UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you find it so difficult to grasp that many young gay men CANNOT bear coming out to their families? Suicide amongst young men is the highest in all the age groups and sexes, and many of them take their lives because they are gay and can't face telling their families.

iF Corrie is gay, and if he couldn't face telling his family, then of course they're going to say he isn't.

Not necessarily saying this applies to Corrie but I totally agree that coming out isn't nearly as easy as some people think. Attitudes in general are much more liberal nowadays but it's still a huge issue for many many people

Why would you assume that I don't understand the difficulties in coming out? I said that we have to work with facts and the only fact we have is his family's statement. Whether it's correct or not isn't the point - the point is that it's the only fact we have available to us.

UNfortunately I don't think we CAN take the families statements as facts as we know how many of these have turned out not to true and, whilst it's him Mum's opinion he's not gay she has ackowledged that it could be true with her statement that he would be a fabulous gay man.

JMO

Youve said its wrong ring for me to say he DEFINITELY looks gay, then you say he DEFINITELY looks straight. Ha.

Actually I haven't said he definitely looks straight. I said the things people are jumping on to say he definitely is gay don't mean anything.

FWIW I do lean towards at least bi if not gay but that's for other reasons than his clothes and instagram which people are saying definitely make him gay.

I don't think we do know that he never pulled a girl on a night out, I think that's a grapevine corruption.

Unlike the official police releases, or even media articles, things that the family have said have gone down the FB page and are now hard to find. We just remember bits of them.

I think the family were referring more to nights out in Scotland with Corrie and his brother going out, and that this wouldn't be an abnormal night out for them. I thought it was said that if they did separate during the night that they'd usually meet up to go home together...someone else has read it the other way around that it was normal for Corrie to split off from the group and make his own way home..then that's become that Corrie always goes home alone without pulling.

I am not personally putting any credence in this belief that Corrie always goes home alone at the end of a night out.

Of course it's possible that Corrie is the kind of guy to prefer to meet a girl and then make a date in the week and get to know her, and start a relationship that way, but I don't think it was implied in the original comment that Corrie would never hook up with a girl on a night out. He might not do that at home if he's going back to his mum's house at the end of the night, but there's no reason he can't do that if he lives down in BSE.

BBM - if he was meeting a guy why didn't he go to wherever the guy was and wait there?

It's not just girls who work in pubs and clubs and how do we know he never pulled a girl when he went clubbing? Was this established over night, I see that posts have been deleted and I would have missed that

I've missed this, who has confirmed he's not on there, is it a site that people use their real names for?

i don't think his Grindr status can be confirmed or denied without access to his phone and apps he's downloaded.

Grindr shows recently active men in a local area. It's also very easy to delete an account so it could have been something he's used in the past (building up a selection of regular hookups) but wasn't a current user of or could be something on his phone that the family aren't aware of. Either way nobody other than his network presumably can confirm whether or not he used it because by the time he was reported missing and people started to delve in to his sexuality he would have long dropped off the local recently active users.

There are complaints about the 'gay' possibility being belaboured. But the truth is that every little thing is being belaboured and nitpicked to death. We have about 30 pages of bin lorry in every thread so far. The funny thing about that is there was still new information in each thread about the bin lorry pickups. Sometimes you have to go back to something that's been nitpicked to death six times already, because something new does pop up, or a new member comes in and they want to put their bit in, too.

It might get repetitive and boring, and if Corrie's not gay then it's also irrelevant. But we don't yet know what's relevant or irrelevant yet. And every time someone says "let's not talk about 'that'" then there will be three pages of argument in response giving all the reasons that it shouldn't be ignored. It's just the nature of forums, especially when there isn't anything in the way of actual developments.

There are complaints about the 'gay' possibility being belaboured. But the truth is that every little thing is being belaboured and nitpicked to death. We have about 30 pages of bin lorry in every thread so far. The funny thing about that is there was still new information in each thread about the bin lorry pickups. Sometimes you have to go back to something that's been nitpicked to death six times already, because something new does pop up, or a new member comes in and they want to put their bit in, too.

It might get repetitive and boring, and if Corrie's not gay then it's also irrelevant. But we don't yet know what's relevant or irrelevant yet. And every time someone says "let's not talk about 'that'" then there will be three pages of argument in response giving all the reasons that it shouldn't be ignored. It's just the nature of forums, especially when there isn't anything in the way of actual developments.

True! Wish I hadn't said anything!

Whether or he has certain sexual preferences or he likes to experiment with chemicals, is pretty much immaterial...at this moment in time. It may be relevant further down the line, or not.

Clearly it is key to establish whether he departed Bury in a car or not....and if so, if he went willingly or unwillingly.

Given what is known (or rather assumed from what is not seen on cctv in the rest of the town), is that he departed Bury in a car.

But "from where" did he depart from.
Did he walk back to the corner of St John's Street and Brentgrovel Street and get into a car there ?
Or did he depart from the top of Short Brackland ?

Here the phone comes into play....and the bin lorry. Knowing precisely where Corrie departed from, you can possibly work out how he departed (willingly or unwillingly).

If for example, he walked back the way he came and got into a car on that corner, then the likelihood is, Corrie went for a pee, he willingly got into a car, he departed Bury and he was in the Barton area at 0420 and he was with his phone.

Establishing "the above" would be a "game changer". Unfortunately establishing just that relies on the analysis of CCTV and modelling of cameras 09 and 34. And it is precisely this... that there seems to be great "confusion" about. I really don't know if this is been done on purpose. It is a "live investigation" afterall.

Whether or he has certain sexual preferences or he likes to experiment with chemicals, is pretty much immaterial...at this moment in time. It may be relevant further down the line, or not.

Clearly it is key to establish whether he departed Bury in a car or not....and if so, if he went willingly or unwillingly.

Given what is known (or rather assumed from what is not seen on cctv in the rest of the town), is that he departed Bury in a car.

But "from where" did he depart from.
Did he walk back to the corner of St John's Street and Brentgrovel Street and get into a car there ?
Or did he depart from the top of Short Brackland ?

Here the phone comes into play....and the bin lorry. Knowing precisely where Corrie departed from, you can possibly work out how he departed (willingly or unwillingly).

If for example, he walked back the way he came and got into a car on that corner, then the likelihood is, Corrie went for a pee, he willingly got into a car, he departed Bury and he was in the Barton area at 0420 and he was with his phone.

Establishing "the above" would be a "game changer". Unfortunately establishing just that relies on the analysis of CCTV and modelling of cameras 09 and 34. And it is precisely this... that there seems to be great "confusion" about. I really don't know if this is been done on purpose. It is a "live investigation" afterall.

Who is to say he left BSE at all?

I also question the point of CCTV in any town that cannot read car registration plates.

Officers admitted he could have jumped on the back of the lorry to hitch a lift and could have injured himself when jumping off to complete his *journey on foot............... Not so long ago they were saying that he could have got on back of bin lorry then walked, I wounded if they are still thinking its a possibility,

I also question the point of CCTV in any town that cannot read car registration plates.

I know this has been done to death a bit but we don't know it hasn't been read. It could have been read but not been properly registered at the DVLA or the number plate may have been too dirty to read properly however good the cameras are for example

Officers admitted he could have jumped on the back of the lorry to hitch a lift and could have injured himself when jumping off to complete his *journey on foot............... Not so long ago they were saying that he could have got on back of bin lorry then walked, I wounded if they are still thinking its a possibility,

Do you have a link for that please. Nicola has been insistent that the back of the lorry is seen on CCTV and Corrie was not on it

I think I'm safe to say that the cameras are more than capable of reading car number plates, IMO. Look at this Youtube video of ~£200/$250 no name camera you or I could buy online.

[video=youtube;DFo6mvH4t4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFo6mvH4t4s[/video]

My guess is the cameras used in BSE are both branded and even higher quality than the above. If any camera caught a car front or rear on they could go back to that footage and zoom in up to 30x and read the tiny postcode on the plate never mind the number plate itself! (bit of an exaggeration but you get the point).

I'd be really surprised if these cameras are so "dumb" and setup with so many blind spots that cars are missed. And that assumes they don't run with the sophisticated software I've mentioned before.

Also what Suzy said.

Who is to say he left BSE at all?

There is that to

And again, the two relevant cameras would answer that.

We have been told and it is directly implied (albeit not presented clearly and also contradicted) that the relevant cameras (09/34) had that area in sight all the time. With no breaks. One hundred percent. Never not insight.

And from those cameras, there was no movement in that area by a person or persons and by no vehicle. Only the bin lorry. And that arrived, collected and departed.

That is what I understand ?

So yes, from this absolute evidence which we have been told exists, Corrie remained in that area from 0325 to at least 0800.

There is no other conclusion to be made.

Ok another speculation ( not sure if this has been discussed before) opportunist perpretator: recall the young woman in Northampton where guy befriended her outside nightclub and then got her in taxi home to his place and murdered her? So.... someone comes across Corrie in the doorway they can see how drunk he is but are aware of cctv so cannot risk being caught by camera so they go get their vehicle and park it by bins or they go and loiter by bins presuming he will leave the area by there in a short while.... when Corrie leaves the doorway he is signalled over to the bin area and he goes to investigate. He either goes willingly with the person on the promise of a bed for the night so he can sober up and drive home next day or with the promise of a lift home or he is taken against his will ( he was a strong guy no doubt but there are stun guns and other ways of threatening people to get in a car)

Is it possible if something happened in the bin area, he could of been placed somewhere then moved a couple days later. Seeing as no alarm was raised till the Monday. I'm assuming they are checking cctv for the following days after he went missing. But if someone was to move a body surely it would of been captured on cctv? So I'm confused!

Could he of just hid out for a day or two, changed clothes and gone. I suppose it could be anything at the moment as we have not really got anything to go on apart from the confirmed sightings/phone ping.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ok another speculation ( not sure if this has been discussed before) opportunist perpretator: recall the young woman in Northampton where guy befriended her outside nightclub and then got her in taxi home to his place and murdered her? So.... someone comes across Corrie in the doorway they can see how drunk he is but are aware of cctv so cannot risk being caught by camera so they go get their vehicle and park it by bins or they go and loiter by bins presuming he will leave the area by there in a short while.... when Corrie leaves the doorway he is signalled over to the bin area and he goes to investigate. He either goes willingly with the person on the promise of a bed for the night so he can sober up and drive home next day or with the promise of a lift home or he is taken against his will ( he was a strong guy no doubt but there are stun guns and other ways of threatening people to get in a car)

There was also this hooded person who was seen leaving bin area 4 minutes after Corrie arrived there.... did he render Corrie unconscious, hide him then go get a vehicle to remove him?

Can anyone tell me if the River Linnet and/or The Lark have been searched ? Find these threads move so fast it's hard to keep up.

Not familiar with the area, but from google maps the river Linnet looks as if it is only 500 m from where he was last seen.
TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members