GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything about the investigation into Ian Stewart's first wife, Diane?

I've spent some time on Google and can't find anything beyond the investigation being opened up.

Sorry if there's another more suitable thread, I searched and couldn't find. This case and the people affected have really been on my mind.

Dear All,
I remember some of us discussing whether Ian Stewart would be asked to pay towards the cost of the court case. At the time it seemed that he probably wouldn`t.
Unexpectedly (and happily!) I found this:

"Helen Bailey murderer Ian Stewart to pay £98,000 costs"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-41053694

So...Mr Stewart...all that plotting...all that planning...all that evil energy used...and look where it got you.

Michelle

Has anyone heard anything about the investigation into Ian Stewart's first wife, Diane?

I've spent some time on Google and can't find anything beyond the investigation being opened up.

Sorry if there's another more suitable thread, I searched and couldn't find. This case and the people affected have really been on my mind.

Not heard anything lately Chinny - sadly I would guess that the police have not been able to find enough evidence to prove the case against IS.

Am not sure if this hearing is separate from the costs hearing ( as per Michelle's post above ).
If so, it is very good news and I hope he does forfeit all his claim to the property.

The killer of children's author Helen Bailey who murdered her in order to benefit from her multi-million pound fortune faces a forfeiture hearing in court.

The hearing is designed to ensure that Stewart, who was jailed for life last for the murder, would not financially benefit from the crime.
Last updated Fri 25 Aug 2017 [/I]

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2017-08-25/authors-killer-to-face-forfeiture-hearing/

Been thinking of Helen a lot around this tragic anniversary. I do hope IS is never free again, glad to hear this financial news. I hope his sons are ok.

I never stop thinking if Helen & Boris & still as mortified of how he killed her & disposed of her...nobody deserves that...she was such a beautiful spirit, I hope he suffers every minute of everday in prison. . My thoughts are with Helen's friends family & sadly I feel the monsters family too....does any know what's happening with the house now.? ..if he owns half of it it will cause problems selling it.. as I feel he's the sort that won't let go if it...
I feel he killed her as he knew deep down he could lose her one as she wanted to move back to London, he loved being the big' I Am' in that house & didn't want to lose that status..but look where it got him now.. & a beautiful house that was full of helens love & creative spirit & Boris playful spirit is now empty of any living loving soul. .. I feel her & Boris spirit will be enjoying Broadstairs beach hopefully. ...

Dear All,
I remember some of us discussing whether Ian Stewart would be asked to pay towards the cost of the court case. At the time it seemed that he probably wouldn`t.
Unexpectedly (and happily!) I found this:

"Helen Bailey murderer Ian Stewart to pay £98,000 costs"

Author's murderer to pay £98,000 costs

So...Mr Stewart...all that plotting...all that planning...all that evil energy used...and look where it got you.

Michelle

Thankyou Michelle - that is such good news, which I'd missed up til now.

Nov 16 1960
IS born “Stewart tells jurors he was born in Letchworth Garden City.”( IS)​

Diane born in Sheffield. ( B'day is on FB page if anyone wants to add.)​

Sept 1972 - Jul 1979
Attends X Grammar school ( IS) Powertool may know school name.​

Oct 1979 - M/Jun 1982
Salford University, in year 3 meets Diane Lem. ““I graduated with a first class honours in electronic computer systems and got the course prize.​

1981 - 85
Diane at Salford Uni ( Languages, 4 year course ) Graduates May/June 1985​

Accident at Stevenage Leisure Centre, compo claim of £7k awarded later. ( later used for mortgage 1 says IS)​

Upon “....graduation with a first, job in Hitchin working for computer process control.” At some subsequent point he says he went for an interview at Cambridge University and went to study for a PHD in computer graphics.“ He never completed his PHD because he was "offered a job he could not turn down" “I began working for a small company that made systems for motor engine analysis. (IS)​

May/Jun 1985
On completion of her degree Diane moves to Cambridge where IS is based. “It didn’t go down well with her parents at the time. “We bought our first house together right in the centre of Cambridge.” and “In 1985 Diane and I got married. We had a nice traditional wedding. We moved into a semi-detached house.( IS)​

Oct 1986
Diane marries IS. “We moved into a semi-detached house. “I began working for a small company that made systems for motor engine analysis. “I was working outside of Cambridge and needed a car. Before either of the lads were born I bought an MG. My interest in those type of cars continued until Jamie was born. “​

Diane pregnant with first child. IS claims she has high BP and a seizure.”had very high blood pressure. “She was out shopping and had a fit then and there. I was called to hospital. “Jamie was not a natural birth, he was born by C section. It was a bit of a panic.” ( IS)​

1992 ( April)
Eldest born. Cambridge residence.” I got another job at a much bigger company, based in Shepreth, about 10 miles from Cambridge. “ IS​

1994/5
IS claims onset of symptoms of undiagnosed MG. Admitted and diagnosed in 95.​

youngest born,” In May 1995. Diane was taking medication for epilepsy. “We moved into the house, it wasn’t finished but it was liveable. “ ( IS)​

1995?
move into unfinished bassingbourn house after living in caravan" ( IS) .​

no dates given for “Diane then had another epileptic fit, she was in hospital, but the consequence of that was serious. “She was banned from driving for three years. She made up her mind that she wasn’t going to go back to work and was going to be a stay at home mum. “( IS)

IS stops work and has a disabled parking badge around this time. I’ve had a blue (disabled) badge when driving for 18/19 years​
Critical illness plan pays out 75% of salary, at c. £1.9k p.month.

Please add or post corrections. TX

So alyce?- he got the wedding date wrong?

Considering the news in Tiny's post today am bumping this very old post back up ( It took a while to format, i remember.)

Thanks Cottonweaver :)

Will bump the 2nd half of that dateline for Diane & Ian another time, if something comes of this case into Diane ( Unfortunately the WS change means odd numbers are now inserted into it.)

I've also got all the old links on that thread into why Uk coroners keep slides of brain tissue in SUDEP cases ( back then was hoping Diane's had also been saved despite cremation) in case new technology means a re-test is needed, so if it comes to something with this Diane investigation, I will go look for them.

Remember also Tiny, that he had stored all his old BBC computers in the garage loft? Can't help wondering if there could even be some other kinds of documentary evidence on there.
Am pleased for Diane's family that this is now being looked at, after never having closure.

TX for updates. ( I hadn't been back to WS since HB so had missed them)

The timelines are excellent Cottonweaver. It brings it all back doesn’t it, poor Boris, poor Helen. Diane looked a very kind lady. Yes Cotton - the computers! There must be stuff there? I hope that their friends from bowling and the local community also have some info. You are right - Diane’s family didn’t have closure and must have many questions in light of IS’s heinous crimes.

Alyce - always agree with your comments and your words on Helen’s birthday and the Coldplay song were beautiful.

Moll - yes! He surely was returned to prison?!

Just rechecked on Ancestry
Wedding definately October 1986 - or at least it was registered in October 1986, so likely to have been either October or maybe a month or so earlier.

The timelines are excellent Cottonweaver. It brings it all back doesn’t it, poor Boris, poor Helen. Diane looked a very kind lady. Yes Cotton - the computers! There must be stuff there? I hope that their friends from bowling and the local community also have some info. You are right - Diane’s family didn’t have closure and must have many questions in light of IS’s heinous crimes.

Alyce - always agree with your comments and your words on Helen’s birthday and the Coldplay song were beautiful.

Moll - yes! He surely was returned to prison?!

Just a throw-away idea on those computers.
It's possible he was on the internet very early so maybe there's a search history - although he wouldn't have found many resources there then. ( I was on early as my partner then was in the academic Comp Science field so I remember that most of the resources were US origin back in the earliest days of academic net followed by dial-up.)

In reality the police must surely be basing this new arrest based on something more - he's already banged up for life so they wouldn't pursue it ??

Has to be something byr doubt eg forensic/medical though - imo it would have to be saved tissue surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa