GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the dog indicated much earlier - April I think. Shortly after that the case was moved to the Major Crimes Team.

I think the arrest was after they discovered the router picking up Helen's phone, which I think happened while IS was in Spain and he was arrested when he got home.

Found it. The dog indicated on 22nd April. I tried searching back to see where the cleaning stuff was but can't find it. For some reason it's in my mind that it was in the utility area and we speculated that he might have had to clean tiled floors after taking Helen's body to the garage. Or maybe little Boris.

It was never said in court, I don't believe, why they took the decision to arrest IS on suspicion of murder on 11th July. I would have expected that. Why that date. It must have been a planned operation.

When IS was arrested on July 11, I seem to remember, MSM talked about how money had been taken from Helen's account, since she went missing.

My guess is that someone - probably Barclays - finally twigged re the change to the SO and the extra money going out to the joint account.

IS amended the SO in April as we know. I think the pay date for the SO was somewhere around the 7th or 8th or the month.
So by July 11, the third payment had gone out and was noticed ? and he was then arrested

What I meant was, this gave them a good reason to arrest him, which they had not had up til then.

They of course had the cadaver evidence since April 22 and knew Helen was dead, but without a body I presume they had no good evidence against him - or any other person in the vicinity - to be able to make an arrest.

They had searched the house inside and out ( or so they thought - note to future search teams, move the cars when searching a garage ! ) and no Helen or Boris.
So they are thinking Helen and Boris have been taken away and buried elsewhere. I guess they would not have been able to search any of the cars without arousing suspicions and leading to further cover up by the guilty party.
( although I would hope the cadaver dog * wandered* near to the cars during the search )

So the money angle got him arrested - it was a huge indicator that he knew Helen was dead - and had known since April 11. It also got him out of the house and allowed them to conduct another, detailed search.

I need to start staying up later. I giggle my way through my overnight catch up each morning. Mind you, my 5.45am start makes staying up late tricky... :(

So, we just have the end of the BS to go before the Judge's summary, right?

Then 2 days for IS to stew in his own ineptitude.

I have recently started up modern calligraphy and last night I had the famous quote from To Kill a Mockingbird running round and around my head while I was thinking over this case. The fact that the defence's case rests on the fact that they seemed to be in love and didn't have any problems, so there's not really a motive... Anyway, I decided to write it out. I thought it was pretty apt to post it here as a reminder. You really never can understand someone. We just have to take that leap sometimes and hope they don't mean us harm. I only hope that Helen's too-short life was rich and full for being someone who leapt and that she never had the opportunity to realise she leapt in the wrong direction.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7010.JPG
    IMG_7010.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 166
Zab's Post From Thread Eight - Which I thought should be here on Thread Nine

Just to explain the reason I am here... a newbie since the start of the trial I have been lurking albeit the odd comment. Why am I following this trial, the 1st ever? Before I tell my tale I just want to say how grateful I have been to find you lot WS! The wit, the overwhelming knowledge of the law and foremost the utter respect you have always shown to Helen and Boris as well as love? I did not know Helen but I was tasked to search with my qualified search dog for her and Boris sometime in April, sorry I cannot give exact date due to confidentiality clauses? We are qualified volunteers called upon by the police to look for vunrerable high risk missing people. This is a vocation and we care. We want to find that vulnerable person, sometimes we find them too late but at least we can give the family closure? When we don't find them we don't forget them hence I am here with you lot? Whilst IS was still enjoying his lavish life style in Helen's sprawling Manor in April flushing the toilet everyday I was putting my search dog who is foremost my beloved pet dog at risk as he thankfully only walked into a fox snare rather than running into one as he normally charges around when he is searching! He could have been severely injured if not killed outright. This message which I would not normally share is meant for Helens family, I am trying to keep up with this thread but I am also abroad looking after my elderly mother, but I did get a hint of negative comments? Just rest assured a lot of people took time to find Helen and Boris while IS was still flushing his toilet! Strimmer was brilliant but I will only sleep soundly when I hear GUILTY!

I probably read too many police procedural novels, but here goes...

When an adult goes missing there are some key factors for the police... what do they take with them, have they used their phone, have they accessed their bank account or used their bank cards anywhere... After a week or so of no apparent signs of life, they very quickly assume the person is likely to be dead.

The waters may have been muddied with Helen since early on we thought she had access to a four figure sum of cash in the house. We never heard much more about this so what happened to that info, where it came from and how they discounted it, I don't think we know.

As all good sleuthers know, the last person to see the victim and/or the partner is always the prime suspect. So LE will have been watching IS from the very beginning.

They can only arrest someone when there is enough information to justify it. I guess it took them that long to feel confident they had the right person in their sights, probably based on all the little pieces of info slotting together, from her lack of apparent signs of life, his story full of holes, the router data, Helen's family and friends saying there was no way she'd vanish and not contact anyone, the dog alerts at the house, the lack of sightings of HB and B, the presentation of IS (emotionless except when it came to his own discomforts, speaking of HB in past tense, going on holiday when HB could supposedly come home at any time etc etc). There may be lots of things we don't know about that were not strong enough evidence to form part of the prosecution case but were useful for the police's decision making.

Ha.....I finally got to hear the call IS Mae about Helen gone missing........

"We were....(oops)! / are going to be married"

Liar......

I read your post on the previous thread but they closed it before I could reply, dogs are such wonderful and clever creatures what an amazing thing you and your dog do!

I was thinking about Zab's story this morning. So glad the dog is fine after the fox trap encounter and welcome Zab:)

Found it. The dog indicated on 22nd April. I tried searching back to see where the cleaning stuff was but can't find it. For some reason it's in my mind that it was in the utility area and we speculated that he might have had to clean tiled floors after taking Helen's body to the garage. Or maybe little Boris.

Yes, I had the points as being a kitchen bench, trousers in the bedroom and a cleaning bucket in the utility room, off the kitchen.
There was also a mention of the dog indicating in the room above the garage - by a box ?

I need to start staying up later. I giggle my way through my overnight catch up each morning. Mind you, my 5.45am start makes staying up late tricky... :(

So, we just have the end of the BS to go before the Judge's summary, right?

Then 2 days for IS to stew in his own ineptitude.

I have recently started up modern calligraphy and last night I had the famous quote from To Kill a Mockingbird running round and around my head while I was thinking over this case. The fact that the defence's case rests on the fact that they seemed to be in love and didn't have any problems, so there's not really a motive... Anyway, I decided to write it out. I thought it was pretty apt to post it here as a reminder. You really never can understand someone. We just have to take that leap sometimes and hope they don't mean us harm. I only hope that Helen's too-short life was rich and full for being someone who leapt and that she never had the opportunity to realise she leapt in the wrong direction.

/QUOTE]

Looks beautiful - well done on the calligraphy. Always been fascinated by that - can't say I'm any good at it , a friend does some amazing traditional stuff.

Re Neteditor's post:
As all good sleuthers know, the last person to see the victim and/or the partner is always the prime suspect. So LE will have been watching IS from the very beginning.

And the problem we had in the summer 2016 news reports was all those neighbourhood sightings in the afternoon which def muddied the waters, for us following the case in the news - purported to be last known sightings.

Well that cadaver dog evidence seems crucial - hope it's been noted well by jury.

I'm off out for coffee with my cousin. Will catch up later.

I'm off out for coffee with my cousin. Will catch up later.

I'm also going out for a bit - I can't stand to watch any more of Mr Russell Flint coming through so soon after breakfast but will be extremely grateful to those who are performing the public service of sticking it out and relaying it all on here for comment.

I'm out as well.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I dashed back to get here for ten!
Was listening to June Brown( Dot Cotton eastenders) on Desert Island Discs on way back - fascinating life story, I recommend.

I would offer to do the updates I'm in work but can give it a go, until/if boss turns up?

I've never done it before so please be gentle with me :laughing:

Spoke too soon - boss arrived sorry,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members