UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the phone was turned off at 12 it will have signed off the network at the mast it was connected to.

So we have always really known that this would have happened - they have now spelt it out however.

When the phone is turned off - it sends a goodbye handshake to the tower to let the network know that phone is off and the tower no longer needs to allocate resource to that phone.
BBM - but why now?

My own belief is that the police suspect one of the 4 men arrested in 2015 who subsequently weren't charged because the CPS didn't the think the case would stick. I think they believe the killer was assisted by others (possibly work associates) and that it happened in the vicinity of Heworth Road. I have my own theories on who did it, having followed this case closely for 10 years with its twists and turns, but it is obviously difficult to discuss specifics on this forum.

Here's a follow up article giving her mother's reaction to the latest article.

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence mother Joan shocked mobile phone worked hours after she disappeared | Daily Mail Online

They definitely know who did it. Because the case was run so badly to start, evidence isn’t there to back up what they already know.

This is not new news about the phone being turned off/powered down at 12.08/09pm it is covered on page 139 of Neil Root's book on Claudia called 'Gone' which was published in 2013. Police released this info in 2009 (see attached pics of book publication date/page 139). I am struggling to see how this is new news as it seems to be exactly what NYP released in Dec. 2009. Forgive me if I haven't followed protocol 1st time posting!

Attachments

• 20190604_224143.jpg
    20190604_224143.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20190604_224223.jpg
    20190604_224223.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 24
This is not new news about the phone being turned off/powered down at 12.08/09pm it is covered on page 139 of Neil Root's book on Claudia called 'Gone' which was published in 2013. Police released this info in 2009 (see attached pics of book publication date/page 139). I am struggling to see how this is new news as it seems to be exactly what NYP released in Dec. 2009. Forgive me if I haven't followed protocol 1st time posting!

Welcome, Kiri!! I haven't read the book - is it worth getting?

I think some of this stuff came out so long ago that some of us have forgotten all the details (or it might just be me!!)

Hi thank you for the welcome! Yes worth a read, lots covered in it! It was published 2013 but has exactly same info in as NYP website does today so not really dated. I had to show the info in it as I knew this phone stuff was actually released in 2009 as it states on page 139 (I cannot see any new info in the press releases published yesterday). I feel Joan has been misquoted by MSM (or she really hadn't heard about phone data/info, but I find that odd). Unless there is something new in this new info I've missed ie slightly updated ping triangulation?

Something I find strange is that exactly 1 yr almost to the day, after being interviewed in 2009 a kitchen colleague of Claudia's told police in 2010 that his "memory had been jogged by a recent crimewatch appeal" and he 'now remembered' Claudia had told him "she was out with a boyfriend on March 17th 2009 til 5am". Why he hadn't recalled this before he did not know (page 152 of 'Gone', Root, 2013). IMO I find that odd, but NYP do not find it suspicious (apparently/haven't mentioned it again) but obviously want to find that 'boyfriend'. There are other interesting snippets in it ie other possible witness sightings of her late eve/early am (in addition to arguing/smoking man). I find this case so baffling. NYP heavily favour suspects known to her as opposed to stranger so just lack of evidence? IDK. The man/men in alley is odd. One of the men was Id'd but died soon after but apparently still looking for that other man? Weird. So sad for family.

Something I find strange is that exactly 1 yr almost to the day, after being interviewed in 2009 a kitchen colleague of Claudia's told police in 2010 that his "memory had been jogged by a recent crimewatch appeal" and he 'now remembered' Claudia had told him "she was out with a boyfriend on March 17th 2009 til 5am". Why he hadn't recalled this before he did not know (page 152 of 'Gone', Root, 2013). IMO I find that odd, but NYP do not find it suspicious (apparently/haven't mentioned it again) but obviously want to find that 'boyfriend'. There are other interesting snippets in it ie other possible witness sightings of her late eve/early am (in addition to arguing/smoking man). I find this case so baffling. NYP heavily favour suspects known to her as opposed to stranger so just lack of evidence? IDK. The man/men in alley is odd. One of the men was Id'd but died soon after but apparently still looking for that other man? Weird. So sad for family.
Hi Kiri, yes I also thought the work colleague info coming a year later was odd. Also read the book, a few times over in places!

Unsure if this link was already posted, but it includes some interesting tidbits that may have been forgotten and Websleuths is briefly referenced too!
March 19 2019 rbbm.
Whenever particularly sozzled, Claudia Lawrence liked to play the same Elton John track, Your Song…
"Claudia’s disappearance could potentially also be the result of a burglary gone wrong then in which case. Given her missing work bag and the lack of a crime scene at her home, any burglary she may have accidentally or purposefully disturbed must have taken place early that morning and most probably was about to take place at a neighbour’s house. Otherwise, Lime Court is student halls accommodation. Police searched the buildings and I think there were rumours the alleyway behind Claudia’s house was used as a drop off point.

According to another commenter on the Claudia Lawrence Websleuths page, they spoke with a former bar man at the Nag’s, and he told them police told him they had recently questioned members of staff at a large company in York. Not about their direct involvement in Claudia’s murder, but in covering up for the suspects in presumably a professional capacity. If this is not untrue and white collar then think accounting, insurance, auditing; obscuring incriminating purchases or unexplained cash deposits and expenditures."

Acomb area featured a lot on her phone history. They could surely tell where it was turned off? Maybe not! or maybe NYP keeping that to themselves? or maybe they don't know! Ie just in the York area. I couldn't work investigative work, I don't think i'd ever switch off!!!

The sozzled Claudia blog raises more questions than answers

Yes - she claims to have known so much about the case from a first-hand point of view and so you would expect that she would have been interviewed by the police and likely have given them a statement; yet she doesn't mention this. And what is her final sentence all about?

Who is she directing the bit@# word to????

I come back to this case every now and then hoping there will be some break in Claudia's case. With all the CCTV footage nowadays, I'm puzzled there is nothing of her walking at least part way. We did see some CCTV footage of the side of her home, but unless she would not have walked past that camera she evidently was not on that footage. I tend to believe she didn't walk out of her home that morning or if she did whatever happened occurred shortly after she walked out. I wonder did she usually text someone such as a co-worker, before she left in the mornings? Yet there is apparently no crime scene in her home.

This case is strangely similar to the Jennifer Kesse case in Orlando Florida here in the USA.

It's so strange...if she was taken from back of lane the cctv would have captured her (like we see the man/men on it - that in itself is odd!!!). If she walked out the front part of her normal route to work the street/shop cctv would have captured her. So all we have is 3!!! possible men walking near in the eve then 5AM (I'll post a vid in my next post), an Astra van opposite her house - evening before (cctv of this but not Claudia getting in it), or that she got in it/another car/or walked/down the street where there was no cctv a little way, but not all of the way (as she wasn't caught on cctv on foot), so she must have gone out the front and then taken in a car otherwise she would have been seen on a cctv!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500