GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS, MMENJBRIT (I started the thread so I guess that makes me official greeter; and once again it's great to get such participation here from the UK.)

I'm pretty sure Greg Reardon was referring to Jefferies's treatment, as the press didn't really focus at all on suspicion of Reardon; if so - and beyond my judgement of the issue - it clearly would seem to indicate that the couple hadn't experienced problems with Jefferies beforehand, before Joanna's tragic loss; otherwise, Greg's statement would make even less sense. Thus, it would seem to indicate that Jefferies was not the busybody the press has cracked him up to be.

True.

Difficult one - I can only see her doing this if she was going to a flat that didn't involve going outside. Jo had a basement flat so to go elsewhere I think she would have to go outside (might be wrong here) so she may have chosen to fully close her door rather than pull it to so she would have needed her keys.

Also, as it was so close to Christmas, with an increased threat of robbery, she may have decided to close her door.

I don't think it was planned but I don't think it would have happened if her b/f hadn't gone away. Not blaming him of course but I think he perp knew he would be away...

I guess it would be helpful to understand the apartment set up better. Did the basement apartment have a completely different entrance? Is there an intercom? How does the door lock? (i.e. does it automatically lock if you pull it closed, or do you turn the lock on the inside before closing it (or use a key in the doorknob)? Is there a common area where tenants might bump into each other? How many tenants are in the building?

Welcome to WS, MMENJBRIT (I started the thread so I guess that makes me official greeter; and once again it's great to get such participation here from the UK.)
]I'm pretty sure Greg Reardon was referring to Jefferies's treatment, as the press didn't really focus at all on suspicion of Reardon; if so - and beyond my judgement of the issue - it clearly would seem to indicate that the couple hadn't experienced problems with Jefferies beforehand, before Joanna's tragic loss; otherwise, Greg's statement would make even less sense. Thus, it would seem to indicate that Jefferies was not the busybody the press has cracked him up to be.

You're probably right, but this comment does not make any sense; why jump to the landlord's defence... it shouldn't even be a thought in his head let alone adding that to his speech in his Wife's memory. It just sounds strange.

]I'm pretty sure Greg Reardon was referring to Jefferies's treatment, as the press didn't really focus at all on suspicion of Reardon; if so - and beyond my judgement of the issue - it clearly would seem to indicate that the couple hadn't experienced problems with Jefferies beforehand, before Joanna's tragic loss; otherwise, Greg's statement would make even less sense. Thus, it would seem to indicate that Jefferies was not the busybody the press has cracked him up to be.

You're probably right, but this comment does not make any sense; why jump to the landlord's defence... it shouldn't even be a thought in his head let alone adding that to his speech in his Wife's memory. It just sounds strange.

Agreed.

Welcome Scottybail and MMENJBRIT!

I jUst want to know what you Brits (incl Sgt Jones) are doing up so late! ;)

Scotty, I understand your point about less foliage during winter, but the driveway still seems quite narrow and if a car was backed in close to the entrance and a body placed in the trunk, I think it wouldn't be obvious at night. It guess it highly depends on where the exit was that the body was being carried from.

I guess it would be helpful to understand the apartment set up better. Did the basement apartment have a completely different entrance? Is there an intercom? How does the door lock? (i.e. does it automatically lock if you pull it closed, or do you turn the lock on the inside before closing it (or use a key in the doorknob)? Is there a common area where tenants might bump into each other? How many tenants are in the building?

True. That could explain a lot about why they think she was killed at home. If the door was auto locking / heavy security door then it probably could not have been forced.

Also it would mean Jo would definately have needed to take her keys unless she was abducted by force by someone she knew.

Thank you for the warm welcome wfgodot and snoopster. I am from the UK but live in NJ.:)

The scream: BBM: Has there been a discussion of this scream yet? Apologies if I missed it, but does anyone know how it fits into the time line, and flat location?
Since her body was found, lines of investigation have included interviewing partygoers on the street where she lived, one of whom reported hearing screams on December 17; viewing vast amounts of CCTV footage; attempting to trace the driver of a mystery car; and a possible link to the unsolved murder of Glenis Carruthers, who was strangled in Bristol in 1974.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lice-warn-women-Dont-night.html#ixzz19y3Ar0CN

The Pizza: Regarding taking the empty box out to the rubbish bin after she'd eaten, I find that quite plausible, as pizza boxes are very annoyingly too big to go into most household bins easily, especially one in a flat could be far too small. If she was a very neat person, then it would have been routine perhaps and if she was being stalked, then they would know that BF was a way, and the rubbish always went out after dinner clean up. So stomach contents will be important to that.

Clothes size: UK Size 8-10 is a lot smaller than US 8-10, in which case I think she could have weighed a lot less than 130lb, I would say more like 7st 7lb - 8st, which would be 105lb - 112lb. Conversation chart says UK size 8 - 10 = US 6 - 8, but I don't agree with that as I was a UK 8-10 when I arrived in the US, and found out my size was a 4, so I would say no more than a US size 6, and possibly less. Also, a US size 8-10 for a person 5ft 4" would be heavier than she looks in the photos.

A verge: is a grassy area between the kerb at the edge of the sidewalk and the sidewalk. So I have no clue why they're going on about a wall, because a verge is not a wall.

Letting the cat out: Did I read they had a cat and when BF came home cat was starving so he knew she hadn't been there to feed it all weekend? If I didn't make that up (it's possible...:), then they didn't have a cat flap and cat would need to be let out. Yes, I know they have cat litter in the UK, but they don't have indoor cats, so cat would be let out after she got back from work, and back in again later, so she could have been opening the door quite a few times during the evening and that would be a matter of routine that anyone watching would know, and would also know the BF was away.

IMHO of course.

Since very early on when Joanna was first reported missing i have often looked back at the phone call with her so-called best friend who must live near Jo's parents in Ampsfield i assume ?? We are assuming this woman Rebecca Scott was actually in Ampsfield that evening ?? I wonder if the police have checked her GPS just to be on the safe side ?

When i realised she lived in Ampsfield (near Jo's parents) i wrote her off at first, however tho - after doing an AA route finder it only takes 1hr 54min to get to Bristol, which isnt that much of a journey. For some reason i think all the clues to solving this murder were there from the beginning, the last person to speak to Joanna Yeates that we definitely know of surely mustnt be ruled out ??

Also we dont know what day or time she was murdered Fri/Sat/Sun , but it seems more than likely its was Friday night & the body probably dumped before Saturday morning owing to the amount of snow that day - i am of the opinion she was dumped before the snow came down, which for the murderer was a stroke of luck.

Please remember these routefinder stats are often not acurate as neither are Sat Nav's, often i can take 20mins off the predicted time when i set off on a clear journey. If anyone can confirm where Rebecca Scott lives & her wherabouts on the evening of Dec 17th we may have a breakthrough. I agree with a few others on here that the murderer could be a female, her motive we dont know ?? Jealousy ?? Maybe ?

joyeates1.jpg

Rebecca Scott (Left) Joanna Yeates (Right)

http://swns.com/last-person-to-spea...ng-bristol-womans-christmas-plans-221230.html

amptobrist.jpg

http://www.theaa.com

BBM: Has there been a discussion of this scream yet? Apologies if I missed it, but does anyone know how it fits into the time line, and flat location?

Think I read it was approx 9pm.

The Pizza: Regarding taking the empty box out to the rubbish bin after she'd eaten, I find that quite plausible, as pizza boxes are very annoyingly too big to go into most household bins easily, especially one in a flat could be far too small. If she was a very neat person, then it would have been routine perhaps and if she was being stalked, then they would know that BF was a way, and the rubbish always went out after dinner clean up. So stomach contents will be important to that.

The pizza box would have gone into a recycling bin. Jo and her b/f were messy so she probably would have left the box indoors until the next day.

I haven't seen any reports on stomach contents but would be good to know.

A verge: is a grassy area between the kerb at the edge of the sidewalk and the sidewalk. So I have no clue why they're going on about a wall, because a verge is not a wall.

Former Detective Chief Inspector Peter Kirkham writes in The Mirror:

Opposite the floral tributes there is a gap between a wall and a fence at the quarry face. If you are strong enough to get a body into a car it will not take much more effort to get it in the gap. If Jo had been left there it is quite possible she would not have been found for years.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...planned-murder-115875-22818569/#ixzz19yZOsTvk

Letting the cat out: Did I read they had a cat and when BF came home cat was starving so he knew she hadn't been there to feed it all weekend? If I didn't make that up (it's possible...:), then they didn't have a cat flap and cat would need to be let out. Yes, I know they have cat litter in the UK, but they don't have indoor cats, so cat would be let out after she got back from work, and back in again later, so she could have been opening the door quite a few times during the evening and that would be a matter of routine that anyone watching would know, and would also know the BF was away.

They do have indoor cats in the UK - I'm staring at two very contented examples as I type! :)

I don't know about Jo's cat or whether there was a cat flap or not but given the temperature that night, I bet the cat would have been inside in front of the fire or curled up somewhere inside nice and warm.

Also following on from my last post, the distance from Bristol to Sheffield is almost double that from Ampsfield - so for all of you that still think it could of been her boyfriend Gregg Rearden please compare the distances & the odds of which it could of been ??

Bristol to Sheffield

brishef.jpg

+ Also it has been mentioned but i cannot confirm this that Gregg Rearden drove what seems to be something like an open back Army truck ?? He would of been lucky to of got 50 mph out of that vehicle, so if he left at 7pm he wouldnt of arrived at Sheffield till well after midnight at least ??

peter-stanley-yeates.jpg

Greggs Vehicle ?? Would you drive to Sheffield on a freezing cold night of sub zero temperatures at 50mph in this vehicle ??

He must of been wearing a spacesuit to stay warm !!!

Destroyer:

Is a woman likely to use strangulation in order to commit murder?

I think I read somewhere a woman is more likely to kill using a weapon such as gun or knife or use poison.

Wouldn't think a woman who was Jo's close friend would - in the UK more likely she would use a weapon (not a gun).

I read somewhere that Greg shared Joanna's car. I think is was a focus or something similar. I believe that Army Truck belonged to Peter Stanley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675