UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact anonymous information could be very close to the action indeed
A wife shopping her violent husband or the other way around .
Could the cyclist was in fact looking true a binoculars from his bedroom window ?in a car or perhaps walking to his university job ? No harm in telling a little white lie so as not to be identified as long as the info you’re imparting is true .
There is usually imo a very good reason to impart information anonymously .

In fact anonymous information could be very close to the action indeed
A wife shopping her violent husband or the other way around .
Could the cyclist was in fact looking true a binoculars from his bedroom window ?in a car or perhaps walking to his university job ? No harm in telling a little white lie so as not to be identified as long as the info you’re imparting is true .
There is usually imo a very good reason to impart information anonymously .
@Popejohn3 I take your point here that someone may want to remain anonymous if the police would find it difficult to protect this anonymity. However do we not have at least 3 incidents of reporting by different people?

The ones I recall were:

Melrosegate Bridge Sighting:
19 March, 05:35 – Left handed smoker – seen with a woman on Melrosegate bridge - North Yorkshire Police

I have attached a Google Map of witness route

Car stopped with door opened near to University Rd / On University Road:
Man and woman seen arguing outside University of York

Nags Head Bar staff reports to police an unknown person who spoke of a rucksack seen in grounds near university:
Claudia's blue and grey Karrimor rucksack

These 3 reporting's, along with activity outside of her house evening and morning could all be part of a staging to make police believe that Claudia was at home and walked / had a lift to work.
If Claudia was elsewhere that night of 18th / Morning of 19th-Police and all of us are then off track.

Police can protect someone who provides information by holding back on publishing this until they have sufficient evidence to charge the culprit.
It is far too easy for someone reporting anonymously to be the perpetrator themselves or an associate who wants to throw police off track.

Attachments

• Melrosegate bridge Sighting.png
    Melrosegate bridge Sighting.png
    946.9 KB · Views: 9
Claudia Lawrence: Donal MacIntyre in defence of missing chef's battered reputation

This article by Donald Machintiyre is ten years old but summarises the story thus far very well.
Some facts can explain away some of the conspiracies theories.
The fact that PL was a prosecution layer for the police. Her sister a law graduate and Lucy Pope knew CL and was a friend of the family.

@Popejohn3 P_L Was a Commercial Property Solicitor and had been for sometime.

He gave up the role of criminal defence solicitor a long time ago when the Lawrence's moved from Darlington to Malton before the children were born.

He set up his own practice in Slingsby, York as he found the hours of prosecuting punishing and moved to Property as the rewards were greater.

The Police immediate response to searching for a 35 Year Old female did appear to be out of normal Police procedures and as we know from many other missing person cases, some get very little attention at all.
In my opinion. Police being alerted to her "Missing" immediately set a red flag for other reasons.

I was reading the case details today and there was a note regarding a person who was seen to be ushered in to Claudia's house nervously one afternonn on Monday or Tuesday.
It was said that both of them were distressed?
There was a mention of a very distinctive fringe that the man had.
Today I saw a photo of the landlord of the Acomb who was arrested as part of the investigation P_H.
I thought that his photo matched very closely the description.
Was he not also arrested and questioned regarding a necklace and the arrest followed a search of the alley behind Claudia's house?

Does anyone else believe that he could have been the an at the door that day and was he arrested because he may have not been truthful when questioned by police as he was charged I believe with PTCOJ?
PH wasn’t the landlord as far as I’m aware

@Popejohn3 I take your point here that someone may want to remain anonymous if the police would find it difficult to protect this anonymity. However do we not have at least 3 incidents of reporting by different people?

The ones I recall were:

Melrosegate Bridge Sighting:
19 March, 05:35 – Left handed smoker – seen with a woman on Melrosegate bridge - North Yorkshire Police

I have attached a Google Map of witness route

Car stopped with door opened near to University Rd / On University Road:
Man and woman seen arguing outside University of York

Nags Head Bar staff reports to police an unknown person who spoke of a rucksack seen in grounds near university:
Claudia's blue and grey Karrimor rucksack

These 3 reporting's, along with activity outside of her house evening and morning could all be part of a staging to make police believe that Claudia was at home and walked / had a lift to work.
If Claudia was elsewhere that night of 18th / Morning of 19th-Police and all of us are then off track.

Police can protect someone who provides information by holding back on publishing this until they have sufficient evidence to charge the culprit.
It is far too easy for someone reporting anonymously to be the perpetrator themselves or an associate who wants to throw police off track.

The crimewatch update programme in July reports that a new key witness had come forward to say he had seen the couple on Melrosegate bridge on the 18th rather than the 19th
41.00 in video link

The crimewatch update programme in July reports that a new key witness had come forward to say he had seen the couple on Melrosegate bridge on the 18th rather than the 19th
41.00 in video link
What time would that be, the same as reported originally or on the evening? No multiple partners and I am glad to hear this corrected. I feel their focus is on the nags head pub and always has been! I was reading back on old comments as it appears Claudia never posted the letter on route home, but went back out again to post, so did cctv give a time stamp on that footage?will check. Thank you KIR as never seen this x

What time would that be, the same as reported originally or on the evening? No multiple partners and I am glad to hear this corrected. I feel their focus is on the nags head pub and always has been! I was reading back on old comments as it appears Claudia never posted the letter on route home, but went back out again to post, so did cctv give a time stamp on that footage?will check. Thank you KIR as never seen this x

I understood it to be the was morning @Vixey. It showed the same footage as in the reconstruction Crimewatch had previously screened a man cycling past the female and left handed smoker.

I understand the uncertanity some may have about when she if she did at all post the letter at Melrosegate post box. In my opinion there was an important event at the Melrosegate Post office location on the 18th which could give us some important clues to events happening around the days CL disappeared.
Over Christmas I intend to spend time on this particular cctv footage which is very difficult because it does not benefit from the usual You Tube settings where you can slow the viewing speed down or increase the quality.
Aslo doing a Google street walk the viewing angle of the footage needs carefull consideration as what is being shown on the video, the junctions and laybys on the otherside of the road in my opinion look at more of a distance from the post box.

I dont see a date and time stamp the dispaly just says Melrosegate York heres the link for you
Last known movements of Claudia Lawrence

Last edited:
@Vixey can I ask do you have any info on Costcutters wether the accom above was part of the shop or let out seperately.
Likewise the Mini Market at Melrosegate and the accomodation over that.
Looked here previously, when I was curious to the cctv released a week later. will check saved. Also a camera is pointed out in early footage at melrosegate facing opposite direction, would give a different outlook and of course jo picking claudia up on route home xClaudia Lawrence still missing; Reporter to camera Stock Footage Video - Getty Images

Last edited:
I understood it to be the was morning @Vixey. It showed the same footage as in the reconstruction Crimewatch had previously screened a man cycling past the female and left handed smoker.

I understand the uncertanity some may have about when she if she did at all post the letter at Melrosegate post box. In my opinion there was an important event at the Melrosegate Post office location on the 18th which could give us some important clues to events happening around the days CL disappeared.
Over Christmas I intend to spend time on this particular cctv footage which is very difficult because it does not benefit from the usual You Tube settings where you can slow the viewing speed down or increase the quality.
Aslo doing a Google street walk the viewing angle of the footage needs carefull consideration as what is being shown on the video, the junctions and laybys on the otherside of the road in my opinion look at more of a distance from the post box.

I dont see a date and time stamp the dispaly just says Melrosegate York heres the link for you
Last known movements of Claudia Lawrence
@keep-it-real I'm with you on the Melrosegate CCTV footage.
Looking at the CCTV cameras and positioning in 2009 (The Post office cameras have NOT changed their angles since then).
Unless I am incorrect, the only camera possible of showing Claudia approaching and posting something at this location is pointing down towards the ground and would not have been able to capture Claudia approaching the post-box from the direction she was walking from.
In the camera would have been able to capture a better shot of what she was posting than what we have been shown.

So my question is, where did this footage come from????

Illustration attached.

Attachments

• Melrosegat POCCTV.png
    Melrosegat POCCTV.png
    798.3 KB · Views: 33
@keep-it-real I'm with you on the Melrosegate CCTV footage.
Looking at the CCTV cameras and positioning in 2009 (The Post office cameras have NOT changed their angles since then).
Unless I am incorrect, the only camera possible of showing Claudia approaching and posting something at this location is pointing down towards the ground and would not have been able to capture Claudia approaching the post-box from the direction she was walking from.
In the camera would have been able to capture a better shot of what she was posting than what we have been shown

This might help explain the range of some cctv cameras
Understanding the range of a CCTV camera. A guide from CCTV42
So my question is, where did this footage come from????

Illustration attached.

There some things to consider when looking at cctv footage and the type of cameras that were used to record the footage. Its TVL and IR range, Optical, and wether its a Varifocal camera its all interesting but a bit techi for me in afraid and at the end of the day I think we can all work out we arent seeing the whole picture by any means. But in that editing there will be gaps where you can capture images and items that you will begin to recognise appearing in close enough succession to be able in way to bridge the edit. It wont give us all the answers Ive mentioned before its time consuming, tiring but it can pay off. You are correct when you say there could be better shots of things you mention what the person was posting unfortunately some things have been heavily pixcelated blurred or overlaid pixcelation especially is beyond my capabilities to lift with the basic tools Im using, I have to accept this but continue to look elsewhere for where it might appear in those gaps I mentioned earlier or on cctv at another location.
What we can see is that one of those cctv cameras has been shown to have considerable range pointing in the direction of the University at both day and night time.

One other thing I noted is that there appears to be what I would consider thuggery going on in some of the footage Ive viewed previously.

Last edited:
Ok, I shall look for a keen gardener on street view :) x

Hi @Vixey,
The first mention of the camera across Heworth Road was the following paragraph, which is part of a long post by a former member of WS. The full post can be found back at Chapter#4/Page 46/post#913, dated 30/10/2019:-

"Yesterday the Cleveleland and North Yorkshire Cold Case Police Team provided knowledge in an online forum that there was a private house CCTV camera in operation in the house opposite to Claudias (Installed by occupants to deter vandalism) and they have a blurry but good enough shot of Claudia returning home from the unknown errand after she popped out and back again having finished work.
The image was at 15:05 on 18th March 2009 and shows her returning to her house at 46 Heworth Road.

The house was directly opposite Claudias
The camera was positioned inside of the window of the front room of the house."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads