GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to be 10am start but havent seen any updates so far.

I really, really dont think I can bear to listen to another hour or two of Flint. Doing his job, fine. Misquoting Helen NO

I will be back later and if no one else has already done it, then I will copy up today's feed and post it as one long post so we have it for the record.

Paste- up job - I don't mind Alyce and Lou - unless someone else wants to give it a whirl.

Thanks cw. My eyes are peeled and stomach braced for the waterfall of bilge about to pour from SRF.

Justice for H&B.

99130accf9c1d0137ff2ad6b4681fb06.jpg

Oh what a tangled web we weave

Know people are not keen on SRF but here he is whilst we're waiting

bfc25549-6282-4928-ae2a-7d11b3d7da64-400.jpg

whiter-than- white

7Lkq3yL__400x400.jpg

Morning all! Great posts on the subject of what triggered IS' arrest. I must say I was surprised (and disappointed) that the evidence of the cadaver dog back in April wasn't sufficient to arrest the toe rag, confiscate his phone(s) computers and tear the house apart. Surely there were sufficient, lawful grounds to arrest him before July - by which time, frustratingly, he had disposed of so much evidence - some of it no doubt in Spain! An early arrest with full access to the family home would also no doubt have recovered Helen and Boris' bodies earlier. At the risk of repeating myself, I feel Helen's family would be justified in feeling great disappointment that her body lay where it lay, decomposing, for three whole months.

Loving your work LozDa, stunning calligraphy - and what a fitting quote from perhaps the greatest novel ever written.

Jurors called in

Jurors have now been called in. Simon Russell Flint, defence counsel for Ian Stewart, is continuing his closing speech.

Paste- up job - I don't mind Alyce and Lou - unless someone else wants to give it a whirl.

Thank you so much CW. Sorry I can't help - wouldn't know where to begin but do so appreciate all of you who keep us constantly updated.
On the edge of my seat to hear the response to Tortoise's email this morning though.

Sorry Cotton - I hadn't refreshed my feed -hadn't noticed you doing it already :blushing:

I'm not really that curious to hear what mr RF has to say.

The only curiosity that I do have is what he could possibly find suitable to add - and hasn't mentioned before.

I do hope he won't read HB's book aloud. It would be nice if he apoliogized for mentioning that IS would gain one million more had he waited to murder HB until after the wedding.

Sorry Cotton - I hadn't refreshed my feed -hadn't noticed you doing it already :blushing:

no pls do them Loz, I'll do some later if your boss turns up ( as LouP said) etc, not worth getting sack for. x

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12617279

[FONT=&quot]10:44[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]Helen Bailey had not changed her finances in Stewart's favour[/h]Mr Russell Flint is stating that Tony Hurley could have stopped Stewart from having a single penny of Ms Bailey’s will. “It was entirely within the discretion of Mr Hurley as whether Stewart got a penny from that will. “It’s inaccurate for the crown to say to you that Helen had changed her entire wealth structure in Stewart’s favour. “She just hadn’t - the will proves that. “What was said to you then was just plain wrong. “Mr Hurley had complete control and complete discretion. “Not one of the named 15 potential beneficiaries could force the trustee, Mr Hurley, to give him or her a penny.”
[/FONT]

no pls do them Loz, I'll do some later if your boss turns up ( as LouP said) etc, not worth getting sack for. x

My boss is behind me as I type. But I'm good at looking busy.

:floorlaugh:

ETA: I mean being busy! Honest boss.

Thank you so much CW. Sorry I can't help - wouldn't know where to begin but do so appreciate all of you who keep us constantly updated.
On the edge of my seat to hear the response to Tortoise's email this morning though.

BIB Me too. maybe delay is due to that ^ ?

And I am interested to see how SRF continues to try to spin this one. He has such poor material to work with and it's fascinating to see how he elides, omits and dissembles, as he's paid to. Let's see how close to the fire he plays and how Judge deals with these tricks later during jury directions.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12617279

[FONT=&quot]10:47[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]Stewart ' not 'financially motivated' - defence[/h]“We haven’t seen a single reference to Stewart trying to get Helen to change her will in his favour. “Isn’t that a matter of huge significance? This fundamentally undermines the whole prosecution case in terms of Stewart’s motivation. “Nothing has been produced to you, because it doesn’t exist. Stewart wasn’t financially motivated. “He was already very comfortable, he didn’t want for anything, and he didn’t want or need any more.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]10:47[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Stewart ' not 'financially motivated' - defence

“We haven’t seen a single reference to Stewart trying to get Helen to change her will in his favour. “Isn’t that a matter of huge significance? This fundamentally undermines the whole prosecution case in terms of Stewart’s motivation. “Nothing has been produced to you, because it doesn’t exist. Stewart wasn’t financially motivated. “He was already very comfortable, he didn’t want for anything, and he didn’t want or need any more.”
[/FONT]

This is making me feel sick.

LIES. :liar:

I'm not really that curious to hear what mr RF has to say.

The only curiosity that I do have is what he could possibly find suitable to add - and hasn't mentioned before.

I do hope he won't read HB's book aloud. It would be nice if he apoliogized for mentioning that IS would gain one million more had he waited to murder HB until after the wedding.

It'll be how Helen took the tablets herself, how she doesn't like spicy food so he wouldn't have been able to disguise the taste, how she took them while he was in hospital, how in pain he was and couldn't open a cupboard, had MG ....blah de blah

[FONT=&amp]10:44[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Helen Bailey had not changed her finances in Stewart's favour

Mr Russell Flint is stating that Tony Hurley could have stopped Stewart from having a single penny of Ms Bailey’s will. “It was entirely within the discretion of Mr Hurley as whether Stewart got a penny from that will. “It’s inaccurate for the crown to say to you that Helen had changed her entire wealth structure in Stewart’s favour. “She just hadn’t - the will proves that. “What was said to you then was just plain wrong. “Mr Hurley had complete control and complete discretion. “Not one of the named 15 potential beneficiaries could force the trustee, Mr Hurley, to give him or her a penny.”
[/FONT]

Even though Hurley said himself he would have respected Helen's wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500