GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
IKEA men, not even gonna comment on that, jeez, I have so many deliveries made to my house, if I was ever murdered it would take them a year to question all the delivery men! :D

Thinking about the text, why did MW turn down JY's offer of a drink? Unless he'd already got lucky that night, if he was simply out drinking with work colleagues in a bar, (and they weren't in some private function room), then at those sort of events, its usually "the more the merrier". My husband has met up with me on work's nights out, I don't see why he needed to tell her he was 'busy'.

Unless the text was sent after any incident, in a need to distance himself from her completely.

JMO.

SheDevil said:
Thinking about the text, why did MW turn down JY's offer of a drink? Unless he'd already got lucky that night, if he was simply out drinking with work colleagues in a bar, (and they weren't in some private function room), then at those sort of events, its usually "the more the merrier". My husband has met up with me on work's nights out, I don't see why he needed to tell her he was 'busy'.

Unless the text was sent after any incident, in a need to distance himself from her completely.

JMO.
Food for thought here. I wonder what time he left party?

Food for thought here. I wonder what time he left party?

And you don't suppose this question has occurred to the police and been exhaustively investigated ?

If MW did it, rest assured that the police will be aware of it. Everyone at the party he was at will have been discussing what went on and ready to point out anything suspicious.

A much harder suspect to pin down would be the one who spent Friday evening reading a book alone in front of the fire.

JMO.

Does anyone else think dumping the body on the other side of the River Avon is a Psychological barrier, used by the killer to try deflect attention away from Bristol? Meaning he's trying to suggest the killer is not from Bristol.
I do, and i think that's very calculating of him if so. But by so doing he's narrowing the routes available to him to narrow pinch points, the Police can concentrate their hunt down to these.

But as we've seen already, it's very possible they've already counted too much on the Clifton suspension bridge if that route wasn't used. I still think they should check the C.C.T.V on that bridge on the early hours of Christmas morning if they haven't already done so, and I suspect it's highely likely they haven't.

If whoever is reading this who saw the alternative route, and the Victorian plans posted on here and brought them to light, then get this message across that all C.C.T.V should not be exclusively examined for just the weekend 17th-19th. Dismiss Christmas morning C.C.T.V footage, and I fear they may have lost their man.
This includes the new C.C.T.V footage obtained from Canynge Road/Clifton Down.

J.M.O, but perhaps the so far elusive Golden Nugget they can't afford to miss!

And you don't suppose this question has occurred to the police and been exhaustively investigated ?

I don't suppose anything. Personally I have no idea what the police have or haven't done. One would only hope that they have indeed 'exhaustively investigated' this particular line of enquiry.

If MW did it, rest assured that the police will be aware of it. Everyone at the party he was at will have been discussing what went on and ready to point out anything suspicious.

I'm not at all sure that MW 'did it' - lack of motive for one thing, well at least as far as we know. But then again it could have been a tragic accident which I think is still in the frame.

I merely thought She Devil's post gave 'food for thought' - after all, he could very well have left party for a short while to see Jo - he wasn't that far away by all accounts. If something had happened in that time he could have sent text when he got back to party to cover himself. As for other partygoers, work colleagues? Quite honestly I can't see them standing around quietly discussing the price of fish, they would have been too busy letting their hair down - who would have noticed anybody leaving for a while, after all they wouldn't have been expecting anything like this to happen. With a full-blown party on the go, who would notice anything untoward?

I'm not at all sure that MW 'did it' - lack of motive for one thing, well at least as far as we know.

Oh, finding a perfectly credible motive for MW is not at all difficult. The difficulty of the MW hypothesis lies in supposing that he hasn't got an alibi, or that if his alibi doesn't hold water, the police are not already aware of that.

This is make or break week for this investigation.

I have followed a few cases like this and soon media interest will fade.
Even threads like this 'lose their legs' so to speak.
Finally, as people realise the case isn't going to be resolved the posts become few and far between.
Just type in Jennifer Kesse and Tracy Ocasio here at WS for two examples.

Joanna's murder is a difficult case indeed but I am pinning my hopes on the reported DNA samples.
At least the results will allow detectives to apply the blow-torch to someone in the quest for a confession.

I'm keenly watching this thread for the first post reporting the big break-through.

This is make or break week for this investigation.

I have followed a few cases like this and soon media interest will fade.
Even threads like this 'lose their legs' so to speak.
Finally, as people realise the case isn't going to be resolved the posts become few and far between.
Just type in Jennifer Kesse and Tracy Ocasio here at WS for two examples.

Joanna's murder is a difficult case indeed but I am pinning my hopes on the reported DNA samples.
At least the results will allow detectives to apply the blow-torch to someone in the quest for a confession.

I'm keenly watching this thread for the first post reporting the big break-through.

I was convinced that an arrest was going to me made at the weekend, wrong again!

My conviction was based on the police closing down various internet links, particularly GR's tearful appeal. Now, closing down these links must have taken a lot of police resource, so why do it?

I had some residual faith in the police enquiry, until I read this morning about the Ikea interviews. That really smacks of desperation.

I also share Phillb's concerns about closed-mind focus on cctv for 17/18 December, ignoring 24/25.

I truly hope I'm wrong on this, but now I fear this case becoming yet another "cold case review", probably in about 10 years time.

Certainly the media "feeding frenzy" has died down now- what exactly was that all about, by the way?

The big hurdles are:

No crime scene
No witnesses
Poor forensic evidence
Lack of a motive

DNA is the big hope.

Ikea furniture delivery guys just doesn't cut it.

Joanna's killer is out there right now.
What is the murderer doing at the very moment you are reading this?

The big hurdles are:

No crime scene
No witnesses
Poor forensic evidence
Lack of a motive

DNA is the big hope.

The big hurdles for us are that we don't know anything about any of the above. It's nearly all just conjecture, like the above statement.

Ikea furniture delivery guys just doesn't cut it.

That will have been one of the Godknowshowmany leads they mentioned that the police were following.

To me this says the police are thorough. It's the media that are desperate.

I am still holding out that the L/E are on the cusp of an arrest. There will be undoubtedly a ton of stuff that we do not know. Like TeaBreid I thought it would be this past weekend... but who knows maybe 25th? I feel the pressure is really on L/E to not drop sight of this case. Sometimes these things just take longer than expected ..then 'boom' an arrest. It is too wierd in my opinion that there is no link between JY and Glennis Caruthers murders. By now top L/E and maybe retired top detectives must be all over this case. This is the time not to give up......

It's the media that are desperate.
I'm desperate too, for just one more clue. ;)

Can't LE feed us something. It's been days and days and no word. Why? And why no reporting from BBC or the Guardian? Have they really lost interest or do they know something they can't divulge?

My brain hasn't come up with any new hypotheses but I still have quesions.

How the perp got in the flat: Either JY opened the door to someone she knew,
or
she opened the door expecting it to be someone she knew ie.MW but it wasn't him,
or
someone approached her from behind whilst she was opening the door from the outside and forced themselves into her flat along with her,
or
someone had keys and let himself in.
Are there any other possibilities?

Pizza: We must assume that the murderer took it. Other than DNA evidence, what are other reasons it would be important to the case?

Motive: Assuming it was not death by misadventure, and we're ruling out GR and MW (for the sake of this exercise, and if the perp were a stranger the only motive I can think of would be burglary or sexual assault. Any other ideas?

Moving the body from the flat:Assuming she was killed there, what are the advantages other than disassociation?

How the perp got in the flat: Either JY opened the door to someone she knew,
or
she opened the door expecting it to be someone she knew ie.MW but it wasn't him,
or
someone approached her from behind whilst she was opening the door from the outside and forced themselves into her flat along with her,
or
someone had keys and let himself in.
Are there any other possibilities?

She met someone she knew as she arrived home and invited them in?

IMO Jo got home just before nine and took off her boots. She opened a bottle of cider and took a few sips. She was taking the pizza out of its bag when there was a knock at the door. She opened it to the perp with the pizza still in her hand.
Two screams were heard by a woman attending the party in the house opposite Jo's flat. Her line of view was obscured by hedges/trees which suggests she could more easily see the source of the screams if her sight line was not impeded. To me this would make it more likely the perp is not GR as the screams occurred with the flat door open.
Jo trys to defend herself with what is to hand ie the pizza. The pizza box is crumpled from the blow or has hit the perp's face which is why it had to be disposed of. She is most likely killed in the area directly adjacent to the flat door by forearm constriction around her neck.
The perp may have removed the body after hearing MW's text notification come through on Jo's phone to give him more time before the body is discovered.
Like many others here I do not believe Jo lay in Longwood lane for 8 days before she was discovered.
Nor do I think there was any real attempt at set decoration of the Canyge Rd flat. The perp removed only the items he needed to give him more time before a murder investigation is started. The pizza and poor Jo herself.

Like many others here I do not believe Jo lay in Longwood lane for 8 days before she was discovered.

Well said, and couldn't agree more. Unless the Police have new specific info that leads them to know better
(unlike their earlier ''unsure how long the body has been in Longwood Lane'' quote)
I do feel they've blown this if they are counting on the 17th-19th C.C.T.V and body disposal.

It's really quite frustrating to think it could be so, but I doubt they'd like offers of help telling them how to detect. I trust they are acting professionally here, but I have a bad feeling they are going down the road of the Yorkshire Ripper enquiry. Eliminate all non Geordie accents from the enquiry, what a monumental blunder that was. I really hope they aren't doing the same thing with the 17th-19th specific timeline.

Digital spy's forum discussing Jo has 'closed due to high demand' it was working at 11am GMT today. IMO it was busy last week, this week seems slower. Maybe somethings afoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member