - how, when you're driving in the dark, possibly in traffic, do you notice someone sitting at a bus stop probably 6ft+ from the road to the level of detail that you can describe the tights she's wearing under her jeans?
His account isn’t odd at all…from the direction he was driving he was facing the bus stop head, he would also of had to stop at a junction so would have been able to see perfectly the people in the bus stop. But then his account hasn’t got to make any sense to you only the police

Some might wonder if Cody was suffering from an episode of Psychosis ... from my personal experience - it would be most unusual to have a random, short episode of Psychosis, completely out of the blue - especially one so severe that you kidnap (perhaps rape) and murder someone and then also manage to recognise and self diagnose that it was the fault of psychosis and not just that you're a murderer.

Luckily, I'm sure he'll be subject to a barrage of psychiatric tests so IF there's any issues, we'll find out soon enough

I think he's a loner and an introvert who has been faking it for a very long time.

We know his birth registration is a forces one and his father was apparently in the army, and if we speculate about how that affected his early childhood, we might guess there were a lot of moves and changes of school etc. There's a heap of evidence that multiple moves in childhood correlate positively with mental health problems, suicide attempts, violent crime and a range of psychosocial problems. At a very basic level, kids who have to move and start again repeatedly can become transactional in their relationships in order to be accepted, which often means adopting a persona that's not authentic, e.g. cool kid, bad boy, class clown. As well as being unhealthy psychologically, that could account for why no one seems to know him very well - I think he's a chameleon who behaves differently with different people and now nobody quite recognises him in what they're hearing.

Inauthenticity is stressful, and I'd speculate that music has been an outlet for him - a thing he can do by himself and then parlay into a social activity. I imagine he's spent long hours in his room at home, practising guitar and writing songs. (I wouldn't mind betting there's some bad poetry yet to come out too.) I'm wondering whether the band starting to take off, and that very personal form of self-expression suddenly becoming public and being appropriated by others, has felt like a klieg light being shone on his private self. I can imagine that could have created an intolerable sense of pressure that might then have been released by an act of extreme violence.

I'm not making excuses for him btw, rather the reverse. I'm very interested to hear what comes out regarding his psychiatric state and I think it will be completely normal.

As ever, just my very subjective and speculative opinion.

Also important to remember at all times that none of the charges have been proven.

I think he's a loner and an introvert who has been faking it for a very long time.

We know his birth registration is a forces one and his father was apparently in the army, and if we speculate about how that affected his early childhood, we might guess there were a lot of moves and changes of school etc. There's a heap of evidence that multiple moves in childhood correlate positively with mental health problems, suicide attempts, violent crime and a range of psychosocial problems. At a very basic level, kids who have to move and start again repeatedly can become transactional in their relationships in order to be accepted, which often means adopting a persona that's not authentic, e.g. cool kid, bad boy, class clown. As well as being unhealthy psychologically, that could account for why no one seems to know him very well - I think he's a chameleon who behaves differently with different people and now nobody quite recognises him in what they're hearing.

Inauthenticity is stressful, and I'd speculate that music has been an outlet for him - a thing he can do by himself and then parlay into a social activity. I imagine he's spent long hours in his room at home, practising guitar and writing songs. (I wouldn't mind betting there's some bad poetry yet to come out too.) I'm wondering whether the band starting to take off, and that very personal form of self-expression suddenly becoming public and being appropriated by others, has felt like a klieg light being shone on his private self. I can imagine that could have created an intolerable sense of pressure that might then have been released by an act of extreme violence.

I'm not making excuses for him btw, rather the reverse. I'm very interested to hear what comes out regarding his psychiatric state and I think it will be completely normal.

As ever, just my very subjective and speculative opinion.

Also important to remember at all times that none of the charges have been proven.
Excellent post JuicyLucy

His account isn’t odd at all…from the direction he was driving he was facing the bus stop head, he would also of had to stop at a junction so would have been able to see perfectly the people in the bus stop. But then his account hasn’t got to make any sense to you only the police
Maybe the OP was unaware of the direction he was travelling? Also, what makes sense to some, may not to others.

Your answer may be something not all of us were aware of. Do you possibly have a link to where it says what direction he was travelling? Thanks!

Bobbi-Anne and Amber Gibson in the past couple of weeks; earlier this year it was Sarah, Sabina, Nicole, and Bibaa, and Libby Squire’s trial. And those are just the cases I can think of off the top of my head.

I hate to even use the word ‘cases’ because these aren’t just faceless, anonymous statistics; they are mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends, women who were real people with dreams and hopes ahead of them and loved ones they meant the world to. And now they’re gone, all because some man couldn’t keep his perverted desires to himself. I don’t have any time for people saying ‘not all men’; it’s not all men, but it’s enough men. Too many men. And far, far too many women, taken too soon in an act of domestic terrorism.

RIP sweet Bobbi-Anne. I hope you are at peace now

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed.

Please read TOS (aka The Rules) that everyone agreed to when they joined Websleuths. Those rules can also be found in my signature and include:

Off topic posts are a violation of TOS and derail the discussion. This thread is dedicated to discussion of Bobbi Anne's case. Stay on topic without bringing in details from other cases.

Personalizing and profanity are not allowed.

Posts stating information as fact without a link to support are a violation of TOS. The only members who can state information as fact without providing links are Verified Experts or Verified Insiders. (Verification information can be found here.)

Please post in accordance with our rules; otherwise your post will be removed along with all responses to it and you may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Thank you.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

I have two thoughts/guesses about whats happened regarding finding her body.

1. He was seen on CCTV in car/van and was pulled in for questioning. While being questioned he has admitted to killing her "accidently" while they were having "consensual" sex. Obviously he would be lying and just using that as an excuse to cover her rape and murder.

2. He was seen on CCTV in a car/van insured to someone else eg. band member/friend and that person has been pulled in for questioning (who was arrested and let go) and this person told the police about Cody.

I have a feeling Cody kept hold of her phone stupidly and may have actually handed it in. I know that would be the dumbest thing for anyone to do but there is idiots out there.

It would also say a lot about him as a person, if after doing this to Bobbie on the Saturday, then doing a band gig on the Saturday night. I wonder if that info is publicly available, to see if that band had a gig then.

Tbh, I can see him being stupid enough to hand her phone in under the guise that he “just found it”, thinking it would’ve resolved him of any responsibility because the police would think ‘what a helpful, concerned young man!’ and not ‘this is suspicious as heck’. JMO

The man accused of murdering 18-year-old Bobbi-Anne McLeod is set to appear at court later this week

Cody James Ackland was formally charged with murder at Plymouth Magistrates' Court in November and remanded into custody. His case was then transferred to Truro Crown Court for a bail hearing, in front of Judge Robert Linford.

He is charged with the murder of Bobbi-Anne, sometime between November 20 and November 23, 2021.

A plea and case management hearing was initially set to take place today [January 24] but it has been adjourned until Wednesday [January 26] at Plymouth Crown Court.

Court date for man accused of murdering Bobbi-Anne moved

The man accused of murdering 18-year-old Bobbi-Anne McLeod is set to appear at court later this week

Cody James Ackland was formally charged with murder at Plymouth Magistrates' Court in November and remanded into custody. His case was then transferred to Truro Crown Court for a bail hearing, in front of Judge Robert Linford.

He is charged with the murder of Bobbi-Anne, sometime between November 20 and November 23, 2021.

A plea and case management hearing was initially set to take place today [January 24] but it has been adjourned until Wednesday [January 26] at Plymouth Crown Court.

Court date for man accused of murdering Bobbi-Anne moved

Do we think this is court scheduling or the defence/CPS wanting more time to prepare? Something else?

Do we think this is court scheduling or the defence/CPS wanting more time to prepare? Something else?

Delays within the crown courts atm are tending to push things on a couple of months where they occur, not a couple of days; and two days would be scant extra time if needed. My money would be on someone having to self-isolate until Wednesday. It's just a guess though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpiddybgt
Back