UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find NYP let out quite a bit of info at start of case and a bit over the years, but they don't seem to update the public on what/if their leads ie calls to crimewatch etc over the years ever got them anywhere, I guess they can't if it was central to the arrests. So weird 9 or so folk arrested but no forensic to prosecute. Either no forensics exist or very very well hidden!
They missed opportunity for forensics at start - wasn’t there the garage or area at back of house that never got searched properly? Shocking

Personally, I think that the white Astra van is a red herring. It is not exactly opposite Claudia's house, its quite a way up the road, by Friar Tucks Fish and Chip shop, near the traffic lights. I think its actually parked at what was in October 2009, Quartz Travel.
I think it belongs to one of their target suspects from the Nag's Head and they are fishing for witnesses to come forward. Perhaps a married man who had told his wife he was working late that night.

I've started to wonder if Claudia wasn't in a relationship with her killer, and instead he was a man who thought that she was 'easy' and that she definitely would be 'up for it'. Then she turned him down and he couldn't handle rejection from a woman who he perceived as very happy to sleep with all these other men, but not him.

In this scenario, he could easily be a neighbour or work colleague who Claudia would have trusted. Claudia would have been willing to accept a lift from him, not having a clue about his real intentions.

What a baffling case! .... no evidence or crime scene/local poi's/potential wall of silence/gossip around the victim...so sad. What on earth happened to Claudia? An obviously well loved friend and family member missed by many x

turn the sound down! But this is an interesting interpretation of the man/men on cctv. It looks to me IMO the man/men may be watching Claudia's house door back/front etc. NYP website still have this info. on their pages ie haven't taken off explaining it was the owner of nearby flats who used to check them (who later died of heart attack) - I'll have to check the book 'Gone' again for a recap, but these men seem soooo suspicious.... as if covering all Claudia's possible escape routes?!? She surely got in a car in the eve/AM as only explanation for not being in cctv.
The 7:15 PM footage shows someone passing in one and then 1 minute 8 seconds later there is a man going in the opposite direction. The information given in most media articles is that this is the same man - he just happened to turn around and go the other way. But given how poor this video is how do we know it is the same person? Both images indicate dark shirt and dark slacks, but many times CCTV colors may not be exact.

Yes possibly, or something amiss happened in Nags/Acomb pub?/wherever she was staying (not covered by cctv), I hate the way they say her life was 'complex and mysterious'. That makes us think all kinds!!!!....probably far more sensationalist than ... she 'was just having fun/looking for a partner ' etc. Just seems to fuel the rumour mill...rightly or wrongly.... I do hope the interest in her case eventually finds those/them guilty, as opposed to people being negative about the so called 'complex life' she apparently led.

The 7:15 PM footage shows someone passing in one and then 1 minute 8 seconds later there is a man going in the opposite direction. The information given in most media articles is that this is the same man - he just happened to turn around and go the other way. But given how poor this video is how do we know it is the same person? Both images indicate dark shirt and dark slacks, but many times CCTV colors may not be exact.
I don't know! Interesting. Fuels my thoughts of an orchestrated attack at the house ie front/back covered by men/out of view of cctv then put in a car after she spoke to her mum? So crime scene elsewhere. Baffling.

I don't know! Interesting. Fuels my thoughts of an orchestrated attack at the house ie front/back covered by men/out of view of cctv then put in a car after she spoke to her mum? So crime scene elsewhere. Baffling.
I was going to say must be same man as no others shown going in to alley on cctv...... Unless other man/men come from nags head?? via car park/alley way and pass/go in to Claudia's garden/kitchen from the alley/back lane? sure I saw somewhere this would have been possible before plants were planted to fill area between alley and nags car park. Hmmm. Just no info from NYP on anything much.

I believe this was someone she knew, but not necessarily someone who frequents Nags Head. Her backpack, chef's whites and cell phone missing leads me to believe this happened just outside her home OR she got a ride and it happened there. Blitz attack and she was quickly overcome. I think the crime - or the first part of it - was in that vehicle. Otherwise she was not seen on CCTV on her way to work and it happened before that point, but a blitz attack just the same. This guy was either very smart or VERY lucky. Claudia is not missing - she was murdered.

I've started to wonder if Claudia wasn't in a relationship with her killer, and instead he was a man who thought that she was 'easy' and that she definitely would be 'up for it'. Then she turned him down and he couldn't handle rejection from a woman who he perceived as very happy to sleep with all these other men, but not him.

In this scenario, he could easily be a neighbour or work colleague who Claudia would have trusted. Claudia would have been willing to accept a lift from him, not having a clue about his real intentions.
A very likely scenario. A work colleague or neighbor not connected to the Nag's Head pub. But she never considered it big enough to tell family or friends. OR who knows the pub meeting with friend might have been the first mention of it by her, but she never got a chance.

I believe this was someone she knew, but not necessarily someone who frequents Nags Head. Her backpack, chef's whites and cell phone missing leads me to believe this happened just outside her home OR she got a ride and it happened there. Blitz attack and she was quickly overcome. I think the crime - or the first part of it - was in that vehicle. Otherwise she was not seen on CCTV on her way to work and it happened before that point, but a blitz attack just the same. This guy was either very smart or VERY lucky. Claudia is not missing - she was murdered.
I agree...as NYP have not revealed she was anywhere else....ie not witnessed in a pub that night, but she could have been somewhere else...at someone's house for the eve? (Still planning to go to work next day), shame police cant/won't say where last pings were exactly other than in the York area. So I guess she was taken late eve/early am from her home as is suggested.

Yes he h
MWT reckons that Claudia's abduction was a 2 person job and it can an be solved
Yes he has been quite vocal about this theory...more so than NYP. Seems plausible. He did a programme (links on his website but I can't play it for some reason), would love to watch it...he did a lot of work for the This Morning show featuring this case/the programme.

So here is the thing about MWT

On the pistorius case, he produced a dreadful "documentary" where he interview dear Oscar and proceeded to produce a bunch of trash which got basic facts wrong.

IMO he doesn't do proper primary research - he just relies on access to insiders to get a juicy story, because in reality his focus is on making a TV show

my 02c

On the pistorius case, he produced a dreadful "documentary" where he interview dear Oscar and proceeded to produce a bunch of trash which got basic facts wrong.

IMO he doesn't do proper primary research - he just relies on access to insiders to get a juicy story, because in reality his focus is on making a TV show

my 02c
Yes I read this about him too, he was (I read) a regular police officer for most of his career, not a high ranking investigator. How is he allowed to speculate so much though? Ie without NYP intervening? Guess he's not mentioning the names of the '2' people and it is just his 'theory'? (which I agree is a very plausible one) but he does sound like he is certain!!! Yet provides no further evidence to back up is theory?? (maybe for good reason..lawyers etc!). I'm a bit obsessed with getting answers in this case! But unless it's actually from the police we have to take everything with a pinch of salt. Just wish police would provide more public info. But as it's in a reactive stage as opposed to active investigation, they don't have to. What NYP, Donal and Williams ALL say however, is that they are certain local people lying! So that seems the truth.

my 02c
I agree, Mr J. That programme destroyed any credibility MWT might have had with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa