UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all
Brand new to WS and nervous about posting, but have read all previous threads and viewed docs and interviews etc and lurked for a long time.

It may be absolutely nothing, and I may have have missed it in the many posts, but I was always intrigued by the amount of food that he purchased. A kebab, chips and two bugers... it sounded to me like a meal for two, not one.

Could this add add to the waiting time to meet someone theory?

Looking back to the previous thread, I do find references to the white door (no 26) in the horseshoe area very interesting... given that it's attached to FOCUS12 and mental health rehabilitation. And someone else's comments, further back still, QUOTE: Visiting marham regularly for one. Raf marham houses the community mental health department for all armed forces in the area. Unless being sent there to work which Is unusual to be so regular it seems very likely Corrie was being treated at raf marham.
I wonder if there is a link? Could Corrie have been going to number 26? As he enters the HS area, he doesn't seem to correspond with anyone (call out/make eye contact) which being Corrie, he almost certainly would have? So did he have a pre-arranged rendezvous with someone he's got to know from the mental health team in the flats? Not suggesting that he himself has mental health problems... but maybe the person he's meeting has? It's just another angle, as I am thinking of as many angles as I can. Hope I've not broken any rules?

his mental health is cleared up in live q&a

I have just found an answer to something I've had from the beginning. Could the council CCTV camera above Starbucks see down to the Cornhill shopping centre/McDonalds or is blocked by the curve of the foot path?

Here is my answer: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...We14P_MA!2e0!5s20090301T000000!7i13312!8i6656

If you zoom in the bracket for the camera can be seen above the wrought iron balcony's. So that is another source where CCTV images could come from.
So where are the images from this camera? Have we seen any at all in the 40 or so images issued?

Hello all
Brand new to WS and nervous about posting, but have read all previous threads and viewed docs and interviews etc and lurked for a long time.

It may be absolutely nothing, and I may have have missed it in the many posts, but I was always intrigued by the amount of food that he purchased. A kebab, chips and two bugers... it sounded to me like a meal for two, not one.

Many of us have said this but N said it wasn't a lot for C. He apparently gave some to the homeless guy but i have seen no confirmation of this in links. Some think he bought for two and waited but others don't see him carrying much food in the grapes cctv. Many theories even about the takeaway food. Welcome aboard.

I don't think it's unusual for somebody of Corrie's age and build. I got on a train yesterday and the young guy opposite me proceeded to eat two BK meals. When I was Corrie's age I used to order 20 Chicken McNuggets!

Looking back to the previous thread, I do find references to the white door (no 26) in the horseshoe area very interesting... given that it's attached to FOCUS12 and mental health rehabilitation. And someone else's comments, further back still, QUOTE: Visiting marham regularly for one. Raf marham houses the community mental health department for all armed forces in the area. Unless being sent there to work which Is unusual to be so regular it seems very likely Corrie was being treated at raf marham.
I wonder if there is a link? Could Corrie have been going to number 26? As he enters the HS area, he doesn't seem to correspond with anyone (call out/make eye contact) which being Corrie, he almost certainly would have? So did he have a pre-arranged rendezvous with someone he's got to know from the mental health team in the flats? Not suggesting that he himself has mental health problems... but maybe the person he's meeting has? It's just another angle, as I am thinking of as many angles as I can. Hope I've not broken any rules?

That was me you quoted. Marham also treats things like alcoholism, gambling, relationship issues, depression etc etc all under the umbrella of mental health. I did wonder about a link.

That was me you quoted. Marham also treats things like alcoholism, gambling, relationship issues, depression etc etc all under the umbrella of mental health. I did wonder about a link.

I did look up Marham for information and it appears to have quite a lot of on-base facilities. Clubs, shops, library and other community events. May C have visited for social reasons, is that likely? Or is Marham more 'family' based? Just curious.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed but I'm just catching up and realising that this dark figure is leaving the horseshoe toward northgate Street. Presumably he entered the horseshoe a short time before these images so either a) was caught on different cctv, in which case why has this not been released given they are so keen to find this person? Or b) was NOT caught on any other cctv which pretty much proves that you can leave the horseshoe without being seen.

The image quality they have given is pretty poor so I always assumed it was the only one they had, although of course that may be wrong. I suppose the other explanation is that the police are not particularly keen interested in this person which is entirely possible as this is being pushed much more by Nicola.

Just some thoughts :)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I did look up Marham for information and it appears to have quite a lot of on-base facilities. Clubs, shops, library and other community events. May C have visited for social reasons, is that likely? Or is Marham more 'family' based? Just curious.

Marham is one of the RAF's biggest bases. He could easily be visiting friends, as you meet a lot of people throughout training etc that you would be likely to keep in touch with. However if it is REGULAR visits, at a set time and day it seems unusual, especially as frequently as every couple of weeks. Whilst I don't doubt his mum knows her son better than anyone it is also possible that she doesn't know the ins and outs of what was going on, the RAF would keep any medical records strictly private.

Not suggesting he had any issues which required medical attention at Marham but it does look like he had a reason to be there if he was visiting regularly. Rather than just social visits.

I asked about in the "wags" community 😂 And they seemed to think if you were based at honington you wouldn't have a need to visit marham regularly although of course he could be visiting friends, not sure about twice weekly though? That made me think it's more an official capacity.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed but I'm just catching up and realising that this dark figure is leaving the horseshoe toward northgate Street. Presumably he entered the horseshoe a short time before these images so either a) was caught on different cctv, in which case why has this not been released given they are so keen to find this person? Or b) was NOT caught on any other cctv which pretty much proves that you can leave the horseshoe without being seen.

The image quality they have given is pretty poor so I always assumed it was the only one they had, although of course that may be wrong. I suppose the other explanation is that the police are not particularly keen interested in this person which is entirely possible as this is being pushed much more by Nicola.

Just some thoughts :)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Exactluy Mya and several of us have said this for a long time. The myth that you cannot walk out without being seen is harming the search IMO.

I asked about in the "wags" community 😂 And they seemed to think if you were based at honington you wouldn't have a need to visit marham regularly although of course he could be visiting friends, not sure about twice weekly though? That made me think it's more an official capacity.
I don't think it was twice weekly, think it was every 2 weeks x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ahhhhh ..... this has just prompted me to think perhaps he was seeing another servicemans lady? And this is where there's been some conflict? This has been mentioned by his mum in the capacity that he may have been mistaken for someone doing such a thing. Please head to FB thread and I'll explain. X

So where are the images from this camera? Have we seen any at all in the 40 or so images issued?

I don't have the answer....But I did post a suggestion on another post that the Police only want the person themselves to come forward?

If you remember the guy on the bike CCTV from the Greenwoods camera that gives an indication to me that either lower quality or more distant shots are being deliberately released. Where the guy on the bike is in the still is right next to the first CCTV camera that Corrie was on and then there is another camera on a lamppost opposite Mama Mia's. So surely one or both of these caught the guy on the bike?

Exactluy Mya and several of us have said this for a long time. The myth that you cannot walk out without being seen is harming the search IMO.

Such a sticking point isn't it. I have still not found any report from the police that this could happen.

First time poster, long-time lurker!

I find this case baffling. A few thoughts, my apologies if they have been covered off in previous threads.

In the Grapes CCTV, I think Corrie is carrying quite a lot of food - in the early frames of the video it looks to me as if he is carrying items in both hands. Later, past the people, he might balance these items in his left hand while he picks up a piece of food or a wooden fork that he drops. Perhaps it is this process of dropping the food that convinces him that he needs to sit down to eat his meal, hence the subsequent stop in the shop doorway.

In my younger days when I got drunk I was prone to ordering far more food than I actually need, so I don’t think his order is particularly unusual. Also, I wonder if he was short of cash and needed to pay by credit or debit card. If this was the case, perhaps he needed to order a certain value of food to make it up to a minimum card payment.

A theory about the Horseshoe footage. I agree with early threads that he looks peculiarly furtive as he surveys the area before he enters. Again, going only on past experience, but he seems far more furtive than a drunk man simply looking for somewhere to urinate. I’ve walked past drunk men relieving themselves in far more prominent city centre locations than a discreet back alley. They can be quite brazen about it.

He’s woken up in the doorway and realised that his only method of getting home is a three-hour walk. It’s not cold (AccuWeather suggests a low of 12degC on that day if I’m reading correctly) but not especially warm either, and he thinks he might need to cut across fields, so might need some extra clothing.

Is there a chance a bag of old clothes could have previously been dumped by or in the bins in the horseshoe? Even if there isn’t a clothes recycling bin in the location, it wouldn’t be out of the question for someone to dump some there in the expectation they would be disposed of by waste management companies.

Could he have found a warmer sweater or hoodie to put over his pink shirt? Could he then be the figure wearing darker clothes seen leaving the area ten mins later? Because that figure’s slightly hunched profile certainly bears a resemblance to Corrie’s. Rather than holding something in that freeze frame image, he could be adjusting zips, sleeves, toggles etc.

None of which explains his ultimate fate, I appreciate.

I don't have the answer....But I did post a suggestion on another post that the Police only want the person themselves to come forward?

If you remember the guy on the bike CCTV from the Greenwoods camera that gives an indication to me that either lower quality or more distant shots are being deliberately released. Where the guy on the bike is in the still is right next to the first CCTV camera that Corrie was on and then there is another camera on a lamppost opposite Mama Mia's. So surely one or both of these caught the guy on the bike?

I cannot quite follow all the technical details of the CCTV cameras, but these comments by the police did strike me when these images were released.
Just curious why if he was seen on CCTV cycling in the Cornhill area is this the best pic they can provide?

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/12/08/latest-cctv-images-8th-december/

A person on a bicycle, thought to be male with short hair, wearing dark clothing at 3.56am. He was seen on CCTV cycling around the Cornhill area and is here captured in the area of The Grapes in Brentgovel Street

I cannot quite follow all the technical details of the CCTV cameras, but these comments by the police did strike me when these images were released.
Just curious why if he was seen on CCTV cycling in the Cornhill area is this the best pic they can provide?

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/12/08/latest-cctv-images-8th-december/

A person on a bicycle, thought to be male with short hair, wearing dark clothing at 3.56am. He was seen on CCTV cycling around the Cornhill area and is here captured in the area of The Grapes in Brentgovel Street

So this is confirmation there is more footage (I missed this!) Cornhill has the most council cameras in a small area. Above Starbucks, above HSBC, above RBS/Hays and one above Sahara in The Traverse.

I don't think it was twice weekly, think it was every 2 weeks x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sorry that's what I meant 😂 I don't be know why I keep thinking twice weekly means every two weeks. I blame the chocolate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname