GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not taking too much notice of the 'engaged' thing, it sounded like one of the investigating officers has maybe used the phrase when asking a neighbour and she's then said something to a reporter - Chinese whispers?

I agree. I read one article where a neighbour was quoted as saying the police had told her that Helen and her partner were about to get married. Now I know the police dont always get all their procedures right, but I seriously doubt they would make this kind of comment to the general public.

Oh. Have we got a murder enquiry brewing?

I wonder if the police are just covering every angle, in light of previous situations, when they didnt do enough ( am thinking of the actress who was eventually found buried in her garden, weeks after the initial police search of the property ).
However, it's not looking good, is it.
I have been hoping that Helen has gone off the radar by taking refuge in a friend's house somewhere, or a rented place and has not been reading or listening to the news. But the time line seems too long now, it's almost 2 weeks.

The last one.
Ooh hmmm personally, I think that's just from someone who would suspect the husband/partner of murder anyway and not because it's from someone who actually knows anything at all.... if that makes sense?

Still no news. Helen didn't take her car and has not been picked up on cctv anywhere local, I presume they have checked all local stations (rail and bus, coach) and taxi offices. Much as I would like to believe that she was picked up by a friend to go and stay for a few days and is now staying until all this dies down - tbh I really don't have a good feeling about this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dog-Fears-grow-missing-children-s-author.html

Still no news. Helen didn't take her car and has not been picked up on cctv anywhere local, I presume they have checked all local stations (rail and bus, coach) and taxi offices. Much as I would like to believe that she was picked up by a friend to go and stay for a few days and is now staying until all this dies down - tbh I really don't have a good feeling about this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dog-Fears-grow-missing-children-s-author.html

I think, if she was staying with a friend, then by now, the friend would have encouraged her to contact someone. She may possibly have gone somewhere to stay alone and not be listening to or reading the news.
However, she and her dog need food, so at some point she has to be out in public. Then again, if she has gone to London, or a large town/city then I guess no one would particularly notice her.

That sweet dog...I worry so much about Boris, too!

Did she take her purse, id, anything?? In looking at the
Earth view I don't see any bodies of water thankfully. Where in the world are they??

Two weeks tomorrow since she went missing. I fear this will not have a happy outcome.

A few things that bother me. She was missing from the Monday but not reported by the partner to the police for 4 days. Why? Presumably this was because she allegedly left a note saying she wanted time to think, implying she had gone away. But even so, that seems a long time especially if she had not even taken so much as a handbag, money, etc. the usual one might carry, plus an overnight bag at the very least.

I would question was the note indeed written by her, or a very good forgery? Has this been looked at by a handwriting expert and fingerprints examined to see if hers are on it? Four days would obviously allow time for disposal of her remains and to concoct a story...

She was also supposedly to have accessed her Facebook account briefly during the time she has been missing. How has this been proven to have been done by her? Did the partner and his kids have access knowledge to that Facebook account?

What was her relationship like with the partner, and indeed his two kids who seemingly lived at the same house? What was their relationship like with her? Did they have any feelings of resentment that their father had 'replaced' their dead mother?

If she left with no money, and has not accessed any bank accounts, and has no means of transport, and has been seen by no one - except for those earlier random sightings of a woman who *may* or may not have been her - I think it is unlikely she is alive. Whether as a result of foul play or her having taken her own life.

Two weeks tomorrow since she went missing. I fear this will not have a happy outcome...

I agree and suspect LE are asking all the same questions.

I would be surprised if a suicidal person took their dog with them. A caring owner would leave him with someone they trusted.

I agree and suspect LE are asking all the same questions.

I would be surprised if a suicidal person took their dog with them. A caring owner would leave him with someone they trusted.
I have to disagree, for one, a suicidal person is not 'caring' or maybe they're 'caring' too much but they're certainly not of sound mind to think in the way you're implying a caring person would, that's why sometimes mothers commit suicide and 'take their children with them' because they can't stay but they can't stand to leave them behind, or they fear that there'll be no one left to care for the child/dog once they're gone ...

To add, if Helen was suicidal, mentally unwell, possibly even pushed over the edge of her sanity by the thought that she might lose another man she loved to death we can't begin to think like she may have been thinking, madness is near impossible to replicate at someone who isn't :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500