GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I read one article where a neighbour was quoted as saying the police had told her that Helen and her partner were about to get married. Now I know the police dont always get all their procedures right, but I seriously doubt they would make this kind of comment to the general public.

As best I can tell, when questioning the neighbours, LE referred to her partner as her fiance - presumably they got that information from him when they asked him about their relationship. If he had said wife, partner, roommate, girlfriend, probably they would have used those words. Although possibly they were using the word deliberately, to test whether it matched other people's impressions. .

Two weeks tomorrow since she went missing. I fear this will not have a happy outcome.

A few things that bother me. She was missing from the Monday but not reported by the partner to the police for 4 days. Why? Presumably this was because she allegedly left a note saying she wanted time to think, implying she had gone away. But even so, that seems a long time especially if she had not even taken so much as a handbag, money, etc. the usual one might carry, plus an overnight bag at the very least.

I would question was the note indeed written by her, or a very good forgery? Has this been looked at by a handwriting expert and fingerprints examined to see if hers are on it? Four days would obviously allow time for disposal of her remains and to concoct a story...

She was also supposedly to have accessed her Facebook account briefly during the time she has been missing. How has this been proven to have been done by her? Did the partner and his kids have access knowledge to that Facebook account?

What was her relationship like with the partner, and indeed his two kids who seemingly lived at the same house? What was their relationship like with her? Did they have any feelings of resentment that their father had 'replaced' their dead mother?

If she left with no money, and has not accessed any bank accounts, and has no means of transport, and has been seen by no one - except for those earlier random sightings of a woman who *may* or may not have been her - I think it is unlikely she is alive. Whether as a result of foul play or her having taken her own life.

:welcome6: MillyM....

Thanks for your excellent (& first) post...I'm afraid I feel like you do.

You ask the questions we all wish we had answers for.

Where is Helen?!?!? & where is Boris?!?!?

:candle:

To add, if Helen was suicidal, mentally unwell, possibly even pushed over the edge of her sanity by the thought that she might lose another man she loved to death we can't begin to think like she may have been thinking, madness is near impossible to replicate at someone who isn't :/

I disagree that there is any state of mind called "madness" where the person's thoughts are inexplicable, except in fiction.

I also disagree that a suicidal person is, by definition, severely mentally ill or out of their mind. They may be suffering from a mental illness, most often depression, and want to escape it. Because of the depression, they may feel unable to escape any other way.

There is psychosis, where a person has lost touch with reality, but in that case they can't behave normally like leaving a believable note and going on an ordinary walk.

There is lots of information on the web about suicide and pschology in general.

I disagree that there is any state of mind called "madness" where the person's thoughts are inexplicable, except in fiction.

I also disagree that a suicidal person is, by definition, severely mentally ill or out of their mind. They may be suffering from a mental illness, most often depression, and want to escape it. Because of the depression, they may feel unable to escape any other way.

There is psychosis, where a person has lost touch with reality, but in that case they can't behave normally like leaving a believable note and going on an ordinary walk.

There is lots of information on the web about suicide and pschology in general.
What I was trying to say, is that IF Helen were suicidal she may well have taken Boris with her because she couldn't stand to leave him behind and we as non suicidal people cannot possibly think like a suicidal person. The other person was suggesting that IF Helen was suicidal she would have left her much loved dog with someone she trusted but that's the thought of a rational person and suicidal people are NOT thinking rationally.

Two weeks tomorrow since she went missing. I fear this will not have a happy outcome.

A few things that bother me. She was missing from the Monday but not reported by the partner to the police for 4 days. Why? Presumably this was because she allegedly left a note saying she wanted time to think, implying she had gone away. But even so, that seems a long time especially if she had not even taken so much as a handbag, money, etc. the usual one might carry, plus an overnight bag at the very least.

I would question was the note indeed written by her, or a very good forgery? Has this been looked at by a handwriting expert and fingerprints examined to see if hers are on it? Four days would obviously allow time for disposal of her remains and to concoct a story...

She was also supposedly to have accessed her Facebook account briefly during the time she has been missing. How has this been proven to have been done by her? Did the partner and his kids have access knowledge to that Facebook account?

What was her relationship like with the partner, and indeed his two kids who seemingly lived at the same house? What was their relationship like with her? Did they have any feelings of resentment that their father had 'replaced' their dead mother?

If she left with no money, and has not accessed any bank accounts, and has no means of transport, and has been seen by no one - except for those earlier random sightings of a woman who *may* or may not have been her - I think it is unlikely she is alive. Whether as a result of foul play or her having taken her own life.

I am sure I read in one of the articles, that Helen was reported missing after her friends were unable to contact her. Whether that means it was the friends who reported her or the partner , I am not sure. But, as I understand it, it was their concern which led to the missing persons report being made.
I agree re the note and the Facebook access. The note could even have been typed and the FB account, as we all know, could have been accessed by someone who had her details.
We dont know ( far as I am aware ) that Helen left without money or an overnight bag. The last known sighting was someone who saw her walking Boris in the afternoon of April 11. It is quite possible she then returned home, could have been nobody else in the home, ( so no one able to confirm a sighting ) wrote the note saying she needed some time and space and then departed, taking cash with her and also an overnight bag or even suitcase.
The sighting with Boris on the Monday, the person said Helen was wearing a silver coloured raincoat.
The sighting on the Tuesday ( in Weston, nr Baldock ) said Helen ( if it was Helen ) was wearing a green Barbour style jacket. Presumably her partner can confirm which coat is missing.

Having said all that, it does worry me that she has been gone for 2 weeks now with no contact. But then, someone who is seeking time and space might not be thinking of anything other than their own concerns and not be aware of time passing and the possibility of having created worry and distress to her friends.

Sorry meant to add a :welcome: to Milly

Helen is clearly a woman who knows how to reach out to others when she's under emotional strain, and on her blog and in her book she strongly encourages others to get counselling and talk about their suffering because it will lead to healing and moving on. I can't believe someone like that would go into hiding and not contact anyone, it's totally out of character.

Helen is clearly a woman who knows how to reach out to others when she's under emotional strain, and on her blog and in her book she strongly encourages others to get counselling and talk about their suffering because it will lead to healing and moving on. I can't believe someone like that would go into hiding and not contact anyone, it's totally out of character.
I agree! I've read a few of her posts and although it's clear that she is dealing with a lot of emotions including ones connected to her late husbands death and her current partners illness, I just don't get the feeling that she would take herself off FOR THIS LONG and cause such worry and heartache for all her loved ones.

A further appeal today by the police to people in the Herts area...

North Herts Chief Insp Julie Wheatley said: “This is a highly unique case as there is no trace of Helen in the last two weeks and understandably we, her family and her friends remain concerned for her welfare.

“I am extremely grateful to those people who have contacted us with information, however I would like to appeal to the public again for any assistance they can give us.

“I would ask residents to take time to check for signs anyone may have been in a shed, garage, outbuilding or barn in and around the Royston area. I would also encourage people out walking, particularly dog owners to be extra vigilant in case they see anything which could help in our attempts to locate Helen

http://www.thecomet.net/news/police..._been_spotted_in_baldock_and_weston_1_4511147

Without going through articles, has her dog been found?

No, Boris has not been found and this is the part that puzzles me.

If Helen had had some kind of accident, I would have thought Boris would have been found nearby.

Or, if Helen has gone to stay somewhere, then on her own, she could stay indoors for as long as she wanted. But with a dog there is a need to get him food and he will need to be walked.

No, Boris has not been found and this is the part that puzzles me.

If Helen had had some kind of accident, I would have thought Boris would have been found nearby.

Or, if Helen has gone to stay somewhere, then on her own, she could stay indoors for as long as she wanted. But with a dog there is a need to get him food and he will need to be walked.
He's a very small breed dog, it's not strictly necessary to walk them as such but he would need to have somewhere to toilet, a garden for example?
I just can't grasp that this lady would purposefully disappear with Boris, knowing that it would cause worry, for this long.

Is it known if Helen had 'gone off' before ever?

He's a very small breed dog, it's not strictly necessary to walk them as such but he would need to have somewhere to toilet, a garden for example?
I just can't grasp that this lady would purposefully disappear with Boris, knowing that it would cause worry, for this long.

Is it known if Helen had 'gone off' before ever?

Yes, good point. Boris may not need walks as he is a small dog and a garden would be fine for toilet facilities.

I agree, I just can't see Helen going away for this long without making contact. From everything I have read on her blog, she seems far too caring and considerate of others to do this. I could see her going off for a few days, even maybe a week, but, after that time , I feel she would be in touch, even if only to say she needs more time on her own.

I don't believe she has ever gone off before, but i did read something she has written about just disappearing, which is quite worrying. I will find the link.

In the above article, and also the huff post article, it's mentioned that her current partner had been sick recently, Could this have been the trigger ?

Are B&B owners naive enough to just take cash these days? What if the guest wrecks the place? Anytime I've stayed in one I've paid by card which proves who I am. I had some vouchers as payment for a hotel stay once and was also asked to show ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500