UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE:

This is a victim friendly site.

The family members are victims.

STOP bashing and attacking the family regarding the contents of their posts on the Find Corrie Facebook page.

If you cannot discuss their updates without criticizing them, then just don't mention them.

Thank you.

I'm curious as to whether police are waiting for passers-by to view the hooded man on the police kiosk CCTV?

I find it strange that they haven't put out a local appeal in the media.

My theories at this point, in no particular order:

1. Grindr or rough trade hookup gone bad

2. Unlicensed taxi or stranger offering a lift (both with criminal/murderous intent from the get-go)

3. Unlicensed taxi or stranger offering a lift, drives to remote area to put the moves on Corrie, Corrie's not into it, driver flies into a rage and kills him (someone on one of the earlier threads said when he was younger in the same area I believe, he accepted a late night ride from a random guy. The guy drove him into the woods to get down to business, but when rebuffed, luckily let our poster go.)

4. Accident (which could range from the lorry driver hitting Corrie if the lorry driver had been drinking, to Corrie OD'ing in a sketchy house, to him somehow making his way out of Bury on foot and being hit by a car on the road walking back to base, or slipping and drowning in a body of water)

5. Crime of opportunity terrorist abduction (could also be posing as unlicensed taxi or Grindr hookup, just to speculate)

6. Involvement of another service person up in Mildenhall.

7. Suicide or AWOL - I think he shows strong signs of being bi-polar / manic depressive. Technically, schizophrenia hits some men very badly at about this age, even when they've shown no signs before. Admittedly, this is lowest on my list, but I do think he may be manic depressive and have impulse control problems. His "reckless" behavior in the past would fit manic episodes.

8. Same guy abducted Corrie that abducted Luke Durbin and has never been caught.

I have to disagree with you there I'm bipolar and from everything I've read no.... And he wasn't showing any signs of mania or depression or mix state at time or someone would have noticed something different. Believe me. No one did leading up to it.
Xx

But if you're cruising for a pickup in a car you wouldn't go into a dead end area you'd stick to roads where you were more likely to see people and where you would be able to keep driving round rather than have to start performing vehicular manoeuvres. I've not seen anything to indicate the bin areas is a known pickup spot. If it was a gay pickup it would have to be via gindr or similar. If it was via grindr and they haven't already identified the individual then I would expect more inquiries amongst the local gay community. If Corrie was on grindr, similar or had had any exchanges on apps about gay liaisons past or planned the family and police would now be aware through interrogation of his usage (they wouldn't need his actual phone for this).
Confirmed he can't be found on Grindr sand he's not gay:curious. Very much a ladies man and let's be honest can you blame him. He's beautiful lol xx

I don't think being beautiful precludes someone from being homosexual, to be fair. No idea what Corrie's sexuality was, but I don't think his looks had much bearing on it.
They might, however, have attracted attention from both genders whether wanted or not.

Confirmed he can't be found on Grindr sand he's not gay:curious. Very much a ladies man and let's be honest can you blame him. He's beautiful lol xx

How is can anyone confirm Corrie wasn't on Grindr? A huge proportion of men on there are bi and married or already in a gay relationship - just like PC Semple was - so they NEVER put pictures of their face up on the main site, nor do they go by their real names.

I suspect having looked at Corrie's poses on Instagram and the fact he tags gay men into some of his posts - some of whom compliment him and say how cute he is etc - that Corrie is either gay or bi. I have some close gay friends and a male member of my family is gay, and Corrie DEFINITELY looks gay in his pictures. He even wears his earring in his right ear on occasions. Wearing it in your right ear is a known signal to display to other gay men that you too are gay: why would a straight man want to chance being mistaken for gay if he wasn't?

You mentioned that Corrie is a lady's man, but nothing seems to suggest that at all. Yes, he has a disproportionate amount of sexy looking women on his Instagram following him, but he doesn't know the majority of them and they're a great smokescreen. His Instagram is hugely telling if you look at it....especially as one seemingly gay man on there whom he'd tagged has closed his account down. It may be nothing, and maybe he wants to distance himself from any involvement, but the fact is Corrie appeared to be in contact with gay men on there and some of his pictures are typically gay poses. It doesn't matter if he's gay, but the two things it brings up is if he is gay and hasn't come out, he's open to blackmail...and being secretly gay is also a reason some men decide to disappear.

Also, if he's a lady's man why - and Nicola said this - did he never leave clubs with a girl? Not once did he hook up with a girl and leave a club with her. He's good-looking, outgoing, confident...and according to you a lady's man...so he could have pulled a girl every single week if he wanted. But he always left the clubs by himself...alone...yet he could have almost had his pick of girls and all young men are full of raging hormones...so you need to question why he never once left with a girl.

I don't think being beautiful precludes someone from being homosexual, to be fair. No idea what Corrie's sexuality was, but I don't think his looks had much bearing on it.
They might, however, have attracted attention from both genders whether wanted or not.

Lots of gay men are incredibly handsome.

But besides being handsome Corrie had a gay look about him. I don't need to explain it...everyone understands what that means.

That's not a lot of drinking, wonder if it was beer or stronger?

Maybe beer and a spirit chaser together. That does seem to be a Scottish practice AFAIK.

If he had been to So Bar and Wetherspoon before hitting Flex, he could have had 6 or more units of alcohol before arriving at the club. Then there's the unknown quantity of booze he swigged while sitting in his car. There's every likelihood that was spirit or spirit based, so he could well have been half cut before he arrived at Flex. But if that was the case, why did the bouncers even let him in?

I was thinking during the night about 'obvious' solutions and theories. I was musing what if his colleagues did pick him up from town and give him a 'beasting' for being too cocky, it went too far and so they've closed ranks? Could that be possible? It's not a pleasant thought but none of the alternatives are at this stage.
I presume this has been ruled out by the police...

the post you responded to sounds suspiciously like someone either on the inside or a member of the fanclub, attempting to quash the suggestions around here.

to be fair I wouldn't describe Corrie as "looking gay" in his pics....the metrosexual man of yesteryear has evolved to being almost on par with women when it comes to their appearance. the tan, the hair, the jewellery, the body mods, full body waxes!! then there's the clothes, the trends, the selfies etc etc....it's just plain acceptable these days that (young) men and women go about their lives a whole heck differently to back in the day and more alike than ever before.

...when the men were men and the sheep were scared!

It does seem strange that a whole weekend went by with nobody missing him. I have no idea what normally happens at the weekend at these places though.

People come and go on the weekends in military bases/towns. Once you get knocked off on a Friday afternoon many go home, many go on weekends away & others stay and go out. It isn't abnormal to not notice someone missing until the first roll call on a Monday morning.

I think some posters must not be around Millennials very often.

Those white pants were over the top. The pink shirt is nothing, everyone wears those. But I've never seen a straight man wear white pants like that in any context except Colonel Sanders.

In my opinion, it was a flamboyant look. Make of that what you will.

I have seen many late teens/young men wear tight white jeans, so to me that doesn't imply anything. It's fashion.

Well, Tony seems pleased with the increased focus and momentum of the investigations since his reproach.

I'm happy about that.

I understand people saying he looks gay, but a quick search of his media profiles to me show a huge amount of half naked women, one account that's been delete and very few men, a few definately are friends of his from Scotland. Facebook shows me he is a fan of the only way is Essex and (very) old tweets suggest he was a normal lad who liked sex and complained about girls. Towie is very metrosexual in its style, something that corries generation would emulate from the earring, the hair down to the white jeans and the poses.

Of course he doesn't necessarily have to be gay for some scenarios to happen, drunk, curious or bisexual maybe, but I do happen to think the gay assumption based on appearance is a little too much assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama